Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Eddie Howe playing down Tripper exit talks in his presser, saying he's surprised where the rumours came from.

Slot saying people have read too much into his words over Quansah, saying that all he said was that he lost one or two important duels. Confirms he had him training on Sunday, that he picked up a knock on Tuesday, will see if he can train today.

He's a doubt isn't he?
he is now that im about to TC him.
im torn between him, salah and haaland, think one of them, with the fixtures the way they are, is going to smash it this weekend, but which one.

- solanke wasnt pictured in training yday, but that could mean nothing, big ange press conference in an hour should let us know.

everton are a shambles defensively, no fit fullbacks, solanke as TC instead this week?
Not true. We have Myko!

But yeah. Patto, Coleman, Young, Branthwaite all out. Tarkowski possibly out too. Could be seeing a Holgate, Keane, O'Brien, Myko defence. If Spurs don't score at least 3 they're rubbish.

Not true. We have Myko!

But yeah. Patto, Coleman, Young, Branthwaite all out. Tarkowski possibly out too. Could be seeing a Holgate, Keane, O'Brien, Myko defence. If Spurs don't score at least 3 they're rubbish.
its got spurs 0-1 everton written all over it. parking the bus from kick off and then scoring from a set piece in the 75th min after spurs have shot their bolt.

Where's this Doku love in coming from? :lol:

I had him for a chunk of last season and he was utter garbage. Iirc he had one gw where he grabbed a huge haul and did nothing in the rest of them. I guess if he's gonna haul this season then this week might be a shout. Ipswich will probably play a back 5 though.

Well, I'm considering him, as he looked lively vs Chelsea, and they are playing Ipswich at home, and everyone is expecting them to get stomped, and Doku to get a few points on the board. The fact that I don't have anyone from City is a problem, as I was planning to bring Foden once he gets 2 games under his belt. No Haaland either.

What's really concerning is that I'm seeing Grealish back in training, and I wonder if Pep will give him some minutes to get his legs stretched and take Doku out if it's 3-0 by halftime. So City will be disastrous for me this week, especially if they kill Ipswich, and Doku might offset the pain if he scores at least one.

Pickford
Saliba burn porro
palmer odegaard Amad Gordon
Haaland isak
Joao pedro first sub

Not very content with this, pickford probably needs the boot have barco on the bench as well. Any auggestions? no liverpool cover could severely sting me
help xoxox

help xoxox

Chelsea have decent fixtures coming up but I decided not to touch Palmer at all this season because in Maresca's system I think he's not going to reach last season's numbers, not even close...but I'm new to FPL so please don't take this as safe advice :lol:

Solanke owners, who would you change him for if you had the possibility to transfer him?

I'm thinking about Richarlison or Jackson, or switching to a 3-5-2 and getting Maddison?

Van den Berg is going to be a regular starter at 4.0 million, right?

Hard to say. They like to go 3 central defenders in some games, particularly against stronger teams, 2 at other times. Some are suggesting he might be the 3rd if they carry on that way + first backup if one of Pinnock or Collins is injured when they go with 2.

Pinnock appeared in every match when he wasn't injured last season, Collins pretty much the same.

Ajer was the 3rd, and he also played quite a lot at right back (21 starts, 7 subs in all). Van den Berg can play a bit of RB too, he could be an Ajer upgrade.

They've still got Mee, but he's got to be 5th in line and Zanka has left on a free.

£20m would be a lot for Brentford to pay for someone who isn't nailed but there's a lot of money sloshing around. He's young so they could see him as someone to develop as that 3rd player at first. Similarly Leicester look like they view Okoli as a development central defender having paid £12m and they're supposedly hamstrung by PSR.

Maybe wait and see?

Heard on a podcast today that all this talk about the price on a player who goes on loan being locked is just noncence. They were adamant that’s some sort of myth and that Barco’s price indeed will drop at some point.

Solanke owners, who would you change him for if you had the possibility to transfer him?

I'm thinking about Richarlison or Jackson, or switching to a 3-5-2 and getting Maddison?
Would rather take a punt on Wood than rely on feckin Richarlison.

Porro trained yesterday and confirmed fit = yellow flag
Solanke missed training yesterday and confirmed out = no flag

FPL Towers clueless as ever.

Thinking about it because they've got Newcastle away after this weekend (who tend to spank them) followed by Arsenal.

The only issue is if I use my transfer it means I can't get Haaland if he hauls against Ipswich. Would need two to move enough money around.

Considering Solanke's next two fixtures after GW2, I am just going to replace him with Muniz and bank the change and bench Nkunku.

Messes up my plans for GW3 but so be it.

Ive gone with Richarlison upfront this week alongside Isak with Salah as captain.

Ive taken Saliba out as well and replaced him with Gvardiol.

Only decsion for me is Robinson v Leicester (H) or Joao Pedro v United (H).

Erring towards Robinson, he's shiny and new.

Haaland obvious captain pick, no TC for me.

Thinking about it because they've got Newcastle away after this weekend (who tend to spank them) followed by Arsenal.

The only issue is if I use my transfer it means I can't get Haaland if he hauls against Ipswich. Would need two to move enough money around.
Ok I've completely deviated from any rational plan and taken a -4 to take out Salah and Solanke to get Haaland in. I'm miles ahead in my league already so might as well change it now.

Would rather take a punt on Wood than rely on feckin Richarlison.
Considering Solanke's next two fixtures after GW2, I am just going to replace him with Muniz and bank the change and bench Nkunku.

Messes up my plans for GW3 but so be it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

I already own Haaland but I might not go with Richarlison...we'll see

Im thinking of selling him for Adam Armstrong. Southampton has nice fixtures and on penalties.

Only worry is that they did not score against 10 men last round.

A hit is a cert now with Solanke. A hit and still would have Nkunku staring at me. No idea what to do, the other options seem uninspiring.

I reckon we might try and sign Wood before the window ends. Reunite Dyche with his old masters.

Hard to say. They like to go 3 central defenders in some games, particularly against stronger teams, 2 at other times. Some are suggesting he might be the 3rd if they carry on that way + first backup if one of Pinnock or Collins is injured when they go with 2.

Pinnock appeared in every match when he wasn't injured last season, Collins pretty much the same.

Ajer was the 3rd, and he also played quite a lot at right back (21 starts, 7 subs in all). Van den Berg can play a bit of RB too, he could be an Ajer upgrade.

They've still got Mee, but he's got to be 5th in line and Zanka has left on a free.

£20m would be a lot for Brentford to pay for someone who isn't nailed but there's a lot of money sloshing around. He's young so they could see him as someone to develop as that 3rd player at first. Similarly Leicester look like they view Okoli as a development central defender having paid £12m and they're supposedly hamstrung by PSR.

Maybe wait and see?

If he's going to start week in week out for Brentford, how long till his value goes up? I'm new to FPL and not sure how fast do I have to act when I think a player's price is going to rise. However I know Brentford have difficult fixtures coming up

Heard on a podcast today that all this talk about the price on a player who goes on loan being locked is just noncence. They were adamant that’s some sort of myth and that Barco’s price indeed will drop at some point.
There is nothing official on the subject, but past history would lead us to believe his price will hold. Fantasy Football Scout has an article about Barco where they address the issue. They list around 60 players who have been loaned or sold out of the Premier and once they had been red flagged for no longer being in the league none of them dropped in price. His price could drop before he is red flagged but that dosent look likely at the moment. Saliba did drop in price after Arsneal bought him and loaned him straight back to St. Etienne , but the next two times Arsenal loaned him to a French club his price held.

I am thinking TC on Salah. Am i crazy? There will be no double weeks this year, tight? Right??:o

There will be DGW’s, just not as many as there previously was. Ballsy move pulling the trigger this early but could well pay off as I don’t think many will TC Salah this weekend, seems to be a lot sticking it on Haaland though.

I am thinking TC on Salah. Am i crazy? There will be no double weeks this year, tight? Right??:o
There will still be DGWs and I'll be saving my TC until then, especially when you factor in the possibility of last minute postponements, or a match getting abandoned and replayed like Bournemouth vs Luton last season.

If he's going to start week in week out for Brentford, how long till his value goes up? I'm new to FPL and not sure how fast do I have to act when I think a player's price is going to rise. However I know Brentford have difficult fixtures coming up

It's completely dependent on how many people transfer him in. Nobody knows the exact formula, but there are a couple of websites that predict price changes that are very good. Prices can change any day of the week, think it's about 1am UK time, something like that.

Best anyone can do is to keep an eye on those sites:
I like this one because it gives the estimated day of change with all the most expected risers and fallers near the top - https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-price-rises

at 0.92% progress and >1 week right now there's no chance of him changing today. If he starts at the weekend expect quite a few to transfer him in and it will be worth watching how things change.

Then there's this one, estimated risers first, fallers all the way on the last page - https://www.fplstatistics.com/Home/IndexW

This twitter account also covers a lot of the news of potential risers and fallers, who is being heavily bought or sold etc. - https://x.com/FPLPriceChanges?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Last edited:
signed solanke early to avoid price up just so he gets injured while quansah went down in same time :lol:

It's completely dependent on how many people transfer him in. Nobody knows the exact formula, but there are a couple of websites that predict price changes that are very good. Prices can change any day of the week, think it's about 1am UK time, something like that.

Best anyone can do is to keep an eye on those sites:
I like this one because it gives the estimated day of change with all the most expected risers and fallers near the top - https://www.fantasyfootballhub.co.uk/fantasy-premier-league-price-rises

at 0.92% progress and >1 week right now there's no chance of him changing today. If he starts at the weekend expect quite a few to transfer him in and it will be worth watching how things change.

Then there's this one, estimated risers first, fallers all the way on the last page - https://www.fplstatistics.com/Home/IndexW

This twitter account also covers a lot of the news of potential risers and fallers, who is being heavily bought or sold etc. - https://x.com/FPLPriceChanges?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

I know the Twitter account and the first link already, but haven't seen the fplstatistics site yet. Thank you!

Curious why if his price is locked once he is out of the league and there is very little chance he will drop in price today or tomorrow, anybody is in a hurry to use a transfer on Barco. He should be your 5th defender and how many times do you use a 5th defender? You could just leave him on your bench til you wildcard.
I would probably do that to. The «» part was a quote from someone else who I replied to.

Current team :

Flekken
Saliba, Porro, Mazraoui
Saka, Son, Jota, Amad
Wood, Isak, Haaland.

Took out Quansah for Robinson before his price drop. Only decision is should I keep Robinson on the bench or bring him on for Mazraoui/Amad. Rest of the bench is fodder.