Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

All those talk about new bps, great attacking options etc....but when WC kicks in i will be tempted to go hard on defenders. Trent, Gvardiol, Saliba, Raya, Porro.....i can see all of them at 180+ points this year.
For now i have Taa and Joško but Raya and Porro are just damn good.
It's good points per M spent, but having the hardest hitters in midfield and attack is also very important. Mo and Haaland can both hit 300 points each if they stay fit. Palmer, Saka, Foden and Son easily 200+ and possibly even 250. Finding the best budget enablers that allow you to get the best of both while ticking in points for you will be key. Keeping an eye on players like Rogers, Larsen, ESR etc.
TAA + Gvards + a couple of 4,5s to rotate should be golden too though. I don't think I'll "waste" an Arsenal spot on a GK in the end to be fair.

Since that seed was planted, I've come to the conclusion that, well, yeah. TC on Haaland it is!

The arguments for it are simply too good to ignore:

- His minutes will not be as secure later in the season with cups and european football.
- We know he's fit.
- He's allways been starting seasons hot.
Haaland first 5 appearances in the league every season since he moved to Dortmund:
20/21: 5 goals and 2 assists
21/22: 7 goals and 4 assists
22/23: 9 goals and 1 assist
23/24: 7 goals and 1 assist
- Using the chip now will avoid blocking better chips in future doubles
- Ownership is most likely at its lowest right now.
- It's a fantastic fixture (Missing Rodri is the only con)

If he blanks, I will still think it was the right decision.

Thanks for this post, you have made my mind up for me!

Weren't you one of good guys around here?:)
THat is something what i would write. :lol:
I'm a genius of writing cheeky little sarky posts
Don't worry, that poster won't be seen again until their next good week in 6months

All those talk about new bps, great attacking options etc....but when WC kicks in i will be tempted to go hard on defenders. Trent, Gvardiol, Saliba, Raya, Porro.....i can see all of them at 180+ points this year.
For now i have Taa and Joško but Raya and Porro are just damn good.

Eh? TAAs only gotten above 180 once in the last 4 years and of the others only Saliba and Raya have even come relatively close to that figure with a max of 166 or so.

What have you been smoking?

Can’t agree on Porro or Raya.

Goalkeepers get save points and Raya doesn’t. So it’s either a 6 or a 2. Whereas a 4.5 could get 3-4 conceding and 7-8 with a clean sheet. The value isn’t there.

Spurs will always concede too. They have a good week this week, after that, I can’t see the next clean sheet for a while. He won’t get enough attacking returns to justify the price.

Goalkeepers get save points and Raya doesn’t. So it’s either a 6 or a 2. Whereas a 4.5 could get 3-4 conceding and 7-8 with a clean sheet. The value isn’t there.

Spurs will always concede too. They have a good week this week, after that, I can’t see the next clean sheet for a while. He won’t get enough attacking returns to justify the price.

Porro could be injured, guess we'll find out the extent of it in the next few days.

Henderson
Martinez TAA Porro
Nkunku Jota ESR Saka
Isak Solanke Haaland

Hall Mykolenko Rogers

Any fires I need to put out or should I just roll over my transfer?

Since that seed was planted, I've come to the conclusion that, well, yeah. TC on Haaland it is!

- His minutes will not be as secure later in the season with cups and european football.
- We know he's fit.
Haaland first 5 appearances in the league every season since he moved to Dortmund:

Well that was a quick turnaround?

Henderson
Martinez TAA Porro
Nkunku Jota ESR Saka
Isak Solanke Haaland

Hall Mykolenko Rogers

Porro might be injured and Nkunku might be a minutes concern with them signing Felix but I'd say hold the transfer for now.

Henderson
Martinez TAA Porro
Nkunku Jota ESR Saka
Isak Solanke Haaland

Hall Mykolenko Rogers

If Porro is going to play this weekend against Everton, I would roll. If he's ruled out transfer him out because after the Everton, Spurs have a couple of difficult fuxtures. Keep an eye on Nkunku, if Chelsea play with three defensive midfielders and push him out wide like they did against City he's ineffective. I have the same issues with my team.

If Anderson goes to Fulham, does he start? My defense of Barco, Anderson, Mykolenko, Porro and TAA is starting to look a mess.

If Anderson goes to Fulham, does he start? My defense of Barco, Anderson, Mykolenko, Porro and TAA is starting to look a mess.
I think if you're a Fulham fan, you're probably praying for anybody to take Calvin Bassey's position off him.

- We know he's fit.

You may well be on to a 48 pointer or something close to that. However, I can’t bring myself to TC a player in GW2, especially someone like Haaland whose minutes are more nailed than any City asset’s has ever been since Pep took over regardless of the schedule.

Good luck though, if City are to win big this weekend, and they will undoubtedly win big, then he might as well fill his boots. It’ll be their other games in which I expend energy hoping for them to drop points, not Ipswich at home.

Yes, can't see them bothering to sign him, and him wanting to go there without starting.

I'm guilty of going with the crowd on this one. Assuming he was a starter! Will have to ship him off in the near term or he'll quickly be an awkward 3.9m

Only a few players have gone down so far. And no-one up yet. Would have thought a couple would have gone up, especially a United 4.5m starter getting 8 points first day.

I'm guilty of going with the crowd on this one. Assuming he was a starter! Will have to ship him off in the near term or he'll quickly be an awkward 3.9m

Only a few players have gone down so far. And no-one up yet. Would have thought a couple would have gone up, especially a United 4.5m starter getting 8 points first day.
Yeah suppose Quansah being the main one to drop I thought that everyone would have jumped on Mazraoui, but our upcoming fixtures aren't great so people probably avoiding thar switch. Both Quansah and Barco in my side has been a nightmare, glad I got rid of Quansah before the drop, but Barco is going to be an issue unless his price locks before he drops

Yeah suppose Quansah being the main one to drop I thought that everyone would have jumped on Mazraoui, but our upcoming fixtures aren't great so people probably avoiding thar switch. Both Quansah and Barco in my side has been a nightmare, glad I got rid of Quansah before the drop, but Barco is going to be an issue unless his price locks before he drops

He's not looking anywhere near dropping at the moment. People could be holding fire and hanging onto transfers or using them for more pressing matters as he's bench fodder.

He's not looking anywhere near dropping at the moment. People could be holding fire and hanging onto transfers or using them for more pressing matters as he's bench fodder.
Yeah that's fine by me as long as he transfers soon, then his price will lock at 4 and he can sit on my bench until I've got the transfers spare.

He will get priced locked at 4.0 once his move gets finalised

You may well be on to a 48 pointer or something close to that. However, I can’t bring myself to TC a player in GW2, especially someone like Haaland whose minutes are more nailed than any City asset’s has ever been since Pep took over regardless of the schedule.

Good luck though, if City are to win big this weekend, and they will undoubtedly win big, then he might as well fill his boots. It’ll be their other games in which I expend energy hoping for them to drop points, not Ipswich at home.
Thanks, and I totally understand why you want to save it. It´s the weakest chip and it´s a good opportunity to attack a great fixture while only 52% is holding him though. For us who have both Haaland and Sarah, last GW was slow when all the 6,5 mids (bar Mitoma) and Muniz/Pedro blanked so we have some catching up to do.
Need some luck though.

I've already fecked up by not transferring out Quansah and having 0 left in the bank meaning I'll have to get a £4.0m defender. Is there any good one to pick up or worth keeping Quansah?
I ended up eating the price drop on him last night because I was undecided on whether or not to make the Robinson change. Might turn out to be a dumb decision but I have a couple of defenders who can cover the next couple so I guess I'm now hoping Quansah will win his place back. Or maybe Konate's injury record could catch up to him.

If you've already had the price drop I'd probably keep Quansah in the short-term, as long as you have other defenders who can play.

Porro is set and forget for me. He basically plays where you would normally expect a winger to play, and gets good numbers even for a winger. Expecting him to deliver 3-4 goals and 6-8 assists this season if not better than that, and he gets an extra point for each goal compared to a midfielder (+ a better shot at bonus points). He’d be great value as a £5.5m midfielder, so I basically treat any clean sheets points as a bonus which I’m not expecting to get very frequently.

which 4.0 mil gk is closest to starting? Maybe Saints backup gk? First year that there is no bloody 4.0 mil who starts.

which 4.0 mil gk is closest to starting? Maybe Saints backup gk? First year that there is no bloody 4.0 mil who starts.
Basically none of them so far. The second choice (rather than third or fourth) guys who are one injury away from playing are probably Virginia, Valdimarsson, Benda, Fabianski, and I'd avoid Fabianski due to high ownership (people assuming he's still first choice probably).

Stay away from Southampton, they might be bringing in Bijlow. Wolves are supposedly in for Ramsdale as well, so their keepers may be one notch down the pecking order too.

Unless there is an injury I can't see any 4.0 keeper playing. The one I was looking at was Valdimarrsson because Flekken looked like a mistake waiting to happen last year and during the preseason, but he actually looked pretty good last week against Palace..

If you need players at the 4.0 price point get yourself a couple of defenders who cost 4.0 and start.

Same! I'm going to get rid of him today, who is the best 4.0m to replace him? Alternatively, I could go for 4.5m defender but I'd rather leave the 0.5m in the bank

Does Gungodan coming back diminish Fodens value?
It'll probably take 10-20 minutes off him at times and move him more out on the flanks. I would imagine he plays one of his best players in his preferred position though.

Some more price falls today

Gabriel Jesus (Arsenal) £6.9m
Conor Gallagher (Chelsea) £5.9m
Romelu Lukaku (Chelsea) £6.4m
Cody Gakpo (Liverpool) £7.4m

It'll probably take 10-20 minutes off him at times and move him more out on the flanks. I would imagine he plays one of his best players in his preferred position though.
"Same! I'm going to get rid of him today, who is the best 4.0m to replace him? Alternatively, I could go for 4.5m defender but I'd rather leave the 0.5m in the bank"

Best 4,0 options: Harwood-Bellis, Greaves or Faes right now. Longterm might be Mosquera who plays for a better team, but his fixture doesn't turn good before GW9

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.

"Same! I'm going to get rid of him today, who is the best 4.0m to replace him? Alternatively, I could go for 4.5m defender but I'd rather leave the 0.5m in the bank"

Best 4,0 options: Harwood-Bellis, Greaves or Faes right now. Longterm might be Mosquera who plays for a better team, but his fixture doesn't turn good before GW9

Edit: Quoted the wrong post.
Cheers, I saw this anyway. I'll likely go for Greaves. Not based on anything in particular but there's not a "must have" choice just yet. Mosquera is one I'll keep an eye on and depending when I used my WC, may bring him in.