Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

this is my current team. Is it crazy bench Odegaard/Eze for ESR?

Henderson
Gvardiol Porro Mazaroui
Odegaard Eze Bruno(V) Szobozlai
Solenke Isak Haaland (C)

Bench: Vald ESR Konsa Barco

That's a good point to be fair. I could go KDB for Son.
Yeah and I didn’t think Foden would be involved in game 1. Not sure if he has enough minutes for him to start. You could go Foden and avoid a future transfer cause Foden trumps KDB once the former is fully fit. If Son blanks this week I’m transferring him to Foden.

Ridiculous to say no to 65m for fecking Guehi. Oh well no clean sheets for Muñoz then.
It's unreal isn't it.
Not particularly special in an era of relatively underwhelming centre backs and think they can try and hold on for 70m or more?!
I suppose they did get 50m for Wan Bissaka who was uncapped.

Cheers, I’ll give him one more chance.
Absolute non decision.
You don't go with solanke and give up on him after a mere 1 game when playing Everton at home. A team who were battered by Brighton!

Take a -4 if this happens?

Take a -4 only if his price looks like dropping?

Neither and replace him at a later date? (Only 5th choice defender)

Last edited:

Only if the price is dropping. I was inclined to give it one more week but I'll likely get rid this GW if a transfer to Sevilla seems likely

Already had to swap Quansah out so I'll hold Barco and hope everyone just holds him as a 5th choice. Feel nailed on for a WC after the internationals

Let Quansah go before he dropped for Robinson.

Team looking like this for GW2:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Robinson (Faes, Cash)
Salah, Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (Rogers)
Haaland(C), Isak, Muniz

No free transfers and 0,0 ITB, but I think the team looks good for the next couple of GWs.

Plan is to only do surgery if needed and to save up transfers for GW6 to do an Arsenal shift then.

I've already fecked up by not transferring out Quansah and having 0 left in the bank meaning I'll have to get a £4.0m defender. Is there any good one to pick up or worth keeping Quansah?

I've already fecked up by not transferring out Quansah and having 0 left in the bank meaning I'll have to get a £4.0m defender. Is there any good one to pick up or worth keeping Quansah?
If you didn't get it done before the pricedrop I think the best option is to keep. He might not start against a physical Brentford, but it's all speculation and I still think he'll get starts going forward. None of the 4,0s are anything other than 1 and 2 points tickers for the bench.

At this stage, after the price drop you might as well keep him.

Or if you have no cover at all and need someone then id be looking at Greaves 4m at Ipswich. Bad fixture this weekend but ok after that. He got his head on the end of a cross last weekend.
Otherwise Harwood-Bellis 4m at Southampton or Faes at Leicester.
Mosquera 4m at Wolves might be an option this season but Wolves have awful fixtures till end of October.

If you didn't get it done before the pricedrop I think the best option is to keep. He might not start against a physical Brentford, but it's all speculation and I still think he'll get starts going forward. None of the 4,0s are anything other than 1 and 2 points tickers for the bench.
Greaves, Mosquera and Harwood-Bellis all look the best bets at £4m.

I'll be getting Greaves on a wildcard. Was impressed with his performance and think he looks a threat at set pieces.

Annoying. I was hoping to transfer out Amad and another (not Barco) next week but looks like I might have to do Barco.

I'll be getting Greaves on a wildcard. Was impressed with his performance and think he looks a threat at set pieces.

Or if you have no cover at all and need someone then id be looking at Greaves 4m at Ipswich. Bad fixture this weekend but ok after that. He got his head on the end of a cross last weekend.
Mosquera 4m at Wolves might be an option this season but Wolves have awful fixtures till end of October.

Cheers all. I'll take the punt on Harwood-Bellis I think. Fixtures look reasonable for next 5 weeks.

Point is that it seems unnecessary to make a transfer now that Quansah already has dropped in price, when he might still be a decent option going forward and probably still is a much better pick than all the 4,0 options. Greaves might be in many early WCs, but only as a 5th defender for the bench. Quansah was brought in to many teams for GW1 as a 3rd or 4th defender and there's no 4,0s that is close to cover that role. We still don't have any good information regarding how many starts Quansah will get for the next 3-5 GWs, but we know he is extreme value if he starts.

I have Faes as my 5th defender only because he plays, but I hope I never have to depend on points from him. Same goes for all the 4,0s, except maybe Mosquera if he makes that spot his own, and not before GW 7/8. Don't expect any of the promoted teams to keep many cleans.

Not much choice. It's mostly promoted teams central defenders.

Faes or Vestergaard from Leicester, they had the best defence in the Championship last season and it was considerably better than Ipswich's and Southampton's. Both players scored 2 goals. Faes picked up 6 yellows, Vestergaard 13 so Faes has been popular.

Southampton is Bednarek and Harwood-Bayliss. People going with Harwood Bayliss, 2 goals and 3 assists last season v 2 goals 0 assists in the Championship. 6 yellows v 13 again.

Ipswich is Woolfenden (1 goal, 1 assist, 5 yellows in the Championship) and Greaves (2 goals, 4 assists, 12 yellows for Hull) . Maybe Tuanzebe, but I don't know if he continues to start? Ben Johnson should start at right back or wing back very soon for them but looking through his history he has barely any assist potential at all.

Mosquera from Wolves has come into the picture as he got an unexpected start at the weekend. Could be one of the better choices long term if he stays in the side but bad fixtures for them the next few weeks.

Keane started for Everton in Branthwaite's absence, but new signing O'Brien (5.0) was on the bench. He'll probably come in sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Point is that it seems unnecessary to make a transfer now that Quansah already has dropped in price, when he might still be a decent option going forward and probably still is a much better pick than all the 4,0 options. Greaves might be in many early WCs, but only as a 5th defender for the bench. Quansah was brought in to many teams for GW1 as a 3rd or 4th defender and there's no 4,0s that is close to cover that role. We still don't have any good information regarding how many starts Quansah will get for the next 3-5 GWs, but we know he is extreme value if he starts.

I have Faes as my 5th defender only because he plays, but I hope I never have to depend on points from him. Same goes for all the 4,0s, except maybe Mosquera if he makes that spot his own, and not before GW 7/8. Don't expect any of the promoted teams to keep many cleans.

Sorry didn't mean to quote you. Was merely replying to WR asking who the best £4m defenders were. I agree, if you've missed the price drop on Quansah then you've fecked it now anyway and might as well keep him. That's why I binned him days ago.

I’m looking at Greaves for Barco next week if Barco price doesn’t drop. He was always winning those headers in both the box and might be a good punt with Ipswich having all 2 rated fixtures till GW10 after GW2 (barring the Villa fixture)

I’m looking at Greaves for Barco next week if Barco price doesn’t drop. He was always winning those headers in both the box and might be a good punt with Ipswich having all 2 rated fixtures till GW10 after GW2 (barring the Villa fixture)
To be fair all of Ipswich's, Southampton's and Leicester's fixtures are "red".

Last edited:
My team for GW2 looks like this (so far)

Henderson - TAA Mazraoui THB - Saka ESR Fernandes Maddison - Solanke Haaland Isak

Bench: Valdimarsson Konsa Barco Amad

I want to get Barco out of the team soon but I've already transferred out Quansah for Mazraoui for the next gameweek. I'm thinking about Greaves to replace him with.

Not much choice. It's mostly promoted teams central defenders.

Faes or Vestergaard from Leicester, they had the best defence in the Championship last season and it was considerably better than Ipswich's and Southampton's. Both players scored 2 goals. Faes picked up 6 yellows, Vestergaard 13 so Faes has been popular.

Southampton is Bednarek and Harwood-Bayliss. People going with Harwood Bayliss, 2 goals and 3 assists last season v 2 goals 0 assists in the Championship. 6 yellows v 13 again.

Ipswich is Woolfenden (1 goal, 1 assist, 5 yellows in the Championship) and Greaves (2 goals, 4 assists, 12 yellows for Hull) . Maybe Tuanzebe, but I don't know if he continues to start? Ben Johnson should start at right back or wing back very soon for them but looking through his history he has barely any assist potential at all.

Mosquera from Wolves has come into the picture as he got an unexpected start at the weekend. Could be one of the better choices long term if he stays in the side but bad fixtures for them the next few weeks.

Keane started for Everton in Branthwaite's absence, but new signing O'Brien (5.0) was on the bench. He'll probably come in sooner rather than later.
What about Stephens? (Please say he's a fine pick as I just got him in)

What about Stephens? (Please say he's a fine pick as I just got him in)

Think I overlooked him due to not playing as often as Bednarek or Harwood-Bayliss last season, but that was due to injury only. The big patch of missed games on here was because of that.

Not scored a goal since December 2019 so unlikely to do much there I suppose, but none of the other options are exactly Sergio Ramos levels of threat on set pieces.

It would just be down to if you might fancy Southampton to keep more clean sheets than Ipswich or Leicester for the most part and none of them are likely to keep many.

Anyone else think it is a good idea to triple captain Haaland at home to Ipswich?
There are arguments for doing it:
- Lowest ownership right now (will probably be much higher at the business end of the season when potential doubles are played) and biggest differential potential
- Will not block BenchBoost or mystery chip in double GWs.
- At home to a newly promoted teams is one of the three best single GWs to do it.
- He is fit and will most likely play 90 minutes.

And against:
- It's only one fixture, City or another top club with premium pick will most likely have at least one double GW later in the season where the point ceiling and floor is higher.

I'm personally 70/30 right now for saving the chip, but might change before the deadline.

My team for GW2 looks like this (so far)

Henderson - TAA Mazraoui THB - Saka ESR Fernandes Maddison - Solanke Haaland Isak

Bench: Valdimarsson Konsa Barco Amad

I want to get Barco out of the team soon but I've already transferred out Quansah for Mazraoui for the next gameweek. I'm thinking about Greaves to replace him with.
Do you fancy Southampton more to keep a clean than Aston Villa? Villa did not concede against Arsenal last season and won both fixtures.

There are arguments for doing it:
- Lowest ownership right now (will probably be much higher at the business end of the season when potential doubles are played) and biggest differential potential
- Will not block BenchBoost or mystery chip in double GWs.
- At home to a newly promoted teams is one of the three best single GWs to do it.
- He is fit and will most likely play 90 minutes.

And against:
- It's only one fixture, City or another top club with premium pick will most likely have at least one double GW later in the season where the point ceiling and floor is higher.

I'm personally 70/30 right now for saving the chip, but might change before the deadline.
And later in the season (Europe), he’s playing say Southampton, people TC, City 3-0 up, Haaland hasn’t scored and Pep subs him for a rest… in the 59th minute.

And later in the season (Europe), he’s playing say Southampton, people TC, City 3-0 up, Haaland hasn’t scored and Pep subs him for a rest… in the 59th minute.
On the other side you don't have to hide behind a pillow in the sofa if you have the chip for when most will play it, expecially if he should blank this GW.

Since that seed was planted, I've come to the conclusion that, well, yeah. TC on Haaland it is!

The arguments for it are simply too good to ignore:

- His minutes will not be as secure later in the season with cups and european football.
- We know he's fit.
- He's allways been starting seasons hot.
Haaland first 5 appearances in the league every season since he moved to Dortmund:
20/21: 5 goals and 2 assists
21/22: 7 goals and 4 assists
22/23: 9 goals and 1 assist
23/24: 7 goals and 1 assist
- Using the chip now will avoid blocking better chips in future doubles
- Ownership is most likely at its lowest right now.
- It's a fantastic fixture (Missing Rodri is the only con)

If he blanks, I will still think it was the right decision.

Last edited:
Think I overlooked him due to not playing as often as Bednarek or Harwood-Bayliss last season, but that was due to injury only. The big patch of missed games on here was because of that.

Not scored a goal since December 2019 so unlikely to do much there I suppose, but none of the other options are exactly Sergio Ramos levels of threat on set pieces.

It would just be down to if you might fancy Southampton to keep more clean sheets than Ipswich or Leicester for the most part and none of them are likely to keep many.
Phew thanks, worried I'd cocked up. He's a fifth df so won't be playing much.

I do love to hear these success stories from posters who didn't even pretend to take part in the thrashing through options month or so before game week 1.
Weren't you one of good guys around here?:)
THat is something what i would write. :lol:

Since that seed was planted, I've come to the conclusion that, well, yeah. TC on Haaland it is!

The arguments for it is simply too good too ignore:

- His minutes will not be as secure later in the season with cups and european football.
- We know he's fit.
- He's allways been starting seasons hot.
Haaland first 5 appearances in the league every season since he moved to Dortmund:
20/21: 5 goals and 2 assists
21/22: 7 goals and 4 assists
22/23: 9 goals and 1 assist
23/24: 7 goals and 1 assist
- Using the chip now will avoid blocking better chips in future doubles
- Ownership is most likely at its lowest right now.
- It's a fantastic fixture (Missing Rodri is the only con)

If he blanks, I will still think it was the right decision.
You've certainly sold it to me! Although I'm gonna hold off hitting the button til Friday night just because.

All those talk about new bps, great attacking options etc....but when WC kicks in i will be tempted to go hard on defenders. Trent, Gvardiol, Saliba, Raya, Porro.....i can see all of them at 180+ points this year.
For now i have Taa and Joško but Raya and Porro are just damn good.

I didn't even know Barcode existed before this thread.
Now he's wasting a spot on my bench and is a wasted transfer. Thanks guys.