Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

I think I've changed my team like 5 times today :lol: Had Salah and Halaand but decided to remove Salah to pack up my midfield (removed ESR and Kamada with Bruno and Be Druyne)

Settling with this:

Arbeloa
Porro Quansah Dalot
Bruno Nkunku De Bruyne Gordon Jota
Halaand Isak

Bench: Archer Faes Bacon

Just saw that Archer transfered to Southampton so I hope he gets a starting spot there.

Tempted to drop Nkunku for ESR..

Would use the 1m (to get Porro) and then do Eze down to Nkunku if he pops off with Chelsea’s good fixtures.

Thoughts? I can see virtually everyone here has him.

I’ve decided to chose between Salah or Haaland as the season progresses. No regrets. Front 3 of Isak, Solanke, Havertz is sweet. Salah Bruno or Saka all very good captain choices on any given week and have kept TAA and some Utd players (onana and Martinez) to keep it interesting. The jigging is finally over. If Haaland bombs the next few weeks I’ll be flying it. Next weekend I still might transfer him in for Salah if he looks good and Ipswich get outclassed at home this weekend.

I have a feeling Doku is going to be the cheap player who explodes this season. He’s looked really good against us and with Alvarez gone yeah… keeping a close eye on him at Chelsea

Tempted to drop Nkunku for ESR..

Would use the 1m (to get Porro) and then do Eze down to Nkunku if he pops off with Chelsea’s good fixtures.

Thoughts? I can see virtually everyone here has him.

Yea he has over 30 percent selection I think, surprised because I'm not sure how good value he is at 7. I'd rather keep Nkunku than drop down to ESR.

Got a shit defence, a worse attack, tripled up on United like an absolute muppet and have kept 1m in the bank for no reason at all.

Let's have it :cool:

Ok, total changes in defence.... probably would want Bruno in there, but is he worth it over scrapping TAA?

Hendo (4m)
TAA, Saliba, Martinez, (2x4m)
Saka, Garnacho, Jota, Nkuno (Winks)
Haaland, Isak, Solanke

Is that scraping too far with 2 4m defs (albeit starters) and Winks?

Or best to Trim TAA down to either Gvardiol or Porro and pour the extra 1m or 1.5m into those 3x4m guys? Or even upgrade Winks by 1m?

I’ve decided to chose between Salah or Haaland as the season progresses. No regrets. Front 3 of Isak, Solanke, Havertz is sweet. Salah Bruno or Saka all very good captain choices on any given week and have kept TAA and some Utd players (onana and Martinez) to keep it interesting. The jigging is finally over. If Haaland bombs the next few weeks I’ll be flying it. Next weekend I still might transfer him in for Salah if he looks good and Ipswich get outclassed at home this weekend.

The thing about Salah v Haaland for me is that there is a good replacement for Salah in Jota, someone who is much cheaper but gets almost as many points per match. With that extra 5 in the back you can get some firepower in. For Haaland there isn't a replacement for the amount of goals he gets for City.

The question for Jota is whether he'll be a regular starter with Gakpo, Dias and Nunez also there to play in the front 3. Salah is a guaranteed starter and Liverpool have some way fixtures coming up. Jota should start the coming weeks but yea let's see what happens as the season goes on.

I switched to Isak now. Damn.....:)
Nice! Just dont be mad at me if it goes south, blame Mckenna
ph34r.png

Whys everyone gone Porro over Udogie by the way? With the lack on bonus the cheaper but just as attacking option seems better to me

Impact of Rodri being out on City assets?
And no love for Doku at 6.5m?

Impact of Rodri being out on City assets?
And no love for Doku at 6.5m?
Definitely no love for Doku. And the only City asset I have is Haaland so don’t care if they concede. Gvardiol is different this year cause they have ALL defenders fit and there will be rotation.

Whys everyone gone Porro over Udogie by the way? With the lack on bonus the cheaper but just as attacking option seems better to me

Because Porro had 3 goals and 8 assists and Udogie 2 & 3 last year presumably? Not as nailed / reliable as well?

I have a feeling Doku is going to be the cheap player who explodes this season. He’s looked really good against us and with Alvarez gone yeah… keeping a close eye on him at Chelsea

I had no Haaland at the start but just no way I could stick with that. It’s just mental to go into week 2 without Haaland at home to Ipswich. It’s easy to say transfer him in but that takes planning when he costs 15 million and no way I’m taking hits inside the first two weeks. He might flop against Ipswich but if he doesn’t anybody without him will be in massive trouble. Would rather play it safe to start the season than potentially chasing the pack this early.

Because Porro had 3 goals and 8 assists and Udogie 2 & 3 last year presumably? Not as nailed / reliable as well?

Porro benefitted from being on corners and free kicks last season when Maddison was injured. He will share those duties more this season so may see those numbers come down slightly in terms of assists.

The thing about Salah v Haaland for me is that there is a good replacement for Salah in Jota, someone who is much cheaper but gets almost as many points per match. With that extra 5 in the back you can get some firepower in. For Haaland there isn't a replacement for the amount of goals he gets for City.

The question for Jota is whether he'll be a regular starter with Gakpo, Dias and Nunez also there to play in the front 3. Salah is a guaranteed starter and Liverpool have some way fixtures coming up. Jota should start the coming weeks but yea let's see what happens as the season goes on.

if Jota is nailed over the next while then I’ll happily make the switch and change to haaland but for now and with city playing Chelsea it seems a good gw to see what it’s like not going with him

The fact that he is clearly agitating for a move worries me though. I think he is clearly their best left winger on form though. Final decision is him and a 4.0 bench or Rashford and a 4.5.
Got him in mine. Has he agitated other than saying his 3 favorite players were Barca players? (ronaldinho, messi, neymar)

Henderson (4.0)
Martinez TAA Hall Porro (Mykolenko)
Jota Rodgers Saka (Nkunku ESR)
Isak (C) Solanke Haaland

Thoughts?

Whys everyone gone Porro over Udogie by the way?
I don't understand why is everyone going for a Spurs defender. Spurs are unlikely to keep clean sheets. He is being expected to be a TAA.

Will understand why, after he gets a goal plus assist this GW :lol: :lol:

Got him in mine. Has he agitated other than saying his 3 favorite players were Barca players? (ronaldinho, messi, neymar)

Just seems there are agents working in the background. It was City a few days ago and now it’s Barcelona. That’s my concern, but I think he could go off against Ipswich.

TAA is worrying me tbh. I don't now if he's going to be used anywhere near as aggressively as he was by Klopp.

I had no Haaland at the start but just no way I could stick with that. It’s just mental to go into week 2 without Haaland at home to Ipswich. It’s easy to say transfer him in but that takes planning when he costs 15 million and no way I’m taking hits inside the first two weeks. He might flop against Ipswich but if he doesn’t anybody without him will be in massive trouble. Would rather play it safe to start the season than potentially chasing the pack this early.

I think Salah at home v Brentford is fine to cover it and If you’ve both you’re wasting a load of budget only being able to captain one of them.

I’m craving some West Ham…
I have a sneaky feeling that West Ham will do very well this season and a double or triple West Ham will be template after their tough fixture run. But maybe not now. There are so many other options to play with.

Just seems there are agents working in the background. It was City a few days ago and now it’s Barcelona. That’s my concern, but I think he could go off against Ipswich.
yeah thats the issue with all others than Salah really

Shove it, i think I'm putting my pen down with this now.

Hendo (Fabianski)
TAA, Saliba, Martinez (Johnson, Barco)
Saka, Jota, Nkunko, Garnacho (Winks)
Haaland, Isak (c), Solanke

Very chimpy bench but bar the keeper are still starters at least. And the lineup covers my aim of having 2 big defenders who can haul, superb front 3 and strong mid who could explode.

In an ideal scenario I'd have found room for Bruno, but Garnacho wasn't a million miles behind in points and could push on again.

Also gives me 2 United players which always feels good if we do well!!

Is Brennan Johnson expected to start? Or is Bailey a safer bet?

Are we certain that Sanchez will be the Chelsea keeper for the foreseeable?

At 4.5m and with all green games from week 2 to week 7 he might be better than Hendo of Palace, but I'd be running with a non playing 2nd keeper so don't want a risk!

Shove it, i think I'm putting my pen down with this now.

Hendo (Fabianski)
TAA, Saliba, Martinez (Johnson, Barco)
Saka, Jota, Nkunko, Garnacho (Winks)
Haaland, Isak (c), Solanke

Very chimpy bench but bar the keeper are still starters at least. And the lineup covers my aim of having 2 big defenders who can haul, superb front 3 and strong mid who could explode.

In an ideal scenario I'd have found room for Bruno, but Garnacho wasn't a million miles behind in points and could push on again.

Also gives me 2 United players which always feels good if we do well!!

You can’t go far wrong with this, to be fair. I can’t see a world where Nkunku and Garnacho don’t score more points than their price would dictate. And I also don’t see a world where United don’t improve defensively.

I thought about downgrading Solanke to Wood because I think he will do well, but I think any of Solanke/Mateta/Toney could do really well and I want to be able to get to them.

I also think Leicester will be shit and he could get off to a flier.

Fecking hell, now im ditching him. Id rather the rotating pair Bailey+Smith Rowe. Gives a wider bench too and wont have a headache over whether Diaz gets 45/70/90 minutes.

You can’t go far wrong with this, to be fair. I can’t see a world where Nkunku and Garnacho don’t score more points than their price would dictate. And I also don’t see a world where United don’t improve defensively.

I thought about downgrading Solanke to Wood because I think he will do well, but I think any of Solanke/Mateta/Toney could do really well and I want to be able to get to them.

I also think Leicester will be shit and he could get off to a flier.
Wood scored a surprisingly high amount last year and has great fixtures.
But I couldn't quite justify upgrading 3 chumps from 4m to 4.5m to sacrifice Solanke for him.

Wood scored a surprisingly high amount last year and has great fixtures.
But I couldn't quite justify upgrading 3 chumps from 4m to 4.5m to sacrifice Solanke for him.

I have decided on an extra 4,5 defender so final decision for me now is

Rashford and Solanke

or

Bruno and Wood.

It’s tight and all really depends on Rashford. At his very best, 7.0 is a joke of a price. At his worst, there are better 5.5s. He is the ultimate gamble.