Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Convince me this isn't as great as can be:

Henderson (Bentley)
Porro - Gabriel - Mykolenko (Robertson, Barco)
Son - Jota - Saka - Murphy (Winks)
Haaland - Isak - Wood

Only real question mark is Murphy, but he's been superb pre-season and have a brilliant fixture. Might swap him for Smith Rowe next weekend.

Very happy with it, let's gooo.

I will have him in my Team. I think he's worth a punt. Very low now in ownership due to his misses last week. Which means it only needs a goal or two at the beginning and his price could rice soon.

If he fails to perfom the first 2-3 GW's than he is an easy route to Garnashers, Nkunku, Baily.

But if he starts the season firing it will look a genius move.

Ah I missed the Charity Shield and then didn't bother catching the highlights after seeing the result, didn't realise he missed some sitters!

To be honest I should have learned by now the amount of times I've been burned by putting hope in Bruno and Rashford, but picking them on lean spells thus making watching us even more frustrating in recent years...every time I get rid I vow to never pick a Utd player in fantasy football again, yet here I am, back again, hope springs eternal, 3 Utd players in my draft :lol:

@golden_blunder Are you involving yourself in any Fantasy League this year. I like to gauge how poor I am, against you.

BTW @VeevaVee runs a smaller league which I think predates the bigger Redcafe one - Joining code is wy66gc if anyone wants in.
:lol: Nah Baz haven’t played in a couple of years. I find it too time dependent. Couldn’t be arsed / too lazy

Ah I missed the Charity Shield and then didn't bother catching the highlights after seeing the result, didn't realise he missed some sitters!

To be honest I should have learned by now the amount of times I've been burned by putting hope in Bruno and Rashford, but picking them on lean spells thus making watching us even more frustrating in recent years...every time I get rid I vow to never pick a Utd player in fantasy football again, yet here I am, back again, hope springs eternal, 3 Utd players in my draft :lol:
Haha I'm exactly the same but this time it's only Rashford in my Team. (Might switch Hall or Mykolenko to Mazraoui if early Team News claim that he is starting today).

Pope (Areola)
White Quansah Gvardiol (Andersen Barco)
Son (c) Saka Bruno Jota (Amad)
Solanke Isak Havertz

I put Havertz in for Watkins as he's not played much preseason.

Am I mad going Salaandless?

Raya
Saliba TAA Andersen
Jota Eze Saka Gordon
Solanke Watkins Isak

How is it looking? I feel like there are so many I'm missing out on and keep changing my mind. What changes should I make, FPL gods?

Onana, Henderson
Gvardiol, Myolenko, Pedro Porro, Saliba, Harwood-Bellis
Palmer, Ganarcho, Rodgers, Salah, Odegaard
Havertz, Cunha, Muniz

How does this look? Not done fantasy football in near a decade.
Anyone remember doing it from the sun newspaper years ago where they used to update the scores and show the lesderboards once a week?

I have this unshakeable urge to get rid of Haaland which I need to somehow resist for the rest of the day.

Flekken
Quansah Porro Konsa
Salah Bruno Odegaard CHO
Haaland Isak Muniz

Shit on bench

Foden probably won't start, so I'd put in Palmer there (also a risk)
Yeah I decided having both of them from the start was a bit daft actually, especially when they play each other first. So removed them for Salah and Amad ( I think he'll start tonight and we'll win). I'll check the fixtures and try and bring one of them in later. Maybe when Liverpool have a bad run of fixtures.

Feck it. Back on Bruno and Murphy over Nacho and Gordon. Went back and checked and Murphy was starting every game for Newcastle at the end of last season so clearly first choice. Add that to the form he's in pre season and he's in. Bruno is Bruno and we might get a new contract bounce from him. Not to mention a pen. 99% locked on this...

Henderson (£4m)
Gabriel Quansah Hall (Robinson) (Johnson)
Son Bruno Jota Murphy (Bergvall)
Haaland Isak Havertz

with £0.5m in the pot still. Don't really see where to use it other than improving the bench.

It’s 50/50 whether any decision made in last few days and hours will be better for your team. After hours of deliberation, if there’s no obvious issues, step away… read a book, go for a walk, mow the lawn and save yourself the stress :)

It’ll be fine, proper football in about eight hours.

Spoken like Buddha himself.

Having cold feet over ESR and Solanke now. Mainly about minutes, especially for ESR.

New draft:

Henderson
Gabriel, Gvardiol, Porro
Saka, Jota, Nkunku, Garnacho
Muniz, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Ward, Minteh, Mykolenko, Harwood-Bellis

My worry is that midfield. I can see Jota being taken off early and Nkunku getting injured whilst Garnacho has minutes managed and next thing you know... WC :lol:

I can drop Gabriel to Quansah to upgrade Garnacho to Bruno but I'll be £0.5m short. The only way I can get that is by dropping Mykolenko to Faes but I feel having a half decent bench is quite useful.

Edit: Or I can do Minteh down to Rogers but I'm not too familiar with Rogers... Is he a starter? Will he be a useful sub?

I'm settling on this and not changing now:

Flekken
Mazraoui - Saliba - Pedro Porro
Salah - Palmer - Bruno - Garnacho
Solanke - Havertz - Isak

Slicker, Hall, Davis, Bergvall

First ever time playing FPL. I know almost nothing about it. :lol: If anyone wants to tell me how dumb this team is, I wouldn't mind hearing a few tips.

yl0zxWi.jpeg

First ever time playing FPL. I know almost nothing about it. :lol: If anyone wants to tell me how dumb this team is, I wouldn't mind hearing a few tips.

yl0zxWi.jpeg
Geuhi won't play most likely as he's at the centre of a transfer tussle. Onana and Wharton could do with being attacking players.

yl0zxWi.jpeg
Not sure about Livramentos minutes.

Onana/Wharton may not be the type of player who’s good for FPL? For midfielders, got to think assists and goals, not “real life” value to their clubs.

Otherwise, all good. Will differ from others but just opinions. Good luck.

Just realised Fabio Carvalho hasn't played for Brentford yet so had to take him out. Means I'm back to Amad unless I want to change other parts of my team, but I'm worried on his minutes

Just realised Fabio Carvalho hasn't played for Brentford yet so had to take him out. Means I'm back to Amad unless I want to change other parts of my team, but I'm worried on his minutes

I think Amad will start but potential to be subbed. Hopefully he grabs points with goals/assists.

Ugh... I think this will be my final decision as I'm out and about most of today after this:

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Saka, Nkunku, Jota, Garnacho
Haaland, Isak, Solanke

Subs: Ward, ESR, Mykolenko, Harwood

Or:

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Saka, Nkunku, Jota, Bruno
Haaland, Isak, Muniz

Subs: Ward, Rogers, Mykolenko, Harwood

I will owe a big one to anyone with good last minute advice. Thank you in advance.

yl0zxWi.jpeg
You have at least one million on the bench what you can onvest elsewhere. Especially in Onana. What do you expect from him? Goals and assists?

Haaland over 50 % now. Meh. Shame FOMO caught up with so many in the end. Wanted him to remain a differential.

Ugh... I think this will be my final decision as I'm out and about most of today after this:

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Haaland, Isak, Solanke

Or:

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Haaland, Isak, Muniz

I will owe a big one to anyone with good last minute advice. Thank you in advance.
I would (and i did that) downgrade bench and put Solanke in that B team.
But that is me....

Haaland over 50 % now. Meh. Shame FOMO caught up with so many in the end. Wanted him to remain a differential.
Fomo?

I am glad that Haaland is on 50%. Salah is becoming bigger differential.

Last edited:
Final team I'm going with, no Haaland:

Onana
Pedro Porro, Saliba, Trippier
Bruno, Foden, Saka, Kudus
Isak, Solanke, Havertz

Bench:
Turner, Barco, Mykolenko, Nkunku

Might switch Mykolenko for Mazraoui, not sure yet.

I am so pissed that i can't afford him. He will be so big differential first few games (after which everybody will jump on his train).
What does your team look like? this is mine

Raya
Saliba - Van de ven - Walker - Andersen
Saka - Palmer -KDB - Eze
Watkins - Isak

Bench: Neto, Andreas, Barco, Maupay​

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Haaland, Isak, Solanke

Or:

Henderson
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah
Haaland, Isak, Muniz

Oh heck my lineup is almost identical to your first one..that generally never ends well does it!!
I've just got Saliba instead of your Gvardo and currently have De Ligt and Sanchez as a rotation keeper with Hendo

Geuhi won't play most likely as he's at the centre of a transfer tussle. Onana and Wharton could do with being attacking players.
Not sure about Livramentos minutes.

Onana/Wharton may not be the type of player who’s good for FPL? For midfielders, got to think assists and goals, not “real life” value to their clubs.

Otherwise, all good. Will differ from others but just opinions. Good luck.
You have at least one million on the bench what you can onvest elsewhere. Especially in Onana. What do you expect from him? Goals and assists?

Thanks, I'll be making some adjustments!

Oh heck my lineup is almost identical to your first one..that generally never ends well does it!!
I've just got Saliba instead of your Gvardo and currently have De Ligt and Sanchez as a rotation keeper with Hendo
Let's ride or die together again