Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

I'm now having cold feet about João Pedro over Solanke... And also not having Jota for the start at least.

I think the Pedro pick is done after Brighton got their new guy. Maybe Minteh if you absolutely want Brighton coverage and really believe in them but I'd say guys like Muniz, Armstrong etc. in the 5.5 - 6.0 price bracket. Or just go for Solanke and be done with it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/c9v8y4gxkxlo

(b) is basically my side. I'm kinda liking your depth. I really wanted Trent so I got him + Porro and that extra 1m means no midfield / defensive depth for me. I wish I could squeeze ESR in somehow.

I'm now having cold feet about João Pedro over Solanke... And also not having Jota for the start at least.

Henderson
TAA, Gvardiol, Porro
Eze, Garnacho, Saka, Nkunku
João Pedro, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Ward, ESR, Mykolenko, Faes

Or:

Henderson
Quansah, Gvardiol, Porro
Jota, Garnacho, Saka, Nkunku
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Ward, ESR, Mykolenko, Faes

Any help would go a long way... Thank you.
They also have Welbeck who is fit plus they got 2 more attackers. I don’t think Pedro is as nailed as people think he is. On top of all this their fixtures aren’t the best to begin with. It’s a wait and see game with Brighton.

Just messing around swapping things about now. Trying a Salah-less draft I've got to...

Pope
Konsa Porro Mykolenko
Odegaard Nkunku Fernandes Mbuemo
Haaland Isak Solanke

Turner Davis Harwood-Bellis Gibbs-White

Quite like the fact of having a guaranteed starter on the bench in case of injuries or selection issues. Most weeks it would probably be Mbuemo on the bench as Gibbs-White is the more solid starter

I think you will get more out of a 10 million over Odegaard, than you would a 6,5 bench option. Quite a few nice 5,5s like Diaz, ESR, Kamada or Mintah that could sit on your bench and allow you to have Saka/Son playing every week.

I think you will get more out of a 10 million over Odegaard, than you would a 6,5 bench option. Quite a few nice 5,5s like Diaz, ESR, Kamada or Mintah that could sit on your bench and allow you to have Saka/Son playing every week.
Odegaard is a lock for me, think Arsenal will be great this season, and he's the orchestrator for all of it. I'm pretty sure on most of the team, but its basically Salah or Fernandes and slight upgraddes with going for Fernandes. I've currently got about 6 drafts and will likely just pick one at random before deadline tomorrow

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Salah - KDB - Bruno - Nkunku
Watkins - Isak - Solanke

Or

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Salah - KdB - Son - Eze - Nkunku
Watkins - Isak

Son and Eze vs Bruno and Solanke? With Bruno and Solanke I can afford to have Smith Rowe of the bench while the 2nd option has Barco as my first bench option.

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @Canuckred64
Solanke at 7.5m playing for a better team could be must have territory, so I'd probably go with him and Bruno to be honest.

But like Dirty says, Haaland could be a huge miss those weeks he thunders big hauls.

Who do we think starts with Salah for Liverpool? Haven't followed their pre season at all.

Can we get away with Jota or Diaz to cover Salah?

Team locked:
Henderson
Hall Saliba Mykolenko
Salah Rogers Jota Rashford
Solanke Haaland Isak

4.0, ESR, Barco, Harwood-Bellis

Missing out on Arsenal offense for two homegames but I just think Salah is a must have until GW5 and an easy route to Foden, Saka, KDB after GW5.

Last edited:
You’ll probably leave a lot of points behind spending 38,5M on your defence. 6M more than me and around 5M more than most managers. That´s a lot of money not spent on players who are more likely to return for you. I’d at least downgrade one of the premium defenders to a 4,0, and upgrade the midfield a bit. In stead of playing a NFO center back and benching Gvards, you could upgrade ESR to Gordon or Eze …. or Doku/Bailey to Bruno/Ode. Do you think Murillo will outscore those four suggestions?
Yeah I'm toying around a bit at the moment. It's either two Arsenal-defenders and try and wildcard early or Trent+Gvardiol+4.5. I'd ultimately just try and go a bit off template but with good players.

Out of curiosity, why is it that you and others (@CassiusClaymore ?) believe that many expensive defenders / big at the back is not a good option?

Last year:
White (6.5): 182 points
Gordon (7.5) - 183 points

That's just one example, but you could do the same for Gabriel (149 points) and a 6.5 midfielder like Bailey (148 points) and many others. I'll be captaining Haaland anyways for almost every week.

From what I understand, the new rule-system with bonuspoints hasn't changed radically? Or what exactly has changed since some defenders will get less bonuspoints?

Not many have Arsenal duo of Gabriel or Saliba? They have both scored headed goals in pre-season and look good at set pieces. I am confused about taking one of them or Gvardiol

Also, not much love for Wood with the kind of fixtures they have? Confused between keeping Wood or going for Muniz

I locked mine in a day or two ago. Too much last minute tinkering usually makes me make stupid decisions!

Ooo dilemma. I feel I'm really close now.

Porro & Garnacho vs. De Ligt & Eze.

I'm a bit weary about Porro. If Spurs keep conceding, he will hardly get bps even if he scores.

Finally settled on:

Henderson
Gvardiol Porro Dalot
Jota Saka Garnacho Johnson Gordon
Haaland Ishak (c)

I think I'm missing something as I don't see a lot many people going for Watkins, he was the top scoring forward last season and has generally looked good.

My team

Pickford
White Mykolenko Porro
Palmer Odegaard Bruno Foden
Havertz Watkins Solanke

Haaland was an obvious choice but Watkins can do the job and I save 6m using which I can play much more scoring midfielders.

I'm a bit weary about Porro. If Spurs keep conceding, he will hardly get bps even if he scores.

Yeah same. I'm also worried about Garnacho not starting. Thinking about taking that £1m from Porro and putting into turning him into Bruno for safety of mins at least. Already got Jota as an xmins risk in my team so don't want too many. Alternatively I could get a cheaper defender in, drastically improve my bench by turning Winks into Rogers and keeping £0.5m spare. I haven't once looked at a Haaland'less draft either and maybe I should.

I think I'm missing something as I don't see a lot many people going for Watkins, he was the top scoring forward last season and has generally looked good.

My team

Pickford
White Mykolenko Porro
Havertz Watkins Solanke

Haaland was an obvious choice but Watkins can do the job and I save 6m using which I can play much more scoring midfielders.

This for example looked really strong and I was wondering how you got all those players in before I realised you didn't have Haaland.

My team

Pickford
White Mykolenko Porro
Havertz Watkins Solanke

For me it's a number of factors:
- Haaland was injured/rotated a bit with Alvarez last season, so his PPG was higher than Watkins and at the moment he is fit
- With Alvarez gone he will be rotated less
- I think Villa overachieved last season (whether this is true or not we'll see!)
- Other teams are likely to be more defensive against Villa due to them playing so well last season, so I'm expecting Watkins to score less.

Albeit I didn't realise he also got 18 FPL assists on top of his 19 goals!

If they didn't have two away games to start either side of Arsenal then I would be considering him over Isak, might be a switch after GW3.

Unrelated, but please someone talk sense into me over going Chris Wood as my 3rd forward... Really don't like him but he seemed to be banging them in at the end of last season so had the best PPG for 6.0m strikers and has an easy start on paper! Although Awoniyi is back which might mean he's rotated more.

I don't like the first combo as you might want to use 2 transfers to get rid of them both in GW3, but not a fan of the next neither because the incertainty of De Ligt starting.

Bailey, Nkunku and Mitoma are more exciting for me. A bit of a shame FFScout has picked Mitoma in their squad though, I thought I had something differential on my hand. Up against Ashley Young and then United's defence which will of course be terrible again this year with Casemiro on perma-holiday in midfield.

Who got more than 17 non penalty goals last season in the PL?
He got exactly 17 non penalty goals last season in the PL (not more)
Like I said, he turns 27 next month and just had his first decent season in the PL and there is a massive hype around him.

Let me explain why I think he's overrated and doesn't deserve (all) the hype:

GW12-18 last season he had a purple patch in the PL (an overperformance over a short period that stand massively out from the rest of his career):
7 games (630 minutes), 8 goals (1 pen) 0 assists. 1 non penalty goal per 90 minutes.
He got these returns from 5,90npxG (0,84npxG/90) and 0,48xA (0,07xA/90)
So 7 non penalty goals from 5,90npxG - a slight overperformance of his npxG.

Since then (GW19 -38)
20 games (1728 minutes), 7 goals (1 pen and also missed a pen) and 2 assists.
He got these returns from 8,41 npxG and 2,55 xA (0,13xA/90)
So 6 non penalty goals from 8,41 npxG - in line with his usual underperformance of accumulated npxG.

His whole PL career minus those 7 games in November/December 2023:
127 games (8081 minutes), 21 goals (1 pen scored + 1 pen missed) and 13 assists. 0,22 non penalty goals and 0,14 assists per 90 minutes (total 0,36 goals + assists per 90 minutes)
He got these returns from 33,73 npxG and 11,44 xA
So 20 non penalty goals from 33,73 npxG - A massive underperformance.

Over his PL career he's averaged 0,39 npxG/90 (including his purple patch) and has scored 0,28 npG/90
His CV just shows that he's been a very impotent striker in the PL with the exception of 7 games last season up until now in his career.

Richarlison in back in training, Kulu had a great preseason and they will share minutes. I'm not saying that he will flop, he'll probably tick along just fine, but don't expect him to get these explosive numbers or be a 90 minute man every week.

My team seems decent to me and that's always a worry haha. Any advice?

Ederson

Porro Trent Dias

Foden Bruno Szoboszlai Kudus

Joao Pedro solanke isak

Subs : Flekken palmer Anderson digne
Foden probably won't start, so I'd put in Palmer there (also a risk)

Been dying of toothache the past couple of days, haven't even done a 1st draft yet. Going to end up ultra template, can't really concentrate on putting togehter much else.

Currently settled on this:

Pope
Porro-Gvardiol-Arnold
Mitoma-Gordon-Bailey-Luis Diaz
Solanke-Haaland-Isak(C)

Bench: Lis (gk) - Smith-Rowe, Greaves, Stephens

Doubts:
- Mostly how to replace Porro and Solanke around gw3. Mitoma over Doku currently, I'm just not sure Doku will get enough minutes besides this GW1.
- Nkunku or Neto will cost me a transfer either in gw2 or gw3. It'll probably be Mitoma or Bailey who goes out then.
- The team isn't that differential.

Draft 42,387. Finally decided to throw in Haaland and Salah, will probably go 343 most game weeks.

Flekken
Porro Konsah Saliba
Bruno Salah Gordon Amad
Solanke Haaland Muniz.

Subs: Valdimarson, Barco, Andersen, Yarmoliuk

Anyone else considering Rashford? Especially with Hojlund out. Could be a steal, or could just make him even more frustrating to watch.

Yeah same. I'm gonna find a way to turn Garnacho into him.

Good luck! I’ve tried to do this myself with multiple variations to no avail. You just can’t do it without getting rid of one of the big hitters like Isak or one of the 10m midfielders. This is on the basis you’ve got Haaland in your team of course.

Good luck! I’ve tried to do this myself with multiple variations to no avail. You just can’t do it without getting rid of one of the big hitters like Isak or one of the 10m midfielders. This is on the basis you’ve got Haaland in your team of course.

Gordon and Garnacho or Bruno and Murphy is how I can do it. I've also got Isak, Son and Haaland.

Once I've decided that I need to sort my defence out with the remaining £32.5m

@golden_blunder Are you involving yourself in any Fantasy League this year. I like to gauge how poor I am, against you.

BTW @VeevaVee runs a smaller league which I think predates the bigger Redcafe one - Joining code is wy66gc if anyone wants in.

Anyone else considering Rashford? Especially with Hojlund out. Could be a steal, or could just make him even more frustrating to watch.
I will have him in my Team. I think he's worth a punt. Very low now in ownership due to his misses last week. Which means it only needs a goal or two at the beginning and his price could rice soon.

If he fails to perfom the first 2-3 GW's than he is an easy route to Garnashers, Nkunku, Baily.

But if he starts the season firing it will look a genius move.

I wish I hadn’t gotten into this. I have tinkered back & forth with my team, which is now:

Flekken
TAA Quansah Pedro Porro
Rashford Kulusevski Son Salah Bruno
Jesus Havertz

I doubt this will be my team come 7.30PM tonight though.