TAA - Aina - Hall
Salah - KDB - Bruno - Nkunku
Watkins - Isak - Solanke

Or

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Salah - KdB - Son - Eze - Nkunku
Watkins - Isak

Son and Eze vs Bruno and Solanke? With Bruno and Solanke I can afford to have Smith Rowe of the bench while the 2nd option has Barco as my first bench option.

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @Canuckred64
I think the first option. Solanke should be even better this year with Spurs and I am not sure how Eze will do without Olise to team up with.

There are public head to head leagues you can join. Go to the League and Cup section and look at Public Leagues, they will randomly select one for you.
Thanks I know, it’s just that we have HtH leagues too with few other groups of friends I played and I wondered if the Caf league had one as well! HtH it’s a bit bullshit but if there’s many people in the league the latter stages can be exciting haha

Thanks I know, it’s just that we have HtH leagues too with few other groups of friends I played and I wondered if the Caf league had one as well! HtH it’s a bit bullshit but if there’s many people in the league the latter stages can be exciting haha
There used to be a H to H league for redcafe and for the regular league as well, but for some reason they weren't renewed this year. At the moment I am not in any redcafe leagues after being in leagues on this site for more than 15 years. Does anyone know if redcafe has leagues?

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Watkins - Isak - Solanke

Or

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Watkins - Isak

Son and Eze vs Bruno and Solanke? With Bruno and Solanke I can afford to have Smith Rowe of the bench while the 2nd option has Barco as my first bench option.

@BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco @Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @Canuckred64

I like the first one because I think that 7,5 mil striker option will have someone that pops off, like Mateta, Toney, Solanke, or even Darwin. It’s a nice price point to have.

I also think Bruno is a nice differential. I love Son for the first two and am tempted by it myself but he is a transfer after that, for me. I don’t fancy him for Newcastle or Arsenal.

Bruno, I would still happily play against Liverpool.

Feck me. Completely switched it again.

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Saka - Son - Nkunku - Eze - ESR
Haaland - Isak

Or

Henderson
Quansah - Aina - Hall
Saka - Son - Nkunku - Bruno - ESR
Haaland - Isak

Ok now I've gone:

Flekken
Mazraoui - Saliba - Porro - Hall
Salah - Gordon - Garnacho
Solanke - Havertz - Isak

Slicker, Palmer, Davis, ESR

I would never be benching Cold Palmer. He could easily get a return in any game. Surely he has to start ahead of a 4.5 def??

I would never be benching Cold Palmer. He could easily get a return in any game. Surely he has to start ahead of a 4.5 def??
City though, and he may not start after playing the Euros.

City though, and he may not start after playing the Euros.

I would still be risking him over a 4,5 defender in any game, especially at home. All it takes is a dodgy pen. 4,5s probably need 100 minutes without conceding. He is definitely worth the gamble over one of them.

Think I’m now between Quansah and Salah or TAA and Saka

Flekken
TAA Munoz Saliba
Saka Eze Jota Nkunku
Haaland Wood Isak

Ok now I've gone:

Flekken
Mazraoui - Saliba - Porro - Hall
Salah - Gordon - Garnacho
Solanke - Havertz - Isak

Slicker, Palmer, Davis, ESR
Think you would be better off with Saka and benching Mazraoui, than having palmer and benching him.

There used to be a H to H league for redcafe and for the regular league as well, but for some reason they weren't renewed this year. At the moment I am not in any redcafe leagues after being in leagues on this site for more than 15 years. Does anyone know if redcafe has leagues?
Shit you're right, the Caf league has not renewed yet. Can we try to do this ahead of tomorrow? Many leagues that I know had issues this year, FPL towers fecked up

Shit you're right, the Caf league has not renewed yet. Can we try to do this ahead of tomorrow? Many leagues that I know had issues this year, FPL towers fecked up
Perhaps whoever started the redcafe leagues are no longer playing the game and didn't renew the leagues. Can the mods help with this? Or do we just start up a new league

Today's draft.

Flekken
Saliba Gvardiol Mykolenko
Bruno Palmer Saka Doku
Isak Havertz Solanke

Subs: Valdimarson, Andersen, Barco, Amad.

2m in the bank, so I can potentially upgrade the Mykolenko or Havertz / Doku.

Right we reached that point in tinkering where most of the side is locked. Decided on Haaland and no Salah.

Henderson, Vladimarson, Trent, Faes, Winks, Nkunku, Jota, Saka, Isak, Haaland, Barco and Mazraoui are a lock (12/15)

Really want both Solanke and Bruno but it seems impossible. What would you pick?

Solanke - Doku (or another 6.5) - Gvardiol
Solanke - Eze - Porto
Joao Pedro - Bruno - Porro

IDwl4z2.png

Last edited:
Think I’m now between Quansah and Salah or TAA and Saka

Flekken
TAA Munoz Saliba
Saka Eze Jota Nkunku
Haaland Wood Isak

This is really similar to mine but I've gone a tad cheaper than TAA&Eze so I could get Salah in.

I much prefer option 2. My suggestion is to downgrade Doku and use that money to improve your defense a bit.
Thanks, I prefer 2 too..

I actually rate Doku (even if he plays for City)… nippy, keeps going and draws fouls which helps under new BPS rules. Doesn’t moan much either so no idea why Pep likes him. Will have a think, ta

Right we reached that point in tinkering where most of the side is locked. Decided on Haaland and no Salah.

Henderson, Vladimarson, Trent, Faes, Winks, Nkunku, Jota, Saka, Isak, Haaland, Barco and Mazraoui are a lock (12/15)

Really want both Solanke and Bruno but it seems impossible. What would you pick?

Solanke - Doku (or another 6.5) - Gvardiol
Solanke - Eze - Porto
Joao Pedro - Bruno - Porro

IDwl4z2.png

Solanke, Garnacho and Gvardiol IMO.

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Watkins - Isak - Solanke

Or

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Watkins - Isak

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Haaland - Isak

Or

Henderson
Quansah - Aina - Hall
Haaland - Isak

@Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Dirty scared me too much with all the Haaland talk so you’ve convinced me mate.

Henderson
TAA - Aina - Hall
Haaland - Isak

Or

Henderson
Quansah - Aina - Hall
Haaland - Isak

@Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson

Dirty scared me too much with all the Haaland talk so you’ve convinced me mate.
Mate don't listen to me, Haaland could get sent off on GW1 :lol:

But from those, v1 is much better for me.

Solanke, Garnacho and Gvardiol IMO.

Will Garnacho start? Maybe eventually switch to Garnacho + Gvardiol after the first two to see if Porro returns.

May be it's my bias but I think Amad, Rashford locked on the wings for GW1 atleast.

Am I the only one with Amad in their team?

Only £5m, very likely to start, looking dangerous for a top 6 club... Surely great value, but I'm not seeing him in any drafts. Is it just because he's likely to get subbed?

Only £5m, very likely to start, looking dangerous for a top 6 club... Surely great value, but I'm not seeing him in any drafts. Is it just because he's likely to get subbed?
I'm just very wary of how many minutes he'll be getting. In the back of my mind, but gonna wait and see how the season starts.

Still kicking my keepers around, have 9.0 to spend. I think at one point I have had every imaginable pair. Right know I am on
Onana/Fabianski.

But have considered

Pope/Fabianski
Henderson/Sels
Sanchez/Jorgensen
Pickford/Virginia

There are also two keepers from the same team for 8.5

Areola/Fabianski
Henderson/Matthew's
Flekken/Valdimarrsson

What have people done regards keepers.

I have had him in some drafts, but today which I hope is finalized other than my keepers, I went with Carvalho because I believe he will get more startscand time played with Brentford than Amad with us.

Hi all, getting set for another year of FPL but deliberately avoiding this thread and anything that could influence my thinking to start with. Don't want to end up template so will be going with my gut and hopefully a couple of differentials in there to climb the ranks early on and then try to sustain it.

I had a perfect team with Salah and no Haaland.

But the spike in Haaland ownership has scared me into changing. Haaland is scary because he can haul at any time. But I can't help but feel there's a bandwagon with him. Gw2 is earmarked as the big Haaland haul but Salah himself faces Brentford at home on that gameweek.

There's also now bonus points for shots on target, and salah will be more of a shot junkie in my opinion. I guess jota being able to cover salah helps people in justifying Haaland, but it's still 2.5m more.

Screenshot-2024-08-16-054946.png
Screenshot-2024-08-16-054946.png

Bench is Virginia, Smith-Rowe, Faes and Harwood-Bellis?

Thoughts?

My concerns are primarily on not having one of Foden or Palmer and not enough Arsenal.

Is having Isak enough to leave out them two or should I get a cheaper striker? Not sure where the value is with strikers in the 6.5m range.

I had a perfect team with Salah and no Haaland.

But the spike in Haaland ownership has scared me into changing. Haaland is scary because he can haul at any time. But I can't help but feel there's a bandwagon with him. Gw2 is earmarked as the big Haaland haul but Salah himself faces Brentford at home on that gameweek.

There's also now bonus points for shots on target, and salah will be more of a shot junkie in my opinion. I guess jota being able to cover salah helps people in justifying Haaland, but it's still 2.5m more.
Go for Salah… comes off and you’ll not only do well, but do well against A LOT of teams

Starting to doubt having both Salah and Haaland. If I'm dropping either it'll be Salah, but Ipswich GW1 is making me want to keep him. Can always get out of him after a few weeks due to the transfers stacking up now