Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Ah. Yeah that's what I've tended to do in the past but I guess the back-up could drop in price?

I would assume the vast majority of people who have Virginia are Pickford owners so I wouldn't worry about price drops unless a viable £4m starter GK emerges and it doesn't look like there is one at the moment.

I would assume the vast majority of people who have Virginia are Pickford owners so I wouldn't worry about price drops unless a viable £4m starter GK emerges and it doesn't look like there is one at the moment.
I've gone for Slicker as it seems he's going on loan to the Scottish Prem which would lock him at 4.0

Is Porro worth it do we reckon? 5.5 is in the pricier range and they've got Newcastle away GW3 followed by Arsenal.

Raya (Virginia)
Porro -- Quansah -- Hall (Barco, Robinson)
Saka -- Jota -- Mbeumo -- Nkunku (Smith-Rowe)
Haaland -- Isak (c) -- Solanke

Was settled but starting to have doubts.
Sort of dont mind wildcarding after about 4 weeks. Theres a lot unknown with players coming back late from the Euros.

GK:
Arsenal dont have great fixtures in the first 5, Brighton and also Villa, Spurs and City away. Clean sheets might not be great there. Some coverage with Raya.
I know Palace had a good record last season but i can see them shipping goals the first couple. I didnt have much luck with keepers last season Raya might be a good set and forget.
The best looking fixtures from a clean sheet perspective look like Forest or Liverpool.

DEF:
Porro
is good for attacking. Quansah and Hall have decent fixtures though feel like transfers out waiting to happen.
Barco should play regularly and is on some set-pieces. Robinson can come in from GW2, has good fixtures and is attacking.
Im not too bothered about Arsenal defence yet though feels like im missing a Gvardiol, who has good fixtures 2-4.

MID:
Jota
will start the season up front, Saka is Saka. Mbeumo has good PL record, good in pre-season and has Palace and Southampton home in first 3, might be on penalties.
Nkunku, God knows with Chelsea. Other considerations are Bailey/Minteh, or Eze but would need to find £0.5m for him.
Also Gordon for midfield but dont know if he'll start the season, only played 60 minutes in pre-season.
Smith-Rowe can come in 2nd game for Mbeumo who has Liverpool away.

STR:
Haaland
is a lock. Full summer off. If he scores 1-2 v Chelsea the panic will set in for those who dont have him IMO. Ipswich (h), West Ham (a), Brentford (h) after that.
Fine with Isak.
I like Solanke, he should start the season but could be downgraded for a Chris Woods/DCL/Muniz to give me £1.5m elsewhere.

Thoughts anyone?

Not seeing much Palmer. I had him as a bit of a lock in mine.

Bloody hell, can't settle on the team at all, help please.

A)
Henderson
Gvardiol, Quansah, Porro
Saka, Bruno, ESR, Luis Diaz
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Konsa, Winks, Barco

B)
Henderson
Gvardiol, Quansah, Porro
Odegaard, Bruno, Eze, Luis Diaz
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Mazraoui, Winks, Barco

C)
Henderson
Gvardiol, Quansah, Porro
Saka, Bruno, Szoboszlai, Bailey/Kudus/Nkunku
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Mazraoui, Winks, Barco

Will replace Henderson with a Chelsea GK after GW1. Is Lavia going to start for Chelsea?

Last edited:
Raya (Virginia)

Sort of dont mind wildcarding after about 4 weeks. Theres a lot unknown with players coming back late from the Euros.

GK:
Arsenal dont have great fixtures in the first 5, Brighton and also Villa, Spurs and City away. Clean sheets might not be great there. Some coverage with Raya.
I know Palace had a good record last season but i can see them shipping goals the first couple. I didnt have much luck with keepers last season Raya might be a good set and forget.
The best looking fixtures from a clean sheet perspective look like Forest or Liverpool.

DEF:
Porro
is good for attacking. Quansah and Hall have decent fixtures though feel like transfers out waiting to happen.
Barco should play regularly and is on some set-pieces. Robinson can come in from GW2, has good fixtures and is attacking.
Im not too bothered about Arsenal defence yet though feels like im missing a Gvardiol, who has good fixtures 2-4.

MID:
Jota
will start the season up front, Saka is Saka. Mbeumo has good PL record, good in pre-season and has Palace and Southampton home in first 3, might be on penalties.
Nkunku, God knows with Chelsea. Other considerations are Bailey/Minteh, or Eze but would need to find £0.5m for him.
Also Gordon for midfield but dont know if he'll start the season, only played 60 minutes in pre-season.

STR:
Haaland
is a lock. Full summer off. If he scores 1-2 v Chelsea the panic will set in for those who dont have him IMO. Ipswich (h), West Ham (a), Brentford (h) after that.
Fine with Isak.
I like Solanke, he should start the season but could be downgraded for a Chris Woods/DCL/Muniz to give me £1.5m elsewhere.

Thoughts anyone?
Looks good.
Going with the cheapest way into the Arsenal defense is ok I guess, even though I think Arsenals fixtures are among the tougher the first 5. (Villa, Spurs and City all away).
Another option would be to go for a 4,5 GK (Hendo, Sels or Flekken), downgrade Mbeumo (who I think is slightly overpriced) to Bailey (...or Mitoma, Garnacho, Doku, Silva, Kudus...) and upgrade Hall or Robinson to Gvards/Saliba/Gabriel.
I also think Solanke is massively overrated, but that's just my very subjective opinion.

Not seeing much Palmer. I had him as a bit of a lock in mine.
Palmer is fantastic. A lot of people think he only scored pens but look at his stats, they're really fecking good.

But...

He's 0.5 more than Saka and Son, that extra bit of money is really useful to have. There's also an unknown quality about Chelsea, no one truly knows how they'll line up or play. With Nkunku fit, how will that affect Palmer?

I had him at the start but just didn't make sense to keep him.

I bet he'll smash it though.

Raya (Virginia)

GK:

DEF:
Porro

MID:
Jota

STR:
Haaland
Fine with Isak.

Thoughts anyone?

I like a lot of this - think Robinson is a savvy inclusion and Quansah is a good way to access Liverpool defence, although I could see them shitting the bed a bit in the closing weeks of the window so avoiding for now.

I'm not sure if Solanke will start personally so am opting for Pedro to begin with along Haaland and Isak. When Watkins and Solanke get up to speed, I may bring them in for Haaland which could open up having a Saka + Palmer midfield.

I mean he's (Palmer) the most selected midfielder currently (> 40%) so don't go by what you read on here.

I think for once they've done a great job of pricing this year so you can't have a midfield of Saka, Son, Salah and Palmer as well as Haaland up top. At least 2 of those players have to be sacrificed for a balanced squad. Again looking at the stats, it seems Son is the one most people are leaving out.

What's more interesting to me is that Saliba has over 40% ownership and Gabriel only 12.6%. I guess some are remembering him being dropped at the start of last season. I think Gabriel is the more attacking threat though.

Looks good.
Going with the cheapest way into the Arsenal defense is ok I guess, even though I think Arsenals fixtures are among the tougher the first 5. (Villa, Spurs and City all away).
Another option would be to go for a 4,5 GK (Hendo, Sels or Flekken), downgrade Mbeumo (who I think is slightly overpriced) to Bailey (...or Mitoma, Garnacho, Doku, Silva, Kudus...) and upgrade Hall or Robinson to Gvards/Saliba/Gabriel.
I also think Solanke is massively overrated, but that's just my very subjective opinion.

Good shouts there. Im not sold on Raya at all. Decent 1st and 3rd fixtures. The other couple prob not clean sheets.
Sels has good fixtures, could be an option, and as you say a way to Gvardiol who is looking good for 2-4.
I do like Solanke, had him at times last season. He was a beast at times. Price is decent but going to a new team with a different way of playing, he could struggle a tad.
Chris Wood for first 3 at least could be an option.

I mean he's (Palmer) the most selected midfielder currently (> 40%) so don't go by what you read on here.

I think for once they've done a great job of pricing this year so you can't have a midfield of Saka, Son, Salah and Palmer as well as Haaland up top. At least 2 of those players have to be sacrificed for a balanced squad. Again looking at the stats, it seems Son is the one most people are leaving out.

What's more interesting to me is that Saliba has over 40% ownership and Gabriel only 12.6%. I guess some are remembering him being dropped at the start of last season. I think Gabriel is the more attacking threat though.
I’m struggling to decide between them. They may both play but can’t tell. I’m guessing White will be okay RB but costs slightly more and maybe Zinchenko at LB.

I’m struggling to decide between them. They may both play but can’t tell. I’m guessing White will be okay RB but costs slightly more and maybe Zinchenko at LB.
I think they're both fine for now. Might be some rotation at points in the season but certainly first choice. Ditto White. Zinchenko is certainly not safe. Wouldn't go anywhere near him personally.

I think I'm done.

Pickford Virginia
Konsa Martinez Quansah Hall Barco
Salah Odegaard Bruno Elanga Sangare
Haaland Isak Muniz

Let's roll
I’m not. Starting to think if I downgrade Salah to Jota then I can have Saka, Porro and TAA in for Odegaard, Quansah and Martinez… hmm.

Is Doku currently less of a rotation risk?

- Grealish is out injured.
- Pep is unlikely to throw Savio in straight away.
- If the FA Cup final and the Euros has proven anything it's that Foden can't play LW.

Flekken, Valdi
Saliba, Gvardiol, Quansah, Mazraoui, Faes
Saka, Son, Jota, Amad, Carvalho
Haaland, Isak, Delap

Thoughts on the team? I considered getting in Joao Pedro but seems like Brighton are getting a new striker in. Is Pedro guaranteed to start? Would be interesting to see the prices of Rutter and Evanilson.

Bobb's injury screws things up. I'll rotate the first gameweeks and jump on who looks good. Taking the chance on Doku+Jota and leaving a space for a 3rd Newcastle. (Livra/Burn/Hall or Gordon)

Current gigantic team:
McS9FIr.png

Bobb's injury screws things up. I'll rotate the first gameweeks and jump on who looks good. Taking the chance on Doku+Jota and leaving a space for a 3rd Newcastle. (Livra/Burn/Hall or Gordon)

Current gigantic team:
McS9FIr.png
Criminal to bench Gvardiol.