Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Is Zinchenko no longer first choice at Arsenal? He's a bargain at 5.0 if he plays like he did pre-injury.

Also why is White not a popular choice? He's on 11% at the moment. I'm guessing people went with Saliba and baulked at White's fixtures for that price?

He'll be a sub as he's wank.

Alright, finally happy with my team.

Henderson
Gvardiol - Porro - Saliba (Mykolenko, Barco)
Saka - Eze - Murphy - Bobb (Nkunku)
Solanke - Haaland - Isak

Bobb, Amad, Rodgers and Carvalho are all 5.0 midfielders worth looking at. I currently have avoided all of them because I am worried about their playing time, but has anybody took a chance on any of them?
I’m going with Carvalho as my 5th midfielder. Scored a few in preseason, quality player and he’ll eventually be a starter given what they’ve paid for him. The others all feel like riskier picks with higher ceilings given the clubs they play for.
Is Zinchenko no longer first choice at Arsenal? He's a bargain at 5.0 if he plays like he did pre-injury.

Also why is White not a popular choice? He's on 11% at the moment. I'm guessing people went with Saliba and baulked at White's fixtures for that price?
I’m going with zinchenko. He’s started a lot of preseason games and should start the first game. If he gets rotated, I’ll downgrade him to one of many decent options at 4.5 and probably get Raya in for Arsenal defence coverage.

My issue is who to bench in gw1 from Quansah, Martinez and Hall (or burn/livramento potentially)? Currently got Quansah on the bench ‍

Edit:
Should probably say, my team is:
Areola (Fabianski)
Zinchenko, Martinez, Hall (Quansah, Barco)
Son, Rashford, Jota, Gordon (Carvalho)
Haaland, Isak, Havertz

Rumours coming that Oscar Bobb has sustained a leg break in training, hopefully it’s not true as he was looking great in pre-season.

Damn! Who’s the best 5.0m midfielder pick other than Amad? Not sure I want to double up on Utd players as I’ve already got Bruno, and Amad’s game time is uncertain.

I am defo going with this;

Henderson (Valdi)
Trent, Gvardiol, Myko (Faes, Barco)
Bruno, Saka, Salah, Rowe (Winks)
Solanke, Ollie, Isak

Solanke in Spurs made me to make a few changes in team. Shame about Muniz. I had him till today but Solanke in Spurs is way better option.
Going without Haaland is a huuuge risk though but you can't have everything i guess.

Haaland draft was:
Hendo
Vvd, Gvardiol, Porro
Son, Gordon, Jota, Eze
Isak, Muniz, Haaland
I tried the Salah & Haaland approach until I just read Bobb is injured.
Now that I needed to reshuffle I dropped Haaland which made my team very similar to yours.

Same GKs.
Saliba and Quansah instead of Gvardiol and Myko, other wise the same.
I think I like my midfield more though: Bruno, Salah, Ødegaard, Bailey, Rogers.
Same attackers.

What's the thinking on Quansah? I've got Alisson in at the moment for Liverpool defensive cover but that seems the easiest way to free up money in my team.

I have Onana and Areola as GKs, but considering switching one out for Henderson.

I was going to give Onana a chance because he did score well last year, but his pre-season has me doubting. Should I switch him or Areola for Henderson?

I am defo going with this;

Henderson (Valdi)
Trent, Gvardiol, Myko (Faes, Barco)
Bruno, Saka, Salah, Rowe (Winks)
Solanke, Ollie, Isak

Solanke in Spurs made me to make a few changes in team. Shame about Muniz. I had him till today but Solanke in Spurs is way better option.
Going without Haaland is a huuuge risk though but you can't have everything i guess.

Haaland draft was:
Hendo
Vvd, Gvardiol, Porro
Son, Gordon, Jota, Eze
Isak, Muniz, Haaland
You sure Watkins start game 1? He has played a grand total of zero minutes in preseason.

I just made a draft with Saka, Salah and Haaland in it and I've to admit I really like it.

Henderson
Mazraoui Saliba Mykolenko
Saka Salah ESR Rashford
Armstrong Haaland Isak

4.0, Barco, Winks, Harwood-Bellis

-Bench is weak but at least they're all playing.
-Armstrong as first choice forward not optimal as well, but he has good fixtures after Newcastle and is on pens.
-Mazraoui a bit of a punt but i think he will be first choice with Shaw out and AWB off?
-If things doesn't go well I can easily react with downgrading Salah or Saka and upgrading Armstrong or Winks to anyone who started well.

I might just go for it. Am I stupid?

I've never had any luck with rotating goalkeepers, so I downgrade either Flekken or Henderson to the 4.0 keeper from Palace or Brentford, and use the 0.5 to go Rodgers to Murphy or CHO
I quite like the fun in rotating keepers. Plus it gives a bit of flexibility if either Brentford or Palace are shite defensively.

Starting to get that tinker-bug.

Would be appreciative of opinions on the below:

Henderson
Gabriel, Quansah, Gvardiol
Saka, Eze, Nkunku, Garnacho
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, ESR, Mykolenko, Faes

Or:

Henderson
TAA, Porro, Gvardiol
João Pedro, Haaland, Isak

Areola

Licha
AWB
Munoz

Mbuemo
Bruno
Palmer
Garnacho

Isak
Haaland
Solanke

Bench:
Flekken
Iwobi
Woolfenden
Taylor

Henderson
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Or:

Henderson
TAA, Porro, Gvardiol

B

Raya

Gabriel
Porro
Quansah

Bruno
Saka
Salah
Eze
Jota

Isak
Solanke

Subs : Robinson, barca and a 4.5m striker

Thoughts? I could bring Raya down to Henderson and upgrade the bench striker to Joao Pedro, but I want to attack arsenal's favourable fixtures early doors.. Robinson and Barca should get good minutes if they need to come off bench.

I think I've settled on this team aside form the players who are in bold font. The bench is fodder, and I am not comfortable with ESR being included in GW1 (has easy fixtures after this) and unsure if Luis Diaz would start. Is it worth downgrading Luis Diaz for Szobo and upgrade ESR to Garnacho/any other 6,5m midfield? Suggestions on how to improve this team would be really appreciated.

Henderson
Gvardiol, Quansah, Porro
Saka, Bruno, ESR, Luis Diaz
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, Konsa, Winks, Barco

Martínez (Turner)

Porro - Gabriel - Martínez - Quansah - (Barco)

Garnacho - Bruno - Palmer - Szloboszlai - (ESR)

Haaland - Isak - (Joao Pedro)

Not sure how/where to improve on that. Guehi at 4.5 is tempting in case he moves to Newcastle.

Actually decided to go with:

Martinez - (Turner)

Porro - Gabriel - Martínez - Quansah - (Barco)

Garnacho - Palmer - Jota - Gordon - (ESR)

Haaland - Isak - (Joao Pedro)

More goals in that midfield I think. Love me some FPL Bruno Fernandes but had to sacrifice somewhere.

Haaland at 15 is a lot. But I have trauma from leaving him out two seasons ago and can’t do it again.

Last edited:
Bobb out for a long period. That solves that riddle for a lot of people!

I'm finally settled for this.

Henderson
Hall Saliba Mykolenko
Salah Saka ESR Rashford
Isak Haaland Pedro

Valdi, Barco, Winks, Harwood-Bellis

Last question is Hall. Could also go for any of Quansah/ Licha/Mazraoui/Konsa/Robinson.

I plan to downgrade Saka after GW3 and upgrade this position to Trent anyway.
So "just" have to figure out which of Hall/Licha/Mazraoui/Konsa/Robinson will score the most point in first 3 GW's.

Henderson
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Or:

Henderson
TAA, Porro, Gvardiol

Like option B best because I think Solanke is massively overrated and will have to share minutes with the rest of the attacking 6 (Son, Johnson, Rich, Kulu, Werner), and I think Arsenal will concede in at least 3 of their first five games. Joao Pedro rotates nicely with ESR so that's a good combo.

The Bobb injury forced some changes to my team:

Flekken (Vald)
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah (Barco, Faes)
Salah, Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (BBD)
Haaland, Isak, Muniz

0,0 ITB

Like the team, but will struggle to get my hands on 2-3 Arsenal players for GW6 and onwards. Still think I'm going to land close to this.

Like option B best because I think Solanke is massively overrated and will have to share minutes with the rest of the attacking 6 (Son, Johnson, Rich, Kulu, Werner), and I think Arsenal will concede in at least 3 of their first five games. Joao Pedro rotates nicely with ESR so that's a good combo.

The Bobb injury forced some changes to my team:

Flekken (Vald)
Gvardiol, Porro, Quansah (Barco, Faes)
Salah, Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (BBD)
Haaland, Isak, Muniz

0,0 ITB

Like the team, but will struggle to get my hands on 2-3 Arsenal players for GW6 and onwards. Still think I'm going to land close to this.
Thanks.

You're team looks solid but I'd be concerned a little with the squad unless you plan to WC/save plenty transfers.

Quansah looks good for the start of the season but surely Konate will be challenging him.

Barco looks good but I'd keep an eye on Estu returning.

Bailey is someone I like but his minutes were managed before Villa had Europe to contend with.

Zero Arsenal cover can also be a red flag.

But them's the drawbacks for Salah/Haaland, which I'm sure you've considered.

Ffs I'm changing so much. Doubting Saka now after seeing their first 5 games.

I think I'm done.

Pickford Virginia
Konsa Martinez Quansah Hall Barco
Salah Odegaard Bruno Elanga Sangare
Haaland Isak Muniz

Let's roll

Current:

Henderson
Gvardiol - Porro - Mazraoui
Bruno - Ødegaard - Jota - Eze
Haaland (c) - Isak - Solanke

4.0 - 4.5 - 4.5 - 4.0​

I've now gone with

Martinez - Turner
Mazraoui - Gusto - Saliba - Van De Ven - Hall
Salah - Gordon - Palmer - Garnacho - Smith-Rowe
Havertz - Solanke - Isak

I've now gone with

Martinez - Turner
Mazraoui - Gusto - Saliba - Van De Ven - Hall
Salah - Gordon - Palmer - Garnacho - Smith-Rowe
Havertz - Solanke - Isak
Don't get Turner. He's the highest owned 4.0 GK. The minute these noobs realise he don't play, he will start dropping in price.

Thanks.

You're team looks solid but I'd be concerned a little with the squad unless you plan to WC/save plenty transfers.

Quansah looks good for the start of the season but surely Konate will be challenging him.

Barco looks good but I'd keep an eye on Estu returning.

Bailey is someone I like but his minutes were managed before Villa had Europe to contend with.

Zero Arsenal cover can also be a red flag.

But them's the drawbacks for Salah/Haaland, which I'm sure you've considered.
Thanks!
Plan is to go Quansah + Salah -> Gabriel/Saliba + Saka into GW6. Barco is just a backup punt who will sit my bench for 4 out of the 5 first games and will become a 4,5 defender as soon as minutes are not secure anymore.
For Bailey, I know he's struggled with playing 90s in the past. His endproduct is way better than his pricetag though and 65 minutes of Bailey might still outscore his pricebracket. If he doesn't start he'll have to be moved on.

OK, so think this is my final draft. Would love any ideas to make it better

Pickford - Virginia
Saliba-Gvardiol-Burn-Barco-Harwood
Saka-Garnacho-Eze-Nkunku-Rowe
Solanke-Haaland-Isak

0 itb

Last edited:
Is De Bruyne not expected to play? I’ve got him in my team but now massively doubting as nobody else does hahah