Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Could be the previously introduced All out attack or a free hit with no budget or a free hit with no limit from one club or 2 captains or double points for away games (these are all suggested by a BBC article) Interesting these, especially the two captains and free hit with no budget chip

Or a GW where you are forced to play Casemiro

I am defo going with this;

Henderson (Valdi)
Trent, Gvardiol, Myko (Faes, Barco)
Bruno, Saka, Salah, Rowe (Winks)
Solanke, Ollie, Isak

Solanke in Spurs made me to make a few changes in team. Shame about Muniz. I had him till today but Solanke in Spurs is way better option.
Going without Haaland is a huuuge risk though but you can't have everything i guess.

Haaland draft was:
Hendo
Vvd, Gvardiol, Porro
Son, Gordon, Jota, Eze
Isak, Muniz, Haaland

I'm in two minds about Bobb and Amad.

Tough decisions. Problem with them all is they are all guaranteed to be rotated.

I have Garnacho instead of Amad as feel he is nailed to start the most, but feel ETH will go with the attack that started the charity shield against Fulham.

I'm in two minds about Bobb and Amad.
I get that Amad is cheap but what people expect from him? He is a busy bee but i don't think that his numbers will be high this season. Also, he will be the first to be subbed (before or during the game).

Honing into something I'm pretty content with:

Alisson

Saliba, Porro, Mykolenko

Saka (v), Jota, Gordon, Nkunku, Smith Rowe

Haaland (c), Isak

Sub: Valdimarsson, Pedro, Quansah, Barco

I get that Amad is cheap but what people expect from him? He is a busy bee but i don't think that his numbers will be high this season. Also, he will be the first to be subbed (before or during the game).
Well that's it for me. With Haaland in I need to try and balance the side and he's a cheap punt for that midfield but has a good chance of starting with a favourable fixture and he has looked good in pre-season.

Pope
Gabriel Quansah Gvardiol
Diaz Jota Son Murphy
Isak Haaland Havertz

Murphy > ESR if he doesn't bang in GW1
Had a slight move about to get Garnacho in and a better first bench option in Rogers

Pope (bum)
Gabriel Quansah Gvardiol (bum) (bum)
Garnacho Jota Son Murphy (Rogers)
Isak Haaland Havertz

We should hopefully get some leaks on who starts for us before the deadline. There's quite a few price points ticked in that midfield to move about and also £0.5m in the bank. Only Salah and Trent are really unattainable to me in one and I'm not interested at all in Trent and have decided to bet against Salah so need to stick to my guns on that. No stranger to an early wildcard if I think it's needed.

Relatively pleased with my current draft. Players in bold could go though, so any alternatives welcome as they feel like I could gamble elsewhere.

Flekken
Gvardiol, Saliba, Mykoelnko
Jota, Saka, Rogers, Eze
Isak, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Henderson, ESR, Barco, Robinson

DeLigt 5m
Mazraoui 4.5m

Tempted to start with Mazraoui if he gets the nod against Fulham.

Good price but neither has trained, ten hag will probably put Martinez at fullback again

Pickford Vlad
Gvardiol Saliba Andersen Barco HB
Salah Bruno Nkunku Rogers Winks
Haaland Isak Pedro

I am not really convinced with GKs, Bruno, Rogers, Arsenal defender after GW1. Any thoughts?

Pope
Fabianski

Livramemto
Konsa
Mykolenko
Andersen
Barco

Salah
Bruno
Saka
Caiceido
Winks

Haaland
Isak
Maupay

Having second thoughts about going without one of Gabriel/Saliba as the deadline approaches. I think that friendly the other day showed why Raya can't "cover" them. They will score goals again this season as Arsenal are incredibly dangerous from set pieces.

I really need the funds from the Son/Havertz > Saka/Solanke switch to make it work but I don't think Solanke will start against Leicester.

Honestly, Raya could never cover them. It is a 2 or a 6 with him. A 4,5 might trundle along with 3-4 even conceding with save points and it all ends up the same. He is a bad pick i think.

People are talking about the bonus changes, but there are none if the defender doesn’t concede, which is when they would have got their bonus last year anyway.

That, along with the fact that they are working on set pieces and actively playing for corners, means one of the two could possibly have a mega score in one of those two home games.

I've gone for

RAYA

DE LIGT PORRO SALIBA

GARNACHO SAKA PALMER BRUNO

ISAK WATKINS SOLANKE

Then TURNER, BARCO, CUCURELLA and WINKS on the BENCH

Honestly, Raya could never cover them. It is a 2 or a 6 with him. A 4,5 might trundle along with 3-4 even conceding with save points and it all ends up the same. He is a bad pick i think.

People are talking about the bonus changes, but there are none if the defender doesn’t concede, which is when they would have got their bonus last year anyway.

That, along with the fact that they are working on set pieces and actively playing for corners, means one of the two could possibly have a mega score in one of those two home games.
What are those bonus changes?

What am I doing wrong except for not having Sahland in my team?

Pope (Valdimirsson)
Dalot Saliba VVD (Andersen Barco)
Ødegaard Bailey Foden Son (Garnacho)
Solanke Isak Havertz

ITB: 0,5m

Thinking is I can upgrade/switch Son to Palmer or Saka.
I can play 352 or 343 and the subs are starters.

Got skin in the game this year as I have some money on the line with mate.

Edited 353 to 352! :cool:

I've changed my mind: Sahland is in!

Premise: I'm going to have a flyer start and I'm going to do an early wildcard.
Formation: 3-5-2. Bobb coming on as a sub might kill me a little here, if he stays on the bench I'll do the 3-4-3 with Pedro, and if he doesn't play either, Barca will come in in my 4-4-2.

GK: Sels & Henderson
Def: Saliba - TAA- Quansah - Barca - Faes
Mid: Salah - Ødegaard - Bailey - Rogers - Bobb
Attack: Haaland - Solanke - Pedro

On Def: Quansah is a risk, but it looks like he'll be starting? Very cheap way to get Liverpool in the team and they've been generally playing well in pre season. Barca & Faes are starters, but hopefully will not be used.
On Mid: I Kind of want Palmer in there for Ødegaard I suppose, but can't see how I'm going to find those 2 mill. And maybe Fernandez is better option that Ødegaard as well? Bobb is a risk, even bigger than Quansah.
On Attack: I want Isak, but don't have money. Solanke isn't that much of an downgrade, hopefully. Should I downgrade a keeper and pick Wood instead as Forest have a decent schedule to start the season.

Anyways, I like it, but feels I'm maybe taking too much risk here. Input from anyone that knows FPL is appreciated.

What are those bonus changes?

Defenders now lose -4 points for the bonus calculation for every goal conceded, so they are much more unlikely to get bonus if their team concedes, even if they get an attacking return.

You're right that he's unlikely to last 90 minutes however he's proven in preseason that he's more than just a busy bee. The end product is there. Unfortunately he's barely had a run of games in the PL to showcase that. Ten Hag said himself this will be Amad's season.

Right can someone tell me my team is fine or really shit please.

Pickford

Saliba - Dalot - Quansah

Eze - Jota - Szoboslai - Saka - Son

Watkins - Isak

Bench: Flekken, Toney, Pau, Burn

Pickford

Saliba - Dalot - Quansah

Watkins - Isak

I wouldn't have Dalot at 5m. United don't keep many clean sheets and he's hardly an assist king. If I was you I would swap him for a 4m defender like Barco or Harwood-Bellis who can sit on your bench, them use the 1m funds to upgrade Burn or Pau to a 5.5m starter.

It's fine. Probably too much money on your bench though.
I wouldn't have Dalot at 5m. United don't keep many clean sheets and he's hardly an assist king. If I was you I would swap him for a 4m defender like Barco or Harwood-Bellis who can sit on your bench, them use the 1m funds to upgrade Burn or Pau to a 5.5m starter.

Thanks both! Can continue not working this afternoon and fiddle about.

Also has anyone done the 5-a-side challenge team thing? Looks quite decent.

Pickford

Saliba - Dalot - Quansah

Watkins - Isak

I feel like you need to have one of Haaland or Salah. Going without Haaland is fine but at least have Salah so you can captain him.

I'm not picking Haaland or Salah and I've loaded up on defenders and midfielders.

Pickford
Saliba - Hall - TAA
Palmer - Bowen - Jota - Bruno - Gordon
Solanke - Isak
Subs: Virginia, Gvardiol (will replace Hall after GW1), Joao Pedro, Konsa

Been wanting to try a deliberately "cheap" forward line for years but didn't have the courage not to take Haaland when he was cheaper. But I can easily justify it when he's 15. I can easily afford to take Salah if he gets off to a good start by turning Gordon into someone cheaper.

I've gone for

RAYA

DE LIGT PORRO SALIBA

GARNACHO SAKA PALMER BRUNO

ISAK WATKINS SOLANKE

Then TURNER, BARCO, CUCURELLA and WINKS on the BENCH
While reading this i had mental picture of some sergeant in military yelling his lineup.
RAYA!! here
PORRO!! here

Relatively pleased with my current draft. Players in bold could go though, so any alternatives welcome as they feel like I could gamble elsewhere.

Flekken
Gvardiol, Saliba, Mykoelnko
Jota, Saka, Rogers, Eze
Isak, Haaland, Solanke

Subs: Henderson, ESR, Barco, Robinson
I've never had any luck with rotating goalkeepers, so I downgrade either Flekken or Henderson to the 4.0 keeper from Palace or Brentford, and use the 0.5 to go Rodgers to Murphy or CHO

Is Sanchez a starter for Chelsea?
Nobody knows for sure, but all the sites that predict lineups such as Fantasy Football Scout are saying Jorgensen is first string. Maybe the Chelsea fans on here have some indication who will start.

Edit. Line up prediction sites seem to have changed today , with the majority having Sanchez to start now. So I have no idea , perhaps best to wait a while til we know for sure.

Last edited:
CHO vs Rogers Vs ESR or someone else for that price range?

ESR seems to be favour of the month, likely due to him being a starter and Fulham's schedule after they play United. But you can through in Semenko who will probably play up front for Bournemouth and Bobb, Amad or Carvalho. Lots of chooses in the 5 to 5.5 price range for midfielders.

Is Zinchenko no longer first choice at Arsenal? He's a bargain at 5.0 if he plays like he did pre-injury.

Also why is White not a popular choice? He's on 11% at the moment. I'm guessing people went with Saliba and baulked at White's fixtures for that price?