Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Interesting to see some drafts without Salah or Haaland.

I currently have Haaland and no Salah but its such a coin flip with which one to choose.

Looks like I am the only one currently with Gibbs - White :(

I started off building my squad being bullish about having neither and ended up having both. If I can fit both of them, Bruno, Saka and Isak then I’m not going to bother building teams without them and then regretting as I always have.

I also aim to have the crappiest bench possible so that I don’t have to make any decisions as I pretty much always get them wrong. I want to be 100% confident my bench is going to score exactly zero extra points above 2.

My cunning plan of ditching Haaland and loading up the midfield with Son, Salah, Bruno, Palmer and Saka quickly started to unravel at the seams.

Ill be back.

Henderson
TAA - Murillo - Burn
Salah - Nkunku - Son - Eze - KdB
Watkins - Isak

If I downgrade Trent to a 6.0 def I can get Saka and bank the 0.5m and change Murillo to Quansah.

@Dirty Schwein @Sandikan @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco @CassiusClaymore
Switched it up completely from the above draft. Went from Salah to Haaland cause I am not confident Watkins start GW 1. Opinions?

Henderson
Gvardiol - Quansah - Hall
Fernandes - Nkunku - Son - Saka - Smith Rowe
Haaland - Isak

Last edited:
Has there been any ideas what the new mystery chip will be?

My guess would be for 1 week you can have a free hit which will contain unlimited funds and the ability to select as many players from the same club as you wish.

Got this so far:

Pickford
Porro, Saliba, Gvardiol
Amad, Bruno, MGW, Gordon
Isak, Havertz, Haaland

Subs: Flekken, Bobb, Quansah, Andersen

My midfield is probably a bit lightweight with Bruno the only big hitter and two gamble picks. But I'm not sure I can really scrape back enough cash to get a big hitter in without the rest going to pot.

My guess would be for 1 week you can have a free hit which will contain unlimited funds and the ability to select as many players from the same club as you wish.

I guess there's only that many options on what they can do:

Off the top of my head, what they could do

- Pick only 6 players and they all have captain-points this GW.
- Pick only strikers (or midfielders or defenders) but 11 of them
- Pick only 1 player in a GW that then gets 6 x captainpoints (maybe a bit unlikely, but we're talking what options they have)
- a GW where you only can pick from 3-4 teams.

I don't think they'll do anything too random or negative, because you will just not use the chip in that case. But maybe be a chip that you can be a bit strategic about. Your guess is probably a decent shout too, though I would think they'd try and do something a little more different than just an upgrated version of a freehit.

My guess is double captain, i.e. your VC for that week will also score double points.

Switched it up completely from the above draft. Went from Salah to Haaland cause I am not confident Watkins start GW 1. Opinions?

Henderson
Gvardiol - Quansah - Hall
Fernandes - Nkunku - Son - Saka - Smith Rowe
Haaland - Isak
Looking pretty decent. Many that can score double-digits. Bench?

Having second thoughts about going without one of Gabriel/Saliba as the deadline approaches. I think that friendly the other day showed why Raya can't "cover" them. They will score goals again this season as Arsenal are incredibly dangerous from set pieces.

I really need the funds from the Son/Havertz > Saka/Solanke switch to make it work but I don't think Solanke will start against Leicester.

I think he'll be a solid pickup personally.

I like him as a player but he’s just not worth it at the start. At the same price you can get the likes of Burn, Mykolenko, Martinez, Konsa, Van De Ven, Guehi and loads more who offer loads more especially in the fixtures.

Is Oscar Bobb guaranteed playing time in the first few fixtures?

Currently have both Luis Diaz and Jota in midfield to cover up for Salah's absence, and then Haaland-Solanke-Watkins up front but the latter two won't even start in the first week perhaps... Dangerous stuff to begin the season with, it seems.

GW1.png

Feel fairly settled with this but keep flipping between a few.

No love at all for Toney? Not seeing him mentioned much at all. Palace and Southampton at home in the first three. 7.5 million.

My biggest worry now we are two days away is I still have no Haaland. Can I honestly go into week 2 against Ipswich with no Haaland?

No love at all for Toney? Not seeing him mentioned much at all. Palace and Southampton at home in the first three. 7.5 million.

My biggest worry now we are two days away is I still have no Haaland. Can I honestly go into week 2 against Ipswich with no Haaland?
No games under his belt in pre season and pushing for a move away. Was also dropped for a fair few games at the end of last season so not sure why anyone would go there right away. Too risky imo.

Pope
TAA
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Garnacho, Eze, Nkunku, Saka
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Subs: Vald, ESR, Anderson, Faes

Or

Henderson
Gabriel
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Son, Eze, Nkunku, Saka
João Pedro, Haaland, Isak

Any advice on this would be appreciated. Thank you.

Going with this i think.

Henderson

Gvardiol - Saliba - TAA

Bruno - Jota - Salah - Nkunku

Havertz - Solanke - Isak

Valdimarsson - Smith Rowe - Barco - Johnson

Still not convinced by Havertz but want some Arsenal attacking coverage, could swap Smith Rowe and him for a different combo.

Think Brighton have signed a very decent full back so might have to change Barco

Pope
TAA
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Or

Henderson
Gabriel
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Son, Eze, Nkunku, Saka

Quansah, Nkunku, JP… too many risky picks for me. (No, I’ve not forgotten :))

A.

Pope
TAA
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

Or

Henderson
Gabriel
, Quansah, Mykolenko
Son, Eze, Nkunku, Saka

Very tricky. I was just looking at Garnacho myself. Like I said previously he's very greedy and the stats bear that out as well

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_scoring_att

9th for most shots in the league last season and his finishing is only going to improve. He could have a big season but the other stat worth remembering is that United are simply not scoring enough goals as a team. Have we done enough to change that this season? I'm not so sure.

I think over the season the top pick outscores the bottom one though. Pope and Solanke should easily outscore Henderson and Jao Pedro. They'll be nothing much between TAA and Gabriel if they both play the same amount of minutes. TAA maybe slightly ahead. Son should outscore Garnacho but not enough to make up the difference.

Quansah, Nkunku, JP… too many risky picks for me. (No, I’ve not forgotten :))

A.
I don't know what you're talking about!
Very tricky. I was just looking at Garnacho myself. Like I said previously he's very greedy and the stats bear that out as well

https://www.premierleague.com/stats/top/players/total_scoring_att

9th for most shots in the league last season and his finishing is only going to improve. He could have a big season but the other stat worth remembering is that United are simply not scoring enough goals as a team. Have we done enough to change that this season? I'm not so sure.

I think over the season the top pick outscores the bottom one though. Pope and Solanke should easily outscore Henderson and Jao Pedro. They'll be nothing much between TAA and Gabriel if they both play the same amount of minutes. TAA maybe slightly ahead. Son should outscore Garnacho but not enough to make up the difference.
Thanks bud

Is it mad to not include Haaland? Feels like such a steep price it just ruins the rest of the team (and the fun).

Is it mad to not include Haaland? Feels like such a steep price it just ruins the rest of the team (and the fun).

I wouldn't say so because there are a lot of top quality forwards and options like Watkins, Isak etc. but I just feel like Haaland racks up so many points usually it's worth it. I think they have decent enough fixtures in the first three before the Internationals too.

Rashford £7M as a Midfielder, worth a punt, or do I stick with Garnacho..?

Dropping Haaland allows me a front 3 of Watkins, Isak & Solanke. Their combined score surely has to be the better option..?

Dropping Haaland allows me a front 3 of Watkins, Isak & Solanke. Their combined score surely has to be the better option..?

Same so far. Going for the Moneyball 'recreate him in the aggregate' approach.

I guess there's only that many options on what they can do:

Off the top of my head, what they could do

- Pick only 6 players and they all have captain-points this GW.
- Pick only strikers (or midfielders or defenders) but 11 of them
- Pick only 1 player in a GW that then gets 6 x captainpoints (maybe a bit unlikely, but we're talking what options they have)
- a GW where you only can pick from 3-4 teams.

I don't think they'll do anything too random or negative, because you will just not use the chip in that case. But maybe be a chip that you can be a bit strategic about. Your guess is probably a decent shout too, though I would think they'd try and do something a little more different than just an upgrated version of a freehit.
Could be the previously introduced All out attack or a free hit with no budget or a free hit with no limit from one club or 2 captains or double points for away games (these are all suggested by a BBC article) Interesting these, especially the two captains and free hit with no budget chip

Rashford £7M as a Midfielder, worth a punt, or do I stick with Garnacho..?

I thought yes until last weekend.

Not sure if Eze has played much pre-season for those selecting him and not picking Haaland is crazy.

I think I'm settled. I'll look at it again on Friday but for now, I'm done.

Henderson
Gvardiol, Gabriel, Quansah
Garnacho, Saka, Eze, Nkunku
Haaland, Solanke, Isak

Subs: Vald, ESR, Mykolenko, Faes

Nice spread overall and only a couple of risk plays. Missing Liverpool attack or TAA feels like it could be my downfall. But can't have them all.

I think I'm settled. I'll look at it again on Friday but for now, I'm done.

Henderson
Gvardiol, Gabriel, Quansah
Garnacho, Saka, Eze, Nkunku
Haaland, Solanke, Isak

Subs: Vald, ESR, Mykolenko, Faes

Nice spread overall and only a couple of risk plays. Missing Liverpool attack or TAA feels like it could be my downfall. But can't have them all.

Very strong. Wish I had the balls to go Solanke/Saka from the off.

I've currently got:

GK: Becker (Liverpool)

DF: Saliba (Arsenal)
DF: White (Arsenal)
DF: Porro (Spurs)

MF: Bowen (West Ham)
MF: Gordon (Newcastle)
MF: Garnacho (United)
MF: Saka (Arsenal)

FW: Isak (Newcastle)
FW: Watkins (Villa)
FW: Solanke (Spurs)

And still have £1M burning a hole in my pocket... :rolleyes:

Having second thoughts about going without one of Gabriel/Saliba as the deadline approaches. I think that friendly the other day showed why Raya can't "cover" them. They will score goals again this season as Arsenal are incredibly dangerous from set pieces.

I really need the funds from the Son/Havertz > Saka/Solanke switch to make it work but I don't think Solanke will start against Leicester.
I too think it's scary to go without an Arsenal defender, but they do face Villa (who the lost to twice last season), Spurs (who they conceded to in both matches last season) and City, all away games in their first 5GWs this season. So I'm willing to go without one till after the City game.

When it comes to Solanke, I really don't buy the hype:
- We do not know if he starts or not, even though it's more likely than not and he will probably be rotated heavily (they have 7 players for 4 attacking spots and Kulu has 3 goals and 3 assists in 356 minutes preseason in that pos, Solanke has 0/0 in 89 preseason minutes for Bournemouth)
- He's probably not on pens (Son will most likely keep the pens)
- He's still Dominik Solanke: a soon to be 27 year old with a grand total of 29 premier league goals to his name in 135 games and a notoriously bad finisher (27 non penalty goals from a total of 37,34 npxG in his PL-career). Not to be mistaken for a proven goalscorer or a proven FPL asset.
- When Richarlison is back, it's far from decided who has that #9 spot.

I keep changing this team, my latest variation:

Henderson
TAA Porro Dalot
Saka Garnacho Jota Johnson Nkunku
Haaland Ishak

No one considering Gibbs-White? Apart from Liverpool away in GW4, he has Bournemouth, Soton, Wolves, Brighton and Fulham in the first six GWs.

No one considering Gibbs-White? Apart from Liverpool away in GW4, he has Bournemouth, Soton, Wolves, Brighton and Fulham in the first six GWs.
Anyone considering a boring pick like that also probably wears Lonsdale socks whilst having sex. Just saying.