Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

It’s a punt till the first international break cause no Alvarez and no Foden to begin the season. It’s going to be Saka after that.
I like the KdB punt. Can't afford it myself, but will be a nice differential in GW2 with nice shortcuts to Saka, Palmer or Foden if he's not getting the minutes or gets injured.

I think I'm landing on Salah + Haaland myself:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Gvaridol, Porro, Quansah (Barca, Faes)
Salah (C), Gordon, Eze, Bobb (Nkunku)
Haaland, Isak, Pedro

Happy with this now, but it changes every hour.

Thoughts anyone?

Last edited:
No Salah draft. Goal is to transfer out very little and have a great 11 for first many gameweeks. A flexible squad, that can take advantage of the saved up transfers so to speak.

Took me hours to get to this.

Starting X1 - GW1:
Pope
Arnold-Gabriel-White-Livramento(or Burn)
Bailey-Luis Diaz-Bobb
Solanke-Haaland-Wilson

Bench: Nkunku, Andreas, Gusto, 4-0 gk

GW2:
Bobb gets his probably last game, Bailey goes to the bench and the Chelsea players go in. (James is out injured, so I don't see a great danger of Gusto losing his spot).

Onwards:
Being flexible and both Solanke, Bobb, Gabriel, etc could go if they don't hit.

Overall:
There's two of each from the teams I like, so it's easier to move around. The team will effectively mean that Salah can't come in, and it might take some time/transfers to get a Bobb/Gusto out of the squad, but that might be the price to be on another good value-pick elsewhere from the beginning. (Bailey, Solanke, Diaz, Livramento, Nkunku, Andreas, Gusto for instance)
Regarding formation:
Why go for a 4 in the back with the new bonus point matrix? I suspect we'll see 0% non 352/343 from the top 100k teams this season.

Picks:
Wilson is already an injury doubt
Bobb (I have him myself for GW1 and 2) will probably struggle to get minutes if he doesn't make himself undroppable in the chance or two he gets
Luis Diaz will be rotated
It looks like the Newcastle 4,5 defenders will be rotation roulette.
Double premium priced Arsenal defense: Arsenal play Villa away, Spurs away and City away in their first 5 fixtures.
Other than than that: Many good picks.

3AHaPWz.png

any input lads?

3AHaPWz.png

any input lads?
A lot of good picks, but be prepared to face frustration when you miss your captaincy choices when you never have the majority pick. Risky, but fun.
Foden will probably miss GW1

FantasyFootballScout’s members area has some decent tools for player comparison, projected points, etc - not that expensive neither

Fantasy football scout. I’ve had an automatic annual subscription (£20) for the past 6-7 years. Looks like they’ve hiked the prices a bit this year though the cnuts.
Nice one, thanks!

Regarding formation:
Why go for a 4 in the back with the new bonus point matrix? I suspect we'll see 0% non 352/343 from the top 100k teams this season.

Picks:
Bobb (I have him myself for GW1 and 2) will probably struggle to get minutes if he doesn't make himself undroppable in the chance or two he gets
Double premium priced Arsenal defense: Arsenal play Villa away, Spurs away and City away in their first 5 fixtures.
What’s changed with BPS? (I’m lazy)

My mates a Toon fan and expects Livramento to start, he does also think they'll finish 2nd though so take that with a pinch of salt :lol:
I would more be interested to know if Hall starts...At the moment it looks like he will isn't it?
Burn will play CB for the first few games so there is the Left back Position freed up for Hall.

I would more be interested to know if Hall starts...At the moment it looks like he will isn't it?
Burn will play CB for the first few games so there is the Left back Position freed up for Hall.

He says he thinks it's about 60/40 that Hall will start over Kelly, thinks Howe might play it safe and go with Trippier initially though now

I like the KdB punt. Can't afford it myself, but will be a nice differential in GW2 with nice shortcuts to Saka, Palmer or Foden if he's not getting the minutes or gets injured.

I think I'm landing on Salah + Haaland myself:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Gvaridol, Porro, Quansah (Barca, Faes)
Salah (C), Gordon, Eze, Bobb (Nkunku)
Haaland, Isak, Pedro

Happy with this now, but it changes every hour.

Thoughts anyone?
I’m been looking at YouTube at Haaland and Salah drafts and this attack is basically what every single “influencer” bitch has. It’s becoming very very template of you decide to go with both Salah and Haaland.

Salah - Gordon - Eze - Nkunku
Haaland - Isak

Latest draft. I'm actually really content with this. Good price points and teams covered and feels like all areas look solid plus less minutes risks all round.

Pope
TAA, Quansah, Mykolenko
Saka, Eze, Nkunku, Garnacho
Haaland, Solanke, Isak

Subs: Vald, ESR, Andersen, Faes

Not if they sign Guehi. It ll make the situation even worse in terms of who will start and I will stay away from their defense until a set back 4 emerges.

Had a look to see what changes I might possibly make potential to go from...

Flekken
Konsa Mykolenko Burn
Salah Rashford Odegaard Rogers
Haaland Watkins Isak

Turner Barco Harwood-Bellis Winks

To

Pope
Konsa Porro Robinson
Salah Odegaard Nkunku Smith-Rowe
Haaland Isak Solanke

Same bench

Any Villa fans here? What’s the consensus on Watkins? Does he start week 1?
Don't believe he he played a minute in preseason, so even if he does start he will be rusty. Villa also have Arsenal in week two, so I would wait til week three to bring him in.

Bobb, Amad, Rodgers and Carvalho are all 5.0 midfielders worth looking at. I currently have avoided all of them because I am worried about their playing time, but has anybody took a chance on any of them?

Bobb, Amad, Rodgers and Carvalho are all 5.0 midfielders worth looking at. I currently have avoided all of them because I am worried about their playing time, but has anybody took a chance on any of them?
I only started reading today and yeah seems like Bobb and Rodgers are the flavours of the week. I might give a try to Bobb at 5.0 and just offload him quickly, but perhaps it's a waste of a transfer? Really no idea how nailed Rodgers will be

I figured Amad had played well and was likely to start for you?

Regarding formation:

Picks:
Isnt the new bonus point system just that defenders in general get 4 less bps (not the actual final bps)? Have I missed something?

Edit: D’oh. I wrote Wilson but I meant Isak.

I figured Amad had played well and was likely to start for you?
I only started reading today and yeah seems like Bobb and Rodgers are the flavours of the week. I might give a try to Bobb at 5.0 and just offload him quickly, but perhaps it's a waste of a transfer? Really no idea how nailed Rodgers will be
There's always a problem with picking players who aren't considered first string because they had a great preseason. Amad, Robb and Rogers have been arguably their teams best players in preseason, not sure about Carvalho but he did score against United and
Arsenal. I think Amad, Bobb and Rogers will likely start the first game but as soon as all the players who played in the Euros or Copa America are ready to play they will be on the bench. Carvalho just joined Brentford and probably won't start this weekend, but he may just be the one with the best chance to be a long term starter.

For me so far...

Heart pick: Garnacho (I think he will shine)

Stubborn pick: Palmer (expensive, but I can't help it)

Risky omission: Haaland (I can't justify spending 15M on him)

There's always a problem with picking players who aren't considered first string because they had a great preseason. Amad, Robb and Rogers have been arguably their teams best players in preseason, not sure about Carvalho but he did score against United and
Arsenal. I think Amad, Bobb and Rogers will likely start the first game but as soon as all the players who played in the Euros or Copa America are ready to play they will be on the bench. Carvalho just joined Brentford and probably won't start this weekend, but he may just be the one with the best chance to be a long term starter.
It's true but I feel like being able to have 5 transfers this season helps being able to take a risk on one or two of those types of players.

Pope/Pickford, Martinez and Odegaard (+0.5m left in the bank for future flexibility) vs Henderson/Flekken, 4.0 fodder and Saka is my last decision...

I'd be going with 3x4.0 defenders in the latter which makes me a bit anxious. I have Quansah, Konsa, Martinez, Barco and Johnson now. I think Odegaard is fine for now.

Pope 4.0
Quansah Konsa
Martinez Barco Johnson
Salah Bruno
Odegaard Murphy Sangare
Haaland Isak Muniz

The bolded ones I am certain I'm not going to touch between now and deadline.

Pope/Pickford, Martinez and Odegaard (+0.5m left in the bank for future flexibility) vs Henderson/Flekken, 4.0 fodder and Saka is my last decision...

I'd be going with 3x4.0 defenders in the latter which makes me a bit anxious. I have Quansah, Konsa, Martinez, Barco and Johnson now. I think Odegaard is fine for now.

Pope 4.0
Quansah Konsa
Martinez Barco Johnson
Salah Bruno
Odegaard Murphy Sangare
Haaland Isak Muniz

The bolded ones I am certain I'm not going to touch between now and deadline.
Surely there is a better 4.5 def than a United player right now?

Think I'll settle on this.

Flekken
Saliba Maatsen Gvardiol
Palmer Saka Bruno Doku
Watkins Solanke Isak

Subs: Ruddy, Andersen, Barco, Amad

Surely there is a better 4.5 def than a United player right now?
Maybe Mykolenko but I’m fairly confident we will be good defensively this year with new acquisitions. If de Ligt is 4.5 as well he replaces Martinez due to higher offensive potential (both will be nailed I expect).

Last edited:
Think I'll settle on this.

Flekken
Saliba Maatsen Gvardiol
Palmer Saka Bruno Doku
Watkins Solanke Isak

Subs: Ruddy, Andersen, Barco, Amad

Curious what made you chose Maatsen over Munoz? I can't decide, might opt for both, but most player rating sites pick Munoz over Maatsen.

What am I doing wrong except for not having Sahland in my team?

Pope (Valdimirsson)
Dalot Saliba VVD (Andersen Barco)
Ødegaard Bailey Foden Son (Garnacho)
Solanke Isak Havertz

ITB: 0,5m

Thinking is I can upgrade/switch Son to Palmer or Saka.
I can play 352 or 343 and the subs are starters.

Got skin in the game this year as I have some money on the line with mate.

Edited 353 to 352! :cool:

Nkunku feels too risky for me. I don't trust Chelsea or his body.
I had him in initially but took him out. There are too many unknowns with Chelsea imo that I'll just wait for their first couple of games to see how they set up and how good they look. I'll pick Sanchez as one of my keepers but not looking to bring in any outfield Chelsea players just yet.

I had him in initially but took him out. There are too many unknowns with Chelsea imo that I'll just wait for their first couple of games to see how they set up and how good they look. I'll pick Sanchez as one of my keepers but not looking to bring in any outfield Chelsea players just yet.
I just remember how good Nkunku was for me in the Champion League Fantasy and he is healthy now and he was injured most of last season. Not sure about Sanchez, I think Jorgensen will be Chelsea's first string keeper.

I just remember how good Nkunku was for me in the Champion League Fantasy and he is healthy now and he was injured most of last season. Not sure about Sanchez, I think Jorgensen will be Chelsea's first string keeper.

I think he's really good but with all the attacking options, I'm not sure what their manager will go for. Thanks for letting me know! Sanchez will go out! I have no idea who Jorgensen is but if they've signed competition, it's best to stay away.

Curious what made you chose Maatsen over Munoz? I can't decide, might opt for both, but most player rating sites pick Munoz over Maatsen.

I don't bother with any of that outside stuff, player ratings, scouts etc. Most weeks I'll even forget to pick my team properly. I just pick my players and go against any advice I get on here. If I'm wrong, which I usually am, I'll go and try to fix it. Which usually ends up making the team worse.

As for Maatsen I just picked him because it looked like Digne was maybe on the way out. Had a good season last year and seems like the sort of player who's just going to come in and hit the ground running. I might throw Licha in there yet.

Interesting to see some drafts without Salah or Haaland.

I currently have Haaland and no Salah but its such a coin flip with which one to choose.

Looks like I am the only one currently with Gibbs - White :(