Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Latest dilemna is Solanke and Saka or Havertz and Son? Ange has said that he expects Solanke to be available for selection and I'd like to have him in. Might even be on pens.
Because of you guys I'm also wondering now if I should change Salah/Amad to Saka/Jota...
Rest of the Team would stay the same.

Henderson
Hall Saliba Quansah
Salah/Saka Amad/Jota Nkunku Rashford
Solanke Haaland Isak

Bench. GK, Mykolenko, ESR, Harwood-belis

0.5 itb either way.

With Saka/Jota i would cover the Arsenal attack. But I feel i will get an benching headach every week with ESR's programm.
Probably would have to bench Rashy realisticlly but not sure I'm ready for that.
And I'm not sure if Jota's place is secure with Darwin and Gakpo around.

With Salah/Amad I can just bench Amad who isn't secure anyway and switch him to Rogers if the latter performs.
But no Arsenal cover. But will have a secure Liverpool starter for their easy fixtures.

This will be my headache for the rest of the week i assume.

Raya

Burn VVD Porro

Jota Saka Bowen Nkunku Hudson-Odoi

Haaland Isak

Lumley, Pedro, Mykolenko, Barco

Bowen and Pedro both scored in recent friendlies.

Raya

Burn VVD Porro

Jota Saka Bowen Nkunku Hudson-Odoi

Haaland Isak

Lumley, Pedro, Mykolenko, Barco

Bowen and Pedro both scored in recent friendlies.
I’d still choose Gordon over Bowen, think Newcastle will get more goals, especially the first few weeks. I was more tempted by kudus given his price, but I’ve gone for gibbs white because of fixtures.

My biggest issue is who to bench out of:
Son, Jota, Rashford, Gibbs White, Gordon, Isak, Haaland, Havertz

Or do I swap Gibbs White for Kudus and then bench him vs Villa?

I’d still choose Gordon over Bowen, think Newcastle will get more goals, especially the first few weeks. I was more tempted by kudus given his price, but I’ve gone for gibbs white because of fixtures.

My biggest issue is who to bench out of:
Son, Jota, Rashford, Gibbs White, Gordon, Isak, Haaland, Havertz

Or do I swap Gibbs White for Kudus and then bench him vs Villa?

Agreed but don't really want to be relying on both Isak and Gordon early on. Nkunku is the one 'm least convinced by, can see him flattering to deceive but they've got great fixtures after City...

I don’t think Trent will be worth the outlay personally, and quansah is great value
I think you need to compare 7.0 def with a 7.0 mid and 7.0 fwd and there are many players in that range that can match Trent if he has his usual points outlay.

That Saka/Solanke vs Son/Havertz is a tough one:

Saka/Solanke
+ Saka is the penalty taker (when he's not fecking around and giving them away the daft cnut).
+ Saka plays nearly every minute of every match.
+ Saka matches his expected data most seasons so likely gonna have similar points to last season.
+ Solanke was great last season and should improve this season in a more attacking team.
+ Gives you extra 0.5m to play around with.
- Saka played a LOT during the Euros so can potentially have minutes managed for the first few games.
- Solanke just joined Spurs so no guarantee about how many minutes he gets or how well he will play there.

Son/Havertz

+ Son had a full pre-season and should be playing 90 minutes right from the word go.
+ Havertz went out early at the Euros so should also be getting good minutes.
+ Son will be a better option with Solanke's hold up play.
- We don't know for certain if Son or Solanke will take pens... so if Solanke gets it, you miss out on two pen takers in favour of two that don't.
- Havertz can have minutes mannaged (or play deeper) if Arteta fancies Jesus, who has done well in pre-season. A few blanks from Havertz and I can see this happening.
- Costs 0.5m more total.

If I know for certain Saka and Solanke both get good minutes, it's a no-brainer. The only thing making this a debate is the minutes.

Raya
TAA, Gvardiol, Munoz
Eze, Saka, Nkunku, Salah
Solanke, Isak, Joao Pedro

Subs: Flapihandski, Smith Rowe, Barco, Robinson

1.0 in the bank with my current draft. Will sit on that awhile and see - only other idea I have is go Robinson to Aina, then Joao Pedro to Muniz, but prefer the above for now. Raya cheapest way in for Arsenal defence for me right now. No draft of mine has had Haaland yet.

Saka/Solanke
+ Saka is the penalty taker (when he's not fecking around and giving them away the daft cnut).
+ Saka matches his expected data most seasons so likely gonna have similar points to last season.
+ Solanke was great last season and should improve this season in a more attacking team.
- Saka played a LOT during the Euros so can potentially have minutes managed for the first few games.
- Solanke just joined Spurs so no guarantee about how many minutes he gets or how well he will play there.

Son/Havertz
+ Son had a full pre-season and should be playing 90 minutes right from the word go.
- We don't know for certain if Son or Solanke will take pens... so if Solanke gets it, you miss out on two pen takers in favour of two that don't.
- Havertz can have minutes mannaged (or play deeper) if Arteta fancies Jesus, who has done well in pre-season. A few blanks from Havertz and I can see this happening.
- Costs 0.5m more total.

If I know for certain Saka and Solanke both get good minutes, it's a no-brainer. The only thing making this a debate is the minutes.
Do you think Odegaard is better when compared to Havertz cause of minutes?

Do you think Odegaard is better when compared to Havertz cause of minutes?
Nah, I want sexy players. Odegaard isn't that. Plus, for 8.5m you can get Bruno, who has better expected data (he's unlucky United are full of wasters) and also on pens.

If you want to compare Odegaard to Havertz directly, it's about even. Odegaard has slightly better numbers but also costs more and in midfield, there are other good options.

Saka/Solanke

Son/Havertz
- Costs 0.5m more total.

This is a good summary. What would be annoying is going for Solanke only to see him "eased" in with a couple of cameos in their easier opening fixtures.

Son/Havertz just feels a bit sexier to me. I don't know why. I've always liked Son in FPL and Havertz is an Arteta favourite now.

That said it's a very very close decision. Maybe having the extra £0.5m and being able to turn Winks into Rogers for example makes the former the better one? Of course you can also bank that £0.5m as well which is often a smart play at the start of the season with price changes being especially volatile.

Have you got any United players at all btw?

Jota, Gordon, Eze (7.0), and perhaps Bowen if you're looking for a differential, he always seems to perform for west ham although there is a manager change. Somethings wrong with Maddison's body language for awhile now, I wouldnt pay more than 6.5 for him, and even then I'd take a punt on Nkunku instead.

Yes those are good options, thanks!

This is a good summary. What would be annoying is going for Solanke only to see him "eased" in with a couple of cameos in their easier opening fixtures.

Son/Havertz just feels a bit sexier to me. I don't know why. I've always liked Son in FPL and Havertz is an Arteta favourite now.

That said it's a very very close decision. Maybe having the extra £0.5m and being able to turn Winks into Rogers for example makes the former the better one? Of course you can also bank that £0.5m as well which is often a smart play at the start of the season with price changes being especially volatile.

Have you got any United players at all btw.
We're thinking along the same lines completely.

I can use that 0.5 to downgrade Myko to 4.0 and then upgrade Henderson all the way to Raya and get in the cheapest route to Arse defence. Or save it as you say and not shit my pants at every early price change.

I also like the way Son/Havertz looks as a selection, I think they're better for the first 3 games and then Saka/Solanke for after international break. But you can't be thinking too much like that at the start of the season because one goal and Solanke can shoot up to 7.7m within a week.

I reckon Solanke and Havertz are gonan be similar but the difference maker is Son vs. Saka. Arse start with Wolves/Villa/Brighton and Spurs start with Leicester/Everton/Newcastle... Saka, if playing 3x 90mins, should outscore Son in that run. But who the feck knows how it'll actually end up :lol:

I have no United. The only one I'm interested in is Bruno but no way to easily fit him into my team. I might wait and see how they do, the squad doesn't look miles better than last season. Garnacho is interesting but with Rashford/Amad/Antony/Sancho (maybe), I can see these guys getting minutes managed.

Not a KdB fan personally though couldn’t tell you the split between (a) he’s slowed, less attacking positions and (b) simply don’t like him
It’s a punt till the first international break cause no Alvarez and no Foden to begin the season. It’s going to be Saka after that.

We're thinking along the same lines completely.

I can use that 0.5 to downgrade Myko to 4.0 and then upgrade Henderson all the way to Raya and get in the cheapest route to Arse defence. Or save it as you say and not shit my pants at every early price change.

I also like the way Son/Havertz looks as a selection, I think they're better for the first 3 games and then Saka/Solanke for after international break. But you can't be thinking too much like that at the start of the season because one goal and Solanke can shoot up to 7.7m within a week.

I reckon Solanke and Havertz are gonan be similar but the difference maker is Son vs. Saka. Arse start with Wolves/Villa/Brighton and Spurs start with Leicester/Everton/Newcastle... Saka, if playing 3x 90mins, should outscore Son in that run. But who the feck knows how it'll actually end up :lol:

I have no United. The only one I'm interested in is Bruno but no way to easily fit him into my team. I might wait and see how they do, the squad doesn't look miles better than last season. Garnacho is interesting but with Rashford/Amad/Antony/Sancho (maybe), I can see these guys getting minutes managed.

Yep. Looking at the same 2 but think it's more a heart over head thing at the moment if I'm being honest with myself. Garnacho is a greedy git (so great for FPL) but Bruno is your 90 min man on all set pieces and always involved in the attack. Being sensible I really should wait and see on both United and Chelsea players.

Pickford
Gvardiol, dalot, porro
Saka, Bruno, Foden, Gordon, Garnacho
Isaak, Watkins.

Areola, Pedro, Myolanka, Davis.

Henderson
Saliba - Gabriel - Quansah (Barco, Johnson)
Murphy - Son - Jota - Diaz (ESR)
Isak - Solanke - Haaland

High risk, high reward but I think i might go for it. A crazy number of great fixtures in the first two weeks and if worst comes to worst, a wildcard over the international break.

Might as well go for it!

Areola (Valdi)
Quansah Gvardiol Porro (Barco, Konsa)
Saka Eze Garnacho Luis Diaz (Rogers)
Solenke Haaland Isak

Still not convinced about that midfield. Any tips on how to improve upon this team? Is Szobozlai as better pick instead of Luis Diaz and use the 1,0m to upgrade Garnacho or Eze?

Is this team too lopsided?
Too many risky picks in the midfield I reckon.

Pickford
Gvardiol - Saliba - Barco
Salah-ESR-Amad-Kulusevski
Haaland-Watkins-Isak

Subs - Virginia, Harwood-Bellis, Davis, Winks

Brownhill scores after 5 mins in the Championship. Gonna miss him as an enabler this season :(

Brownhill scores after 5 mins in the Championship. Gonna miss him as an enabler this season :(
Don't mention that utter cnuts name in here again. fecking hate him. He's been tormenting me for too long man... Just to damn long :(

Is this team too lopsided?
Too many risky picks in the midfield I reckon.

Pickford
Gvardiol - Saliba - Barco
Salah-ESR-Amad-Kulusevski
Haaland-Watkins-Isak

Subs - Virginia, Harwood-Bellis, Davis, Winks
You may want to drop Gvardiol or Saliba to a 4.5 defender or Watkins to Solanke to give you more money for a better midfielder than ESR or Amad.

You may want to drop Gvardiol or Saliba to a 4.5 defender or Watkins to Solanke to give you more money for a better midfielder than ESR or Amad.
Thank you.

Might drop Watkins -> Solanke and updgrade Kulusevski.
Doubling on those two Spurs attackers might be too risky.

I've got a first draft together. Will no doubt be some tweaks, and suggestions are appreciated!

Sanchez, Henderson
Saliba, Konsa, Barco, Gvardiol, Dalot
Sake, ESR, Eze, Amad, Kudus
Solanke, Haaland, Isak

I take it Watkins will be on pens for Villa?

Very basic question I know, way behind and have not started to put together my team yet!

Final team:

Pope
Tsimikas Dalot Porro
Salah Bobb Amad Murphy Son
Haaland Isak

Subs:
Sanchez (G)
Mykolenko (D)
Barco (D)
Guiu (ST)

I take it Watkins will be on pens for Villa?

Very basic question I know, way behind and have not started to put together my team yet!
Tielemans could still be a contender

No Salah draft. Goal is to transfer out very little and have a great 11 for first many gameweeks. A flexible squad, that can take advantage of the saved up transfers so to speak.

Took me hours to get to this.

Starting X1 - GW1:
Pope
Arnold-Gabriel-White-Livramento(or Burn)
Bailey-Luis Diaz-Bobb
Solanke-Haaland-Wilson

Bench: Nkunku, Andreas, Gusto, 4-0 gk

GW2:
Bobb gets his probably last game, Bailey goes to the bench and the Chelsea players go in. (James is out injured, so I don't see a great danger of Gusto losing his spot).

Onwards:
Being flexible and both Solanke, Bobb, Gabriel, etc could go if they don't hit.

Overall:
There's two of each from the teams I like, so it's easier to move around. The team will effectively mean that Salah can't come in, and it might take some time/transfers to get a Bobb/Gusto out of the squad, but that might be the price to be on another good value-pick elsewhere from the beginning. (Bailey, Solanke, Diaz, Livramento, Nkunku, Andreas, Gusto for instance)

Newcastle fodder interest me - in particular Livramento and Murphy. What's the likelihood of them starting? I suppose its whether Howe goes for Hall or Livramento at LB as I imagine Tripper will hold that RB when he's fit.

I've jumped on the Amad train early as I feel his price will rise only non-United fans realise he's a starter.

My midfield at present is Amad - Salah - Rogers - Kamada - Nkunku.
Just not sure if there is enough goals there and whether I drop Kamada and use the 1.5 I have in the bank to go for a max 7.0 midfielder. Just not sure there's a lot of goals in that bracket of midfielders.

Newcastle fodder interest me - in particular Livramento and Murphy. What's the likelihood of them starting? I suppose its whether Howe goes for Hall or Livramento at LB as I imagine Tripper will hold that RB when he's fit.

I've jumped on the Amad train early as I feel his price will rise only non-United fans realise he's a starter.

Just not sure if there is enough goals there and whether I drop Kamada and use the 1.5 I have in the bank to go for a max 7.0 midfielder. Just not sure there's a lot of goals in that bracket of midfielders.
I'll only pick Livramento if we see credible signs of Trippier moving. Trippier also had some minutes recently, so he's a threat, if not a starter. The safe pick/fallback option is probably Burn imo.

I think Murphy will start. Has looked good in pre-season according to Newcastle fans, and Barnes (his competition) has mostly played on the left. Gordon starts for sure. Almiron (Murphy's other competition) is on his way to USA / MSL, so wouldn't count him as a threat.

Imo: Pope is a great pick. Has loads of saves and maybe bonus points in him. Newcastle might bolster their defence with Guehi, and Pope has maybe 10 good games ahead of him. Either with decent opponents or for decent amount of saves. Only seen a couple of highlights pre-season with Newcastle and I don't know how much you should look into pre-season form, but there's been chances for their opposition. Plenty of times where he has showed his class.

My mates a Toon fan and expects Livramento to start, he does also think they'll finish 2nd though so take that with a pinch of salt :lol: