Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Thinking about removing Salah for Saka. Waiting on the press report regarding his condition though. Risky move? I have Rogers, Palmer, Mbuemo and McNeil as my other 4 midfielders. I am trailing in my ML by close to 100 points and need some bold moves

Thinking about removing Salah for Saka. Waiting on the press report regarding his condition though. Risky move? I have Rogers, Palmer, Mbuemo and McNeil as my other 4 midfielders. I am trailing in my ML by close to 100 points and need some bold moves
Why Saka in now? (The Leicester and Southampton at home fixtures are behind him)
Saka and Salah both have tough fixtures coming up. I think a lot of managers will be moving away from Saka after GW8.

If you want to be bold and go differential, this could be an option:
Salah + Rogers/McNeil -> Son(if reports says he's back)/Foden + Bruno

Spurs and Man United are projected to scored the most goals the next 4 GWs and have the easiest fixtures on paper. City is obviously high on that list too.
Fulham and Forest are also teams to target if you want to move around non-premiums.

Keeping Salah is an interesting option as well. Many managers shipped him for Saka, Haaland or Palmer the last 2GWs

It was for palpitations. The procedure is relatively minor for that. I had a look online and they tell you not to do strenuous exercise for about a week.
well that should mean he'll slip right back in the side given the past few weeks! :devil:
but he had problems after getting Covid so I'd say it will turn out to be not just palpitgations...

Why Saka in now? (The Leicester and Southampton at home fixtures are behind him)
Saka and Salah both have tough fixtures coming up. I think a lot of managers will be moving away from Saka after GW8.

If you want to be bold and go differential, this could be an option:
Salah + Rogers/McNeil -> Son(if reports says he's back)/Foden + Bruno

Spurs and Man United are projected to scored the most goals the next 4 GWs and have the easiest fixtures on paper. City is obviously high on that list too.
Fulham and Forest are also teams to target if you want to move around non-premiums.

Keeping Salah is an interesting option as well. Many managers shipped him for Saka, Haaland or Palmer the last 2GWs
Thanks. That is a good suggestion. Taking Brennan Johnson now would be risky. Knowing my luck, once I take him he will start with his 2 and 3 pointers

Think I'm going with this:

-------------------Muric-------------------
----Saliba---Gabriel---Gvardiol----
Saka--Palmer--Mbuemo--Semenyo
----Haaland--Wood--Jimenez----

Subs: Sanchez, Rogers, Van den Berg, Greaves

Way too much money in the defence and the Arsenal double-up needs ditching, but I don't think this weekend is the time to do it. Rolling a transfer this week will let me swap Saliba for Lewis/Ait-Nouri/Milenkovic/Davies/Mykolenko and trade up from Jimenez to Cunha, who I reckon goes on a good run after the City game with his fixtures.

The temptation is there to try and sort out the mess I created for myself with the goalkeepers on WC as well, but I'm probably better off kicking that can down the road, as much as I would like to get Pickford and a cheap backup in.

Question marks over Saka's fitness also make a switch to Foden look appealing, but that would remove Lewis as an option for the defence next week while maybe not earning me that many points in the long run. Plus if I get enough money out of the backline over the next few GWs, I can see a route to shoehorning Foden into the side with Saka and Palmer too. Pricey defenders just seem pointless so far, so I'm thinking who needs them?

Both Saka and Havertz doubts for the weekend, two of my bench fodder are yellow and all and I've kept Mazraoui for now as I won't be able to get him back in and he'll likely be back in a couple of weeks.

I'll be sweating on team news.
Havertz to Watkins is an easy switch unsure who I'd go for if Saka is out. Maddison perhaps but I can never trust him.

I had a dream that Saka scored 2 and got 2 assists. Then I checked my rival and he triple captain him and I didn't even have him. Woke up in a cold sweat.

Awkward week.

Sanchez, Fab
TAA, Gabriel, Konate, Lewis, Greaves
Saka, Mbeumo, Johnson, Rogers, Dibling
Haaland, Jackson, Wood

City the most likely to keep a cleanie according to bookies. Got eternal fear of Pep roulette over Lewis and they don't keep many this season anyway. Think I should start him but not sure who to bench.

Konate has been great for me so far and it is a home game so cleanies aren't out of the question for Liverpool defence v Chelsea. It is a harder test for their backline though.

Becoming less enamoured with Rogers. His 0.30 xGI isn't anything special at all and Fulham have started well defensively. Villa created barely anything v United, Bayern and created the least xG anyone has vs. Ipswich when they played them recently too.

Even though he's started every game I've a sneaky feeling Jackson gets benched at some point. Rarely plays a full 90, including being subbed off vs Forest when chasing a winner and Forest down to 10 men last time out. Hasn't scored in the last 2 and passed up 1.87 xG in the process. Plus he is up against that Liverpool defence away from home.

Not thrilled with Mbeumo's fixture either. United are weird, look vulnerable as ever in certain games while we're stacking clean sheets in others. Which version shows up this weekend?

Then there's Saka's yellow flag.

Dibling belatedly yellow flagged 2 days ago too after he pulled out of England's U19 camp last week with nobody noticing for a while. Not that I'd have likely started him although Leicester (H) is a decent fixture if I ever want to, just another thing to whine about!

Got money to make changes if I want to, a ton of it. 2.9m but no free transfers so it would be for -4s.

Last edited:
Wildcard locked in

Kelleher

Trent, Van de Ven, Lewis

Mbeumo, Saka, Palmer, Johnson

Haaland(c), Wood, Delap

Subs: Jaros, Greaves, Dibling, Ait-Nouri

Doing the short punt on Kelleher, will change to Sels / Flekken then when Alisson is back as have 0.2 in the bank for that.

Pivoted from a Salah build to Haaland, feels the right time with the fixture runs both City and Scouse have.

Happy enough then on paper until potentially GW12. Hopefully Lewis keeps his place, but atleast I have playing defenders now on my bench with not too mental a fixture run, so happy for say Ait-Nouri to come in from GW9/10 onwards anyway. So should have a few banked transfers to make the few tweaks I expect to make after international break for GW12

Salah or Diaz who to get rid of
Diaz. Played for Colombia yesterday night, seems to be dropping in form while also offering the least secure minutes in that pricebracket right now.

Maz is definitely out yeah?

I guess no harm in starting him and having Greaves ready to step in as 1st sub...

Verbruggen
TAA Lewis Maz
Saka Mbeumo Salah Rogers
Haaland Ndiaye Wood

Carvalho Greaves Ait Nouri

Can't see Saka not playing if he can walk. Only question is whether triple captain on Haaland is the right play or not. Think not at the moment.

Leno

Lewis Robinson Ait-Nouri
Palmer Mbeumo Diaz Gordon
Calvert-Lewin Haaland Delap

Subs: Flekken, Gündogan, Justin, Collins

Not sure if I should tinker around anymore. Every pick seems logical and have played well so far.

Awkward week.

Sanchez, Fab
TAA, Gabriel, Konate, Lewis, Greaves
Saka, Mbeumo, Johnson, Rogers, Dibling
Haaland, Jackson, Wood

City the most likely to keep a cleanie according to bookies. Got eternal fear of Pep roulette over Lewis and they don't keep many this season anyway. Think I should start him but not sure who to bench.

Konate has been great for me so far and it is a home game so cleanies aren't out of the question for Liverpool defence v Chelsea. It is a harder test for their backline though.

Becoming less enamoured with Rogers. His 0.30 xGI isn't anything special at all and Fulham have started well defensively. Villa created barely anything v United, Bayern and created the least xG anyone has vs. Ipswich when they played them recently too.

Even though he's started every game I've a sneaky feeling Jackson gets benched at some point. Rarely plays a full 90, including being subbed off vs Forest when chasing a winner and Forest down to 10 men last time out. Hasn't scored in the last 2 and passed up 1.87 xG in the process. Plus he is up against that Liverpool defence away from home.

Not thrilled with Mbeumo's fixture either. United are weird, look vulnerable as ever in certain games while we're stacking clean sheets in others. Which version shows up this weekend?

Then there's Saka's yellow flag.

Dibling belatedly yellow flagged 2 days ago too after he pulled out of England's U19 camp last week with nobody noticing for a while. Not that I'd have likely started him although Leicester (H) is a decent fixture if I ever want to, just another thing to whine about!

Got money to make changes if I want to, a ton of it. 2.9m but no free transfers so it would be for -4s.
Lewis does seem to be weirdly rotation-proof this season so far though, although if you've got those three defenders they're obviously gonna start. Guess you could drop Rogers and go 433? As you say Villa away against a pretty good Fulham defence doesn't look great for him. He's £5m midfielder so we can't really be surprised if we have to rotate him now and again.

I'm with you on Mbuemo. I think he's only scored against us the one time (in the 4-0) and as ETH is fated to stay on, we're surely not gonna give up a load of goals. Right? Right??

I've been worried about Saka myself, but while Arteta probably won't give anything away, Carsley's comments suggest the injury was minor, so I'm set on keeping him in.

Doubts / dodgies in CAPS.

Best bet Maz out to Lewis? Or even Van de Ven.
Or shall I try and move Barco (4m) to a 4.4m starter like Ait Nouri, Guehi, Faes or Burn?

Hendo (Sanchez)
Taa Saliba KONSA (MAZ, BARCO)
SAKA Esr Salah Rogers (Winks)
Haaland (c) Raul Wood

Doubts / dodgies in CAPS.

Best bet Maz out to Lewis? Or even Van de Ven.
Or shall I try and move Barco (4m) to a 4.4m starter like Ait Nouri, Guehi, Faes or Burn?

Hendo (Sanchez)
Taa Saliba KONSA (MAZ, BARCO)
SAKA Esr Salah Rogers (Winks)
Haaland (c) Raul Wood
Maz trained today, so it might well have been much ado about nothing there. Konsa is expected to miss one game at most.

I take it you still have your WC if you still have Barco, so you must be doing alright with that side. Ait-Nouri is one I want to get in once the City game is out of the way, so he'd be who I'd back out of the options you've listed. Wolves have dream fixtures from next week to Christmas, and personally I think they've gotta win some time. In the matches I've seen they haven't actually looked like the worst team in the league, despite the standings.

Maz trained today, so it might well have been much ado about nothing there. Konsa is expected to miss one game at most.

I take it you still have your WC if you still have Barco, so you must be doing alright with that side. Ait-Nouri is one I want to get in once the City game is out of the way, so he'd be who I'd back out of the options you've listed. Wolves have dream fixtures from next week to Christmas, and personally I think they've gotta win some time. In the matches I've seen they haven't actually looked like the worst team in the league, despite the standings.
Was 4th in my work league but dropped to 10th so it's slightly sliding - albeit with the perspective that there are 111 in the league!
But need to nail the captain and get that mid firing again as last 2 weeks have been woeful.

I can't believe City won't start keeping cleanies again soon, so Lewis would be a good bet, but they could quite easily play 3 from Kovacic, Gundo, Foden, KDB and he's benched.

Was 4th in my work league but dropped to 10th so it's slightly sliding - albeit with the perspective that there are 111 in the league!
But need to nail the captain and get that mid firing again as last 2 weeks have been woeful.

I can't believe City won't start keeping cleanies again soon, so Lewis would be a good bet, but they could quite easily play 3 from Kovacic, Gundo, Foden, KDB and he's benched.
Fair point on bringing Lewis in, and I do think Guardiola is besotted with him this season so he's about as rotation-proof as a City player who isn't called Ederson or Haaland can be. So far, anyway.

But as you might have seen from an earlier post, I'm trying very hard to get the money out of my defence, so maybe any suggestion I give is gonna be unfairly predisposed against trading up in price there.

As for captaincy, Haaland surely? He's blanked twice in a row, which in my mind only makes him more likely to take it out on Wolves and Southampton, two of the worst defences in the league so far. I might have tried to be different and captain Saka if it was a home game and he hadn't had a knock, but even then I'd probably have caught myself overthinking it. Haaland will have a proper goal drought at some point, but I don't think it will be with this set of fixtures.

Betting against the crowd with Salah is always a nice option to have when you have both. Doesn't he have a pretty poor record against his former club though?

Fair point on bringing Lewis in, and I do think Guardiola is besotted with him this season so he's about as rotation-proof as a City player who isn't called Ederson or Haaland can be. So far, anyway.

But as you might have seen from an earlier post, I'm trying very hard to get the money out of my defence, so maybe any suggestion I give is gonna be unfairly predisposed against trading up in price there.

As for captaincy, Haaland surely? He's blanked twice in a row, which in my mind only makes him more likely to take it out on Wolves and Southampton, two of the worst defences in the league so far. I might have tried to be different and captain Saka if it was a home game and he hadn't had a knock, but even then I'd probably have caught myself overthinking it. Haaland will have a proper goal drought at some point, but I don't think it will be with this set of fixtures.

Betting against the crowd with Salah is always a nice option to have when you have both. Doesn't he have a pretty poor record against his former club though?
Have it on Haaland at the moment.
Still remembering Chelsea battering Wolves away.

Will play it by ear on the defensive change. Need to be certain though as I could end up with only 2 playing if I'm not careful.

@Sandikan ETH stated that Maz is available for selection.

So let's expect him to get subbed at 59 minutes.
That's good news at least
Maybe I should go Bartolo to Guehi. Just to finally deal with him and ensure another definite starter. Although I do have Hendo as 2nd choice keeper.

Will probably be enough until a wc.

Tempted to get rid of Liverpool players for a few weeks with the Bad fixtures coming up. Tempted to go Diaz to Johnson konate to Van de ven salah to palmer. Talk me out of it ? I have 3 transfers

Tempted to get rid of Liverpool players for a few weeks with the Bad fixtures coming up. Tempted to go Diaz to Johnson konate to Van de ven salah to palmer. Talk me out of it ? I have 3 transfers
Salah loves the big game and I keep him for Chelsea at Anfield. Later the fixtures are indeed difficult and congested, but both Saka and Palmer also have ugly fixtures if I wanted to get them for Saka. Don’t know what to do

This is my current team, I have 2 transfers. Please provide suggestions on how to improve this team, I am a stuck with indecision and have done nothing.

Flekken (Vald)
Gabriel Porro Faes (Konsa, Aina)
Luis Diaz Palmer ESR Saka (Amad)
Strand Larsen Havertz Haaland (c)

This is my current team, I have 2 transfers. Please provide suggestions on how to improve this team, I am a stuck with indecision and have done nothing.

Flekken (Vald)

If I was going to tinker with that I might look at Diaz and Strand Larsen.

Diaz a bit of a rotation / minutes concern. Think Slot said he was exhausted recently and he only played 89 of the last 180 minutes for Liverpool. He's been on international duty again with Colombia, one of the longest journeys for any player and one of those games was at ridiculous altitude in Bolivia. Played relatively late too, the early hours of Wednesday morning in the second of his two games. Liverpool's next couple are not the best either. On the flipside he's obviously scored a ton of points so far. Would consider Johnson, Maddison or Mbeumo if moving out.

Strand Larsen - Nice looking fixture run on the horizon. Certainly not a priority to bin off because of that but he hasn't produced that much so far. Looks more like a player you'll pick and choose fixtures for anyway so is actually probably a hold.

Everyone else has a lot of plus points in the near future. Either they're in decent form, have good fixtures or both. No point selling Palmer or Saka despite harder fixtures incoming, you'd only end up bringing them back anyway. Flekken and Porro not been so good, but they're others with good games on the horizon and there's some more like that.

There is quite a big fixture swing around week 12, seen a lot of people planning on saving transfers until then to target them. Don't have to burn them all now for the sake of it when you can stack up to 5 transfers this season. The Diaz out move might be worth it though. Just don't kill me if A) he starts this weekend and B) he smashes it over the next run of harder looking games. :lol: He's the most transfered out player in the whole game this week.

Edit: The only other one to keep an eye on is ESR due to him not starting v City but everyone is assuming it's because it was them away from home and they wanted to try something different for such a tough game. Nice looking squad for the next few.

Last edited:
Have a feeling people selling Salah might regret it but then again I have him and my luck has been pretty rotten so far. Going to keep him and see how it goes. Not having arsenal player is a risk

Flekken (Vald)

I'd probably just role tbh.

If you're desperate for something to do you could take a punt on something like Saka > Foden for a few weeks given their respective fixtures (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea vs Wolves, Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton). Foden is only 6% owned, so it's a nice differential if comes off.

If I was going to tinker with that I might look at Diaz and Strand Larsen.

Diaz a bit of a rotation / minutes concern. Think Slot said he was exhausted recently and he only played 89 of the last 180 minutes for Liverpool. He's been on international duty again with Colombia, one of the longest journeys for any player and one of those games was at ridiculous altitude in Bolivia. Played relatively late too, the early hours of Wednesday morning in the second of his two games. Liverpool's next couple are not the best either. On the flipside he's obviously scored a ton of points so far. Would consider Johnson, Maddison or Mbeumo if moving out.

Strand Larsen - Nice looking fixture run on the horizon. Certainly not a priority to bin off because of that but he hasn't produced that much so far. Looks more like a player you'll pick and choose fixtures for anyway so is actually probably a hold.

Everyone else has a lot of plus points in the near future. Either they're in decent form, have good fixtures or both. No point selling Palmer or Saka despite harder fixtures incoming, you'd only end up bringing them back anyway. Flekken and Porro not been so good, but they're others with good games on the horizon and there's some more like that.

There is quite a big fixture swing around week 12, seen a lot of people planning on saving transfers until then to target them. Don't have to burn them all now for the sake of it when you can stack up to 5 transfers this season. The Diaz out move might be worth it though. Just don't kill me if A) he starts this weekend and B) he smashes it over the next run of harder looking games. :lol: He's the most transfered out player in the whole game this week.

Edit: The only other one to keep an eye on is ESR due to him not starting v City but everyone is assuming it's because it was them away from home and they wanted to try something different for such a tough game. Nice looking squad for the next few.
Thanks mate, took Luis Diaz out for Mbeumo... His fixtures after he plays against us looks quite good (Ipswich, Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton)!

I'd probably just role tbh.

If you're desperate for something to do you could take a punt on something like Saka > Foden for a few weeks given their respective fixtures (Bournemouth, Liverpool, Newcastle, Chelsea vs Wolves, Southampton, Bournemouth, Brighton). Foden is only 6% owned, so it's a nice differential if comes off.
Use one transfer, will save the other. Cheers mate.

Salah loves the big game and I keep him for Chelsea at Anfield. Later the fixtures are indeed difficult and congested, but both Saka and Palmer also have ugly fixtures if I wanted to get them for Saka. Don’t know what to do
Tempted to go salah to foden.