Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Any issues with this

Flekken

Porro, Digne, Burn, Faes

Saka, Palmer, Johnson, Mbeumo

Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Henderson, Onana, Anderson, Joao Pedro
Decent team.

I dont understand using a extra 0.5 on goalkeepers though. Would be better spent on a better defender or a Rogers/Mcneil or something like that in midfield, instead of a central midfielder in Onana.

Any issues with this

Flekken

Porro, Digne, Burn, Faes

Haaland, Jackson

I’d get Dibling as the fifth midfielder. Quite involved when watching highlights and rotates great with Joao Pedro/Welbeck

Any issues with this

Flekken

Porro, Digne, Burn, Faes

Haaland, Jackson

Pedro and Onana being out injured, so I would drop Onana down to a 4.5 and go Welbeck over Pedro

Will roll this week if we don't get any injuries over the international break.

Team:
Flekken (Fabi)
Gabriel, Lewis, Dalot (SvdB, Faes)
Saka, Foden, Mbeumo, Rogers (Semenyo)
Haaland(C), Solanke, Havertz

0,1M ITB.

Think the team looks good.

I've chucked Kelleher in for a 4 week punt.

--------------------Kelleher
Porro - Gvardiol - Mazraoui - Saliba
--Diaz - Johnson - Mbeumo - Saka
------------Watkins - Haaland

Joao Pedro sitting on the bench stinking the place up.

Still holding the wildcard.

In limbo with my lot, not sure what to do.

Sanchez (Fabianski)
TAA Gabriel Konate (Lewis, Greaves)
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Rogers (Dibling)
Haaland Jackson Wood

1.5m in the bank, just the 1 free transfer.

Possibles:
Sanchez > Raya
Diaz > Johnson
Diaz > Foden
Rogers > Johnson
Jackson > Solanke
Jackson > Havertz
Jackson > Watkins
Wood > Solanke

The whole idea of bringing in Dibling last week was to take away choice while increasing spend on the starting XI in due course. I always bench the wrong player and I don't think I'll ever be tempted to start Dibling. Don't actually care if he hauls when he's sitting out at his price. Taking that to the next level I'd want to bin off one of those defenders too for someone cheaper so replacing Konate or Lewis is another possible transfer for me at some point, but I don't think it's going to be this week.

Almost hoping for an injury on internationals to help make up my mind.

Last edited:
In limbo with my lot, not sure what to do.

Sanchez (Fabianski)
TAA Gabriel Konate (Lewis, Greaves)
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Rogers (Dibling)
Haaland Jackson Wood

1.5m in the bank, just the 1 free transfer.

Possibles:
Sanchez > Raya
Diaz > Johnson
Diaz > Foden
Rogers > Johnson
Jackson > Solanke
Jackson > Havertz
Jackson > Watkins
Wood > Solanke

The whole idea of bringing in Dibling last week was to take away choice while increasing spend on the starting XI in due course. I always bench the wrong player and I don't think I'll ever be tempted to start Dibling. Don't actually care if he hauls when he's sitting out at his price. Taking that to the next level I'd want to bin off one of those defenders too for someone cheaper so replacing Konate or Lewis is another possible transfer for me at some point, but I don't think it's going to be this week.

Almost hoping for an injury on internationals to help make up my mind.
In general it’s a strong team, but maybe 2 liverpool defenders is too much for the upcoming run of fixtures. Not sure if Sanchez is a weakpoint or not as even Onana has the most points. I like Dibling myself, both as a bench option and a rotating option with Welbeck/Joao Pedro (they fit nicely). Wood is a decent punt in that pricerange with good fixtures.

Id try and move for Palmer and Havertz if possible. They’re just involved in very much in every game. Considering Diaz to Palmer somehow myself in 1-2 GWs time, but it requires some prioritising.

So with Mazraoui out for two months, i need a new defender. Im seriously considering Ashley Young? Everton have a great run of fixtures and could be tightening up in defence. With Young a stalwart on the flank, surely he'd be a good differential being on set pieces etc.

Or do i got for Dalot?

So with Mazraoui out for two months, i need a new defender. Im seriously considering Ashley Young? Everton have a great run of fixtures and could be tightening up in defence. With Young a stalwart on the flank, surely he'd be a good differential being on set pieces etc.

Or do i got for Dalot?
I don't know if Maz injury is fully confirmed. Would wait a bit more for the information

Or do i got for Dalot?
Wouldn't Young's position be under threat once Coleman and Mykolenko return? I think they're both predicted to be back just shortly after the international break. I'm interested in a couple of Everton defenders but there are a few with niggles that need news. They need Branthwaite too if they're gonna perform at their best.

In general it’s a strong team, but maybe 2 liverpool defenders is too much for the upcoming run of fixtures. Not sure if Sanchez is a weakpoint or not as even Onana has the most points. I like Dibling myself, both as a bench option and a rotating option with Welbeck/Joao Pedro (they fit nicely). Wood is a decent punt in that pricerange with good fixtures.

Id try and move for Palmer and Havertz if possible. They’re just involved in very much in every game. Considering Diaz to Palmer somehow myself in 1-2 GWs time, but it requires some prioritising.

Yes, my Palmer route is through Diaz too if that's where I want to go eventually. Posted about it the other day, and funnily enough the easiest way to get there would be to sell one of those Liverpool defenders but it's TAA. Could still get there other ways that require multiple ins and outs.

Hope you figure out a way to Palmer!

Braving it out and waiting until GW12 for Palmer. Next 4 fixtures are Liverpool, Newcastle, us and Arsenal. Hoping there's no more 4 goal hauls in there. I might even move Saka to KDB/Foden before then in that same midfield slot.

Braving it out and waiting until GW12 for Palmer. Next 4 fixtures are Liverpool, Newcastle, us and Arsenal. Hoping there's no more 4 goal hauls in there. I might even move Saka to KDB/Foden before then in that same midfield slot.
My plan earlier in the season was to sell Palmer for this fixture run and get in Foden. Now with the increase in Palmer's value I'm having second thoughts on selling him. He's valued at 10.8m now and I'll get 10.6m for selling him. It's going to be a headache getting him back. Saka seems more reasonable to sell price wise but not sure I want to as he has returned in almost every fixture so far. :lol:

How bad did the Saka injury look? Didn't watch England but I'm reading he might have a hamstring issue.

Pulled the trigger on Diaz > Johnson last night. Not sure if I like it but it's done. FPL statstics had him as going up to 6.6m which never happened. A bit panicked into it, got a fat 2.9m in the bank now.

He's in form no doubt about it. He has nice upcoming fixtures too so that's good reasons to be positive.

On the negative people were laughing at him as a footballer not long ago. Scored just 5 off 10.36 xG last season. Was that a blip, or is his 3 from 3.1 this season more accurate when it comes to his ability to find the back of the net?

His assists vs. xA is a massive overachievement in his career and is trending that way again. Don't know if xA models are rubbish, but if they're not there's always that question as to how sustainable that is. 2 assists from 0.5 xA this campaign, 19 assists from just 6.80 xA since 22/23. Doesn't create that much but somehow they all fly in so far.

You're never going to get cast iron gurantees at £6.5m though are you? He wouldn't be £6.5m if he came with that.

One of the reasons I took out Diaz is minutes. Rotated last time out which is part of it too, but on purely on minutes he was often getting subbed off early, averaging 71.5 minutes on his 6 starts. Johnson hasn't started every game either, on the bench v Newcastle in week 2 and while it's better he has been taken off in 4 of his 6 starts too for an average of 78 minutes per start.

We'll see, hopefully he'll keep on scoring.

Alright chaps, I'm at 1,600,000 and decided to pull the trigger on the WC.

Right now I've got:

Onana
Gabriel Lewis Van de Ven
Faes, Harwood-Bellis
Mbeumo Saka McNeil Johnson Smith- Rowe
Haaland Watkins Raul Gimenez

2.6m in the bank.

Thoughts and Ruminations:

Manchester City have an outrageously easy fixture list coming up. I was initially going to get Foden but I don't trust that he's over his injury. I realised Lewis might be another option to cash in. I suppose the only worry is rotation?

I don't trust Diaz to keep scoring while we have a brutal run with fixtures, and with Gakpo emerging as a very good rotation option. I've shifted him out for Brennan Johnson.

Spurs have an easyish fixture list coming up and are pretty good against shit teams. I brought in Brennan Johnson for Diaz and Van de Ven.

Unsure if I'm putting too much faith in Spurs. They look dodgy at the back all the time but had a very good defensive record before the last match?

Pickford and Everton have been shit so I brought in Onana. You lot are keeping clean sheets even while you're dropping points. But maybe 5.0m is too much for a GK? Perhaps I should target a United defender instead given you have easy fixtures coming up?

Thoughts welcome.

Last edited:
Also I should probably have a Liverpool defender given our record but then we have a horror fixture run coming up.

And actually so do the Chavs and Arsenal. It's a weird time to Wildcard.

I was looking at the top 10 teams in the world and realised they're no help at all. Cos these are the guys that are reading the paid sites with all the detailed stats analysis. I don't think it's realistic for normal managers to copy them as you'll never know when to sell people on and replace them unless you're reading the same stuff.

Any issues with this

Flekken

Porro, Digne, Burn, Faes

Haaland, Jackson

Why have two 4.5 mil gk? Either invest in proper 5 mil gk or pick one shit one of 4.5 mil and forget that he exists.

Defence is also meh. I can't see many CS there. Midfield is great. Attack is great. Joao Pedro is great option when fit but is he ever fit?

Or do i got for Dalot?
2months! Had missed this.
That's my transfer priority sorted then!!

Right now I've got:

Onana
Gabriel Lewis Van de Ven
Faes, Harwood-Bellis

2.6m in the bank.

Manchester City have an outrageously easy fixture list coming up. I was initially going to get Foden but I don't trust that he's over his injury. I realised Lewis might be another option to cash in. I suppose the only worry is rotation?

I don't trust Diaz to keep scoring while we have a brutal run with fixtures, and with Gakpo emerging as a very good rotation option. I've shifted him out for Brennan Johnson.

Spurs have an easyish fixture list coming up and are pretty good against shit teams. I brought in Brennan Johnson for Diaz and Van de Ven.

Unsure if I'm putting too much faith in Spurs. They look dodgy at the back all the time but had a very good defensive record before the last match?

Pickford and Everton have been shit so I brought in Onana. You lot are keeping clean sheets even while you're dropping points. But maybe 5.0m is too much for a GK? Perhaps I should target a United defender instead given you have easy fixtures coming up?

Thoughts welcome.
The trouble with our defenders is they're never too far from an injury. Dalot is the only one who has (so far) been somewhat exempt from that.

Everyone keeps saying Lewis is a rotation risk, but at 4.7m and with practically all the expensive defenders all underperforming, I reckon he's probably the best value you can get in the position. Guardiola seems to love him this season and, as you say, fixtures.

Might want to keep an eye on Saka for news on the injury front too after he came off for England.

Right now I've got:

Onana
Gabriel Lewis Van de Ven
Faes, Harwood-Bellis

2.6m in the bank.

Thoughts welcome.
Don’t know if I love Onana pick so much. Maybe I’d downgrade him to Flekken, ESR to bench fodder like Dibling and upgrade Raul to Solanke? That’s triple Spurs, I’d probably also remove VDV in such case, double attack seems very reasonable with their fixtures and lots of chances created.

Everyone keeps saying Lewis is a rotation risk, but at 4.7m and with practically all the expensive defenders all underperforming, I reckon he's probably the best value you can get in the position. Guardiola seems to love him this season and, as you say, fixtures.

Might want to keep an eye on Saka for news on the injury front too after he came off for England.
Fully agreed on Lewis, I got him in on WC and trust he’ll play a lot, Pep’s roulette has been less severe last years (famous last words)

Saka I fully expect to be back and I think it was just a precaution, dark arts Arteta surely told him to do that :lol:

Also I should probably have a Liverpool defender given our record but then we have a horror fixture run coming up.

And actually so do the Chavs and Arsenal. It's a weird time to Wildcard.

I was looking at the top 10 teams in the world and realised they're no help at all. Cos these are the guys that are reading the paid sites with all the detailed stats analysis. I don't think it's realistic for normal managers to copy them as you'll never know when to sell people on and replace them unless you're reading the same stuff.

Torn on the thing with the top 10. Might be wishful thinking on my part, but I like to think that with a bit of luck it could happen to anyone including me, they also seem to have very different teams.

Number 1 in the world has no Haaland and no Saka, and all the statistics in the world wouldn't have told him that Nathan Collins would concede 3 last gamweek while getting a goal and an assist. Seems jammy.

Number 2 does have Haaland and Saka, started Faes which seems a bit out there. Captaining Saka was a good move for them, one that I thiink I could have done, maybe should have instead of the Cyborg. I saw when it was too late that checkthechance (it's free) was predicting Saka to score the most points last week, and it was an obvious good fixture anyway. I sometimes look at that or similar, there's free options out there for things like that. I just didn't think much about the captaincy last week, fell into auto-Haaland mode.

LiveFPL has this list of legendary managers, a lot of them doing not so good if you click on their names, and I think that Ben Crellin bloke highlighted as supposedly 4th best in the world is associated with or runs one of those paid sites. I'm beating him.

On the other hand there's a big contingent of people all on 537 points, all getting 77 points last week with identical teams. They're battering me, and are obviously using the same source. Saw their escapades highlighted on reddit in the week.

Overall I don't know. I'm 48 points awayfrom top 10k (rather than top 10) and I can look at 3 or 4 decisions that I think could easily have got me at least there, ones that I would have been able to come up with myself. Saka captain over Haaland last week would have been 14 of those points.

Sanchez scoring 25 in 2 weeks after failing to keep clean sheets in any of his first 3 matches including games v Wolves and Palace is luck anyone could have and nobody was predicting the penalty save that accounted for a chunk of it. For his 10-pointer v West Ham he didn't have a difficult save to make at all, West Ham spamming weak shots from 25 yards out that rolled to him along the ground for 0.85 xG overall which was highly unusua. Got him 2 save points and 2 bonus points on top of the clean sheet. I have him now but it's too late! I don't think it would have taken genius, stats or paid sites to have had him in between the sticks at the time. That would have got me an extra 20 ponts over the 'keeper I did have those 2 GWs although mine did have bad fixtures to be fair and Sanchez's looked better on paper.

Last edited:
Fully agreed on Lewis, I got him in on WC and trust he’ll play a lot, Pep’s roulette has been less severe last years (famous last words)

Saka I fully expect to be back and I think it was just a precaution, dark arts Arteta surely told him to do that :lol:
I stupidly offloaded him on my WC. My next move might well be Saliba back to Lewis, since the former has been a big disappointment.

I'm not too confident with the Saka issue. Arsenal haven't had as much luck with injuries this season and apparently he was hobbling around a fair bit before limping off. Could be a bit of an 'abandon ship' moment with them if they lose him with 3 tough fixtures coming up.

The trouble with our defenders is they're never too far from an injury. Dalot is the only one who has (so far) been somewhat exempt from that.

Ok good to know. Thanks for the Saka heads up. I wouldn't mind swapping him out for Palmer. I feel naked without Palmer at the moment.

Don’t know if I love Onana pick so much. Maybe I’d downgrade him to Flekken, ESR to bench fodder like Dibling and upgrade Raul to Solanke? That’s triple Spurs, I’d probably also remove VDV in such case, double attack seems very reasonable with their fixtures and lots of chances created.

Now this is a very thought provoking post I must consider. I'm still deciding if Solanke is actually not that good from open play but he's been useful so far when he's been fit.

Other links seem to suggest back soon after a procedure.

That seems a little bit Pedro though, so might be worth shipping anyway.
It was related to palpitations not a muscle injury so I would assume a few weeks to return.

Johnson scored again for Wales. He is seriously having a purple patch. Don’t worry I will put an end to that by bringing him into my team. Richarlison had a similar purple patch last season. I ended that as well when I brought him after he scored in 6 straight. He didn’t score after that I think.