Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

51 all out and a tiny green arrow. I’m happy with that even if this GW was a shitshow. Another international break!

Forgot I had Welbeck to play, goal, 2 BPS… you still beat me
I swear Samid just makes a score up every week.
As all gameweek he's ranting about all his players doing rubbish. Yet always seems to be in the top 2 or 3 cafe scores :lol:
Similar to me…

I say players are crap, just forgot to say I’m top 2 or 3. Because I’m not…. or close :(

I feel like almost nobody keeps clean sheets anymore. Gone are the days of Pulis' Stoke, Big Sam with West Brom, West Ham, etc. where we could get some decent cheap options to supplement with top 4 defenders from United, Chelsea, etc. Sean Dyche stands alone and his team is devastated by injuries. City can't keep a cleanie to save their fecking lives. Arsenal are getting some returns but lacking in CS. Only Liverpool have been okay and they are running a fixture turn. The only good thing, I suppose is that, if this continues the price drops on teams like Everton, Fulham , Palace, etc. are hitting rock bottom. Tempted to continue to wait on more price drops and then stock up on cheap options at the back and funnel money to the MF/FWDs over the next few weeks.
Surprisingly enough, we have more CS so far this season than Arsenal. :lol:

But yea, only Liverpool look decent defensively. But they've only played all lower half teams so far so not sure if it's going to last.

All 1 pointers in defense from Gvardiol, Mazraoui, Robinson and Porro. :lol:

Any alternatives for Konsa?
Aina, Ait Nouri, Alex Moreno, Van De Ven, Guehi .... wait for price drops and team news ... Mykolenko, Andersen.... and after the internationals for injury news?

Last edited:
Not sure, I'm pretty sure ETH said he didn't feel well @ HT... but didn't say explictly injured. Don't roast me on this. I just half-watched the post-match interview.

I'm gonna wait for some injury updates. Tbh I'm not fussed about starting Harwood-Bellis vs Leicester or Greaves vs Everton at home either, and saving a free transfer.

Think I'll hold off the wildcard for now.

Chelsea at Anfield next.
2 weeks for Konsa and Maz to get back well/fit.

Enough in the squad to cover things, pending any international break madness.

Inevitably some bumhead who for some reason is in the cafe league, yet has never posted in here
I mean, judging by gloating of some in this thread I’d expect to see them in the top 10k OR, and the top lad in the league is merely 20k. We need to get better at this!

Think I'll hold off the wildcard for now.

Chelsea at Anfield next.
2 weeks for Konsa and Maz to get back well/fit.

Enough in the squad to cover things, pending any international break madness.
I feel like an idiot that I WC’d last week, so those that held their fingers won after all. Boring days ahead with another break and possibly not so many price changes.

I feel like an idiot that I WC’d last week, so those that held their fingers won after all. Boring days ahead with another break and possibly not so many price changes.
The big problem this season is it's utterly inevitable that switching any of Palmer, Saka, Salah and Haaland out could instantly backfire in any given week.

I've taken the WC this week. So many decisions.

I feel like Palmer is basically essential now, even with their tough fixtures coming up. Surely you can't keep ignoring him?

I've bought Mazaroui and trusted that you'll keep getting clean sheets in your coming fixtures. Is this a reasonable expectation?

I brought Romero in because Spurs have an easy run coming up, but with Ange's high line anything is possible and this might be a bad idea.

I'm thinking of avoiding Liverpool defenders because of our tough run coming up. But then I should probably get one given that, you know, we've conceded 2 goals in 7 matches.

I wanted to shift out Pickford, but now he's gone and got me a monster return which muddies the issue. They've got easy fixtures coming up. On the other hand, they're complete shit. And I want to bring in Sanchez as he costs a similar amount of money but they're about to get smashed by the fixtures.

feck, there's so much to think about.

The only thing I'm certain of is that bringing in McNeil for Bowen at a 1.9m gain was a good idea.

I've taken the WC this week. So many decisions.

I feel like Palmer is basically essential now, even with their tough fixtures coming up. Surely you can't keep ignoring him?

I've bought Mazaroui and trusted that you'll keep getting clean sheets in your coming fixtures. Is this a reasonable expectation?

I brought Romero in because Spurs have an easy run coming up, but with Ange's high line anything is possible and this might be a bad idea.

I'm thinking of avoiding Liverpool defenders because of our tough run coming up. But then I should probably get one given that, you know, we've conceded 2 goals in 7 matches.

I wanted to shift out Pickford, but now he's gone and got me a monster return which muddies the issue. They've got easy fixtures coming up. On the other hand, they're complete shit. And I want to bring in Sanchez as he costs a similar amount of money but they're about to get smashed by the fixtures.

feck, there's so much to think about.

The only thing I'm certain of is that bringing in McNeil for Bowen at a 1.9m gain was a good idea.
Watch Maz fitness, he’s a great pick if fit - but that’s a big if
Romero I’m completely not sold on, Spurs concede too much
You had Bowen? Fecking hell he went completely under the radar and he’s just a few points behind Saka so far - he was a great asset to have, I got so many points off him last season, and he seems to be doing well again… lovely differential

Every decision has been calculated but backfired anyway, to the point where it already feels nearly impossible to catch my rival.
This week has been like that for me.
  • Brought Gabriel and Raya, 2 games in a row, and they conceded
  • Went -4 to get Gordon in since Luiz Diaz was not starting, as I thought he would die to stick it to Everton fans. Low and behold, he missed the penalty
  • Konsa got injured today, and 6 points Faes on the bench
  • Then Mazraoui was substituted 15 minutes before the deadline, and both of the clean sheets gone
  • Did not listen to my gut to captain Mbuemo, knowing that Haaland has been on his crazy conversion rate, and it was bound to have few quiet games
In general, way too many mistakes from the start of the season, and I'm still not happy with my team, and I doubt that will will get below 1m OR by the end of the season.
  • Started the season without Haaland, and I went for about 3 matchdays. He was hauling like crazy. Then I brought him in on WC
  • Sold Palmer on WC, as he was playing way too deep for my own liking
  • Got Jota instead of Luiz Diaz
  • I Thought Saka would be a bad idea since Odegaard got hurt, and Arsenal was showing some haram football at the time. Got him out of the team on a WC
  • Had Muniz at the start of the season
  • Had Joao Pedro since the start of the season
The suffering will be immense this season, unlike any other. Might have to go minus 12 to minus 16 to get to the team that I want. So, so many 50-50 decisions went 100% wrong. The next big decision would be to get rid of the expensive players in defense. See how that pans out.

And now my rivals got points from Solanke, who did feck all when I had him.

I think I'm gonna down tools this season.

Every decision has been calculated but backfired anyway, to the point where it already feels nearly impossible to catch my rival.

Playing the WC and swapping Saka to Salah basically killed me.

I know what you mean mate. Feels like I've gotten every decision wrong this season and I think I'm just generally a bit burnt out with it now. Find myself just locking in a transfer and team early then generally ignoring it up until deadline. Even slept through/forgot last weeks which is something I generally never do as am usually on the lookout for any late team news.

Palmer to Saka killed me the other week but I guess some of that was made back this gw. Just got to hope for a couple more of those. And yeah since I wildcarded specifically to get Salah in he's gone off the boil. Meh

I know what you mean mate. Feels like I've gotten every decision wrong this season and I think I'm just generally a bit burnt out with it now. Find myself just locking in a transfer and team early then generally ignoring it up until deadline. Even slept through/forgot last weeks which is something I generally never do as am usually on the lookout for any late team news.

Palmer to Saka killed me the other week but I guess some of that was made back this gw. Just got to hope for a couple more of those. And yeah since I wildcarded specifically to get Salah in he's gone off the boil. Meh
Might be time to go differential and have some fun. I'm thinking Salah to Son next if Son is fit.

I just want to end this nightmare of shit season already.
My goal was to be in top 100k this year. Goal is now top one 1 mil.

Premium attack was biggest mistake. They do deliver (more or less) but when i see attacks with Welbeck and Wood doing the same as my 8 mil strikers i want to cry.

Seems like no one is really keeping clean sheets this season and the attacking returns are hit and miss making a lot of these premium defenders a bit redundant. I’m tempted just to stock up on budget defenders and go all out on midfield and attack.

Salah was my biggest mistake probably this year. I had him first 3 GWs. Then on WC i decided to keep him instead replacing him (with some other tweaks) with Palmer and Saka.
People always point out at buying someone at right time but selling big guns at right time is also a major decision.

Salah was my biggest mistake probably this year. I had him first 3 GWs. Then on WC i decided to keep him instead replacing him (with some other tweaks) with Palmer and Saka.
People always point out at buying someone at right time but selling big guns at right time is also a major decision.
Think about me. I bought him in after the hauls :lol:

I did the same thing and it’s not my biggest mistake. Good chance he goes after the IB but not so certain

This year it's inevitable it'll spank us.
As you can't afford Salah, Saka, Haaland and Palmer together, so any switch between the 4 is bound to punish at some point.

Think about me. I bought him in after the hauls :lol:
Same brother.
Scored three big double digits hauls the first 3 weeks, then only scored 1 goal in 4 weeks since.

Even that felt like an arse as i'd not captained him, with a Haaland fail.

I did the same thing and it’s not my biggest mistake. Good chance he goes after the IB but not so certain
I am keeping him for Celski at home and then i will have 4 transfers to replace him for Saka and Palmer.
And also Raya. His hauls were nice but having 5.5 gk with two points few weeks in a row is shit.

Defence is not the way this year seems to me.

Watch Maz fitness, he’s a great pick if fit - but that’s a big if
Romero I’m completely not sold on, Spurs concede too much
You had Bowen? Fecking hell he went completely under the radar and he’s just a few points behind Saka so far - he was a great asset to have, I got so many points off him last season, and he seems to be doing well again… lovely differential

:lol: The only thing I was certain about was binning Bowen for McNeil and now I'm not.

It appears you were bang on about Mazaroui being injury prone.

Yeah I don't trust the Spurs defence at all. Defence is a conundrum tbh with Liverpool having a tough run coming up. I don't think I can afford double Arsenal

:lol: The only thing I was certain about was binning Bowen for McNeil and now I'm not.

It appears you were bang on about Mazaroui being injury prone.

Yeah I don't trust the Spurs defence at all. Defence is a conundrum tbh with Liverpool having a tough run coming up. I don't think I can afford double Arsenal
Five points between Gabriel and Saliba in the past two gameweeks, with Liverpool preceding Newcastle and Chelsea away just around the corner. I'm not sure anybody can afford an Arsenal double defence right now! Saliba, in particular, might've just had a bit too much football going far in the Euros and not getting much of a break.

I may look at Everton defenders. If they follow last season's pattern, then they'll probably start picking up some clean sheets around about now. They've got the fixtures.

I may look at Everton defenders. If they follow last season's pattern, then they'll probably start picking up some clean sheets around about now. They've got the fixtures.
You reckon? Interesting. I was about to bin Pickford for Sanchez after his piss poor start. He finally got me some points on the weekend.

I think Diaz has run his course. I made 0.3 from him and I’m selling him for Johnson from Spurs this week. I will continue with Salah though. The sentiment around him is low which means if he hauls he is a differential.

I think Diaz has run his course. I made 0.3 from him and I’m selling him for Johnson from Spurs this week. I will continue with Salah though. The sentiment around him is low which means if he hauls he is a differential.

Thinking of the same, and I think it's going to be a popular move. Saw one of the content creators recommending it.

Thing is selling Diaz is also my eventual route to Palmer if I ever want to go there because of the way my midfield is set up. Would be difficult but possible eventually. Moving down in price to Johnson is that 1 extra transfer used and would feel like a comittment to sticking with midfielders more in that price range until second wildcard in that slot. Saka stays no matter what, Mbeumo too for a good while.

Saka-Diaz-Mbeumo-Rogers-Dibling

£7.9m sale price for Diaz + 1.5m ITB = 9.4m. Still 1.4 short for Palmer but it's doable if I really wanted to. TAA to Porro or cheaper would be the easiest way, or TAA to Saliba/Gvardiol/Robertson plus bits elsewhere, Robertson rotation risk aside. There's other ways as well but they'd use up more transfers and take longer without hits.

Need to decide if I ever want Palmer or not when moving Diaz out.

Last edited:
Any issues with this

Flekken

Porro, Digne, Burn, Faes

Saka, Palmer, Johnson, Mbeumo

Haaland, Jackson

Subs: Henderson, Onana, Anderson, Joao Pedro