Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

What's the consensus on Halaand + Salah or just having one of them? If so which one?
One of them in preferable. Haaland obviously drains too much of your budget to spread things around but can get a very strong XI with Salah. Thats why I went for Salah over Haaland.

Where you can get that "team rating"? People posting some shitty teams which have 93, 94 score. My team is 99.9 then

....but i need to check :lol:

Last edited:
I wish the season started already as I keep messing with my team too much.

Currently:

Pickford
Robertson Saliba Maatsen Martinez Faes
Saka Son Bruno Gordon Winks
Isak Watkins Solanke

I feel comfortable without Haaland and especially Salah (who I do not consider as an asset superior to Saka or Son anymore) but have some misgivings about Bruno and Maatsen, as well as going 343 when maybe 352 would have been a better choice…

One of them in preferable. Haaland obviously drains too much of your budget to spread things around but can get a very strong XI with Salah. Thats why I went for Salah over Haaland.
My first draft has neither of them. But it's a bit of a gamble and needs a couple of players to be very good.
Got suckered into picking Bruno again... surely this season?

My first draft has neither of them. But it's a bit of a gamble and needs a couple of players to be very good.
Got suckered into picking Bruno again... surely this season?
:lol: I just posted basically the same thing. I have neither but have gone with Bruno, but have some doubts as I can totally see us being as bad this season as we were last year and this coming back to bite me. Then again Bruno is an easy swap to a number of cheaper midfielders or even Odegaard so I won’t be stuck with him.

Robertson is another one I have but am not completely sold on. Some seem to think he may be benched for Gomez.

I wanted a Chelsea keeper and with Jorgensen priced at 4.5. ,what do you think of Sanchez and Jorgensen as my two keeepers?

Is it ok to go without a Pool or Arsenal defender?
Raya is the cheapest way into the Arsenal defense. I really like TAA,who I have, but he is expensive and I don't think the other Liverpool defenders are worth the price. Quit a few defenders at 5.0 and even more at 4.5

Flekken and areola as my first draft keepers. Might be a gamble but wan bissaka will make the hammers defence much more solid.

Raya is the cheapest way into the Arsenal defense. I really like TAA,who I have, but he is expensive and I don't think the other Liverpool defenders are worth the price. Quit a few defenders at 5.0 and even more at 4.5
I downgraded TAA in Virgil. Virgil plays all the time and scores goal then and there. Not TAA but he brings points.

I’m a bit light in midfield

Areola, Sanchez
TAA, Van De Ven, Konsa, Colwill, Andersen
Odegaard, Foden, Amad, Nkuku, Johnson
Isaak, Haaland, Muniz

Could drop Haaland for Watkins and free up some cash. But Haaland is def gonna start the season and have decent opening games

Open to suggestions

Generally try to avoid Utd players. If we lose/play badly…I can’t handle losing twice. Amad at 5 (given his pre season performances) seems a decent shout. Could be quite productive
Bruno in shit season ended on 166 points. And our schedule is probably worth it of having Dalot or Lisandro.

Did my first draft with an Arsenal defender in it. I don't dislike it...

Pickford (Virginia)
Hall Saliba Gvardiol (Barco) (HB)
Odegaard Garnacho Son Jota (Winks)
Haaland Isak Wood

I am slightly put off by their fixture list. They face Villa, Spurs and City in first 5 games.
I would waste money on a premium keeper. For the extra points they get with clean sheets, the keepers below make up in save points. The difference isn’t worth it in my opinion.

I downgraded TAA in Virgil. Virgil plays all the time and scores goal then and there. Not TAA but he brings points.
Surely Robertson is a better pick at the same price? Do you really think Gomez or Tsimikas is going to start ahead of Robertson?

I would waste money on a premium keeper. For the extra points they get with clean sheets, the keepers below make up in save points. The difference isn’t worth it in my opinion.
I think he is speaking in terms of saving money. Say you have Saliba and a 4.5m def so that’s 10.5m. But if you have Raya and a 4.5 that’s only 10m.

Surely Robertson is a better pick at the same price? Do you really think Gomez or Tsimikas is going to start ahead of Robertson?
I learned (on hard way) this; Virgil plays every game and every minute. If it is clean sheet, he is in bonus.
Robertson can and will be rested, rotated and subbed.

Trent is perfect Pool pick but i will settle with VVD for now.

I think he is speaking in terms of saving money. Say you have Saliba and a 4.5m def so that’s 10.5m. But if you have Raya and a 4.5 that’s only 10m.

Yeah, I get that, but with no points for anything outfield, and no saves to make, you are solely relying on clean sheets. Some keepers making saves will out point them over a season.

I don’t think “cover” is the best way to look at it. A 4,5Gk for a decent team will be in and around Raya come season’s end. It just feels like money wasted to me.

GK position is only easy thing for me this year. Pope on goal, Turner on the bench.
And i am not changing that unless Pope gets injured.

Still playing around with my Salah+Haaland draft.
Currently on:

Raya
Virgil Burn Mykolenko
Salah Hudson-Odoi Nkunku Rashford
Havertz Haaland Isak

Bench: Ward Barco Hardoow-Bellis Winks

I want to have a Liverpool defender for their ridiculous Run until GW6. And then downgrade and spread the funds around.
Also will not go without an Arsenal defender, even though they have hard away fixtures in first 6 GW's.

Which is the better Option?
Saliba/Becker
or
Virgil/Raya?

Still playing around with my Salah+Haaland draft.
Currently on:

Raya
Virgil Burn Mykolenko
Salah Hudson-Odoi Nkunku Rashford
Havertz Haaland Isak

Bench: Ward Barco Hardoow-Bellis Winks

I want to have a Liverpool defender for their ridiculous Run until GW6. And then downgrade and spread the funds around.
Also will not go without an Arsenal defender, even though they have hard away fixtures in first 6 GW's.

Which is the better Option?
Saliba/Becker
or
Virgil/Raya?

Quite like that draft. You could always start with VVD and switch to an Arsenal defender after the first 6 gw's.

Quite like that draft. You could always start with VVD and switch to an Arsenal defender after the first 6 gw's.
Thank you for Feedback. Yeah my current Idea is to have Raya in Goal from the start and use him as Arsenal defence cover fot the season. That allows me to downgrade VVD to an 4.5 defender after their good run and then use the 1.5m to upgrade in Midfield. If I go Becker/Saliba from the start, I could only gain 1.0m while selling Becker to an 4.5 keeper after their good run. But somehow I would still prefer Saliba to Raya as Arsenal cover for the season though.

Anyway, I now how it works...I make a plan and after one GW plan is out of the Window because of Injuries or benchings etc. :lol:

Last edited:
I am now backtracking on my no Haaland approach.

Pickford
Robertson Saliba Maatsen
Saka Gordon MGW Amad
Watkins Isak Haaland

Fodder only on the bench.

Looks sweet (until the Disciplinarian starts hating Amad again).

Is there any opinion on how much value we should have on our bench? If we have 4 players who are the cheapest option at their position there still is 16.5 on the bench. My current team has 19.5 or 18.5 depending on who I start between Munoz (Palace defender) or Muniz (Fulham forward). Seems a lot of money on my bench.

Is there any opinion on how much value we should have on our bench? If we have 4 players who are the cheapest option at their position there still is 16.5 on the bench. My current team has 19.5 or 18.5 depending on who I start between Munoz (Palace defender) or Muniz (Fulham forward). Seems a lot of money on my bench.
Might be better to have a stronger bench this season as you can carry up to 5 free transfers.

I am now backtracking on my no Haaland approach.

Pickford
Robertson Saliba Maatsen
Saka Gordon MGW Amad
Watkins Isak Haaland

Fodder only on the bench.

Looks sweet (until the Disciplinarian starts hating Amad again).
I like the Maatsen pick especially if he starts playing higher up the field but until I see him consistently start I feel there are better options.

Is Gordon going to Liverpool or is that bullshit?
I believe Newcastle were only considering selling Gordon because they were worried about the PSR and getting a point deduction. Since that is no longer an issue, it looks like Gordon is staying. They are talking about offering him a new long term contract.

I haven't given it a great deal of thought, but I made a quick team based on some posts here. Do comment what stupid stuff I am doing and changes.

No Arsenal defenders because of their first 5 fixtures
The GK combination seems meh.
Think I can do better than Cunha at a that price.

Flekken, Turner
Gvardiol, Burn, Konsa, Barco, Harwood-Bellis
Palmer, Odegaard, Jota, Gordon, Winks
Haaland, Isak, Cunha

0.0 ITB

Got a Salah draft I'm liking:

Flekken
Porro Burn Dalot
Palmer Salah Saka Hudson-Odoi
Watkins Isak Toney

Ward, Winks, Andersen, Harwood-Bellis

Dreadful bench options, mind

I haven't given it a great deal of thought, but I made a quick team based on some posts here. Do comment what stupid stuff I am doing and changes.

Flekken, Turner
Haaland, Isak, Cunha

0.0 ITB

Flekken, Turner
Haaland, Isak, Cunha

0.0 ITB
I don't like Turner as your back up keeper. He's thrid string at Forest and won't play at all and because of his high ownership, if a lot of people transfer him out his price will drop. Flekken probably will be the starter at Brentford but he has a slight knock and Valdimarrsson has started games in preseason. Valdimarrsson instead of Turner will ensure you have a keeper that plays. Burn has competition at Newcastle and if rumours that Newcastle have bid on Guehi of Palace are true, he may not start. Jota could also be in danger of rotation since Liverpöool has a lot of options in attack. The rest of the team is fine, Cunha. Could be a great differential.

I don't like Turner as your back up keeper. He's thrid string at Forest and won't play at all and because of his high ownership, if a lot of people transfer him out his price will drop. Flekken probably will be the starter at Brentford but he has a slight knock and Valdimarrsson has started games in preseason. Valdimarrsson instead of Turner will ensure you have a keeper that plays. Burn has competition at Newcastle and if rumours that Newcastle have bid on Guehi of Palace are true, he may not start. Jota could also be in danger of rotation since Liverpöool has a lot of options in attack. The rest of the team is fine, Cunha. Could be a great differential.
Turner is not first choice?

I am warming up on both Rashford and Martinelli. They could both be duds, but they could both be ridiculously underpriced too. Both look sharp in pre-season.

If Alvarez goes, I am also keen on de Bruyne. His XgL is ridiculous and he will be closer to goal than ever when he plays. You could be looking at an asset underpriced by 3 mil.

Miguel and Sels both ahead of him now and rumors of Ramsdale too!
Shit. No nailed starting gk for 4.0 mil then.

Defence in general is killing me this year. Pool has perfect schedule so it is a must (but who), we have excellent schedule, City is City, Arsenal had best defence last year, Porro is tempting, Newcastle with good schedule is tempting. Then there are some valuable 5.00 mil full backs from weaker sides like Maatsen, Robinson and Munoz who could be differentials.
Damn!

I am warming up on both Rashford and Martinelli. They could both be duds, but they could both be ridiculously underpriced too. Both look sharp in pre-season.

If Alvarez goes, I am also keen on de Bruyne. His XgL is ridiculous and he will be closer to goal than ever when he plays. You could be looking at an asset underpriced by 3 mil.
Yes, Kdb could be an absolute bargain. Martinelli.....don't do it. He is in rotation.
Rashy; yeah, that game i played two seasons and it is shit.

Yes, Kdb could be an absolute bargain. Martinelli.....don't do it. He is in rotation.
Rashy; yeah, that game i played two seasons and it is shit.
That’s the gamble though isn’t it? I think both are exciting at 7 mil. Both only 12 months removed from 200 point seasons.

Rashford is actually the bigger doubt for me, I am a big fan of Martinelli as a player and think he goes toe to toe with Saka on his day. Different player obviously but great speed and quick feet. Every chance they both improve with better players behind them now.

I think all of the 6,5 options have their questions too.