Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Salah or No Salah is gonna be the big decision for me come GW1. Barring an injury I'm absolutely not starting without Haaland but I feel I can get away without Salah especially if I can nail down who starts up front for them.
The manager said something like "we played two 10s because we don't have a striker available today, Nunez was unavailable".

That got me interested in him.

What's everyone's thoughts about players like Saka, Foden, Bruno etc. Will they play round 1 or still getting the fitness up

Reactions: 711
What's everyone's thoughts about players like Saka, Foden, Bruno etc. Will they play round 1 or still getting the fitness up
Foden will be starting the season on the bench. Oscar Bobb @£5m will be starting the first 2 games at least IMO.
I believe Arteta has said that Saka is likely to start the season.

Considering Mads Hermansen, team of the year in championship and 4,5. Cant see him not playing everything for Leichester

Anyone interested in Vardy given his price or am I living in the past?

No idea. I just saw the quote on insta. But I assume none of them two or Jota were playing. But he specifically named Darwin.
Harvey Elliot and Szoboszlai where playing as the 2 false 9s/10s and Salah was playing as RW(mostly hugging the touchline, but sometimes cutting it, like last season). Neither Gakpo or Nunez where available if I remember correctly.

Edit: If anything, this made me more interested in Szobo for 6.5m.

I've done another draft with the big hitters all in just to see how it looks. I'm actually not thar down on it.

Flekken
Konsa Mykolenko Burn
Salah Rogers Odegaard Rashford
Haaland Watkins Isak

Turner Barco Winks Harwood-Bellis

Is Mount an early option with the rest of our midfielders being on their holidays? I wish a journo would ask Ten Hag what his ideas are for when they come back. Been 2 weeks now since the final, anyone knocked out in the semis should be back training this week somewhere

Is Mount an early option with the rest of our midfielders being on their holidays? I wish a journo would ask Ten Hag what his ideas are for when they come back. Been 2 weeks now since the final, anyone knocked out in the semis should be back training this week somewhere
Unless we get Ugarte or someone else to replace Casemiro, I might wait with MU midfield... cause Mount/Bruno whoever will play, might have to do more running around the midfield to help Casemiro and Mainoo out, which will probably hamper their attacking threat. Just my opinion though.

have no idea why people a even considering salah at that price, his overall game is regressing constantly and he was pretty poor last year outside of end product....what are the chances he does it again, year older and without klopp's magic?

Do you start the game with 1 free transfer in the bank or 5?

Id say it’s one from reading the rules, but is that clarified somewhere/confirmed?

Do you start the game with 1 free transfer in the bank or 5?

Id say it’s one from reading the rules, but is that clarified somewhere/confirmed?

C'mon man, why would you start with 5?

You're effectively starting the game with unlimited transfers. If you mean GW2 it'll be 1 like it always is.

C'mon man, why would you start with 5?

You're effectively starting the game with unlimited transfers. If you mean GW2 it'll be 1 like it always is.
Because you dont have a free hit?

It’s just not stated clearly, but Id also assume it’s one.

have no idea why people a even considering salah at that price, his overall game is regressing constantly and he was pretty poor last year outside of end product....what are the chances he does it again, year older and without klopp's magic?
I'm coming round to that point of view, but it would mean no attacking Liverpool players for me, despite their good fixtures. Salah is the only one sure to start, unless the friendlies show up someone else. I get Szobo could be the someone, but he will have to have a damn good pre-season to prove it.

Cheeky GW1 BB squad

Henderson / Flekken
Gvardiol / Mykolenko / Van Der Ven / Livramento / Barco
Szoboszlai / Bruno Fernandes / Son / Gordon / Hudson Odoi
Wood / Isak / Haaland

I'm coming round to that point of view, but it would mean no attacking Liverpool players for me, despite their good fixtures. Salah is the only one sure to start, unless the friendlies show up someone else. I get Szobo could be the someone, but he will have to have a damn good pre-season to prove it.

you gonna miss out one attacker from top teams no matter what, im gonna wait for jota to get a run in the team or if by some miracle nunez hits form

With Estu injured, Barco could be an absolute bargain for 4 mil.
Or is it FM talking instead of me?

Scrolling through drafts here made me depressed.
Almost everyone is going with drossy/average defence, almost everyone has Saka, nobody is going with Bruno, everyone has Foden over KDB....basically completely opposite what i am doing.

Ffs!! I must rething both of my drafts. Which were perfect in my eyes.

Almost everyone is going with drossy/average defence, almost everyone has Saka, nobody is going with Bruno, everyone has Foden over KDB....basically completely opposite what i am doing.

Seriously don't. If there's ever a time to try and be a little different it's at the start of the season before an actual template emerges. I've got Bruno in at the moment and after Pep's comments it doesn't sound like Foden will be ready for the start of the season at least.

Cause he still scored 18 goals and assisted a further 12 goals last year. He has still not shown he has regressed in terms of output.

Insurance policy for a big haul against Ipswich. If he hauls and passes the eye test under Slot then their fixtures are extremely kind so I'd keep him around. Otherwise take a hit and replace with two good mids is pretty easy. (Maybe Palmer based on how he's doing under the new manager + Bruno)

McKenna might decide to go all guns blazing against Liverpool at home and get smacked for not being pragmatic.

Plenty of value in White, Gvardiol, Pope, imo. Maybe Trent too, but a bit afraid of how his input will be in his new role, so keeping an eye on Bradley in pre-season.

Plenty of value in White, Gvardiol, Pope, imo. Maybe Trent too, but a bit afraid of how his input will be in his new role, so keeping an eye on Bradley in pre-season.
Arsenal defence is a tricky one. Only Raya and Saliba are nailed. Too many options for rotation now.
i believe in Trent. Expensive bastard but schedule that they have is very easy.

Arsenal defence is a tricky one. Only Raya and Saliba are nailed. Too many options for rotation now.
Who is keeping Gabriel and White out?
It's left back they have a vacancy isn't it?

Don't think they'll be breaking up the best centre back combo in the league at the start. Or ditching White.

Remember the last season Gabriel nightmare!:lol: If Arteta fancies trying something, he will do it!

Remember the last season Gabriel nightmare!:lol: If Arteta fancies trying something, he will do it!
I doubt that he bought Calafiori for 50 mil to play in League cup.
Timber will probably go on the left (which is bye bye for Zinchenko).

How is White not nailed? Guy has little to no competition, didnt play in the Euros. Is there something I’m unaware of?