Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Raya, Flekken
Shaw, Walker, Schar, Saliba, Maatsen
Nnunku, Fernandes, Saka, Gordon, O.Bobb
Isak, Watkins, Toney

Given Salah's form, I'm thinking of bringing him in and can do that by taking out one of the strikers for a cheaper alternative like Joao Pedro. Saliba is expensive so might go for someone cheaper, maybe Porro.

Bobb is just there as a potential surprise given his good form in pre-season. If he doesn't play I'll just bring in Perreira.

Nkunku would be a massive steal at 6.5 if he plays as striker, though Chelsea have been complete sh*t in pre-season.

Raya, Flekken
Isak, Watkins, Toney

Given Salah's form, I'm thinking of bringing him in and can do that by taking out one of the strikers for a cheaper alternative like Joao Pedro. Saliba is expensive so might go for someone cheaper, maybe Porro.

Bobb is just there as a potential surprise given his good form in pre-season. If he doesn't play I'll just bring in Perreira.

Nkunku would be a massive steal at 6.5 if he plays as striker, though Chelsea have been complete sh*t in pre-season.
Spending 10m on a keeper is a waste. No point in getting a premium keeper if you’re not going to play him every week. Going without Salah or Haaland is fine but your midfield needs to be beefed up more if the two big hitters aren’t in your XI.

Last edited:
I have now tried building a team with BOTH Salah and Haaland and to be fair it doesn't even look that bad.

Pickford
Saliba Gvardiol Maatsen (Robinson Barca)
Salah Gordon CHO Amad (Andreas)
Haaland Isak Muniz

I have some doubts over Amad maybe but he should be getting some minutes at the beginning of season given how well he's performed in preseason so far, plus I will have a nailed 5.5m midfielder behind him just in case.

I could downgrade one of the defenders and fit in another 6.5m midfielder in Amad's place, or downgrade all of my defense and squeeze Bruno or Odegaard in, but I feel like I really need two 6.0 defenders in there.

Last edited:
Raya, Flekken
Isak, Watkins, Toney

It is a lot of money spent on keepers and defence. You could drop Flekken to a 4.0 keepeer and you don't need 5 defenders that should be in your team every week. There are 4.0 defenders that are good options to consider. The problem is unless you are trying to get Salah into your team and to do so you would still have to drop Toney to Pedro or Armstrong, I don't know where you spend the money you save.

My latest draft. Thoughts please?

Pope, Turner (not sure about Turner as he might not be a starter, am I missing any 4,0 keepers who are certain to start?)
Barco, Mykolenko, Gvardiol, Pedro Porro, Davis
Saka, Eze, Luis Diaz (Salah aside, is he the best pick from Liverpool?), Bruno, Winks
Haaland, Isak, Joao Perdro

Think I'm going to gamble with having Nkunku instead of Palmer. You'd imagine he'll start at least the first couple of games and it frees up a lot of funds.

My latest draft. Thoughts please?

Pope, Turner (not sure about Turner as he might not be a starter, am I missing any 4,0 keepers who are certain to start?)
Saka, Eze, Luis Diaz (Salah aside, is he the best pick from Liverpool?), Bruno, Winks
There are no 4.0 keepers that will start. Because of his high ownership Turner will drop in price if people start transferring him out. Tough figuring out who will play in attack for Liverpool other than Salah. Darwin, Gakpo, Diaz and Jota I think are all fighting for two positions. If you find out for sure let me know.

There are no 4.0 keepers that will start. Because of his high ownership Turner will drop in price if people start transferring him out. Tough figuring out who will play in attack for Liverpool other than Salah. Darwin, Gakpo, Diaz and Jota I think are all fighting for two positions. If you find out for sure let me know.
Thanks mate, looks like I might need to drop Pope. Updated draft:

Areola, Sanchez (Chelsea have signed a new keeper, is Sanchez going to continue in the goal for them? I've only followed United friendlies so no idea about what other teams are doing)
Saka, Eze, Luis Diaz , Bruno, Winks

I'm in the tinkering stage now.

Haaland & Isak are nailed up front. I'm fairly set on 3 in attack as well and am changing between Wood and Havertz at the moment. If it's Wood then the mid is Ode and if Havertz then the mid is Gibbs White. Same price for both.

I always play 3 at the back. Gvardiol is locked. I will then go with at least one bargain bin £4m defender (Harwood-Bellis at mo) and I think Quansah could potentially be a bargain as he's looked good in pre season. I also like Hall for Newcastle as he's much more attacking than Burn. Mykolenko is my other defender.

Because I'm playing 3 in attack my 5th mid is the cheapest playing bench fodder (Winks or Luongo).

Where i'm tinkering is the rest of the midfield and the gk and this largely depends on whether I want Salah or not. I think Jota will start the season but he's clearly not a safe option long term so all players in bold are open to being changed at the moment...

Raya Fabianski
Gvardiol Quansah Hall Mykolenko Hardwood-Bellis
Son Rashford Jota Gibbs-White Winks
Havertz Haaland Isak

That whole midfield could just as easily be Salah Bailey Hudson-Odoi Johnson for example which allows me to keep Raya as well. Nkunku is a wait and see for me. Question marks about his personal fitness and Chelsea in general. I do think the £6.5m price point has the most interesting options across the board though so don't mind having 1 or 2 from that group.

Have tinkered again and gone with a Salah-less squad

Henderson (Flekken)
Licha Gvardiol Saliba (Guehi, Faes)
Gordon, Odegaard, Jota, Amad, Eze
Watkins, Haaland (Wood)

• Want Saka but falling short by 1m.
  • Confused between Watkins and Isak but I have Gordon to cover the Newcastle attackers and would prefer Watkins considering the fixtures they have.
  • Should I go for a punt with Amad or stuck with a sure starter ESR or Hudson Odoi

Have tinkered again and gone with a Salah-less squad

Henderson (Flekken)
Licha Gvardiol Saliba (Guehi, Faes)
Gordon, Odegaard, Jota, Amad, Eze
Watkins, Haaland (Wood)

• Want Saka but falling short by 1m.
  • Confused between Watkins and Isak but I have Gordon to cover the Newcastle attackers and would prefer Watkins considering the fixtures they have.
  • Should I go for a punt with Amad or stuck with a sure starter ESR or Hudson Odoi

I think 1/2 punts is ok at the start of the season. No more though or you are booking in transfers further down the line. From your squad I'd say Jota, Amad and Wood are potential risks down the line. I've probably got too many in mine and will end up changing it.

Still unsure if to go without Haaland...
for now I've selected this
Flekken, Fabianski
Brathwaite, Trent Alexander, Barco, Robinson, Harwood - Bellis (only brought him in for Clarke because its saying Achilles injury)
Bruno Fernandes, Foden, Saka, Son, Bobb (Could switch for McTominay/Soucek)
Watkins, Toney, Solanke (could switch for Darwin Nunez, Gakpo several others)
More than likely will change it before the week is out

I think 1/2 punts is ok at the start of the season. No more though or you are booking in transfers further down the line. From your squad I'd say Jota, Amad and Wood are potential risks down the line. I've probably got too many in mine and will end up changing it.
True that…. I’m hoping jota is not a punt and he starts over gakpo.

Does seem like there are way fewer good deals to be found compared to previous years. Last year, Palmer was a shoe-in from the off after his move - Saka was also a pretty decent price too if I recall correctly. Think the valuations of Salah and Son are a bit ridiculous but should make for more interesting team selections.

Currently looking at:

Pickford (Ward)

Dalot Burn Anderson (Ait-Nouri, Harwood Bellis)

Saka Palmer Rashford Gordon Hudson-Odoi

Haaland Toney (Armstrong)

Does seem like there are way fewer good deals to be found compared to previous years. Last year, Palmer was a shoe-in from the off after his move - Saka was also a pretty decent price too if I recall correctly. Think the valuations of Salah and Son are a bit ridiculous but should make for more interesting team selections.

Currently looking at:

Pickford (Ward)

Dalot Burn Anderson (Ait-Nouri, Harwood Bellis)

Saka Palmer Rashford Gordon Hudson-Odoi

Haaland Toney (Armstrong)
Have you got cash left over?

Why do so many people have Burn? They're about to sign Guehi, which would effectively end his career.

Nice bit of stat there, might not be so bad a game after all.

Eze and Muños are heavily featured in all FPL youtubers squads, but I'm a bit on the fence whether Palace will be continuing the same form or if it's the "new manager"-effect. Happens all the time with similar sides.

All great calls. Looking much for differentials myself, as the game is a bit "meh" even if you pick a great template team. I'd have hoped Rico Henry was already featuring in Brentford's pre-season as he'd be a gem for 4.5 with his advanced role. It's a bit of a shame that people have "discovered" how low priced Bailey is compared to his output last season and that he'll be nailed.

My previous option for being differential was to aim for a wildcard around GW4 and then start out with great picks for short teerm. Maybe with 2 x Arsenal defenders, Havertz, etc and save up transfers for the bank. I guess it's still an option, but not sure Havertz will be safe for minutes.

Current/fallback draft: 3-3-2
Forest-goalkeeper (whoever starts)-4.0 fodder
Gvardiol, Trent, White, Burn
Amad/Bobb - Gordon - Salah
Wood - Haaland - Isak

Winks, Harwood/Barco/Greaves, 4.5 mid.

Fiddling around with leaving Salah out and just have a wide squad where I'll have 11 great players for each game. Not solved yet.

Wide squad-draft:

Pope - 4.0
Gabriel - White - Barco - Muñoz - Trent
Bailey - Nkunku - Bobb - Rashford - Gordon
Haaland - Isak - Wood/Muniz

Then book a transfer for gw2 where Gabriel becomes Gvardiol and possibly one more for Rashford in GW3. Not completely sold on it yet as Bobb could block Foden or make him achievable only by using 3 transfers for instance, but it seems there'll be plenty of options/value in the 6.5 range this year. A wide squad just makes it hard to get Salah, Palmer, but I guess the wildcard is an easier option this year with the 5 transfers itb.
That sounds like a plan, it's annoying me that Haaland is looking more and more essential for GW1 but that skews my team horribly. Starting with the obvious picks and then resetting after 4-5 weeks would be good, what did your draft for this plan look like?

Have you got cash left over?

Nah, but had another tinker over lunch to:

Raya (Ward)

Porro Dalot Burn (Barco Harwood Bellis)

Palmer Saka Rashford Gordon Hudson-Odoi

Haaland Toney (Fraser)

Effectively sacking off the bench for limited minutes but v happy with starting XI. Hoping to stack up some transfers early weeks.

------------------Sanchez
-------Saliba - Porro - Gvardiol
Rashford - Palmer - Saka - Amad
--------Isak - Haaland - Pedro

Or

------------------Sanchez
-------Saliba - Porro - Gvardiol
Rashford - Palmer - Luiz - Amad
------Isak - Haaland - Havertz

Double United is very much a punt.
I'm ok gambling on Amad for 5.0, as think he will get his chance at RW. Even for the first 3/4 games.
Just hope that Rashford starts the season well...

Keep chopping and changing but always come back to the same issue...

Pick two of: Saka/Palmer/Son

Saka is always reliable with points, plays every minute but I'm worried about fatigue after Euros. Fixtures aren't the best either.

Son is explosive and in a very attacking team, their fixtures aren't great but he's fixture proof.

Palmer had the best season out of these, he scored many goals (although pens) and his expected data is high. Good upcoming fixtures after City. My worry is we don't know how Chelsea will be under a new manager plus he's 0.5 more than the other two.

What are people's thoughts on these three?

Saka is always reliable with points, plays every minute but I'm worried about fatigue after Euros. Fixtures aren't the best either.

Son is explosive and in a very attacking team, their fixtures aren't great but he's fixture proof.

Palmer had the best season out of these, he scored many goals (although pens) and his expected data is high. Good upcoming fixtures after City. My worry is we don't know how Chelsea will be under a new manager plus he's 0.5 more than the other two.

I think Palmer can be the best asset in the game and I can’t see a way to get him.

The team were terrible for most of the season under Poch and he still produced. He is just so good.

In pre-season already, Chelsea are getting pens. They just have those players that are good at getting them, so I expect another 10+ for them again.

Saka and Son to start the season and reevaluate in a couple of weeks to see how Chelsea and Palmer do.

That sounds like a plan, it's annoying me that Haaland is looking more and more essential for GW1 but that skews my team horribly. Starting with the obvious picks and then resetting after 4-5 weeks would be good, what did your draft for this plan look like?
Needs some tweaking but it was something like this:

Pope
Gabriel-White-Burn-Arnold-Barco
Rashford-Martinelli-Foden-Elliott-4.5
Isak-Haaland-Wood

Then transfer in Gvardiol for Gabriel in gw2. And/or Nkunku in for Martinelli or Rashford in gw2.

Theory was to get someone who scores big from the beginning (Arsenal, Liverpool and 3 x City) and Havertz was in there first, but not sure if Jesus will start after playing in pre season.

Needs some tweaking but it was something like this:

Pope
Gabriel-White-Burn-Arnold-Barco
Rashford-Martinelli-Foden-Elliott-4.5
Isak-Haaland-Wood

Then transfer in Gvardiol for Gabriel in gw2. And/or Nkunku in for Martinelli or Rashford in gw2.

Theory was to get someone who scores big from the beginning (Arsenal, Liverpool and 3 x City) and Havertz was in there first, but not sure if Jesus will start after playing in pre season.
Your midfield is way too weak cause you spent too much on defense in my opinion.

I think Palmer can be the best asset in the game and I can’t see a way to get him.

The team were terrible for most of the season under Poch and he still produced. He is just so good.

In pre-season already, Chelsea are getting pens. They just have those players that are good at getting them, so I expect another 10+ for them again.

Saka and Son to start the season and reevaluate in a couple of weeks to see how Chelsea and Palmer do.
Thanks. Two differing views. Thinking about it, doing Palmer to Son will allow me to upgrade either Rogers to ESR or Flekken to Pope.

Decisions decisions.

Henderson

Castagne
Burn
Andersen

Salah
Bruno
Eze
Garnacho

Haaland
Isak
Joao Pedro

Turner, Nkunku, Tuanzabe, Johnson

First attempt. Not happy with the defence and Joao Pedro, but I suppose that's the sacrifice for both Salah and Haaland.

Also no Arsenal defence coverage is a concern

Thanks. Two differing views. Thinking about it, doing Palmer to Son will allow me to upgrade either Rogers to ESR or Flekken to Pope.

Decisions decisions.

I am the same after tinkering, I really want the 5,0 option. But I think I will go with both Son and Palmer and wait on Saka.

If he misses the first game, I don’t fancy the next 4 that much. Love Son’s first two and Palmer could well return at home to City and then his fixtures are all green after that.

I think I am decided that they are my two.

Will need advice. I just can't seem to be content and feel i can either get in 5 good Midfielders or get a better 3rd striker.

Flekken, Turner
Gvardiol, Martinez, Guehl, Saliba, Taylor
Andreas, Bruno, Foden, Salah, Gordon
Isak, Pedro, Watkins

Have nothing left in the bank.

Will need advice. I just can't seem to be content and feel i can either get in 5 good Midfielders or get a better 3rd striker.

Flekken, Turner
Gvardiol, Martinez, Guehl, Saliba, Taylor
Andreas, Bruno, Foden, Salah, Gordon
Isak, Pedro, Watkins

Have nothing left in the bank.
Could maybe lose one of the defenders? Got four good ones

Going on last seasons totals, Salah and Haaland are not worth it.

Salah’s season was interrupted by the AFCON though and Haaland isn’t so much about his points totals, it’s about captaincy at the right time. The megahauls. If it were just straight up points, I don’t think anyone would have them because you could have a midfield 4 capable of 200+ easily and the two next best attackers.

I still think it’s viable, but I don’t have the courage to go for it and get captains wrong every week.

Any Liverpool fans here can enlighten us as to who is to start alongside VVD in defense - Konate or Quansah?