Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Looks like I’m going with Haaland and Salah as it looks tough going without them. Want an arsenal attacker but can’t get saka or odegaard. Who’s the better pick - trossard or Martinelli ?

Now i am also thinking about Saland approach (yeah, it is bad a joke, i know).

Henderson
Mykolenko, Burn, Lisandro
Salah, Nkunku, Bruno, Eze
Toney, Isak, Haaland

Bench. 4.0 players

Vs team which i really, really, really liked.
Pope
Virgil, Dalot, Gvardiol
Bruno, Salah, Eze, Saka
Muniz, Watkins, Isak

Interesting (in an FPL nerd way) that Chelsea had more possession and same number of shots as City. Not their first team but …
Difficult game to take any real takeaways from except for that Chelsea haven't gotten comfortable in their build-up yet (all three of Haaland's goals were a direct consequence of Chelsea losing possession in the buildup, and him scoring/winning a pen seconds after), and that Haaland is as clinical as ever.

In general play Chelsea carved out some decent chances (think I saw 5 big chances created somewhere), but against a City team where I would be surprised if 4-5 of them got more than 500 minutes in the league, so I don't think it's an indication that Chelsea are creating chances at will.

My FPL takeaways would probably be to not go for the cheap 4.5m Chelsea keepers if anyone was planning on doing so as I think a few goals will be conceded to errors in the buildup, while not getting that many saves due to them shifting to a very possession-heavy style - expecting fewer shots against but of higher quality).

Sidenote is that Lavia is the standout player for Chelsea in preseason, and at the lowest pricepoint for midfielders you could probably do worse if you don't have many Chelsea players in your team and are looking for someone to have on your bench that comes in now and then. Likely no consistent hauls but he's decent at finding the wingers in space and Madueke and Sterling take enough shots that you might get a few assists here and there.

Oh and Bobb looked good again but of course a rotation risk.

Seeing Bradley and Tsimikas play as well as they did last night, seems like they're better value over Trent to begin with at least? I'd be surprised to see Bradley dropped when he's been one of Liverpool's best players in pre season.

Didn’t really think about Porro but he is making me rethink my defense. I know Spurs are shit defensively but in preseason he is constantly in the opposition box in scoring positions.

Last edited:
Now i am also thinking about Saland approach (yeah, it is bad a joke, i know).

Henderson
Mykolenko, Burn, Lisandro
Salah, Nkunku, Bruno, Eze
Toney, Isak, Haaland

Bench. 4.0 players

Vs team which i really, really, really liked.
Pope
Virgil, Dalot, Gvardiol
Bruno, Salah, Eze, Saka
Muniz, Watkins, Isak
If you liked Muniz in your bottom team, why not stick with him, then you can use the 1.5m extra to convert Burn or Myko back to Gvardiol?

If you liked Muniz in your bottom team, why not stick with him, then you can use the 1.5m extra to convert Burn or Myko back to Gvardiol?
I created even better Saland draft but something is just fishy in all those drafts with both of them.
You? Going with both?

Sanchez
Robertson - Murillo - Burn/Konsa
Son - Saka - Salah - Nkunku - Eze
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Son - Saka - Bailey - Nkunku - Eze
Isak - Haaland

Only playing Murillo cause of Forests first 3 fixtures. Robertson can become Gvardiol as well. Bailey is there to cover Villa but I could downgrade to Rodgers and bring in Muniz to bank the 0.5m.

@Sandikan @Dirty Schwein @BeforeKeanetherewasRobson @Maluco

Currently am on

Raya (Fabianski for now)

Saliba TAA Martinez Branthwaite (Barco)

Gordon Saka Rashford KDB (Nkunku)

Watkins Isak (Muniz)

I think that’s decent. Bricking it without Haaland Son or Salah of course but I do like the spread of the cash with one or two very decent bench options.

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Haaland

Only playing Murillo cause of Forests first 3 fixtures. Robertson can become Gvardiol as well. Bailey is there to cover Villa but I could downgrade to Rodgers and bring in Muniz to bank the 0.5m.

Option 1 looks better but not having Haaland is a scary thought.

Salah has been historically great but he plays quite wide these days, new manager so we don't know how they play etc.

I would go Haaland personally.

Also, Chelsea bought a new keeper.

Latest draft:

Flekken
VDV, TAA, Mykolenko
Saka, Nkunku, Eze, Garnacho
Haaland, Isak, Watkins

Subs: Valdi, Rogers, Faes, Harwood-Bellis

Not loving it. Weak midfield and shit bench.

Last edited:
Not gonna lie....looks meh
Agreed. Reverted back to my previous.

Flekken
VDV, Gvardiol, Mykolenko
Saka, Palmer, Eze, Garnacho
Haaland, Isak, Pedro

Subs: Valdi, Rogers, Andersen Faes

Need to find a way to get an attacking Spurs player and a Liverpool player. That'll be my mission from now until start of season.

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Haaland

I think if you are set going for 1, you will just feel so much more comfortable with Haaland. I think a Son could go toe to toe with Salah and I also think Liverpool’s goals will be more spread out and other options will appear in their team.

You can survive a Salah goal and assist but a Haaland mauling of Chelsea or Ipswich would be such a poor start.

I am going to gamble on Quansah for covering the Liverpool backline and could easily see Robertson miss the start of the season. If I am paying 6 mil, I want someone 100% in the team.

I am not big on either Burn or Konsa pick. I don’t think Villa are great defensively even though they are a good team and he offers nothing in attack. Burn feels like a rotation risk as they are looking to sign a CB and Hall has been great pre-season.

I think team 2 looks really nice apart from that.

Agreed. Reverted back to my previous.

Flekken
VDV, Gvardiol, Mykolenko
Saka, Palmer, Eze, Garnacho
Haaland, Isak, Pedro

Subs: Valdi, Rogers, Andersen Faes

Need to find a way to get an attacking Spurs player and a Liverpool player. That'll be my mission from now until start of season.
If it helps (so do opposite:))
My maybe final draft is (if not injuries):
Pope- offers saves and CSs. Nailed as no1.
Trent- premium defender. Perfect schedule
Stones. Yeah, he is not Gvardiol but you need City defender. Still thinking about Walker though.
Dalot - we will have solid amount of CSs and he offers something in attack too.
Barco-attacking and starter
Faes - dross
Bruno. 150 points in bad season.
Saka. Best Arsenal attacker
Salah. Schedule is amazing
Nkunku. Maybe bargain, maybe flop. Always can go with Kudus or Smith Rowe
Winks. Starter for 4.5.
Isak.
Watkins.
Muniz.
You must risk somewhere

It has some issues, no Haaland especially but at least every player can deliver.

Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Haaland

Second.

If it helps (so do opposite:))
My maybe final draft is (if not injuries):
Pope- offers saves and CSs. Nailed as no1.
Trent- premium defender. Perfect schedule
Stones. Yeah, he is not Gvardiol but you need City defender. Still thinking about Walker though.
Dalot - we will have solid amount of CSs and he offers something in attack too.
Barco-attacking and starter
Faes - dross
Bruno. 150 points in bad season.
Saka. Best Arsenal attacker
Salah. Schedule is amazing
Nkunku. Maybe bargain, maybe flop. Always can go with Kudus or Smith Rowe
Winks. Starter for 4.5.
Isak.
Watkins.
Muniz.
You must risk somewhere

It has some issues, no Haaland especially but at least every player can deliver.
Not gonna lie....looks meh

A couple of drafts in and I´m currently og this:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Pau/Konsa/Myko/Robinson (Faes, Davis [Ipswich] - just for the fun of it. The 20 returns last season made me do it. Could change to a 4,0 to free up 0,5 when needed)
Salah, Eze, Nkunku, Bailey (Bobb)
Haaland, Isak, Wood/Muniz/Pedro

Thoughts?

Option 1 looks better but not having Haaland is a scary thought.

Salah has been historically great but he plays quite wide these days, new manager so we don't know how they play etc.

I would go Haaland personally.

Also, Chelsea bought a new keeper.

I think if you are set going for 1, you will just feel so much more comfortable with Haaland. I think a Son could go toe to toe with Salah and I also think Liverpool’s goals will be more spread out and other options will appear in their team.

You can survive a Salah goal and assist but a Haaland mauling of Chelsea or Ipswich would be such a poor start.

I am going to gamble on Quansah for covering the Liverpool backline and could easily see Robertson miss the start of the season. If I am paying 6 mil, I want someone 100% in the team.

I am not big on either Burn or Konsa pick. I don’t think Villa are great defensively even though they are a good team and he offers nothing in attack. Burn feels like a rotation risk as they are looking to sign a CB and Hall has been great pre-season.

I think team 2 looks really nice apart from that.

All three for Haaland? Damn that’s also given me food for thought. Appreciate it lads!

Would appreciate some feedback on my team -
Flekken/Turner
VVD/Porro/Licha/Maatsen/Harwood
Eze/Nkunku/Rashford/Gibbs-White/Amad
Isak/Haaland/Watkins

Bolded are my planned starting XI but I do have £2.0 in the bank and considering upgrading Gibbs-White.

Also- do I risk it and start Maatsen over Licha?

A couple of drafts in and I´m currently og this:

Flekken (Valdi)
Gvardiol, Porro, Pau/Konsa/Myko/Robinson (Faes, Davis [Ipswich] - just for the fun of it. The 20 returns last season made me do it. Could change to a 4,0 to free up 0,5 when needed)

Thoughts?
Looking good to me. Personally I like Gordon and Pope a lot, and all my drafts have either Pope or Burn in them. Or someone for gw2 where Bailey probably wont get points.

I created even better Saland draft but something is just fishy in all those drafts with both of them.
You? Going with both?
I've got a Haaland-Isak-Pedro combo at the moment with Rashy, Eze, Foden, Gordon mid.
And Gvardiol and Saliba at the back.

Decent but will keep reviewing it.
I've made the mistake many a year of overdoing the defence value wise and there do seem a lot of good 4.5m options.
But we all remember how Saliba and Gvaridol became must have last year. But then we don't know how the bonus changes will tweak things.

Foden might not start the season so may well tweak it for Palmer or Saka.
But it's all early days.

Last edited:
Sanchez
Isak - Watkins

Or

Sanchez
Isak - Haaland

On the face of it, Salah and Watkins feels better than Haaland and Bailey.
But that Ipswich home fixture week 2 without Haaland feels very dangerous. Especially as Alvarez could be off so there's no alternative

Looking good to me. Personally I like Gordon and Pope a lot, and all my drafts have either Pope or Burn in them. Or someone for gw2 where Bailey probably wont get points.
Thanks! Bailey is nailed for me though. With both Salah and Haaland in the team, I only have 8,5M to spend on GKs. Eze might become Gordon, but right now I prefer the nailed on pen-taker in the Glasner attack.

PS! Villa won both, kept a clean sheet in both and Bailey returned in both fixtures against Arsenal last season, while Newcastle got 1 point and conceded twice in both games against Bournemouth.

Would appreciate some feedback on my team -
Flekken/Turner
VVD/Porro/Licha/Maatsen/Harwood
Eze/Nkunku/Rashford/Gibbs-White/Amad
Isak/Haaland/Watkins

Bolded are my planned starting XI but I do have £2.0 in the bank and considering upgrading Gibbs-White.

Also- do I risk it and start Maatsen over Licha?
No Arsenal, no NUFC, one City? Brave given previous returns and fixtures.

I’d use the £2m … I don’t see benefit in keeping that much spare unless had specific tfr plan for GW2/3.

Gvardiol? Gordon? Saka?

Flekken (Valdi)

Bailey is nailed for me though. With both Salah and Haaland in the team, I only have 8,5M to spend on GKs. Eze might become Gordon, but right now I prefer the nailed on pen-taker in the Glasner attack.
I think I'll go for Myko between the 4,5s and go from Davis to Barco (who looks to be nailed for the 5-6 first GWs and save up 0,5 there. Wood will probably be the budget CF unless we get news about Awoniyi before GW1 kickoff.

A couple of possible low owned gems:
JSL (CF) at Wolves. Nice price (5,5M), completely off the pundits radar, would be a great differential (0,2% owned) and should be ticking in returns steadily if starting. 0,51npxG/90 and 3rd in total npxG (16,67) in LaLiga last season playing for Celta Vigo fighting relegation the whole season and often playing out wide with Aspas playing up top. 3 assists in 3 games preseason.

Summerville at West Ham could also be a bargain when his price is reveiled (prob. 5,5 mid), 19 goals and 9 assists for Leeds in the Championship last season.

BBD at Southampton, Lindstrom at Everton and ESR (if fit) at Fulham

Thanks! Bailey is nailed for me though. With both Salah and Haaland in the team, I only have 8,5M to spend on GKs. Eze might become Gordon, but right now I prefer the nailed on pen-taker in the Glasner attack.

PS! Villa won both, kept a clean sheet in both and Bailey returned in both fixtures against Arsenal last season, while Newcastle got 1 point and conceded twice in both games against Bournemouth.
Nice bit of stat there, might not be so bad a game after all.

Eze and Muños are heavily featured in all FPL youtubers squads, but I'm a bit on the fence whether Palace will be continuing the same form or if it's the "new manager"-effect. Happens all the time with similar sides.
I think I'll go for Myko between the 4,5s and go from Davis to Barco (who looks to be nailed for the 5-6 first GWs and save up 0,5 there. Wood will probably be the budget CF unless we get news about Awoniyi before GW1 kickoff.

A couple of possible low owned gems:
JSL (CF) at Wolves. Nice price (5,5M), completely off the pundits radar, would be a great differential (0,2% owned) and should be ticking in returns steadily if starting. 0,51npxG/90 and 3rd in total npxG (16,67) in LaLiga last season playing for Celta Vigo fighting relegation the whole season and often playing out wide with Aspas playing up top. 3 assists in 3 games preseason.

Summerville at West Ham could also be a bargain when his price is reveiled (prob. 5,5 mid), 19 goals and 9 assists for Leeds in the Championship last season.

BBD at Southampton, Lindstrom at Everton and ESR (if fit) at Fulham
All great calls. Looking much for differentials myself, as the game is a bit "meh" even if you pick a great template team. I'd have hoped Rico Henry was already featuring in Brentford's pre-season as he'd be a gem for 4.5 with his advanced role. It's a bit of a shame that people have "discovered" how low priced Bailey is compared to his output last season and that he'll be nailed.

My previous option for being differential was to aim for a wildcard around GW4 and then start out with great picks for short teerm. Maybe with 2 x Arsenal defenders, Havertz, etc and save up transfers for the bank. I guess it's still an option, but not sure Havertz will be safe for minutes.

Current/fallback draft: 3-3-2
Forest-goalkeeper (whoever starts)-4.0 fodder
Gvardiol, Trent, White, Burn
Amad/Bobb - Gordon - Salah
Wood - Haaland - Isak

Winks, Harwood/Barco/Greaves, 4.5 mid.

Fiddling around with leaving Salah out and just have a wide squad where I'll have 11 great players for each game. Not solved yet.

Wide squad-draft:

Pope - 4.0
Gabriel - White - Barco - Muñoz - Trent
Bailey - Nkunku - Bobb - Rashford - Gordon
Haaland - Isak - Wood/Muniz

Then book a transfer for gw2 where Gabriel becomes Gvardiol and possibly one more for Rashford in GW3. Not completely sold on it yet as Bobb could block Foden or make him achievable only by using 3 transfers for instance, but it seems there'll be plenty of options/value in the 6.5 range this year. A wide squad just makes it hard to get Salah, Palmer, but I guess the wildcard is an easier option this year with the 5 transfers itb.

Nice bit of stat there, might not be so bad a game after all.

Eze and Muños are heavily featured in all FPL youtubers squads, but I'm a bit on the fence whether Palace will be continuing the same form or if it's the "new manager"-effect. Happens all the time with similar sides.

All great calls. Looking much for differentials myself, as the game is a bit "meh" even if you pick a great template team. I'd have hoped Rico Henry was already featuring in Brentford's pre-season as he'd be a gem for 4.5 with his advanced role. It's a bit of a shame that people have "discovered" how low priced Bailey is compared to his output last season and that he'll be nailed.

My previous option for being differential was to aim for a wildcard around GW4 and then start out with great picks for short teerm. Maybe with 2 x Arsenal defenders, Havertz, etc and save up transfers for the bank. I guess it's still an option, but not sure Havertz will be safe for minutes.

Current/fallback draft: 3-3-2
Forest-goalkeeper (whoever starts)-4.0 fodder
Gvardiol, Trent, White, Burn
Amad/Bobb - Gordon - Salah
Wood - Haaland - Isak

Winks, Harwood/Barco/Greaves, 4.5 mid.

Fiddling around with leaving Salah out and just have a wide squad where I'll have 11 great players for each game. Not solved yet.

Wide squad-draft:

Pope - 4.0
Gabriel - White - Barco - Muñoz - Trent
Bailey - Nkunku - Bobb - Rashford - Gordon
Haaland - Isak - Wood/Muniz

Then book a transfer for gw2 where Gabriel becomes Gvardiol and possibly one more for Rashford in GW3. Not completely sold on it yet as Bobb could block Foden or make him achievable only by using 3 transfers for instance, but it seems there'll be plenty of options/value in the 6.5 range this year. A wide squad just makes it hard to get Salah, Palmer, but I guess the wildcard is an easier option this year with the 5 transfers itb.
I really like the pricing this season because it eliminates a very strong template.
Going with two premiums like me makes it hard to manuever between different price brackets without shifting one of Salah/Haaland, so as long as I keep them I'm married to the price brackets I'm currently in. I 'm ok with that for now. Your second draft is definitely more flexible than my current draft and your first (could be fixed by downgrading one of the 3 premium defenders).
In general they're both fine, but I like your second draft best. Having to play Burn and Amad/Bobb with nothing on the bench seems a bit weak, but might still work.

-----------------------Sanchez
Saliba - Van de Ven - Gvardiol - Munoz
---------Rashford - Palmer - Saka
-----------Isak - Haaland - Pedro

First attempt at lunchtime.
Any quick thoughts?

I really like the pricing this season because it eliminates a very strong template.
Going with two premiums like me makes it hard to manuever between different price brackets without shifting one of Salah/Haaland, so as long as I keep them I'm married to the price brackets I'm currently in. I 'm ok with that for now. Your second draft is definitely more flexible than my current draft and your first (could be fixed by downgrading one of the 3 premium defenders).
In general they're both fine, but I like your second draft best. Having to play Burn and Amad/Bobb with nothing on the bench seems a bit weak, but might still work.
I totally agree with draft 1. It'd work for maybe the 2 first GWs and then I'll be screwed in GW3 waiting to jump from Wood to Joao Pedro and upgrade one of them to a 5.5 or a defender.
Not the best option in the World and I'd lose out on Nkunku or Bailey if they start out well. Or I just sacrifice Salah when Liverpool play Man Utd and spread out the money.