Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

WC locked in.

Flekken (Fabianski)
Gabriel TAA Colwill (Guéhi, Greaves)
Mbuemo Semenyo Diaz Saka (Dibling)
Watkins Haaland Wood

Feels strange only having one City asset in there but who knows how they’ll fair defensively without Rodri.

I played around with Dibling too essentially it meant I could have 3 premium defence and Raya. He’s a nice player but he’s in such a shite side I was too hesitant and couldn’t see what the extra £1m could do at the moment .

I’ve kept ESR as the back up whose performances have gotten me value above all others around his range.

Looks like we had a lot of similar thoughts based off that and the post with your team in it!

I'm not 100% sold on Lewis but had Robinson in there from the start. For 0.1 more vs Robinson's sale price it was sort of a no-brainer if I'm going to run with a better bench. Terrified of Pep roulette and told myself to only have Haaland from City if I can help it.

My Ideal would have been Raya in goal, 2 x Liverpool defenders (because Konate is relatively cheap), 1 Arsenal defender, cheaper bench. Got the defenders, just no Raya for now.

If Lewis stays in, especially if it's in midfield then there's an argument to perhaps sell Konate at some point, move towards that cheap bench and end up with something even more like you have with Raya in goal. Can't be selling TAA or Gabriel!

Last edited:
Sanchez, (Muric)
Saliba, Gabriel, Robertson, (VDB), (Greaves)
Saka, Mbuemo, Palmer, Rogers, Semenyo
Haaland, Wood, (Raul)

Which of those lovely premiums gets the captaincy? That's exactly right: none of them. I'm betting it all on Mbuemo today. Gulp.

High risk but potentially very high reward as not many will have Mbuemo captained. The sort of move that can send you top of your ML if it pays off, assuming you’re not top already. I was considering putting it on Saka or Watkins but the couple of times I did take it off Haaland I’ve regretted it, no doubt this will be the time I should’ve. :lol:

High risk but potentially very high reward as not many will have Mbuemo captained. The sort of move that can send you top of your ML if it pays off, assuming you’re not top already. I was considering putting it on Saka or Watkins but the couple of times I did take it off Haaland I’ve regretted it, no doubt this will be the time I should’ve. :lol:
It does leave you in the weird position of being terrified of Haaland doing something despite having him on your team :lol:

Sanchez, (Muric)
Saliba, Gabriel, Robertson, (VDB), (Greaves)
Saka, Mbuemo, Palmer, Rogers, Semenyo
Haaland, Wood, (Raul)

Which of those lovely premiums gets the captaincy? That's exactly right: none of them. I'm betting it all on Mbuemo today. Gulp.
I was very close to going for Mbeumo captain too but chickened out and stuck with Salah. Best of luck!

Looks like we had a lot of similar thoughts based off that and the post with your team in it!

I'm not 100% sold on Lewis but had Robinson in there from the start. For 0.1 more vs Robinson's sale price it was sort of a no-brainer if I'm going to run with a better bench. Terrified of Pep roulette and told myself to only have Haaland from City if I can help it.

My Ideal would have been Raya in goal, 2 x Liverpool defenders (because Konate is relatively cheap), 1 Arsenal defender, cheaper bench. Got the defenders, just no Raya for now.

If Lewis stays in, especially if it's in midfield then there's an argument to perhaps sell Konate at some point, move towards that cheap bench and end up with something even more like you have with Raya in goal. Can't be selling TAA or Gabriel!
Funnily enough I was rotating on the wildcard my back line between De Ligt, Konate, Van Dijk, Robertson and Lewis. Dalot even was considered.

My hesitation to go triple Liverpool though was if I wanted Salah at a later point I couldn’t also keep Diaz/other defender and so that would be potentially 2 transfers for him.

I moved really early on players I knew were rising in price to give me as much team value as possible in this line up.

I think it’s £101.8m worth of players which even if the WC fails is enough to recover and pivot to most other players.

Most expensive GK for the long haul (might lose out this GW for that) but never worrying about rotation going forward.

Most expensive DEF who has high chance of CS or assist (and subbed off at 60 means increased CS% chance, with goal threat CB, and midfield playing defender in the best team in the league.

3rd most expensive MID with best fixtures (and has 2 back to back 200+ point seasons) with Diaz covering Salah, and nice options at good prices.

Most expensive FWD (unstoppable) with high priced Jackson (easy to pivot to Solanke if he starts scoring but he’s without Son this week so want more data) then DCL as set piece threat for team getting Branthwaite back and McNeil ahead of De Brunye for xA.

I think I’ve maximised value while taking sensible risks.

Ofcourse Gvardiol scores after everyone sells him. The legacy of FPL. :lol:

Don't have Gvardiol, but surprised so many who did sold him given their fixture run. Was it just to get Arsenal defenders in or were there minutes doubts?

I never really considered Gvardiol once Rodri was injured as I naively thought they’d have the back 4 be defensive and allow Lewis into midfield.

Well played to anyone who kept him or transferred him in.

Don't have Gvardiol, but surprised so many who did sold him given their fixture run. Was it just to get Arsenal defenders in or were there minutes doubts?
I wouldn’t have been desperate to sell him but there were better cheaper punts.

It was Rodri. Gvardiol made sense if walker started and they had that left wing outlet with him. But post Rodri it was a bit random and we didn't know if Gvardiol was going to be more defensive. Plus Rico is 4.7m and seemed solid for minutes pre Rodri.

It was Rodri. Gvardiol made sense if walker started and they had that left wing outlet with him. But post Rodri it was a bit random and we didn't know if Gvardiol was going to be more defensive. Plus Rico is 4.7m and seemed solid for minutes pre Rodri.
Especially given Pep could easily move Grealish out and put Doku or Savio as the width holder etc.

Too many variables to consider bringing him in.

I never really considered Gvardiol once Rodri was injured as I naively thought they’d have the back 4 be defensive and allow Lewis into midfield.

Well played to anyone who kept him or transferred him in.
I reserve the right to bitch about having got rid of Gvardiol, but realistically I had room for either a Liverpool defender or a City defender, and there was only ever gonna be one winner based on the available information.

Therefore the Gvardiol holders didn't really beat me...somehow...

Sold him after week 4 for Konate.

3 clean sheets for Liverpool vs 1 for City
Lewis had become the full back given licence to attack with Gvardiol holding more
Konate £1 million cheaper
Gvardiol only getting 45 minutes in week 4

With Rodri's injury, Lewis potentially shifting into midfield long-term and Walker at right back, Gvardiol suddenly looks a lot better. Gvardiol will likely be the full back allowed to attack, Walker staying back more.

I say that, but you can still have Lewis for £1.2m cheaper.

And ofcourse Raya starts. Arteta blatantly spouts some shit. Seen it time and again in the previous seasons with Saka.

Philip Walter is going to harm Haaland's numbers by using him as a space creator object within the box, instead of being the guy to pass to...

Yes. I read earlier that only West Ham have conceded more shots on their goal than Newcastle (I can't remember the sample size - it might be for a longer period than just this season). There's every chance Haaland bags another hat trick tomorrow. A Diaz haul isn't as likely.

I really need to stop coming on here on a Saturday morning and letting stuff like this change my mind on decisions :lol: