Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Liverpool away to bottom of the league Wolves, who shipped 6 to Chelsea.
Salah averaging 10 points a game yet relative bust last 2.

Haaland tougher game away at Newc who are perceived to have had a crap start but have won 3 out of 5 and only lost 1, but is averaging 12 points a game....

Close one
I'll go Haaland. I went Salah captain at home vs Bournemouth ahead of Haaland at home vs Arsenal and Haaland still outscored him.

Salah is a sensible choice but I've tried and been burned a couple times this season by looking at Haaland's tougher fixture and putting the captain elsewhere.

I'll go Haaland. I went Salah captain at home vs Bournemouth ahead of Haaland at home vs Arsenal and Haaland still outscored him.

Salah is a sensible choice but I've tried and been burned a couple times this season by looking at Haaland's tougher fixture and putting the captain elsewhere.
I read someone say Haaland tends to get City's spoils, whilst Liverpool share them. That seems good logic.

Just we could all be stewing on here by 3pm cursing not going Salah, though like you my one captain fail was the Salah apparent banker v Bourne

Saka, Haaland or Salah is the question for the big C.

Currently on Saka but thinking of moving it to Haaland. But Salah could destroy wolves.

I read someone say Haaland tends to get City's spoils, whilst Liverpool share them. That seems good logic.

Just we could all be stewing on here by 3pm cursing not going Salah, though like you my one captain fail was the Salah apparent banker v Bourne
Salah isn't that highly owned so him hauling even without captaincy is good enough.

Salah isn't that highly owned so him hauling even without captaincy is good enough.
It's mad. He hit about 40 points in the first 3 games looking unplayable then for 2 easy homes hit next to nothing.

Difficult one. Newcastle away is never easy but this is City, although they're now without KDB and Rodri

Mbuemo captaincy is tempting me... might be lunacy, but he has a good record against West Ham, who have been bad at (among other things) set pieces.

Could be lunacy, but I don't have a good feeling about Haaland v Newcastle.

Raya has travelled with the squad.
Ahh, not that one!! I dont have him.:lol:

I was looking for Newcastle/City leaks. Pulled the trigger on Isak anyways. Replaced him with Havertz.

Good luck all!

Still playing with WC drafts last minute, this the latest draft

Sanchez, Fab
TAA, Gabriel, Konate, Lewis, Greaves
Saka, Diaz, Mbeumo, Rogers, Dibling
Haaland, Jackson, Solanke

FPL Focal reckons Lewis starts. No idea where he's got the info from though.

Raya
Trent Gabriel Saliba Lewis Greaves
Diaz Mbeumo Semenyo ESR Rogers
Haaland Watkins Jackson

£0.3m in bank.

Not sure I want to change anything drastically to get Saka in.
So I had a mad morning…..

Raya I got told wasn’t travelling and wasn’t training so shipped him out to Flekken.

Then my mate put on our chat that he was travelling with ~45 seconds to deadline

Ended on:

Raya
Trent Gabriel Lewis
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Semenyo
Haaland (C) Jackson DCL

Bench:
Fabianski, ESR, Mykolenko, Greaves

My rationale is that I think Saka could score today. If he does it’s worth more than a Watkins goal. I also think Arsenal could clean sheet so worst case scenario Saka more likely to get a 3 pointer than Watkins getting a 2.

I didn’t want to lose Jackson for Solanke just yet (he’s my 2 week punt) so took Saliba out and put Lewis as playing option (as he was confirmed starting).

I’m happy to gamble on City CS or Lewis involvement higher up the pitch now.

If it all goes to cock then I’ll sell ESR down to Dibling and then get Saliba/Van Dijk/ De Ligt/ Dalot and play around.

Literally had 3 planned teams depending on Raya, Lewis and midweek games.

Final WC cut and team. Raya-less. Maybe after they play Chelsea in about 6 weeks if he's not 8.9m by then. Sanchez for a couple of weeks, maybe Sels after that.

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Konate
Saka, Diaz, Mbeumo, Rogers
Haaland (C), Jackson, Wood

Fab, ESR, Lewis, Greaves

Was hoping to build a great XI and dirt cheap bench ideally. Couldn't settle on anything so here we are with an actual ok bench.

Good luck!

Final WC cut and team. Raya-less. Maybe after they play Chelsea in about 6 weeks if he's not 8.9m by then.

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Konate

Fab, ESR, Lewis, Greaves

Was hoping to build a great XI and dirt cheap bench ideally. Couldn't settle on anything so here we are with an actual ok bench.

Good luck!
How much cash you got left?

All 3 FTs used. Pedro P, Jota and J Pedro > Gabriel, Mbuemo, Strand Larsen.

Raya
TAA - Gabriel - Maz
Palmer - Saka - Mbuemo - ESR - Rogers
Haaland (c) - Wood

Konsa - Strand Larsen - Bellis​

102m. 0 ITB.

Ideally want to roll for a while. Maybe Palmer to Foden down the road. WC around the hectic December fixtures when early WC'ers hopefully are down to bare bones.

Raya I got told wasn’t travelling and wasn’t training so shipped him out to Flekken.

Then my mate put on our chat that he was travelling with ~45 seconds to deadline

Ended on:

Raya
Trent Gabriel Lewis
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Semenyo
Haaland (C) Jackson DCL

Bench:

My rationale is that I think Saka could score today. If he does it’s worth more than a Watkins goal. I also think Arsenal could clean sheet so worst case scenario Saka more likely to get a 3 pointer than Watkins getting a 2.

I didn’t want to lose Jackson for Solanke just yet (he’s my 2 week punt) so took Saliba out and put Lewis as playing option (as he was confirmed starting).

If it all goes to cock then I’ll sell ESR down to Dibling and then get Saliba/Van Dijk/ De Ligt/ Dalot and play around.

Looks good right not but probably one or two punts too many for my liking. Lewis, DIaz, Jackson all could be benched any given week. For that reason I wouldn't sell a sure starter like ESR for some cheap 2 pointer.

Raya
TAA - Gabriel - Maz
Haaland (c) - Wood

102m. 0 ITB.

Ideally want to roll for a while. Maybe Palmer to Foden down the road. WC around the hectic December fixtures when early WC'ers hopefully are down to bare bones.
Maz over Konsa (v Ips)? Very loyal :+1:

Raya
TAA - Gabriel - Maz
Haaland (c) - Wood

102m. 0 ITB.

I really like this in both short and long term.

If you had an extra 0.1 idve said punt for Lewis with Rodri out I think he’ll be more and more involved.

I can’t see where you get a much better option than what you have with the Palmer/Saka combo.

How much cash you got left?

Wood was last minute paying his price rise, bit annoyed about that or it would be 0.5. Had DCL pencilled in all week, jumping before he went up last Saturday night but at the end of the day Wood is a more consistent goalscorer. Just like DCL he has good fixtures.

Really wanted to build something around a Dibling, Greaves Mykolenko bench if I could, locking into a 3-4-3 but kept second guessing myself on midfiedlers and forwards.

Looks good right not but probably one or two punts too many for my liking. Lewis, DIaz, Jackson all could be benched any given week. For that reason I wouldn't sell a sure starter like ESR for some cheap 2 pointer.
Yeah I’ve still got 2 FTs for future but I’m also comfortable with the fixture rotations going forward.

Diaz I think is worth the risk as even if he comes on later against tired defences he’s good value compared to Salah for 4.6m more?

I just can’t justify Salah due to the impact it has everywhere else in the team.

Final WC cut and team. Raya-less. Maybe after they play Chelsea in about 6 weeks if he's not 8.9m by then. Sanchez for a couple of weeks, maybe Sels after that.

Sanchez
TAA, Gabriel, Konate

Fab, ESR, Lewis, Greaves

Good luck!
Nice on. I ended up Raya less too. Good luck all!

Wood was last minute paying his price rise, bit annoyed about that or it would be 0.5. Had DCL pencilled in all week, jumping before he went up last Saturday night but at the end of the day Wood is a more consistent goalscorer. Just like DCL he has good fixtures.

Really wanted to build something around a Dibling, Greaves Mykolenko bench if I could, locking into a 3-4-3 but kept second guessing myself on midfiedlers and forwards.
I played around with Dibling too essentially it meant I could have 3 premium defence and Raya. He’s a nice player but he’s in such a shite side I was too hesitant and couldn’t see what the extra £1m could do at the moment .

I’ve kept ESR as the back up whose performances have gotten me value above all others around his range.

Ended on:

Raya
Trent Gabriel Lewis
Saka Diaz Mbeumo Semenyo
Haaland (C) Jackson DCL

Bench:

Near identical to my first XI this gameweek, but I have Rogers in, and Solanke instead of Jackson (who is on the bench).

Good side, with depth going forward. I will plan to get Lewis cover in two weeks with Mazraoui and just rotate between the two in playing the fixtures. That said I don't know how good their rotation is.

I've parked 0.5m to fund diaz to Bruno after two games. Part of me wanted to have a pair of balls to just do it now. As shit as Bruno is he is superb on the data and loves a bit of Spurs at OT.

Im fecking regretting it already.

Yeah I’ve still got 2 FTs for future but I’m also comfortable with the fixture rotations going forward.

Diaz I think is worth the risk as even if he comes on later against tired defences he’s good value compared to Salah for 4.6m more?

I just can’t justify Salah due to the impact it has everywhere else in the team.
Oh yeah forgot the saved FT thing after WCs. Makes it more enticing to go for a punt or two on WC.

Diaz over Salah for sure. The latter has benefited a lot from no summer tournament, mostly one game per week and Chiesa needing time. Think his minutes and form will regress through the autumn.

Near identical to my first XI this gameweek, but I have Rogers in, and Solanke instead of Jackson (who is on the bench).

Good side, with depth going forward. I will plan to get Lewis cover in two weeks with Mazraoui and just rotate between the two in playing the fixtures. That said I don't know how good their rotation is.

I've parked 0.5m to fund diaz to Bruno after two games. Part of me wanted to have a pair of balls to just do it now. As shit as Bruno is he is superb on the data and loves a bit of Spurs at OT.

Im fecking regretting it already.
I’m taking the gamble against Villa over these next two fixtures by moving Saka + Jackson over Watkins + Rogers essentially.

I’m hoping Jackson being rested midweek is with this GW in mind. I feel he’ll have chances sent his way.

Bruno has brilliant xGi but it’s weighted heavily towards assists. I also think I’d rather now wait for Foden to be fully fit.

My regret this week will be if Watkins/Rogers return heavily vs Jackson/Saka

I just felt the triple Arsenal defence ended up being too overkill and one goal wipes out a lot of points.

Sanchez, (Muric)
Saliba, Gabriel, Robertson, (VDB), (Greaves)
Saka, Mbuemo, Palmer, Rogers, Semenyo
Haaland, Wood, (Raul)

Which of those lovely premiums gets the captaincy? That's exactly right: none of them. I'm betting it all on Mbuemo today. Gulp.

Oh yeah forgot the saved FT thing after WCs. Makes it more enticing to go for a punt or two on WC.

Diaz over Salah for sure. The latter has benefited a lot from no summer tournament, mostly one game per week and Chiesa needing time. Think his minutes and form will regress through the autumn.
So the hope is that I get two better weeks out of Jackson than a Watkins/Solanke then I can pivot from him to either upgrade midfield or Solanke.

It means I can take the punt on Semenyo and have value and an escape route.

I also realised by not having someone like Saka in midfield I had a fair bit of value in strikers and defence making it hard to move to a premium midfielder if they start hitting purple patches. Someone on here made me start thinking about it more