Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

From the BBC:

Cole Palmer has now scored three Premier League hat-tricks, the joint-most of any Chelsea player in the competition's history - level with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink, Didier Drogba and Frank Lampard

That seems unbelievable considering the players Chelsea have had in the PL era.
He’s too stupid to feel pressure.

He’s an immense and talented footballer.

Saka deserves 2 GWs but then I think Palmer might be the budget Salah
Precisely why I have Palmer in my team. The only regret is not captaining him today after captaining him last week. Class player who takes penalties and free kicks too apparently.

This was the best triple captain opportunity of probably the whole season, right? And I missed it

It’s what he does and you’ve got to be prepared for huge games like this from Palmer. He’s capable of monster hauls. You’ll get a few stinkers in there but when he bangs it really pays off. Saka is consistent but I’m starting to wonder if I made the wrong choice with Palmer out instead of Saka.

Palmer's upcoming fixtures: Forest, Liverpool, Newcastle, United, Arsenal.

Selling Palmer made sense. Sometimes you just get unlucky, and Palmer spiking four goals in the week people were wildcarding to bring Arsenal players in for much better fixtures is definitely unlucky.

Oh Palmer was the captain this week. I went early with captaining him last week. :(
In hindsight the early sub was a blessing for us cappers. Didn't blank and got off before destroying tired WH legs and content creators pushing him on the WC bandwagon all week.

This was the best triple captain opportunity of probably the whole season, right? And I missed it
Never. Best triple captain is always on the double game weeks. Or on the very very rare occasion the triple gameweek which last appeared a few years ago.

Palmer's upcoming fixtures: Forest, Liverpool, Newcastle, United, Arsenal.

Selling Palmer made sense. Sometimes you just get unlucky, and Palmer spiking four goals in the week people were wildcarding to bring Arsenal players in for much better fixtures is definitely unlucky.

He's a 3 week punt for me and will be coming out before the Liverpool game most likely. Who I go to after Arsenals nice run has ended though is a weird one. Maybe Foden if he's nailed by then.

In hindsight the early sub was a blessing for us cappers. Didn't blank and got off before destroying tired WH legs and content creators pushing him on the WC bandwagon all week.
Fair point. West Ham got off lucky with how terrible they were in that game. Palmer's ownership would have soared if he had this haul in that game. :lol:

I think I'll just stick with Palmer through the difficult fixtures. I bought him at 10.5 and imagine his price will rise to 10.7 or 10.8. Not worth losing the squad value for the sake of potentially a few extra points over 4 weeks. I seem him as a mainstay.

thought my zero points of any note and Haaland cap was bad til reading this. That is dreadful luck
Was dumb really. I never take my own advice. Trouble with Arsenal is you never know where the goals are going to come from. Easier to say with City, Chelsea and Liverpool. He'll have to come back in a few weeks and hope that he doesn't have any more mental ones like today.

Arsenal scored two and no involvement from either Saka or Havertz. Great.

That guy who writes the articles for BBC must be happy for suggesting Martinelli. I was so close to doing Jota to Martinelli but instead went with Isak to Havertz.

I think I'll just stick with Palmer through the difficult fixtures. I bought him at 10.5 and imagine his price will rise to 10.7 or 10.8. Not worth losing the squad value for the sake of potentially a few extra points over 4 weeks. I seem him as a mainstay.

He's definitely keepable, especially as we know he won't play European fixtures so rotation shouldn't be an issue.

You just have to accept going without whichever of Haaland, Salah, Saka, etc. you don't have instead, aware that they have the better fixtures and are also in form.

Can't have everyone.

feck me, taking the captaincy off Palmer giving it to Diaz as a gamble has worked brilliantly :lol:

It never even crossed my mind to captain Palmer this weekend so I can't really regret not doing so. Just shocked and delighted with that haul!

Arsenal scored two and no involvement from either Saka or Havertz. Great.

That guy who writes the articles for BBC must be happy for suggesting Martinelli. I was so close to doing Jota to Martinelli but instead went with Isak to Havertz.
Martinelli was the only other Arsenal attacker I considered as he’s a goal threat.

But went like a sheep with Saka.

Who else is currently trying to work Palmer into their freshly wildcarded team?

Desperately need either Brighton to score or Palmer to grab another quickly. At 4-2 can see this manager subbing him off before 60.

Martinelli was the only other Arsenal attacker I considered as he’s a goal threat.

But went like a sheep with Saka.
Already had Saka so was considering the other two transfers. Looks like I went with the wrong one now. :(