Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Rail Jimenez seems to have played his way into the starting XI for Fulham for the foreseeable. Started the last 2 games and scored in both. But fair dos about not wanting to take another hit. The Pedro panic has had me hit the WC button so I feel the headache with you!

Edit: Should've mentioned, he's 5.4
Fulham don’t have the fixtures. Their first 5 were good. It’s gets harder for them now and he is older so rotation will be an issue week to week.

Mbuemo won’t fire this week. He scores like other week and we all know what when you’re one of the biggest transfers in for the week.

Fulham don’t have the fixtures. Their first 5 were good. It’s gets harder for them now and he is older so rotation will be an issue week to week.
Only other one I can think of is Vardy, who is the only CF at Leicester, who do have the fixtures once Arsenal are out of the way. Arsenal, who Vardy loves scoring against (11 in 16).

Only other one I can think of is Vardy, who is the only CF at Leicester, who do have the fixtures once Arsenal are out of the way. Arsenal, who Vardy loves scoring against (11 in 16).
He is 5.7. I have zilch in the bank haha.

Yeah he seems to tick along which is all you want from someone in that price range really as you'll never captain him.

Speaking of which I'm currently on Salah captain. Gut feeling.

Difficult week.

Saka home to Leicester should be a strong captaincy choice, but never really trust him as cap.
Wolves got smashed by Chelsea and Liverpool are in goal mad form.
Man City not only the early game (albeit just superstition not captaining in this one), but Newcastle away could be a hard game.

Well feck the Pedro injury is a headache. I guess I’m playing with 10 this week. Already took a -4 and I do not want to take another hit. Plus I got 0 in the bank so no viable option for 5.6 or below.
Ahh Pedro.

Should have known this guy would be a bust, not playing as a striker, being rotated and always gets these niggles too.
Was seduced in by the noise around him, the early goals and that plum Ipswich H fixture, which he obviously missed : :lol:

Will weigh up whether to take a -4 or not. But I don't need him to start this week.
It does leave me down to Winks if there's any surprises with the rest of the line-up though.

Good to go?

Sanchez
Saliba TAA Konsa Mazaroui
Saka ESR Salah Rogers
Haaland Wood

Hendo & Winks

Pedro injured
Barco loaned out of the league

Made my 2 freebies.

Think i can probably deal with Pedro next week as he wouldn't start this. And gamble on Winks covering anyone who doesn't play unexpectedly.

He is 5.7. I have zilch in the bank haha.
Ah damn, thought Pedro was 5.7!

There are a few players who'll definitely get you more than 0 points in the next couple of weeks, but like you said, a -8 isn't pretty.

Ah damn, thought Pedro was 5.7!

There are a few players who'll definitely get you more than 0 points in the next couple of weeks, but like you said, a -8 isn't pretty.
Yeah he dropped this week to 5.6 and by the looks of it he will drop again before this weekend begins.

Yeah he dropped this week to 5.6 and by the looks of it he will drop again before this weekend begins.
Gonna be a tight one.

DCL is 6m and Pedro is 5.6 and I have 0.4m

DCL is only at about 20% to rise and Pedro 40% to drop, so will have to monitor these and make a judgement of whether to take a -4 as DCL's fixture run coming up looks promising.

Gonna be a tight one.

DCL is 6m and Pedro is 5.6 and I have 0.4m

DCL is only at about 20% to rise and Pedro 40% to drop, so will have to monitor these and make a judgement of whether to take a -4 as DCL's fixture run coming up looks promising.
If you’re going to make the change anyway then I would say do it. If Pedro is back next week I’m happy to take a 0.1 loss to keep him cause he is a good option when he starts.

When i didn't have Salah, he recorded 3 hauls. Since having him, 1 assist from 2 low end opponent home games.

He's just one of those. Could utterly spank you, but then because you'll very rarely captain him over Haaland, could probably loosen up some value if Diaz shows signs of holding his form.

However, as we've seen with Jota, you can easily see either rotated and suddenly you're missing Liverpool attack coverage.

Saka is assisting each game, but doesn't seem to get as many hauls as you'd like.

I agree, Salah will presumably end up with the 2nd most points total after Haaland if I had to guess, but the 2.8m difference is just way too big for me. Saka + Trent costs as much Salah + Mykolenko right now, just to put it in perspective.

I made the switch to Saka this gameweek as part of my wildcard.

So Salah hat-trick incoming vs Wolves is what you're saying?

Last edited:
I agree, Salah will presumably end up with the 2nd most points total after Haaland if I had to guess, but the 2.8m difference is just way too big for me. Saka + Trent costs as much Salah + Mykolenko right now, just to put it in perspective.

So Salah hat-trick incoming vs Wolves is what you're saying?
Salah hatrick really would be a kick in the teeth.

What do people think of Muric?

At £4.4m, he must be the cheapest starting goalkeeper in the game. Had a great haul against Brighton where 6 saves and a CS won him 11 points. Plus Ipswich have good fixtures from here to GW16.

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to start with him every week, but on my WC I'm considering using him to cover Sanchez's more difficult fixtures.

Went for Ndiaye for Pedro in the end. Everton's fixtures ease up and I expect them to get some momentum. He can rotate with ESR until I have some FTs to do something else.

Anyone know what the actual rule is on injury locking a player's value?
I.e. why isn't Pedro locked but Solanke was?

Was Solanke because he had moved club too? Or some madness.
Price changes very hit and miss this season.
Saka and Wood looked definite candidates on fpl price changes but didn't move.

I think it’s not locked if only doubtful but I could be wrong

Isn't it when they are declared 100% fit after an injury that they get locked? They can drop whilst injured and as far as I know they aren't and have never been locked for an injury.

The Solanke one is a special case anyway as it's fairly obvious they manipulated that to prevent him dropping below £7.5m

Haven't been following FPL this week, so I've missed out getting in before the price rises/drops.

Still have the budget to do Pedro to Havertz and Robertson to Gabriel, so I'll still make those changes once I catch up on Arteta's press conference.

Am I the only one who feels like Salah isn't worth it? Especially over Saka who plays in a much better team. Yes, the Egyptian is the better player, but if Arsenal get to 90+ pts in the league with Saka running their attack like he has been for several seasons now, he'll get close to Salah in G/A, because I don't think Liverpool will even be 10 points within Arsenal by the end of the season. He probably won't surpass him but he'll get close and that extra 2.8m is a lot that you can allocate elsewhere.

Nah, I think that's fair.

Where Salah would have the edge over Saka is captaincy, as he typically has more potential to hit big scores in individual gameweeks. But given Haaland's form and upcoming run of fixtures, captaincy is a non-factor for the next while. And without captaincy I'd sooner spread the funds.

If/when we start looking for alternative captain options again, Salah becomes more valuable.

Nah, I think that's fair.

Where Salah would have the edge over Saka is captaincy, as he typically has more potential to hit big scores in individual gameweeks. But given Haaland's form and upcoming run of fixtures, captaincy is a non-factor for the next while. And without captaincy I'd sooner spread the funds.

If/when we start looking for alternative captain options again, Salah becomes more valuable.

Salah is out of my plans for now.

TAA + ESR or Konate + Mbeumo (and 1m ITB)? Only doubt left in the WC squad for now.

Flekken Sels
TAA Gabriel Konsa Lewis Van den Berg
Rogers Semenyo Saka ESR Diaz
Haaland Havertz Wood

FFS. This dude just keeps costing me. :annoyed:

Might just have to take the value hit and sell him...Is he close to another drop tonight ?

That template Isak, Solanke, Haaland front 3 quickly eroded didn't it!

What do people think of Muric?

At £4.4m, he must be the cheapest starting goalkeeper in the game. Had a great haul against Brighton where 6 saves and a CS won him 11 points. Plus Ipswich have good fixtures from here to GW16.

I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to start with him every week, but on my WC I'm considering using him to cover Sanchez's more difficult fixtures.
Id analyze how many saves he’s making because I dont think we’ll see a lot of clean sheets from him.

That template Isak, Solanke, Haaland front 3 quickly eroded didn't it!
Yup. Was keen on that myself and looked good on paper but kind of glad I didn't went for Solanke at that time as he was injured right away. It's a wonder how he didn't drop in price at all while Isak keeps falling all the time.

I might have to make a decision on Isak. If he's close to dropping in value again, I'll have to make the transfer tonight. If not, I'll probably wait till the deadline tomorrow and seeing as they are the early kickoff tomorrow, we might get some leaks.

Would also be extremely rare these days. Cant remember it happening for around 3 years. Guy usually does a stable 1 goal and in some cases 2.
Easily capable of two assists and a goal on any given gameweek though

Before the season started it seemed like getting Haaland and Salah in your team was impossible without the rest of the team being very low-quality.

But now I'm seeing lots of really good teams with both Haaland and Salah. Including from some people above me in my leagues.

And I have used my wildcard, so I suspect I'm largely fecked.

You sure about Diaz? Gakpo's playing well and Diaz is overperforming on xG a bit. Seems like a significant rotation risk.

Before the season started it seemed like getting Haaland and Salah in your team was impossible without the rest of the team being very low-quality.

But now I'm seeing lots of really good teams with both Haaland and Salah. Including from some people above me in my leagues.

And I have used my wildcard, so I suspect I'm largely fecked.

I played my WC this week and got rid of Salah so /shrug. I think the balanced team will work fine. It mostly comes down to captaincy and if you have Saka + Haaland and have the arm band on them for the forseeable future, Salah's value drops.

Crap. Missed the Gvardiol drop last night.

Saliba, Gvardiol --- > Gabriel, Saliba for a -4
or
Saliba, Gvardiol -----> Saliba, Porro for a -4

Should I do either of this?