Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

Went for WC. So far going with:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
TAA Gabriel Lewis (Greaves Faes)
Saka Bowen Mbeumo Rogers (Winks)
Haaland Watkins Solanke

Have very little dilemmas here. Maybe a small one re Lewis but I reckon he will get good minutes now with Rodri out.

Strong team.

Minor point but I'd definitely go for Dibbling rather than Winks as the 4.5 mid. You're never going to willingly play Winks anyway, so might as well take a punt on the much-hyped kid just in case there's upside there.

Strong team.

Minor point but I'd definitely go for Dibbling rather than Winks as the 4.5 mid. You're never going to willingly play Winks anyway, so might as well take a punt on the much-hyped kid just in case there's upside there.
Good point. Yeah I’d bury Winks as my third bench player so may as well take Dibling and maybe he will pop.

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Haaland Watkins Solanke

Have very little dilemmas here. Maybe a small one re Lewis but I reckon he will get good minutes now with Rodri out.
Only problem is depth. Lewis is not nailed and then you have 3 2 pointers coming in.

Only problem is depth. Lewis is not nailed and then you have 3 2 pointers coming in.
Yeah I usually don't expect much more from defenders anyway. I've already left Konsa with 9, CHO with 7 and Faes with 7 points on the bench this year, I prefer to see them all with 1 and 2 anyway. :lol:

Flekken (Valdimarsson)
Haaland Watkins Solanke

He's only missed the Arsenal game so far (which arguably could mean that he's gonna start the next game), and the second half vs Brentford.

Pep clearly loves the kid, and with it being his 3rd season now at City and him turning 20 soon, it seems like the time to increase his playtime compared to the past two seasons. With Rodri out and Walker being average at best lately, I think Lewis will play a lot in the next 1-2 months.

In a bit of a pickle this week. I had planned to wildcard ahead of GW6 from the start so I could triple up on Arsenal for their kind run and get some players with dicey fixtures out.

But the team I've got has fairly good fixtures this weekend.. save for the fact that literally everyone is playing away from home, which does make me slightly nervous. This is what I've got:

Henderson
TAA--Lewis--Gabriel(transferred in this week)
Jota--Salah--Rogers--ESR
Watkins--Haaland--Pedro

Bench: Matthews, Amad, HWB, Barco

So the question is: stick or twist?

I can either sell Salah and Pedro to bring in Diaz and Havertz.

Or sell Palmer and Konate and go Diaz and Trent. Or keep Konate, sell Robinson and go to Gabriel

If I wait a week and roll it I've got more maneuverability with 3 FTs, but miss Arsenal's easy fixture this week.

Somewhat decent start this season, 899K overall.
Have 1 FT and all the chips at the ready.
My main issue now is Jota. Anyone know why he didn’t play? I’m guessing rotation but if any of you follow Liverpool please share your thoughts on predicted playing time.
I’m trying to be patient this season but if he’s not starting games… I’ll probably go get Mbeumo.

Screenshot-2024-09-25-102338.png

Sitting with this. Still happy. Jota and Porro will keep an eye on.

Raya, ESR, and Semenyo (currently got these), or Flekken, Bowen, and Dibling? I've already got Gabriel in defence. Wondering if the potential upside of Bowen is worth it.

In a bit of a pickle this week. I had planned to wildcard ahead of GW6 from the start so I could triple up on Arsenal for their kind run and get some players with dicey fixtures out.

But the team I've got has fairly good fixtures this weekend.. save for the fact that literally everyone is playing away from home, which does make me slightly nervous. This is what I've got:

Henderson
TAA--Lewis--Gabriel(transferred in this week)
Jota--Salah--Rogers--ESR
Watkins--Haaland--Pedro

Bench: Matthews, Amad, HWB, Barco

So the question is: stick or twist?

I would stick. You do have Haaland, Salah, Gabriel, TAA, Watkins and other in form players you’d want to have on your wc now.
Main players you’ll miss out on are Saka, Palmer and Mbeumo perhaps, but so does 60-70% percent of all fpl players.
That said, if your overall rank is shite I’d definitely wc now and hope for the best! Looking at your team I’d bet you’re at least doing ok

I would stick. You do have Haaland, Salah, Gabriel, TAA, Watkins and other in form players you’d want to have on your wc now.
Main players you’ll miss out on are Saka, Palmer and Mbeumo perhaps, but so does 60-70% percent of all fpl players.
That said, if your overall rank is shite I’d definitely wc now and hope for the best! Looking at your team I’d bet you’re at least doing ok
Cheers mate. I think I will stick based on the fact that half the team would, as you say, still be in on the WC team as it stands. I can get Mbuemo or another Arsenal defender in on next week's FT and hopefully hang onto the chip til GW12. Quite a few teams seem to have really good runs around then.

Wolves and Brighton have piss easy runs from there to Christmas for example, and they ought to be pretty low in value by them.

Watched this the other day, gave me further food for thought on the Wildcard. Nothing too revolutionary, he looks at fixture difficulty seperately from the point of view of defences and attacks. The parts that made me think were where he talks about rotation options, Colwill meshing quite nicely with Maz or Forest defenders the next few weeks for example. Couple of decent fixtures for Colwill next while United have a couple of harder ones then it switches.

I don't tend to go that deep yet.

Don't know who he is, just something I saw on reddit. It was probably him posting it, promoting himself!

On Wildcard and this is what it looks like right now:

Raya (Fabi)
Gabriel, TAA, Moreno (SvdB, Faes)
Saka, Eze, Mbeumo, Semenyo (Rogers)
Haaland(C), Solanke, Jackson

Thoughts?

On Wildcard and this is what it looks like right now:

Raya (Fabi)
Gabriel, TAA, Moreno (SvdB, Faes)
Saka, Eze, Mbeumo, Semenyo (Rogers)
Haaland(C), Solanke, Jackson

Thoughts?

Moreno a worry there for me. Started the last 2 games, hooked at half time at the weekend for tactical reasons. Is he nailed? Then there's relying on a Forest defender even if they have a couple of clean sheets so far when you have relative fodder as backup to him. SvdB far from nailed either, there's that thing Brentford do where they play an extra defender against big teams and that was their last 2 games. He might be out of the lineup again come the weekend.

It could all be inspired though so what do I know? I'd see Moreno as more of a rotation option at this point (4th defender) just in case he's a rotation option himself for Forest.

From a nailedness pov at the same price, and perhaps as many cleanies long term I'd prefer Andersen right now. Less attacking threat though, and again I'd much prefer him as a 4th option than as a starter.

Did you have Faes from the start? If not, maybe a 4.0 instead then grab a 4.5 instead of Moreno? Any money in the bank? Same suggestion.

The rest looks good!

Edit: Other ways to generate funds to beef up that defence:

Downgrade slightly on Eze unless you're really sold on him? Mitoma? Barnes?

Downgrade on Semenyo seeing as you have Rogers who you can safely start a lot of the time anyway? Tavernier, Iwobi, Szoboszlai (5.5), McNeil (5.4), Mavididi (5.3), Adama (5.1), Amad (5.0), Dibling (4.5)? Can even go Rogers > Dibling and keep Semenyo in there.

Downgrade Solanke to Wood, DCL. Welbeck etc?

Last edited:
Moreno a worry there for me. Started the last 2 games, hooked at half time at the weekend for tactical reasons. Is he nailed? Then there's relying on a Forest defender even if they have a couple of clean sheets so far when you have relative fodder as backup to him. SvdB far from nailed either, there's that thing Brentford do where they play an extra defender against big teams and that was their last 2 games. He might be out of the lineup again come the weekend.

It could all be inspired though so what do I know? I'd see Moreno as more of a rotation option at this point (4th defender) just in case he's a rotation option himself for Forest.

From a nailedness pov at the same price, and perhaps as many cleanies long term I'd prefer Andersen right now. Less attacking threat though, and again I'd much prefer him as a 4th option than as a starter.

Did you have Faes from the start? If not, maybe a 4.0 instead then grab a 4.5 instead of Moreno? Any money in the bank? Same suggestion.

The rest looks good!
Yeah! Those are unfortunately the risk I have to take to get the forward cast + TAA and double Arsenal defense. Faes was there from the start, Moreno and Mykolenko the only <4,4M options and that extra 0,1M to choose from the 4,5 pool doesn't co-exist with the premium cast. I think I'm willing to take the risk on rotating Moreno/SvdB and take the L if they both struggle to get into the starting lineups. I really like the rest of the team.

Yeah! Those are unfortunately the risk I have to take to get the forward cast + TAA and double Arsenal defense. Faes was there from the start, Moreno and Mykolenko the only <4,4M options and that extra 0,1M to choose from the 4,5 pool doesn't co-exist with the premium cast. I think I'm willing to take the risk on rotating Moreno/SvdB and take the L if they both struggle to get into the starting lineups. I really like the rest of the team.

Both Moreno and SvdB could prove to be bargains. Even if one of them pay off it would be great value. I like the rest too.

I did go back and it edit in some other suggestions to that post when you were probably in the middle of replying, not sure if you saw them? It does sound like you're really set on this team though, but feel free to have a look at what I put, suggesting downgrades to either Eze, Semenyo or Solanke for the most part to perhaps get a more reliable defence to varying degrees.

Could even go Raya > some other 'keeper I suppose but Raya is awesome! 2 x 4.5 goalies with good rotational fixtures is cheaper than Raya + a 4.0 too.

Last edited:
Watched this the other day, gave me further food for thought on the Wildcard. Nothing too revolutionary, he looks at fixture difficulty seperately from the point of view of defences and attacks. The parts that made me think were where he talks about rotation options, Colwill meshing quite nicely with Maz or Forest defenders the next few weeks for example. Couple of decent fixtures for Colwill next while United have a couple of harder ones then it switches.

I don't tend to go that deep yet.

Don't know who he is, just something I saw on reddit. It was probably him posting it, promoting himself!

That rotation thing is something I’ve looked at more this season, quite simple (which is good for me) … just look at FDR and see which team’s fixtures broadly net off. I WCed a couple of weeks ago and like this guy, have a United and Chelsea defender as apart from when we play each other, there’s one good/ok fixture for either each GW (sometimes two).

Looked at similar for goalies but in the end, funds meant went Sanchez (worked out well ) and fodder. Will change Sanchez in two weeks.

My own WC quandary that's been bugging me for 3 or 4 days now - currently sitting on a midfield of Saka, Diaz, Mbeumo, ESR, Rogers which I really like as a 5. Could well switch ESR > Semenyo too and be very comfortable with that.

Thinking of bringing in Dibling though. First of all it gives me extra cash to play with. A secondary benefit is that it cuts out selection headaches. On a week to week basis I don't know who I'd want to bench out of that lot. Dibling would be an auto sub. Bench and forget.

Thing is, it's massive headache deciding on who to bin off for Dibling if I were to go for him. ESR/Semenyo and Rogers all looking great so far at their prices.

There's even the smallest of small cases to bin off Diaz purely from a rotation risk pov even if he's been amazing, but then that midfield would feel light. Despite the cheaper options producing there's something psychologically unsettling about relying on a 5.8 and a 5.2 every week as starters so that's far from great. Would no doubt spend all the Diaz money elsewhere as well, building an on paper monster forward line leaving me fenced in on cheaper middies until the next wildcard so I think he has to stay.

Edit: Wild new idea - no to Dibling but yes to Saka, Mbeumo, ESR, Semenyo and Rogers! Selection headaches galore and still no Diaz which can hurt but still creates significant funds. There's a little more future upgradeabilty in there too in terms of bringing in a better individual middie at some point, future double transfer of ESR & Semenyo > Dibling & a 6.7 at current prices, or Mbeumo & Semenyo > Dibling & a 8.2 if needing it as examples if I spent every other last penny right now. Hmmmmm. Probably not but fun to contemplate.

Last edited:
I know I know. Knees were jerking.

Swapped Lewis, Eze & Pedro to Gabriel, ESR & Ndiaye.

Had to take the hits or would have got priced out.
Hmmm. Pedro is definitely a turd that needs flushing though I'll probably wait until next week. Terribly short sighted wildcard decision that was.

That rotation thing is something I’ve looked at more this season, quite simple (which is good for me) … just look at FDR and see which team’s fixtures broadly net off. I WCed a couple of weeks ago and like this guy, have a United and Chelsea defender as apart from when we play each other, there’s one good/ok fixture for either each GW (sometimes two).

Looked at similar for goalies but in the end, funds meant went Sanchez (worked out well ) and fodder. Will change Sanchez in two weeks.

Yes, he makes some interesting points. A different way of looking at things than I was doing.

Might be a time to put that into practice too with this possible Raya injury on the wildcard. Sanchez + Onana = same price as Raya + fodder.

Very reactioanary but who doesn't love a good kneejerk? Could just be the one game for Raya if any at all and there may be cheaper options than Onana too who have good rotational fixtures. Flekken and Pickford with decent fixture runs in general upcoming albeit behind shoddy defences, especially for Pickford. Don't have to do the rotation thing either of course.

One thing rotating 2 keepers in Raya's possible absence does is that it ties up funds. Nearly all a downside although one positive about that is it means I'd be guranteed to have the money to easily reach him when fit again (if he is indeed out).

Last edited:
Yes, he makes some interesting points. A different way of looking at things than I was doing.

Might be a time to put that into practice too with this possible Raya injury on the wildcard. Sanchez + Onana = same price as Raya + fodder.

Very reactioanary but who doesn't love a good kneejerk? Could just be the one game for Raya if any at all and there may be cheaper options than Onana too who have good rotational fixtures. Flekken and Pickford with decent fixture runs in general upcoming if forgetting about rotating albeit behind shoddy defences, especially for Pickford. Don't have to do the rotation thing either of course.

One thing rotating 2 keepers in Raya's possible absence does is that it ties up funds. Nearly all a downside although one positive about that is it means I'd be guranteed to have the money to easily reach him when fit again (if he is indeed out).
Or Sanchez and Sels? .. depending on your outlook for United and CSs.