Fantasy Premier League 2024/25

I'm very tempted by triple Arsenal defence and skipping Saka, if Raya is confirmed to be ok for the weekend.

Raya Fabianski
Gabriel Saliba Colwill Mykolenko Greaves
Salan Diaz Mbuemo Rogers Dibling
Haaland Jackson Wood

Yes, he makes some interesting points. A different way of looking at things than I was doing.

Might be a time to put that into practice too with this possible Raya injury on the wildcard. Sanchez + Onana = same price as Raya + fodder.

Very reactioanary but who doesn't love a good kneejerk? Could just be the one game for Raya if any at all and there may be cheaper options than Onana too who have good rotational fixtures. Flekken and Pickford with decent fixture runs in general upcoming albeit behind shoddy defences, especially for Pickford. Don't have to do the rotation thing either of course.

One thing rotating 2 keepers in Raya's possible absence does is that it ties up funds. Nearly all a downside although one positive about that is it means I'd be guranteed to have the money to easily reach him when fit again (if he is indeed out).
Didn't someone earlier in the thread mention that Flekken and Verbruggen's fixtures dovetailed really well?

Took the leap and replaced Salah and Pedro for Diaz and Watkins. Annoyingly no Arsenal cover, but I have 1.3 in the bank so can bring in one next week hopefully

Pedro confirmed out

@Dirty Schwein

Anyone worth hitting him out for (Have £6.1m to spend)? DCL (though don't want to double up on Everton attack really), Wood, Raul/Muniz, Nketiah or move early for Strand Larsen?

Bollocks. I'd have to take another -4 hit or use my WC to get him out. So looks like I'll just be watching his price drop for a week and quietly sobbing.

Pedro confirmed out

@Dirty Schwein

Anyone worth hitting him out for (Have £6.1m to spend)? DCL (though don't want to double up on Everton attack really), Wood, Raul/Muniz, Nketiah or move early for Strand Larsen?

Wood has been nice and consistent and on pens so he is the obvious choice.

Raul looks good but Fulham fixtures are getting tougher and ESR is probably better choice there. Muniz has lost his pace but he could come back which is bad for both.

Nketiah and Larsen are wait and see for me.

Wood has been nice and consistent and on pens so he is the obvious choice.

Raul looks good but Fulham fixtures are getting tougher and ESR is probably better choice there. Muniz has lost his pace but he could come back which is bad for both.

Nketiah and Larsen are wait and see for me.

Agreed. Just not sure if he's worth a hit. Chances are he'll rise before the deadline though so if I do want him I'll probably need to suck it up. At the moment I'm playing Minteh.

Do you get to instantly bag price rises on a wildcard or does a GW deadline have to pass first?

Picked up Diaz for 7.8 and Mbeumo for 7.1 on Saturday I think it was, they rose to 7.9 and 7.2 that night. There's a chance that might become 8.0 and 7.3 before the deadline. If they do, do I get 7.9 and 7.2 for selling if I wanted to?

Do you get to instantly bag price rises on a wildcard or does a GW deadline have to pass first?

Picked up Diaz for 7.8 and Mbeumo for 7.1 on Saturday I think it was, they rose to 7.9 and 7.2 that night. There's a chance that might become 8.0 and 7.3 before the deadline. If they do, do I get 7.9 and 7.2 for selling if I wanted to?
Yes, instantly

I’m starting to get cold feet with Jackson. Sure in form and great fixtures but he’s still a bit reckless, often gets a yellow, not sure if he’ll play more than 70 min a game.

What do people think of Martinelli? Yes, his stats aren't good but he could be a decent differential with Arsenal's next 3 games. He didn't start vs Bolton so I'd imagine Arteta still very much sees him as a PL starter.

I’m starting to get cold feet with Jackson. Sure in form and great fixtures but he’s still a bit reckless, often gets a yellow, not sure if he’ll play more than 70 min a game.
I had the same dilemma. Got rid for Hav for the goons run of decent fixtures.

So I've got this:

And I'm not feeling to good about it with only Harwood Bellis on the bench. I was already considering playing the WC, but decided I'd probably stick rather than twist. With the Pedro injury, however, I've essentially got a 2-pointer (at best) on the bench and the value of the Brighton pair tied up, with Pedro bound to drop.

Since I've already taken a -4 this week, taking another seems somewhat unwise, when instead I could just play the chip as I'd initially planned.

I'd probably WC into something like this:

Apologies for the long rambling post, but any thoughts? Also, I'm assuming I get my four points back if I wildcard, right?

What do people think of Martinelli? Yes, his stats aren't good but he could be a decent differential with Arsenal's next 3 games. He didn't start vs Bolton so I'd imagine Arteta still very much sees him as a PL starter.

Had him last season and he was a pain in the arse. Thought I was being clever but he got barely any returns and was routinely taken off before 70 mins. He might be worth a punt at the moment with their injuries and fixtures but you'll want him out eventually.

Any advice on this team guys. Tempted to WC as the bench options suck and Isak and Jota are being useless.

Sanchez, Valdi
Robertson, Porro, Robinson, Mazraoui, Johnson
Saka, Palmer, Jota, Amad, Yarmo
Wood, Isak, Haaland.

Am I the only one who feels like Salah isn't worth it? Especially over Saka who plays in a much better team. Yes, the Egyptian is the better player, but if Arsenal get to 90+ pts in the league with Saka running their attack like he has been for several seasons now, he'll get close to Salah in G/A, because I don't think Liverpool will even be 10 points within Arsenal by the end of the season. He probably won't surpass him but he'll get close and that extra 2.8m is a lot that you can allocate elsewhere.

Am I the only one who feels like Salah isn't worth it? Especially over Saka who plays in a much better team. Yes, the Egyptian is the better player, but if Arsenal get to 90+ pts in the league with Saka running their attack like he has been for several seasons now, he'll get close to Salah in G/A, because I don't think Liverpool will even be 10 points within Arsenal by the end of the season. He probably won't surpass him but he'll get close and that extra 2.8m is a lot that you can allocate elsewhere.
Surely you’re not the only one - Salah has a rather low ownership (for him) and it will only be lower in the next GW as he’s widely sold.

When i didn't have Salah, he recorded 3 hauls. Since having him, 1 assist from 2 low end opponent home games.

He's just one of those. Could utterly spank you, but then because you'll very rarely captain him over Haaland, could probably loosen up some value if Diaz shows signs of holding his form.

However, as we've seen with Jota, you can easily see either rotated and suddenly you're missing Liverpool attack coverage.

Saka is assisting each game, but doesn't seem to get as many hauls as you'd like.

I'm gonna end up getting Wood before this day is over aren't I?

Giggity
I think it was last season I thought he was a really underwhelming pick, but then you notice how many goals he scores and some decent double digits every so often.
This year he's probably the stand out budget option.

Any advice on this team guys. Tempted to WC as the bench options suck and Isak and Jota are being useless.

Sanchez, Valdi
Robertson, Porro, Robinson, Mazraoui, Johnson
Saka, Palmer, Jota, Amad, Yarmo
Wood, Isak, Haaland.

Tricky one without knowing a lot more information!

How many FTs? Money in the bank? How many -4 hits would you be willing to take before WC becomes a must?

How committed to keeping Saka and Palmer are you? Bit unusual to see both of them in a team, workable though with some good budget options in midfield so far. I'd be tempted to start there if not wildcarding, or rejig the make up of the team with only one of them moving forward if I did WC.

Jota, Amad, Yarmo is 17m. If you really want Jota out you can have ESR, Semenyo and Rogers for that. It gives you at least one better bench option, rotational options when it comes to picking the team depending on fixtures and 0.4 in tha bank.

Wouldn't have thought taking -4s was a good idea for subs, but none of those are strict subs, all poentially getting future gametime for you. Amad isn't awful, could look to keep him at a pinch and just move Jota and Yarmo for 2 players if it saves a -4?

Whatever you do there needs to be a plan. No point taking a few -4s only to WC in the next couple of weeks anyway.

Isak has been useless and now faces City. So tempting to say shift him too but that's another potential -4. Could always bench him and move him on next depending on what else you do.

Last edited:
I made the switch to Saka this gameweek as part of my wildcard.

Tricky one without knowing a lot more information!

How many FTs? Money in the bank? How many -4 hits would you be willing to take before WC becomes a must?

How committed to keeping Saka and Palmer are you? Bit unusual to see both of them in a team, workable though with some good budget options in midfield so far. I'd be tempted to start there if not wildcarding, or rejig the make up of the team with only one of them moving forward if I did WC.

Jota, Amad, Yarmo is 17m. If you really want Jota out you can have ESR, Semenyo and Rogers for that. It gives you at least one better bench option, rotational options when it comes to picking the team depending on fixtures and 0.4 in tha bank.

Wouldn't have thought taking -4s was a good idea for subs, but none of those are strict subs, all poentially getting future gametime for you. Amad isn't awful, could look to keep him at a pinch and just move Jota and Yarmo for 2 of them if it saves a -4?

Whatever you do there needs to be a plan. No point taking a few -4s only to WC next week anyway.

Isak has been useless and now faces City. So tempting to say shift him too but that's another potential -4. Could always bench him and move him on next depending on what else you do.
Apologies, should have mentioned it in my earlier post. Zero money in the bank and only 1 FT. Basically used all my FT's until this point to make some changes. In hindsight, wasted a FT on bringing in Robertson for Saliba as Arsenal were playing Tottenham and City and they've both essentially the collected the same amount of points since.

A bit loathe to take hits and and also lost quite a bit value in Isak(8.5m to 8.3m) so a bit unsure on selling him at the moment. And when Jota isn't playing like last weekend then there's an issue as the bench is weak. If everything went well, the plan was to bring back someone from Arsenal defence in for Robertson as they have an fairly easier run coming up. But now Isak and Jota have become issues that need addressing.

I think it was last season I thought he was a really underwhelming pick, but then you notice how many goals he scores and some decent double digits every so often.
This year he's probably the stand out budget option.
Yeah he seems to tick along which is all you want from someone in that price range really as you'll never captain him.

Speaking of which I'm currently on Salah captain. Gut feeling.

Apologies, should have mentioned it in my earlier post. Zero money in the bank and only 1 FT. Basically used all my FT's until this point to make some changes. In hindsight, wasted a FT on bringing in Robertson for Saliba as Arsenal were playing Tottenham and City and they've both essentially the collected the same amount of points since.

A bit loathe to take hits and and also lost quite a bit value in Isak(8.5m to 8.3m) so a bit unsure on selling him at the moment. And when Jota isn't playing like last weekend then there's an issue as the bench is weak. If everything went well, the plan was to bring back someone from Arsenal defence in for Robertson as they have an fairly easier run coming up. But now Isak and Jota have become issues that need addressing.

Hard to predict how Liverpool will lineup what with Jota and Nunez starting midweek. Salah obviously will, and Diaz benched for the Carabao will likely start. Jota's brace might get him the nod so I wouldn't give up all hope on him. Sounds like you want to keep Isak due to that price fall.

If switching out Jota I guess your main options are Maddison, Eze and Mbeumo? Mitoma and Barnes as possibles too.

I'm a big Mbeumo fan, been targeting him for this gameweek for a long time. Maddison with some amazing underlying numbers and ticking along ok so far, think he's taken some corners off Porro? Eze with good underlying numbers too, not as great as Maddisons andt a little frustrating up to now. Mitoma solid for a bit cheaper, and Barnes has hit great form.

Not sure on all the fixtures. I know Mbeumo has good ones for a few weeks now, and Maddison's are looking good on the FDR. I think they might be slightly tougher than they look while still being ok.

Would have said Bowen too but I brought him in for one week before immediately transferring him out myself. Gone right off him, and have watched 4 of their games now. Whatever Lopetegui is trying to do it's not happening as of yet.

Hard to predict how Liverpool will lineup what with Jota and Nunez starting midweek. Salah obviously will, and Diaz benched for the Carabao will likely start. Jota's brace might get him the nod so I wouldn't give up all hope on him. Sounds like you want to keep Isak due to that price fall.

If switching out Jota I guess your main options are Maddison, Eze and Mbeumo? Mitoma and Barnes as possibles too.

I'm a big Mbeumo fan, been targeting him for this gameweek for a long time. Maddison with some amazing underlying numbers and ticking along ok so far, think he's taken some corners off Porro? Eze with good underlying numbers too, not as great as Maddisons andt a little frustrating up to now. Mitoma solid for a bit cheaper, and Barnes has hit great form.

Not sure on all the fixtures. I know Mbeumo has good ones for a few weeks now, and Maddison's are looking good on the FDR. I think they might be slightly tougher than they look while still being ok.

Would have said Bowen too but I brought him in for one week before immediately transferring him out myself. Gone right off him, and have watched 4 of their games now. Whatever Lopetegui is trying to do it's not happening as of yet.
Thanks and yea was looking at Barnes and Mbuemo or even Rashford/Garnacho as an off-field punt but no one knows who starts and they've both been hit and miss so far.

Not sure what is up with Foden so far. If he's back starting games for City, Palmer is an easy sell for him and I get some extra money to play around with.

Well feck the Pedro injury is a headache. I guess I’m playing with 10 this week. Already took a -4 and I do not want to take another hit. Plus I got 0 in the bank so no viable option for 5.6 or below.

Well feck the Pedro injury is a headache. I guess I’m playing with 10 this week. Already took a -4 and I do not want to take another hit. Plus I got 0 in the bank so no viable option for 5.6 or below.
Rail Jimenez seems to have played his way into the starting XI for Fulham for the foreseeable. Started the last 2 games and scored in both. But fair dos about not wanting to take another hit. The Pedro panic has had me hit the WC button so I feel the headache with you!

Edit: Should've mentioned, he's 5.4