Facundo Pellistri (Out) | signed for Panathanikos

Status
Not open for further replies.
We paid £12 million for Mazaroui and people are mad we can only get £7 million and 50% sell on for Pellistri.

It’s a fair price, good luck to him, never United quality though and doesn’t really seem to have improved much more than from the day we signed him.

We paid £12 million for Mazaroui and people are mad we can only get £7 million and 50% sell on for Pellistri.

It’s a fair price, good luck to him, never United quality though and doesn’t really seem to have improved much more than from the day we signed him.
It's 6m EUR all included and there is no mention of a sell-on clause. Where did you get those figures from?

It's 6m EUR all included and there is no mention of a sell-on clause. Where did you get those figures from?
The previous page. Either way, it’s hard to care too much, people want a clear out and then moan when it starts happening.

If a player isn’t good enough quality for a top five league (or relegated PL team), you’re always going to struggle to get a good fee. Had he shown he could be a starter in La Liga or the Prem, it would be a different story.

The sad part is no one is willing to sign him in the big leagues that can afford 10-15m, the players City or Chelsea sell always have someone who is willing to pay if not more, Greenwood had Lazio, Marseille wanting him, Kambwala had Villareal coming in for him, Pelli has no one coming for him aside from Panathinaikos.

It's £5.1m, no mention of a sell on yet

6m seems a bit low, but happy for him to hopefully establish himself somewhere. All the best Facundo.

Best of luck to him.

No doubt he'll pop up in the CL with Porto or Inter Milan in a few years.

Shame it didn't work out, I liked some things when he made a few sub appearances, but obviously not in the class of Garnacho who broke through and took that squad place.

We're pretty stacked with wingers right now, and sadly he wasn't of the standard required to displace a Garnacho or Amad. Rashford, Sancho and Antony are unsellable due to wages so here we are. Correct decision to take the money and add another lotto ticket into the drawer with the resale clause, we've got a few of those out there now, hopefully one or two of them deliver a return.

Why do you think it’s low?

I think it’s low because he has 26 caps for a strong international side at 22 years of age.

If we were trying to sign someone with his profile we’d be paying 3 or 4 times that amount minimum.

It’s a bit disappointing that we can’t make an immediate profit on a talented young player that we brought for 6.5m and on small wages. He was a decent impact player for us in 2023 and has played well for the Uruguay national team so this one should have been a given. I haven’t followed his progress on loan last season so my only guess is that he struggled to get in their team. The saving grace is the sell on clause which may help us down the line.

He might not have been good enough for us, but I do feel that he can be an important player for a team at a lower level.

I think it’s low because he has 26 caps for a strong international side at 22 years of age.

If we were trying to sign someone with his profile we’d be paying 3 or 4 times that amount minimum.
I think too many are over egging how much it means to get into that particular national side. I think it says more about the talent pool that he’s played so often for them.

Maybe the competition for his spot in that side is just not very good?

I don't feel like he really ever got a proper chance here. We have too many wannabee wingers though I spose.

We paid 8mil quid for him I thought and now he is a regular starter for his country and we take a loss on him.

I think people are overlooking the small talent pool Uruguay have - they punch massively above their weight.

I know when Pellistri did play for Utd he was very direct, but really I'm not sure why people were so gung go for him, other than he wasn't Rashford or Sancho. It always felt a bit "back up quarterback being the most popular guy in town" to me.

I really wanted him to succeed but there is something missing from his game which seems to hinder him. Is it a loose first touch or lack of blinding pace? But anyway, not good enough sadly.

We bought him for 8m, we sell him for 6m (plus add-ons)

He’s not made many appearances for United and hasn’t impressed on loan. I like him but may he in the minority considering only a Greek club came in for him, which is probably because the manager knows him well from international football. Can’t get more for him when nobody else is in for him. So it’s a fair deal

Happy with the fee and just getting a player who isn’t good enough off the books.

Disappointing fee. But it's early days with the new regime and we're still having to sell low at this point.

I think at this stage it's mostly down to 'club reputation' (and our recent poor one!) When we were the top team under Fergie, everyone wanted our youngsters, squad players, assistant managers, etc. Just coming from a well run, winning machine like us brought a cache with them. Now that's happening with City. While ours are just seen as 'cast offs' from an underperforming club.

Ability wise, and CV wise, I'm sure some of the well managed clubs over the last decade would have got more for the likes of Pellistri, Hannibal, Fernandez, etc. But we're currently still in a position of having to sell them cheaply and hope for add ons and sell on clauses to get it up to the price other clubs would have initially sold them for in the first place.

Hopefully, that will change over time.

His fee is still a profit in the books I guess. Maybe that's the new metric for evaluation of all transfers from now on.

Happy with the fee and just getting a player who isn’t good enough off the books.

This for me as well, we've had a bloated squad of average players on our books for too long. It was only a few months ago fans would have given their right arm to be rid of some of these players and now they are moaning about transfer fees.

I know this one isn't the case but most of the players leaving for smaller fee's are due to the fact the buying clubs are having to take on a higher salary than they'd like to.

Love how people are saying its a fair price.....tell me who we could sign for that price.....anywhere outside of the championship even. Im happy to mvoe on players not needed, the price isnt a big deal, but come on....fair price in what market? This is a young and talented INTERNATIONAL player after all

His fee is still a profit in the books I guess. Maybe that's the new metric for evaluation of all transfers from now on.
I think the expectation that players are sold for bigger fees than they were bought for is often unrealistic, except when you developed a prospect into a legit top league starter. True, Pellistri was bought for that but I don't think anyone would claim he got incredible development here.

Maybe there were some fees attached to his loans so in total we more or less didn't lose all that much on that gamble even cash flow wise.

Love how people are saying its a fair price.....tell me who we could sign for that price.....anywhere outside of the championship even. Im happy to mvoe on players not needed, the price isnt a big deal, but come on....fair price in what market? This is a young and talented INTERNATIONAL player after all
Is he going to play for us? Is he a key United player?

He’s not shown a significant upside for any side to take him at a big fee.

Who else wants to buy him?

We shouldn't be signing players of Pellistri's quality at his current point in their career. Unless we're considering moving the club to Greece, I guess.

I'm glad we're getting more wages off the books but it is a bit nuts that we're selling a young player who starts for Uruguay for a paltry 6m...

We'd never get that sort of value ever

I'm glad we're getting more wages off the books but it is a bit nuts that we're selling a young player who starts for Uruguay for a paltry 6m...

We'd never get that sort of value ever

He still couldn’t get near United 1st team and his loans were a disaster. Throw in that he’s in his final year of his contract and INEOS’s structure is to sell and get a are rather than let the contract run out.

Status
Not open for further replies.