Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes confirming the bid is hilarious. It's like he saw Pep and Mourinho confirming interest in players and thought to himself 'I've made a mistake, och, it seems at big club's ye can talk 'bout other club's players, aye.'

Moyes confirming the bid is hilarious. It's like he saw Pep and Mourinho confirming interest in players and thought to himself 'I've made a mistake, och, it seems at big club's ye can talk 'bout other club's players, aye.'

He literally can't win with some of you people.

I think he's worth £50M taking into account his age and how much we need a player like him.

I think he's worth £50M taking into account his age and how much we need a player like him.

Why would we pay 50m when he was bought for 34m and did little of note in the Barca side last year?

£50M. The point is that he's not going anywhere (and that Pexbo was explaining it like a muppet outlining his latest FM coup).

How's that like a muppet? It's a fair assessment.

There's two factors you need to look at when assessing a players value. Resale value or price per year.

At some point you need to decide whether you're going to stick with a player or sell him on. Van Persie was never bought for his resale value, we just hope to get a good 5 seasons out of him. At £5m a year you'd hope he will represent good value. Then you have players who are a lot younger who represent an investment, £20m might be a risk for a 19 year old but with a good 12 years before you might expect him to start declining, you'd be confident that if he wanted to leave at some point you'd get your money back or more and if he didn't come up to scratch you could still recoup a good percentage of it.

Look at players like Heinze, he wanted to leave and we made a small profit on him. We took a punt on Diouf and it didn't work out so we sold him at a small loss and the gamble only cost us £0.5m. Sometimes the gamble works and you come across a Hernandez or a Vidic.

So I badly think its "being a muppet" by looking at it logically and seeing whether he'd represent value. £50m and still a potential 10years in him, £5m a season seems good value to me.

Why would we pay 50m when he was bought for 34m and did little of note in the Barca side last year?

Beggars can't be choosers? How many players around would really helps us to win the CL?

We need players like him more than Bale or Ronnie I think.

It's certainly a different scenario to all those clubs negotiating for players they don't really need or want, isn't it..?

He was bought at a bargain by Barca because of how much he wanted to go back there. Arsenal didn't have much of an option but that's why they managed to put all those clauses in. Everyone at the time thought his price should have been around 45-50m, so paying that much right now would be perfectly fair as he hasn't exaclty flopped there, despite what some people think. He's got 29 goals and 32 assists in the two seasons, which is a pretty good total for somebody who isn't first choice.

Please no, as brilliant as they are they seem to be the death knell for our chances in signing someone.

But by all means, go gif crazy on the Garay thread!

It's not the gifs. We're still being struggle cuddled by the muppet Gods after the Berbatov thread in '08.

Wow quite surprising to read Moyes had confirmed a bid. Hopefully we are ready to test Barca and Fabregas resolve to make the deal happen.

Anyone think Cesc might be considering leaving because now that Thiago left and will be starting at Bayern, he might have a shot to displace Fabregas from the bench on Spain? Fabregas again won't be first choice this season, and the World cup is next summer, so his only hope to get into the starting 11 of the Spain team would be to move somewhere where he is first choice (basically anywhere but Barca).

Thought this was dead in the water but the fact we've bothered to send owl' Woody home 4 days early to work something out must mean there's a bigger chance than we initially expected

@ManUtd: "I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going." - David Moyes on Cesc Fabregas bid. #mufc

Thought this was dead in the water but the fact we've bothered to send owl' Woody home 4 days early to work something out must mean there's a bigger chance than we initially expected

I really hope so.. It wouldn't make sense to send him back unless there was a significant chance the deal would go through..

Fingers crossed!

Moyes hopes for Fab news

David Moyes has confirmed Manchester United are in negotiations to sign midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona.

The boss told a press conference in Sydney that the Reds are keen to bring the former Arsenal star to Old Trafford and hopes to have news in the next two days.
When asked if he had received any official contact back from Barcelona, Moyes said: "I couldn’t tell you exactly. I’m in contact with the executive vice chairman [Ed Woodward], who has been dealing with it just now.
"I'll hopefully know a little more in the next day or so. It’s the middle of the night back in England right now so I may have a bit more information in the next day or so about how it's going.
"We're trying very hard to make some additions to the squad and hopefully there'll be some good news in the not too distant future."
http://www.manutd.com/en/Tour2013/T...manchester-united-bid-for-cesc-fabregas.aspx#

Well this is more on than it was when I went to sleep last night. This thread is going to explode when all the muppets wake up. They will have lot of energy after yesterday's quiet day.

Can't help but think playing it out in public is a bad idea, he'll inevitably get stick for missing out again

Status
Not open for further replies.