Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being serious. As a player who can dictate the tempo of a game and take it to the opposition, no one close in our side. Carrick's a quality player but I guarantee if Modric was playing for us, he'd be loved and adored by the fans.
Come on now, he wouldn't easily be our best midfielder. You're like a drunken sailor, you've gone overboard.

I wonder when we will get around to Kevin Nolan as our first 36 targets all turn us down

Really? Getting a bit childish now aren't we. Fabregas has started more for Barca and done pretty well. It's not really comparable.

Fábregas started 41 games for Barca last season, Modric started 36 games for Real Madrid. Not much of a difference. Modric was subbed on 17 times, compared to 7 in case of Fabregas so he actually appeared in more games.

Fabregas is the better player but the idea that Modric is somehow not good enough for us is baffling. He's a far better footballer than either Anderson or Cleverley. He started quite a few important games for Madrid as well.

Fábregas started 41 games for Barca last season, Modric started 36 games for Real Madrid. Not much of a difference. Modric was subbed on 17 times, compared to 7 in case of Fabregas so he actually appeared in more games.

Fabregas is the better player but the idea that Modric is somehow not good enough for us is baffling. He's a far better footballer than either Anderson or Cleverley. He started quite a few important games for Madrid as well.

I don't think anyone can really have forgotten how good Fabregas was for Arsenal that last season, all those goals and assists.

The prospect of him slotting balls through to VP is just too much to bear bearing in mind we surely can't have any real hope of getting him.

The whole reporting of Chelsea offering Mata, and their furious denials, makes me wonder if we have some kind of difficulty understanding other clubs.

Us Is Fabregas for sale?
Them, no chance and he doesn't want to come either

Us £25m bid, and leaked to press...

I don't think anyone can really have forgotten how good Fabregas was for Arsenal that last season, all those goals and assists.

The prospect of him slotting balls through to VP is just too much to bear bearing in mind we surely can't have any real hope of getting him.

The whole reporting of Chelsea offering Mata, and their furious denials, makes me wonder if we have some kind of difficulty understanding other clubs.

Us Is Fabregas for sale?
Them, no chance and he doesn't want to come either

Us £25m bid, and leaked to press...

Alternatively it went;

Us: Is Fabregas for sale?
Them: He's happy here, and we dont need to sell him....
Us: So he's not for sale?
Them: We didnt say that....

Alternatively it went;

Us: Is Fabregas for sale?
Them: He's happy here, and we dont need to sell him....
Us: So he's not for sale?
Them: We didnt say that....

So they're acting like your typical teasing woman, talking in riddles?

roll on the first game!

Forget Modric. Not what we need, and no real rumours there.

If anyone is suited to playing in a midfield 2 in the Premier League, then it's modric. He's proven to be a world class midfielder there both for Spurs and for Croatia. Really confusing that some people don't seem to rate Modric that highly. He's a class player all around and he'd be amazing for us.

Whilst Modric is a good midfielder, I just somehow don't think he'll make a significant improvement in the grand scheme. He's not someone that dominates midfield, he's not someone that will grow into a world beater, and is therefore not someone that will close the gap between us and other big clubs in Europe. I think it'll take an extra special talent to do that, unless we could sign two or three players Modric's calibre.

You're severely underrating him. Did you see him at the euro's for Croatia? He hasn't had the most opportunities at Madrid, but he is being played in a much different position then he is when he plays for Croatia or when he played for Spurs. Modric is absolutely one of those players who dominates games and dictates the tempo. He is much better then anyone we have, and while Carrick had a better season last year, Modric on the whole has been better these last 3-4 years. Also, he would instantly close the gap between us and other big clubs around Europe when it comes to the midfield.

You're severely underrating him. Did you see him at the euro's for Croatia? He hasn't had the most opportunities at Madrid, but he is being played in a much different position then he is when he plays for Croatia or when he played for Spurs. Modric is absolutely one of those players who dominates games and dictates the tempo. He is much better then anyone we have, and while Carrick had a better season last year, Modric on the whole has been better these last 3-4 years. Also, he would instantly close the gap between us and other big clubs around Europe when it comes to the midfield.

He's talking daft floaty bollocks again....there are very few midfielders in world football who can truly "dominate" a game, especially the big games.....Xavi, Pirlo possibly. The thing Modric did so well for Spurs, and started to show signs of at Real, is dictate play, knit everything together and get the best out of his teammates. He would be amazing at United and it's that knitting together in midfield that we miss in games. Carrick is great but he needs someone truly on his wavelength. Definitely in the top 10 central midfielders in Europe.

That said Fabregas is one of the top five for me, and I would prefer him.

Come on now, he wouldn't easily be our best midfielder. You're like a drunken sailor, you've gone overboard.

He really would imo, but seeing as I like you now.. we'll simply agree to disagree on this point.

Anyone else listening to Talksport just there? They had Andy Mitten on who said that United firmly believe that Fabregas wants to come to United.

Anyone else listening to Talksport just there? They had Andy Mitten on who said that United firmly believe that Fabregas wants to come to United.

We just hope there's a lot in this, and United aren't just acting like some wannabe lover man who thinks all women want it

Not unusual to start new lads from the bench.

I expect fab to come on on the 65 min mark

If we sign Fabregas I will personally send you a thank you email. And send you a biscuit of your choice. (upto the value of 79p)

We just hope there's a lot in this, and United aren't just acting like some wannabe lover man who thinks all women want it

That or Fabregas (or his agent) hinted to someone associated with the club that he wanted to come here, we cooled off on Thiago, giddy on the idea of getting Fabregas, then for whatever reason the Fabregas transfer doesn't materialise.

I seriously can't understand why we would put a bid in for him, a month after he said the idea if leaving Barcelona is 'absurd' and 24hrs after they sold Thiago. It seems crazy a crazy thing to do if there was nothing to imply he wants to leave/Barça want to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.