Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone think we need to win over Fabregas by some elaborate statement - fabregas or bust? Make him feel really wanted...or if barca accept he'll go willingly?

It must be almost confirmed for the club to publicize it like this.

Reports are that we have been after the Cesc deal for more than a month.

This is very similar to how the RvP purchase started to feel. The club starting making similar teasing statements back then too...

Woah. I still can't see this happening though, but hope to feck it does.

Absolutely. But my point is that we need someone even better to make a significant impact here. Unless we can sign two or three of his ilk, which is unlikely considering his likely value.

Unfortunately the players who are better then Modric are rare and unavailable. We simply cant ignore the issue because 'no one can replace Paul Scholes' can we?

I think Barca are willing to sell.

To be a complete muppet

- Barca have not released anything saying he's not for sale.
- Fabregas nor his agent have come out anywhere and said he's staying (yes there is old quotes from back in May, things may of changed)
- Someone has given us some indication it could happen, as Woodward has come home early.
- Moyes confirming the bid, but saying negotiations are ongoing, not saying the bid was rejected.

Whether it will happen or not is another matter. How ever i don't think it's impossible as it originally sounded.

How much does G. Hunter feel like a knob now? :lol:

Fantastic news, if true. The club generally do not speak about ongoing negotiations unless we are at an advanced stage (see RVP last year). It is very positive that Moyes has spoken publicly about this, especially after saying that he won't name specific targets only a few weeks ago.

How much does G. Hunter feel like a knob now? :lol:
Eh? United have not bought the player. Not even close. Woodward might just end up reporting back to Moyes that its impossible.

Now i know what it feels like, when i hear of couples that have been trying desperately hard for a baby for about 5 years & no joy.... then it comes up blue on the preggers kit & they decide that just to be sure - they'll go to the doctors for clarification...

I feel like me & United are sittin in the waiting room at the Docs right now :nervous:

Eh? United have not bought the player. Not even close. Woodward might just end up reporting back to Moyes that its impossible.

Not saying they have bought the player though. I saying that Hunter went live on air and said that no bid had been made.

True, but would he fly across the world on "urgent transfer business" if Barcelona/Fabregas hadn't given some encouragement? The fact that he is physically needed to be in Manchester suggests that the Fabregas transfer (if that's what he flew back for, as Moyes claims) is moving forward, not stalling.

/muppet

Bbc reporting that Moues has said Woodward has gone home to attempt sign Fabregas.

Not saying they have bought the player though. I saying that Hunter went live on air and said that no bid had been made.
Ah, thought it was reference to Hunter saying it was impossible. Apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.