Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, I'm out of the wilderness for a week, back in this transfer mayhem. Firstly, feck, what an opportunity we could have made from acquiring Thiago. Shame the club he was finally destined for was possible due to his former manager being at the helm. What a signing he could have been, 22 year old with bags of potential, shame.

On to the right tracks: Fabregas. He is probably one of the few CMs I would have rated as one of the top 5 in the world that was from the premier league 2 seasons ago, he was utterly terrific with Arsenal, the only player who was consistently world class at that time in that Arsenal team. A 26 year old player who was hitting great heights well before his time could be available? Fantastic. We put in an offer for this player? Bloody brilliant.

I have no doubt about us formally putting a bid in, if every single legit reporters are claiming we've put in a bid, it must have more substance than the Thiago rumours which were fueled purely by twitter, later put to bed by Moyes himself. Now, is this bid the real deal? Football clubs are not a bunch of nursery kids trying to play with each others' toys in the playground. These are true businessmen running these places now, and none of them would be messing about. Woodward would not come into Gill's position pretending to be a man who can get who he wants by placing mindless bids for people like Fabregas. These decisions have been hard thought about, for all we know this bid could have been thought about for weeks, and I really believe this is not the last bid we will see. As far as I believe this bid is genuine, the likelihood of us actually getting him is very slim indeed. There's no point going into detail why, because a lot of people have covered this already, but in short:

• The previous relationship between him and Arsenal may keep him away from ever joining a premier league rival.
  • Barcelona do not want to sell a player in a position where they have just depleted themselves recently, and depleting further may leave them dangerously short.
  • He has no interest whatsoever of leaving, his childhood club, waiting for the Xaviesta helm etc.
I think there are too many variables holding us against this. There is the slightest hope that we make a bid high enough to tempt Barca to sell to us, and if the rumours are true, then Fabregas will be willing to sign on if he isn't wanted by Barca anymore. I'm here hoping that he doesn't have the Barca blues and jumps ship, because he would be the most ideal CM for us, but I am not holding my hopes up like I did with Thiago, that was was too horrific.

Do you have a blog?

I Juander how much it'll Mata how much Fab loves Barcelona. I'll Cesc the papers for Fabregated stories tomorrow.

Oh i think I just killed it

On reconsideration I think this might be a goer.

It's inconceivable that we didn't get some encouragement before launching our bid, and logically it must have come from the player's camp. The fact that Barca haven't immediately rejected the offer is surely significant.

A reasonable reading might be that we've been told the player would like to come to us and we're testing the waters to discover what Barca's valuation is. The lowball bid shows either that we're very confident of getting our man, or incompetent. I prefer to believe the former.

On reconsideration I think this might be a goer.

It's inconceivable that we didn't get some encouragement before launching our bid, and logically it must have come from the player's camp. The fact that Barca haven't immediately rejected the offer is surely significant.

A reasonable reading might be that we've been told the player would like to come to us and we're testing the waters to discover what Barca's valuation is. The lowball bid shows either that we're very confident of getting our man, or incompetent. I prefer to believe the former.

So the same "encouragement" emanated from Rooney to Chelsea? I hope so. Rooney out, Fabregas in, though obviously not a one-for-one replacement.

So the same "encouragement" emanated from Rooney to Chelsea? I hope so. Rooney out, Fabregas in, though obviously not a one-for-one replacement.

Would make sense. Believe Rooney like Fabregas and lots of other players have stated, if the club they are happy at wants to move them on then they'll move on.

Encouragement could be along the lines of: "Fabregas (or Rooney) reps say he is happy where they are but, if you make a bid and it's accepted by the club then they won't fight it from their end - they won't push for a move mind you but, if the club he is at is not that intent on holding on to the player then they are professionals with their own future in mind will be fine with moving to some place they are wanted/valued."

How reliable is Andy Mitten? He's got an article saying Fabregas would be open to a United move, if we can convince Barca to sell.

Though on second thought Barca will never sell him so its a moot point.

How reliable is Andy Mitten? He's got an article saying Fabregas would be open to a United move, if we can convince Barca to sell.

Andy Mitten - whose great uncle Charlie Mitten starred in Matt Busby’s first great side - is a regular writer for FourFourTwo and his other credits include The Independent, The Mail on Sunday, Sport, The Guardian, Esquire and GQ in the UK plus foreign publications around the world. He has visited 85 countries, covering games from Israel to the Faroes, Argentina to Australia and interviewed players like Villa, Ronaldinho, Xavi and Messi. He has written or co-written 10 books and is the Spanish football correspondent for The National newspaper in Abu Dhabi.

Here is the article you mentioned: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/blogs...es-want-join-manchester-united-153543757.html

The thought of Piers Morgan crying naked on his bathroom floor as Van Persie AND Fabregas lift the Champions League trophy is enough for me to want this to happen, despite my distaste for Fabregas (more along the lines of cnuty Arsenal/Barca/Spain man than anything related to his immense quality).

Most people would be open to a United move. Doesn't mean it'll happen, especially if one club holds firm.

Does RVP have a big role to play in this Fabregas deal? Will he be talking to Cesc about moving to Old Trafford? I sure hope so. De Gea couldnt help us with Thiago, so I doubt he can be a factor with Cesc. But RVP on the other hand might be a more credible source.

The early posturing is hard to make any comment on.

I can't quite recall, but I'm sure Wenger was saying VP wasn't for sale etc last summer. And it's what we're doing with Rooney.

If you say they're for sale, the bargaining position shifts away from you.

Conclusion? Please let it be on!

Woodward has basically been given a mission - get to the transfer kidnap limo - kick Jose and Rooney out of it and drive it to Barcelona.

If we sign Fabregas & If we keep Anderson then do we need to think of a new Anderson song or can he keep it?

Status
Not open for further replies.