Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the club is ready to spend big then there are still some midfielders who would consider signing with us. For example clubs like Juventus and Dortmund would probably accept a 35-40m bid for their prized assets. There are other talent who would be interested such as Herrera, Banega or Hamsik. I doubt that any of these talent would demand a salary which is beyond our wage structure.

If Fabregas is not interested then we're hitting a brick wall. The faster we realise that the better.

It doesn't stand. There's a difference between the player wanting to come here and us not being willing to offer the ridiculous fees that the Chelsea's. City's, PSG's, Monaco's whomever do.

Some clubs attract talent through more money, others have a more pulling factor then we do (ex Barcelona) while some clubs have both (Real). The bottom line of the story is that if there's an available quality player around then he'll probably end somewhere else UNLESS he truly desperate to sign with us.

We may be the biggest club in terms of profit and sponsors but regarding transfers we're second tier at best.

So unless a player wants to sign for us he won't?

fecking hell, what sorcery is this?

Some clubs attract talent through more money, others have a more pulling factor then we do (ex Barcelona) while some clubs have both (Real). The bottom line of the story is that if there's an available quality player around then he'll probably end somewhere else UNLESS he truly desperate to sign with us.

We may be the biggest club in terms of profit and sponsors but regarding transfers we're second tier at best.

What you said implied that most top players would not personally want to come here, which is just nonsense. If we offered on par to what all the sugar daddy clubs do then most of them would pick us.

I still can't believe that we just put a bid in blind. I think there is no way that we would have put a bid in unless we was given the green light from the Cesc camp.

David de Gea would welcome Cesc Fabregas at Manchester United and is targeting the title of world's best goalkeeper.

Fabregas has been linked with a move to Old Trafford after the Red Devils reportedly tabled a bid and De Gea admits he would relish the chance to link up with his fellow Spaniard at club level.
"It would be great if Cesc Fabregas came here," said De Gea, quoted in the Daily Mail.
"He is a great player, very skilful, knows how to win things and you always want those type of players in your team."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8827494/?

I'm sure Tito would have said 'He wants to stay, so he's not leaving, end of story' if he knew that to be the case. But he didn't. That's the only thing that makes me think there still might be something in this.

That's one of the reasons (there other issues like the city). Anyway my point still stand. For one reason or another the majority of top players would not want to come to the red side of Manchester.

If he wants to stay then there's no point in insisting on him.

I'm not sure why this negativity.

Success is not just about having "top players", but the right players. Despite our "inability to attract top players", and spending less that other teams, our success over the years has proven the clubs policy has worked.

What you said implied that most top players would not personally want to come here, which is just nonsense. If we offered on par to what all the sugar daddy clubs do then most of them would pick us.

I implied nothing at all. For one reason or another (salary ex Sneijder, fee ex Moura or personal reason ex Thiago) the majority of top players wont end up at OT

I'm not sure why this negativity.

Success is not just about having "top players", but the right players. Despite our "inability to attract top players", and spending less that other teams, our success over the years has proven the clubs policy has worked.

That's not my point though isn't it? Moyes said that he's going for the best players and had shown it will alleged bids for Fab and Thiago. Well someone should break the news to him that that sort of players usually dont end up at OT.

FFS when was the last time we took a top player from one of the biggest clubs in Europe? (no Arsenal are not at the same league of Real, Barcelona or us)

Cesc was always surplus to requirement but as we have seen again with Bayern, Pep loves to pack a midfield to bursting point.

I am sure Cesc wants away, but like he says, he is a very private man.

Sanchez was another one of Pep's "buy before anybody else does".

That's not my point though isn't it? Moyes said that he's going for the best players and had shown it will alleged bids for Fab and Thiago. Well someone should break the news to him that that sort of players usually dont end up at OT.
Why don't you just disappear

The papers are getting into Thiago-like made up stories again. The only fact is that we bid for the player, and that the player wishes to stay at his present club. I won't believe any of this crap that the papers are sprouting about him being open to a move when everything that has come from his mouth is the exact opposite.

So how far down the footballing food chain should we be looking for potential trophy winning recruits?

FFS when was the last time we took a top player from one of the biggest clubs in Europe? (no Arsenal are not at the same league of Real, Barcelona or us)

You must be a right bundle of fun to have a beer with! Your glass is permanently half empty. Wait and see.

You must be a right bundle of fun to have a beer with! Your glass is permanently half empty. Wait and see.

I share a guinness with you at anytime. Seriously, I think that we can get some quality midfielders if we want to. However convincing a homegrown top player to leave Barcelona is a bit of an overkill especially since he's determined to prove himself there.

I hope I am wrong though.

Fabregas to Manchester United? Here’s some Cesc education…

Spanish football expert Graham Hunter writes for the Paddy Power Blog on whether Cesc Fabregas is the missing link for Manchester United, or if not, who could be…

It was as far back as early June that some Manchester United players were briefing that the Premier League champions were going on an all-out offensive to buy Cesc Fabregas.Here we are in mid July and United’s strategy remains shrouded in mystery… but it is clearly still something they believe may work.On Monday there were off-the-record briefings from within Old Trafford that an offer had gone into the Camp Nou club that very morning. Thirty million of your Spanish Euros.
Vilanova admits bids in for Fabregas

All Monday afternoon, and then again on Tuesday, FC Barcelona (again frustratingly off the record) responded: “Offer? We’ve received NO offer.” By Tuesday, however, there was an oblique acknowledgement from Tito Vilanova, Barcelona coach. He said:
It’s a positive thing if footballers are getting offers from other important clubs. I’m aware that Cesc has had other offers. But we’ve had a number of meetings on the subject, the most recent one when the season ended, and he emphasised to me that he’s committed to staying and winning things with this club.
I’m quite confident United have bid, and that given any encouragement, they’ll be willing to raise that sum too.What would intrigue you, if you were a Manchester United fan, is the question: From where are they receiving encouragement?
Cesc has unfinished business at Barca

It’s only the ‘Little Englander’ who fails to understand that Fabregas has been a success at the club he supports. The only proviso being that there is even more for him to achieve, more room for him to impose himself on Barcelona’s playing style.
  • In his best seven seasons at Arsenal Fabregas averaged 42 matches a season. It’s 48 at the Camp Nou.
  • In his last three seasons at the Emirates his match average was 35. Injuries haunted him.
  • He’s beating that by 13 games per season in a better, more competitive club where places are harder to come by.
  • Appearance-wise, two of his top three seasons are at the Camp Nou. Ditto for goals.
Now Thiago has left, now Xavi’s trajectory needs to be more about the quality than the quantity of matches this is about to become the Fabregas era. He has a new-born daughter and his family is nearby to support. Since leaving Arsenal (two club trophies) he has won six pieces of silverware for Barça and increased his usefulness to Vicente Del Bosque by adding the role of striker to his repertoire.
Why would he leave for United?

Fabregas’ most recent pronouncement on the subject of him potentially leaving Barcelona used the adjective ‘absurd’ to describe the idea.He did qualify the concept by admitting that if the Spanish champions were to entertain bids that might change his stance. Right now Barca say: no way. Can they be believed?The dilemma is that almost every factor which leads you to say: ‘Why would he leave?’ and ‘why would Barca sell?’ helps add to the sense of: ‘Why wouldn’t Manchester United see him as absolutely perfect for them?’
The options for Wayne Rooney

Goals, leadership, technique, relative youth, winning mentality, steel, experience – and a potential replacement should they decide to sell, or swap, Wayne Rooney.Since taking over David Moyes has outlined the idea that Rooney stays. Behind the scenes both he, and United, have prepared a strategy.If Rooney insists on leaving, the champions don’t want him returning on Premier League business, say with Chelsea, and damaging them, to their great harm and embarrassment.IF he’s to leave, it’s best that it should be to PSG, Real Madrid, Monaco or … Barcelona.
Rooney has operated as lead striker, left winger, second striker and midfielder at United – it’s arguable that Cesc not only replicates some of the very best of that but also has an in-built rapport with Robin van Persie.
Drawing conclusions from the solidity which Moyes used as a foundation at Everton perhaps he, and United, see the Catalan as the No10 behind Van Persie.Leading scorer last season, what MIGHT he achieve with the still greater assist giving talents of Fabregas?
Now the question is: how?
  • Offer Barcelona Rooney? Offer Barcelona Vidic?
  • Up their bid dramatically?
And why, to return to the key point, are United so convinced that they are not wasting their time and that it was an acceptable risk to allow a move for Thiago, which was well advanced, to slip through their hands?
Someone isn’t showing all their cards. If, as seems feasible right now, United don’t manage to prise the talented Catalan away from his club then where will Moyes strengthen?
Here’s what United really need…

Beyond Leighton Baines one possibility, ironic given how recently the powerful and tremendously talented Paul Pogba jumped ship, is his France U20 team mate Geoffrey Kondogbia. Currently imitating Patrick Vieira in Sevilla’s midfield, Kondogbia can play centre back or left back, only cost the Andalusians three million euro a year ago and is well, well within United’s budget.Perhaps Fabregas is too. But is he really ready to desert the club he fought so hard to re-join, has conquered the world with, but with whom he still yearns to win the Champions League?

So how far down the footballing food chain should we be looking for potential trophy winning recruits?

If we are really ready to spend over the odds (as we seem determined to) then we should focus at players who have no particular allegiance to their club and whose salary is usually less to the one United can offer. I dare to say that the likes of Vidal, Marchisio, Herrera, De Rossi and Banega all fall into that category. Modric may be interested since he's not really needed at Real. Getting our hands to the likes of Hamsik and Gundogan may prove a challenge considered that both clubs had lost key players and dont really need to sell.

Sad watching him at Barcelona these days, he isn't given the same licence to dictate the game and looks half the player (in terms of excitement) for it in my opinion.

You toddle off and go find yourself a blank checkbook club.

that's the point silly. We're not that type of club. I bet even the likes of Shitty and PSG would struggle to convince Fabregas to leave Barca let alone us.

that's the point silly. We're not that type of club. I bet even the likes of Shitty and PSG would struggle to convince Fabregas to leave Barca let alone us.
United fit the glamour criteria for top players. Stupid to say otherwise. But if you are already at a glamour club then it is just a question of money. Fabregas could be had by PSG if they spent enough. Barca would tell him to get lost if they saw enough euros.

Now that this is all looking fairly dead in the water... I feel that now is the time to claim that I think this transfer will happen.

More to this then meets the eye I say....

United fit the glamour criteria for top players. Stupid to say otherwise. But if you are already at a glamour club then it is just a question of money. Fabregas could be had by PSG if they spent enough.

Money have a big say for players refusing Manchester United however that's just part of the story. If the fees/salary is the same then many South American and South European players would rather choose Spain or Italy (the latter is not attracting the big players as they used to due to money) then England. The fact that we have lost a living legend and replaced him with someone who had never won anything hasnt helped

I just wonder why we seem so "confident".

Mogden etc are usually pretty in with the manchester clubs, they seem to get drips of information.

Like others have said I think there is more in this.

Probably explains how we missed out on Hernandez & the twins. And more recently Henríquez and Valera.

Right, I'm out of the wilderness for a week, back in this transfer mayhem. Firstly, feck, what an opportunity we could have made from acquiring Thiago. Shame the club he was finally destined for was possible due to his former manager being at the helm. What a signing he could have been, 22 year old with bags of potential, shame.

On to the right tracks: Fabregas. He is probably one of the few CMs I would have rated as one of the top 5 in the world that was from the premier league 2 seasons ago, he was utterly terrific with Arsenal, the only player who was consistently world class at that time in that Arsenal team. A 26 year old player who was hitting great heights well before his time could be available? Fantastic. We put in an offer for this player? Bloody brilliant.

I have no doubt about us formally putting a bid in, if every single legit reporters are claiming we've put in a bid, it must have more substance than the Thiago rumours which were fueled purely by twitter, later put to bed by Moyes himself. Now, is this bid the real deal? Football clubs are not a bunch of nursery kids trying to play with each others' toys in the playground. These are true businessmen running these places now, and none of them would be messing about. Woodward would not come into Gill's position pretending to be a man who can get who he wants by placing mindless bids for people like Fabregas. These decisions have been hard thought about, for all we know this bid could have been thought about for weeks, and I really believe this is not the last bid we will see. As far as I believe this bid is genuine, the likelihood of us actually getting him is very slim indeed. There's no point going into detail why, because a lot of people have covered this already, but in short:

• The previous relationship between him and Arsenal may keep him away from ever joining a premier league rival.
  • Barcelona do not want to sell a player in a position where they have just depleted themselves recently, and depleting further may leave them dangerously short.
  • He has no interest whatsoever of leaving, his childhood club, waiting for the Xaviesta helm etc.
I think there are too many variables holding us against this. There is the slightest hope that we make a bid high enough to tempt Barca to sell to us, and if the rumours are true, then Fabregas will be willing to sign on if he isn't wanted by Barca anymore. I'm here hoping that he doesn't have the Barca blues and jumps ship, because he would be the most ideal CM for us, but I am not holding my hopes up like I did with Thiago, that was was too horrific.

Probably explains how we missed out on Hernandez & the twins. And more recently Henríquez and Valera.

they were renowned world class players sought by Barca and Real before signing with us weren't they?

You spend too much time hanging around Balague and even Hunter becomes afflicted with Guillem's propensity for putting out rubbish. Used to be a decent bloke with some good coverage but he's gotten worse the more he tweets and writes articles. He's just about irrelevant now when it comes to the Primera Liga

Status
Not open for further replies.