Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's what happened.

Moyes and Woodward read the Caf or decided on their own that this namby pamby respectful transfer bullshit isn't going to fly any longer so they both got their balls out wrote a proposal to Barcelona on them in a macho and non homosexual way and then faxed it to the Barca officials carbon copying it to a bunch if journalists at the same time.

Lets get shit done. When they finally fold and tell us we can have him, we should ask for Messi and £5m at the same time.

FWIW I dont see Guardiola lasting long at FCBankofGermany. I think he will rub the Germans up the wrong way eventually and his ego might be too much for them.

Player power, Chelsea style is what will bring an end to his tenure.

Your posts suggested it was easy. It's alright to admit you couldn't do the job yourself. I couldn't.

Not my intention I can assure you.

Perhaps we could do the job together? Although I would probably bankrupt the club paying every ridiculous buyout clause in sight, while you were in the corner telling me to calm down while you devised a little plan.

There has to be more to this.

No disrespect to Moyes but he knows he would look pretty bad if he was rejected like this, twice in a row so quickly by players. It would send out the wrong message. The football world's eyes are on him right now. Not just ours...Nah, there is something more to this then just a bid.

FWIW I dont see Guardiola lasting long at FCBankofGermany. I think he will rub the Germans up the wrong way eventually and his ego might be too much for them.

Is Guardiola the sort to simply keep what is a supremely successful footballing model in its right ticking ove,, or will he be unable to resist the urge to impose his own style? If he starts tampering and that leads to unrest either on or off the pitch you can understand why the fans/senior players might begin to air their views shall we say.

I suspect taht you might be right in the end.

One of the papers said we are happy to be patient for this to happen. So if it drags all the way to deadline day we will no doubt smash the record.

I doubt it. The modmins don't find it as fun as we do.

There has to be more to this.

No disrespect to Moyes but he knows he would look pretty bad if he was rejected like this, twice in a row so quickly by players. It would send out the wrong message. The football world's eyes are on him right now. Not just ours...Nah, there is something more to this then just a bid.

Nah man, no-one faults Moyes over the Thiago debacle - it was the draw of Pep that sealed it once he came in for him.. and if Cesc stays, folk would understand because of the hard-on he supposedly has for Barcelona & the drama it took to get him there, but then people will question why bid for the impossible when it was never likely to happen? Couldnt see Moyes comin out & say - "it was that bastid Fabric-arse that told us he'd join us - just stick an aul bid in he said... jobs a goodun i promise he said.... the feckin prick.... & you can Tweet that..."

Not my intention I can assure you.

Perhaps we could do the job together? Although I would probably bankrupt the club paying every ridiculous buyout clause in sight, while you were in the corner telling me to calm down while you devised a little plan.
Great potential for a sitcom in there.

What'll happen is the papers will go back to this now Thiago is a dead story for the top club in England, so they'll bang out Fabregas print ever more with " a source close to the player said" or "an insider at United said", get a load of clicks and sales, then he'll stay or even join a powerhouse club if not.

He was desperate to go there, he's from there and already had several years in England, surely he know's Xavi is aging and he could get in their midfield for the next 5-10 years. Just can't see it.

First time I wrote this was in June 2006. Similar situation but another manager.

It's all about expectations.

All United supporters around the world have been waiting for the club to buy a new midfielder this summer. The media knows this, the seniors at the club knows it too. Everybody on this planet including Vlaimir Putin and Barack Obama knows that we need to strengthen our midfield. It's a public secret that not even Edward Snowden had to search for.

Out goes Sir Alex and David Gill and in cones Moyes and Woodward. If there where expectations before change in command it's now sky high. It's a must to put it mildly.

The summer starts without any public activity from United. Everybody is waiting. Suddenly the Thiago saga starts. Days and weeks goes and nothing happens. Supporters gets frustrated. Media gets frustrated. Is it possible that our new manager feels these expectations?

After a long time Moyes starts to work and probably think that now it's time to buy some players. He gets positive reports from the agent of Alcantara, according to reports Barcelona confirmed that we had put in a bid, and thought that this was more or less a closed deal. In comes Bayern and Pep. Thiago starts to hesitate. At this moment I can almost see how Moyes starts to feel the pressure. Quite natural. Everything goes fast and he have the Rooney affair, the Pre season tour, adapting to his new job and another thousand things to think about.

Suddenly the Thiago deal collapse. United and especially Moyez lose the pre seasons first game. Media ask questions. Supporters starts to panic. I bet a lunch that Moyes starts to panic a little bit too. He's after all just a human and new on this job, maybe one of the the hottest seat on earth ATM.

Phase two. United make a bid for Fabregas. Huge question marks arias. Where is the logic in this bid? Why Fabregas? Why now? Why didn't we bid for him in the first place? Nobody knows. Media speculate. Redcafe speculate. Supporters starts to fight with each others. Top reds defends everything under the sun and go bananas if someone questions our club or David Moyes. The doubters goes bananas. Everybody is clueless and everybody think then know what's going on. Especially Ciderman and The Neviller have total control. ( joke guys, we need to smile once in a while)

We are all victims for expectations. That's why we all starts to look for scapegoats.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Severe case of Muppetitis right here.

Barca are stacked out though - even beyond Messi and Neymar, they have Alexis and Pedro. Just doesn't seem a natural fit to me.

Sanchez has been a bit of a flop for them so far. For arguments sake lets say Rooney joined them, you'd then have

Neymar - Messi - Rooney as your front three
Pedro - whoever - Sanchez as your backups.

Not too shabby buts its all pie in the sky. Looking at the way the big teams are going they are really trying to stock up on the best players going more so than ever.

Gab Marcotti was co-presenting on the radio tonight and during a a segment about Barcelona's woes and Pep ruffling a few feathers at Bayern, he made it plain that he was in little doubt that Fabregas and his people invited our 30 million bid.

Is that twunt any use though? I personally can't seem to enjoy hearing his voice.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Severe case of Muppetitis right here.

Yeah, he most certainly had one of those moments where he just got caught up in profoundness - we've all been there & stayed away from the Caf for a couple of days too, out of pure embarrassment :lol:

Did you happen to read the poor bastards responses from the feckers on here slaggin him about it? Funny!

And then the poor fecker cracked:

Right now everybody is absurd, you included. First time in my life I say this in public. feck off!!

:lol::angel::lol::angel::lol:

Yeah I've read the whole thread, it has had everything. Excitement, disbelief, muppets fighting top reds, desperation.

Every ingredient a good muppet thread needs. But like I've said before, the weird thing is that it's all for a cnut who chucked pizza at the best manager you've ever had and a true United legend. I seriously can't get over that part.

Sanchez has been a bit of a flop for them so far. For arguments sake lets say Rooney joined them, you'd then have

Neymar - Messi - Rooney as your front three
Pedro - whoever - Sanchez as your backups.

Not too shabby buts its all pie in the sky. Looking at the way the big teams are going they are really trying to stock up on the best players going more so than ever.

Is that twunt any use though? I personally can't seem to enjoy hearing his voice.

Gabrielle Marcotti - yeah he's pretty good on ESPN Press Pass, Talksport & every fecking thing else to be honest. He knows his stuff thats for sure, the fecker has an opinion about anything football / sport related & usually makes alot of sense - unlike yer La Liga expert Gay Ballbag.

Marcotti just strikes me as a bloke who went to University & got a degree in football - feckin know-it-all. He is pretty good though, very knowledgable indeed. The sound of his voice you dont enjoy probably comes about with him being fluent in English, Italian, German, Japanese & probably Spanish too... Flash fancy bastard it has to be said....

Yeah I've read the whole thread, it has had everything. Excitement, disbelief, muppets fighting top reds, desperation.

Every ingredient a good muppet thread needs. But like I've said before, the weird thing is that it's all for a cnut who chucked pizza at the best manager you've ever had and a true United legend. I seriously can't get over that part.

The thread, I know - its fecking hilarious isnt it?! :lol:

What a bunch of hypocrits we are as regard to Fabregas / Pizzagate alright, although he was young back then & that Arsenal team were a bunch of childish bad losers, i couldnt stand them.... "Invincibles.." me arse.... Pantsibles more like..

Fabregas has said alot of very great things about United after that though, very respectful lad he's turned out it seems. He's quiet & doesnt hog the limelight that much either, which is refreshing to see..

Fabregas has said alot of very great things about United after that though, very respectful lad he's turned out it seems. He's quiet & doesnt hog the limelight that much either, which is refreshing to see..

Fair enough, didn't know about that.

He's still a catalan cnut though. ;)

Well i of course don't know about the quality of his sources in this specific case however generally speaking i would say that he along with a handful of others [Honigstein being another] represent the more rational and knowledgeable voices among the footballing media in this country. You may disagree with an argument yet more often than not you must acknowledge the reasoning of it, he doesn't so readily descend into cliches and serving as the mouthpiece for agents [a failing of Fleet Street].

Even if he is spot on, the motivation for Fabregas encouraging our interest could be entirely with his future Barcelona career in mind.

With the way Barcelona and Real so dominate the TV rights out in Spain as well as recent successes in the CL, that they'd be feeling the pinch right now. Mind you they have made a couple of spectacularly disappointing high end transfers. That and they overcompensate somewhat so far as wages are concerned.

If true though, perhaps it isn't necessarily a question of how much we up our bid by as to what extent we'll give the bulk of it up front.

A tough off topic so apologies, although if La Liga were to switch to a collective TV rights deal in the near future, how sustainable is their present financial model then?

Was excited to hear if Moyes had anything to say on Fabregas before Saturday's game but I forgot he won't mention players, the respectful bore. :(

As far as I'm concerned we need to to wrap up this CM signing before August, whether it may be Fabregas, Modric or whoever. The said CM will be a huge part of our team this upcoming season and we need him to get as much pre-season under his belt as possible.

Was excited to hear if Moyes had anything to say on Fabregas before Saturday's game but I forgot he won't mention players, the respectful bore. :(

He can be as boring as he like as long as he doesn't stop searching and making things happen.

As far as I'm concerned we need to to wrap up this CM signing before August, whether it may be Fabregas, Modric or whoever. The said CM will be a huge part of our team this upcoming season and we need him to get as much pre-season under his belt as possible.

Moyes admitted himself that we're short in midfield. Can't see this summer without proper addition to not only depth but also quality of the team.

I don't mind even if we'll overpay, as long as it will increase our chances in defending the title and progressing in Champions League challenge.

Moyes admitted himself that we're short in midfield. Can't see this summer without proper addition to not only depth but also quality of the team.

I don't mind even if we'll overpay, as long as it will increase our chances in defending the title and progressing in Champions League challenge.

I agree that CM purchases will be made at some point during the summer, but it's extremely frustrating having just missed out on Thiago and Strootman. Of course, Thiago is not really Moyes' fault and it's debatable whether we were ever in for Strootman in the first place but how many other top drawer targets are left and available?

I'd say Fabregas and Gundogan are out of reach, and out of the proven, near world-class replacements there aren't many left. Perhaps break the bank to sign Modric. Hopefully Moyes is working on that.

He is from Switzerland, he knows as much about what Barca are thinking than we do with United

Yes, but what I'm saying is, he follows the club and watches more of them than we do. I've seen him post very articulately previously on why Cesc hasn't quite fitted in.

I agree that CM purchases will be made at some point during the summer, but it's extremely frustrating having just missed out on Thiago and Strootman. Of course, Thiago is not really Moyes' fault and it's debatable whether we were ever in for Strootman in the first place but how many other top drawer targets are left and available?

I'd say Fabregas and Gundogan are out of reach, and out of the proven, near world-class replacements there aren't many left. Perhaps break the bank to sign Modric. Hopefully Moyes is working on that.

I really don't think that we were in or him because he has gone to Roma, for not too much money, despite saying that his dream move was to the PL. I can't see any reason that we wouldn't have got him if we actually wanted him.
Can't see Modric coming either. His form at the end of last season really improved there and I don't see why he would be looking to move, he will be looking to build on that late season form.

Moyes will soon learn that the majority of the best players wouldnt want to join us and those who would want to join us will only do it if we spend a fee which is reasonable.

If he wants to stay then there's no point in insisting on him.

Moyes will soon learn that the majority of the best players wouldnt want to join us and those who would want to join us will only do it if we spend a fee which is reasonable.

Loads of top clubs would prefer to join us over other clubs they've moved to in recent years, the main problem is that we don't have the money those clubs have to lure them here and aren't willing to pay the wages. The idea that we as a club can't attract top players is dumb.

I really don't think that we were in or him because he has gone to Roma, for not too much money, despite saying that his dream move was to the PL. I can't see any reason that we wouldn't have got him if we actually wanted him.
Can't see Modric coming either. His form at the end of last season really improved there and I don't see why he would be looking to move, he will be looking to build on that late season form.

Modric wouldn't be looking to move per se, but if he was offered a good deal to come here I don't see why he would not give it some strong thought. Alonso-Khederia has been first choice for a while, and while Alonso might not be first choice anymore Real just signed Asier Illarmendri(sp?) for a huge sum so he will be expected to be challenging for hte first team spot.

Put it this way, Modric makes more sense than Fabregas or Gundogan, and I don't see who else is available that is bordering on that kind of world class talent.

Loads of top clubs would prefer to join us over other clubs they've moved to in recent years, the main problem is that we don't have the money those clubs have to lure them here and aren't willing to pay the wages. The idea that we as a club can't attract top players is dumb.

That's one of the reasons (there other issues like the city). Anyway my point still stand. For one reason or another the majority of top players would not want to come to the red side of Manchester.

That's one of the reasons (there other issues like the city). Anyway my point still stand. For one reason or another the majority of top players would not want to come to the red side of Manchester.

It doesn't stand. There's a difference between the player wanting to come here and us not being willing to offer the ridiculous fees that the Chelsea's. City's, PSG's, Monaco's whomever do.

Status
Not open for further replies.