Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wuz robbed when it came to Cesc. fecking Barca cnuts.

Have to agree man. Its rare that Barca & Real pay over the odds for a player & in many cases they get them cheaper than what other clubs are willing to pay or value him at. Once the players head is turned & he decides that its Real or Barca or none, then the sellin club have to let him go.. unhappy player & all that jazz...

Swap them Rooney plus a few quid. That's the only way I can see Barca being interested.
I can't see it happening. The only reason why they'd ever sell Fabregas would be because he doesn't seem to suit their style - he wants to stay, he's a world class midfielder and he's still very young. To take a player who'd suit them even less in a swap deal would be silly, Rooney isn't cut for this Barcelona side.

Although my line-up was just a wishlist & a bitta craic, the likes of Garay/Marquinhos, Fellaini, Baines, Bale, Ronnie & Fabregas, are all doable if we cough up using this warchest we supposedly have - its as simple as that in my opinion...
Yeah I reckon so aswel, that is of course if the oodles of cash are sitting there under uncle Malcolm's bed. If this Fabregas deal s to be pulled off I can see about 40 million eurons being the fee. We are badly in need of a top quality cm so I'm sure they will take the hand off us. The other supposed clubs being involved obviously wouldn't help neither.

I can't see Rooney going to Barca. FC Barca (the poster!) can probably offer greater insight, but I'm pretty sure one of the main criticisms of Fabregas has been that he's a little too wasteful and untrained (compared to players who've been at Barca their entire careers). They'd hate Rooney with his penchant for misplacing ten yard passes.

I can't see Rooney going to Barca. FC Barca (the poster!) can probably offer greater insight, but I'm pretty sure one of the main criticisms of Fabregas has been that he's a little too wasteful and untrained (compared to players who've been at Barca their entire careers). They'd hate Rooney with his penchant for misplacing ten yard passes.
As a inside forward though he's actually quite good at setting other people up. Sure even if he went there he'd be playing second fiddle to messi and co. I don't see him ending up there myself. I don't think I even have an idea of what the feck is gonna happen with em full stop, and I don't think I care neither.

I found his comment about wanting to stay interesting. Particularly the "unless Barca don't want me to" line. I can't work out if it was full of confidence that they would never let him go or whether he feels a bit out of place and be would accept his fate if it was their wish.

As a inside forward though he's actually quite good at setting other people up. Sure even if he went there he'd be playing second fiddle to messi and co. I don't see him ending up there myself. I don't think I even have an idea of what the feck is gonna happen with em full stop, and I don't think I care neither.

Barca are stacked out though - even beyond Messi and Neymar, they have Alexis and Pedro. Just doesn't seem a natural fit to me.

I found his comment about wanting to stay interesting. Particularly the "unless Barca don't want me to" line. I can't work out if it was full of confidence that they would never let him go or whether he feels a bit out of place and be would accept his fate if it was their wish.

The whole statement by Tito was weird. Fact is, Barca could've just dismissed the whole thing out of hand and said that he's not for sale. But they went for some half baked response, saying merely that the player wants to say. To me, and maybe it's me being hopeful, Tito seemed to be leaving the door open. Surely if a club wants to retain a player, they say "he's staying put, we have no intention to sell"...?

The whole statement by Tito was weird. Fact is, Barca could've just dismissed the whole thing out of hand and said that he's not for sale. But they went for some half baked response, saying merely that the player wants to say. To me, and maybe it's me being hopeful, Tito seemed to be leaving the door open. Surely if a club wants to retain a player, they say "he's staying put, we have no intention to sell"...?

I can see the logic behind it as a hands off statement though. Basically: "don't even bother, the player has no interest in leaving us".

It's actually a more solid than saying " we don't want to sell" because sometimes it ends up not down to the club. They are saying that even if they get tempted by an offer, Cesc won't want to discuss personal terms.

What makes it weird though is that Fabregas' own statement combined with theirs conflicts because Barca didn't rule out the idea that they might want to sell they just said Fabregas doesn't want to leave while Fabregas says "I don't want to leave but I will if the club want to sell me.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, it's sitting at about 5% chance ATM for me.

I can see the logic behind it as a hands off statement though. Basically: "don't even bother, the player has no interest in leaving us".

It's actually a more solid than saying " we don't want to sell" because sometimes it ends up not down to the club. They are saying that even if they get tempted by an offer, Cesc won't want to discuss personal terms.

What makes it weird though is that Fabregas' own statement combined with theirs conflicts because Barca didn't rule out the idea that they might want to sell they just said Fabregas doesn't want to leave while Fabregas says "I don't want to leave but I will if the club want to sell me.

I'm not going to get my hopes up, it's sitting at about 5% chance ATM for me.

I see where you're coming from, but if Cesc has said he wants to stay, then Barca could easily forcefully state they don't intend to sell. The fact is, Tito's statement leaves the door open. A lot of the reports yesterday, before Tito's statement, suggested that Cesc prefers to stay at Barca, but he'll leave if he's not wanted. In that situation, you'd think the club would want to take steps to underscore their commitment to retaining the player and reassuring him.

That's a long-winded way of me saying that if Cesc wants to stay (understandable), why haven't Barca nipped this in the bud? The bid has been lodged for a long while now, and while it was a case of low-balling, I've got a sneaky feeling it's the basis for negotiations.

All this speculation reminds me of the summer we signed Veron. We were linked with this player and that player and in the end paid over the odds for a player who would have been at his best in a role we never purchased him to play and never used him in. Fabregas to United? Chance'd be a fine thing.

All this speculation reminds me of the summer we signed Veron. We were linked with this player and that player and in the end paid over the odds for a player who would have been at his best in a role we never purchased him to play and never used him in. Fabregas to United? Chance'd be a fine thing.

What? Fabregas would probably be the perfect partner to Carrick.

What? Fabregas would probably be the perfect partner to Carrick.

Well tbf we'd probably still need someone more defensively stronger for the bigger games. Fabregas would help us destroy the average teams even more and aid our chances against the best teams, but we'd still probably need someone else in there too.

We'd be using Fabregas in his correct position, there's no one in our team that could block his way. He'd be a starter and our best midfielder from day one. It's not like we have Scholes and Keane like during Veron days.

Actually his situation at Barcelona reminds me of Veron at United. Seldom played where he's supposed to play, instead used in a role he's not really used to and underperforming.

We'd be using Fabregas in his correct position, there's no one in our team that could block his way. He'd be a starter and our best midfielder from day one. It's not like we have Scholes and Keane like during Veron days.

Actually his situation at Barcelona reminds me of Veron at United. Seldom played where he's supposed to play, instead used in a role he's not really used to and underperforming.

Good point.

Were the United fans arseholes towards Veron during that time?

It is very strange that we bid so publicly for him when the chances of the in selling him and the chances of Cesc actually wanting to leave were near impossible. I'm glad this was put to bed after 24 hours rather than having to endure another saga. What worries me is there are not really any realistic options out there.

It is very strange that we bid so publicly for him when the chances of the in selling him and the chances of Cesc actually wanting to leave were near impossible. I'm glad this was put to bed after 24 hours rather than having to endure another saga. What worries me is there are not really any realistic options out there.

Is this one closed though? I've got a sneaky feeling...

Why is it put to bed on the basis of the initial bid apparently being declined?

Barcelona are heavily linked with a £35m move for Thiago Silva and have already invested heavily in Neymar. Whatever Thiago got off the wage bill it'll be insufficient to balance the books.

That Veron comparison is very good indeed.

Tbf he was very good as an a/m for Arsenal in his last few seasons, if we did get him it would be curious to see where he plays. I still think Kagawa could play tucked in from the left, which would leave a nice spot for Fab right behind RVP.

Has our bid even been rejected yet?

A public announcement of it hasn't been made of it has but it's perfectly feasible that its been rejected and nobody told the press.

Is this one closed though? I've got a sneaky feeling...
I was very sceptical about RVP to be fair however there was some major differences. RVP wanted to win things and play for a bigger club, Cesc is already at a huge club (and his dream club) so why would he want to join us? I heard a stat today he played more minutes than any other player at Barcelona ( not sure how true that is) and his major competition for his place his getting on a bit too. He doesn't even have to worry about Thiago snapping at his heels either. I seriously wouldn't get excited about this.

Very good comparison.

Gab Marcotti was co-presenting on the radio tonight and during a segment about Barcelona's woes and Pep ruffling a few feathers at Bayern, he made it plain that he was in little doubt that Fabregas and his people invited our 30 million bid.

He is from Switzerland, he knows as much about what Barca are thinking than we do with United

Who did he annoy at FCBuyem

It was more a process of deduction from Marcotti about who he believes will be the losers out of Thiago's arrival and Guardiola's appointment. Either in the immediate to medium term they mentioned: Muller, Croos and Robben. And that Martinez will probably find himself back in defence.

Now we've got someone feeding the media (Telegraph and Guardian so far) that the deal is quite possible because Barcelona need the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.