Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
since when does making a bid out of nowhere that Barcelona were never going to accept for a player who had no intention of coming here constitute as "trying very hard"?

Well it takes some gut to make such a ridiculous offer public

Lets face it, we don't have a (midfield) transfer strategy. You'd have thought we'd have identified midfield targets throughout the season. It was a shot to nothing after the Thiago failure.

Like I said before, it was hopeless even putting in a bit. We'd have more luck if we offered that or a bit more for the likes of Kroos, Vidal or Marchisio. Trying to take a player of Cesc's quality, away from the team he grew up supporting and started his career off especially right after they sold a midfielder is just pointless.

What do all our scouts fecking do these days?

Did Fergie have the FM game set to 5 star potential wingers and strikers in the ages of <24?

He clearly forgot to add midfielders :(

Wow, we've turned into Arsenal, making bids for players that'll obviouslybe rejectected to make it look like we're after players.

Also, how stupid would they look if the news is true about our interest in Thiago dropping once Moyes was told he could go after anyone he wants, so he decided to go after Fabregas because he was a more sure thing (not that I think it is true mind you).

I don't think Fergie or Gill would ever have made a silly offer like that nor let it go public. It's just baffling really.

I don't think Fergie or Gill would ever have made a silly offer like that nor let it go public. It's just baffling really.

New Cheif Exec trying to get a bit of limelight. He's only made himself look like a mug though.

I don't get why people think it's embarrassing? Who cares, it provided us some fun for 24 hours.

Also, how stupid would they look if the news is true about our interest in Thiago dropping once Moyes was told he could go after anyone he wants, so he decided to go after Fabregas because he was a more sure thing (not that I think it is true mind you).

It's blindingly obvious the stuff about Moyes not wanting Thiago is false. We wanted him, he chose Bayern, we had a punt on Fabregas. After the Tito comments today, nothing else makes any sense. Unless we're proper stupid and decided to wait until the day their other midfield player left before making an approach, but that would just be monumentally dumb. Now hopefully we start to bid for other quality players like Vidal.

I don't get why people think it's embarrassing? Who cares, it provided us some fun for 24 hours.

Bidding a fee that was never going to be accepted for a player that was always completely unobtainable and letting it go public only for it to be completely rejected 24 hours later.

If Arsenal did that, we'd be pissing all over them.

Hmmmm, so he never said he wasn't for sale? It's on then.

Thiago was the one anyway. If there was ever any remote chance we could get him we should have gone all out as soon as the season ended. Different breed altogether to Fab I think, as good as he is himself.

IF we really made a bid, this isn't over yet.

There is certainly some game playing going on.

Moyes logic;

>Target A wants out of Club A because Target B is taking his place.

>> Lose Target A to Club B with already overcrowded midfield.

>>> Decide to make ludicrous offer for a midfielder.

>>>> Make ludicrous offer for Target B.

>>>>> Baffle everyone.

We wouldn't have put a bid in for him if we wasn't sure he would come, no? We never bid for Thiago cause he didn't give us the go ahead.

Hmmmm, so he never said he wasn't for sale? It's on then.

Well if you think about it, Fabregas wouldn't get a loyalty bonus if he said he wanted to leave and if they said they wanted to sell him then they wouldn't be able to ask as much transfer fee. Yeah well done summit, there's still life in this yet.

In a dream world, we would sign Fabregas and then Barcelona will sign mata and silva. Unfortunately we don't live in a dream world :(

I'm honestly more disspointed about this one than Thiago.

Thiago sagas happen, he choose Bayern over us. Fine, that sucks but there's nothing we can do.

Then our response to that is to go after a player we should have known that we could not get, leak the bid to the press and look like knobs. It's amatuer and a very frightening start to life without Gill/Fergie.

Bidding a fee that was never going to be accepted for a player that was always completely unobtainable and letting it go public only for it to be completely rejected 24 hours later.

If Arsenal did that, we'd be pissing all over them.

Yeah but the last 24 hours have been a right hoot though right? It was worth it.

Just a bit of Moyesy banter, lads. No need to get upset. We're all having a laugh here.

This could have been worse if it dragged on lads. We are lucky to be let off so lightly. Imagine if Agent De Gea had got a chance to write on Cesc's ball before we were shot down? So much heartbreak.

IF we really made a bid, this isn't over yet.

There is certainly some game playing going on.

The only game here is Utd testing Barcelona to see whether they want the player or not. Cesc by no means wants to leave Barcelona at this point. It would be interesting to see if Barcelona accepts the bid and he still doesn't want to leave.

What we didn't have is two legitimate starters. The midfield was fine as a sum of parts. Carrick was the constant. Cleverley was very good until the Real game. Anderson played his part in the cup games. Giggs and Jones did their bit in some others. As a whole we weren't catastrophic as a lot of posters make it sound.

You think it was crazy but Sir Alex didn't and he won the title. Is it possible that may be he knew more than you do?

There is nothing to suggest that Scholes was forced out of retirement.

Sir alex didn't think the midfield was adequate. He said it last preseason that we have a problem there:

Ferguson said: “I think Carrick is the key to it. He did really well in second half of last season and I think he's going to be the key man.
“Scholes and Giggs will obviously play their part and Tom Cleverley hopefully, as well as Anderson if he keeps fit. They will all play a part but for me Carrick is the key player.
But we do have an issue in central midfield, there is no doubt about that because getting a Scholes or a Carrick is very difficult these days.
“We have the boy Powell coming through but he is young and, although he is a very good talent, he will eventually be a midfield player.

You might want to pretend its fine but Moyes would be foolish not to address the one area that even Sir Alex agrees is an "issue"

Status
Not open for further replies.