Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bidding a fee that was never going to be accepted for a player that was always completely unobtainable and letting it go public only for it to be completely rejected 24 hours later.

If Arsenal did that, we'd be pissing all over them.

I'd have thought other clubs fans would be bored by now laughing at us for losing out on transfer targets. The Fabregas bid was a decent punt, but desperate for sure. Now we move on to the next target.

At least it was only 24hrs. We didn't want another long drawn out disappointment again. A one-night stand transfer style cock up and we can move on to the next target. Much better than a loveless month long affair.

Exactly, a nice one night stand to get over the heartbreak of Thiago. Guess what, it's worked. And I wouldn't even remember the name either if it wasn't in the thread title.

The only game here is Utd testing Barcelona to see whether they want the player or not. Cesc by no means wants to leave Barcelona at this point. It would be interesting to see if Barcelona accepts the bid and he still doesn't want to leave.

Exactly. Fabregas is playing it safe in case Barca don't accept. As soon as they do, he can play the unwanted player card.

Like I say, if the first bid was genuine, there will be more and things can change very quickly.

Mental stuff. In a bold move to curry favour with fans, David Moyes appears to have handed over transfer dealings to the Caf. I for one can't wait to see our next move.

It would be interesting to test barca and see what happens should we table a 40m bid.

The only game here is Utd testing Barcelona to see whether they want the player or not. Cesc by no means wants to leave Barcelona at this point. It would be interesting to see if Barcelona accepts the bid and he still doesn't want to leave.

I Barca accepted a bid he would go. Accepting a bid tells a player that they aren't in the long term plans, especially at a team like Barca who have no need to sell.

What remains to be seen is if we up the bid, will Barca accept 30-40m. If they did I believe the player would talk to us.

I'd personally prefer to see us move onto other targets such as Vidal. Although I think the next player will be Fellaini, which is certain success.

Exactly. Fabregas is playing it safe in case Barca don't accept. As soon as they do, he can play the unwanted player card.

Like I say, if the first bid was genuine, there will be more and things can change very quickly.

Sounds plausible but theres nothinh to suggest either Barca or Fabregas are willing to agree to a deal

Saying he spoke to Fab at beginning of summer who said at the time he wanted to stay. We already knew that. Nothing has changed

Game on mother feckers

"I know he has received offers from other teams," Vilanova reveals.
"But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here, he has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona. He doesn't want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time.
"He knows there is competition for places here but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation."

Fabregas would look like a massive mug if he left now, 'hardball' talk is wishful thinking.

No surprise. I did say the moment Cesc opened his mouth, it would be over. Absolutely no reason for him to leave Barcelona, especially at this time.

On to the next target and let's hope he's more willing.

We don't have the pulling power we used to :(

It's obvious we'll end up with a £40m Fellaini & Baines gift-wrapped package from Everton.

Chuck in a generic £10m center-back and we're good to go!

This is the problem we have now though. We went for Thiago and failed, immediately slapped a bid in for Fab (which will fail), so what top CM will join us now knowing they are sloppy thirds?

I'd have thought other clubs fans would be bored by now laughing at us for losing out on transfer targets. The Fabregas bid was a decent punt, but desperate for sure. Now we move on to the next target.
Jesus fecking Christ. Other fans are laughing at us, are they? They must take the month of May off most years.

This much be a smokescreen for someone else? It pretty ridiculous in this day and age to bid for someone and they flat our reject you. Communication would have gone on with the player or agent (yes, tapping) if we they had some interest in joining.

I don't think Fergie or Gill would ever have made a silly offer like that nor let it go public. It's just baffling really.

That's where I am struggling with Moyes and the board already. It just seems a bit like amateur hour.

If we do make another bid, I doubt that it'll take very long. We'll want to move onto other targets if it's a lost cause.

Surely if Fabregas was available, then Arsenal would use their buy back clause? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't, especially when they have the money. I think Fabregas would be a great signing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Doesnt mean Fabregas would necessary want to go back to Arsenal, but if he did - surely they would have known about it & it would have been Arsenal putting that bid in instead of us?!

I've heard this a couple of times in the past day, so i did a bittuva check on the interweb. It seems that Fabregas has a 4 month old kiddie who's based in London with his 38 year old lebanese-born milf girlfriend. She's goin through a messy divorce with some millionaire bloke (who they have 2 kids with) & they're fighting over the London home. So most likely she doesnt want to leave London or England in general because of the kids & he now wants to come back but only to the right club that matches his ambitions!​
Cant believe i'm speculating like a feckin woman reading Hello! Magazine :lol::o

EDIT: Just seen the updates... bollox, thats that then!

Having a bid for a player rejected is embarrassing? You people live sheltered lives.

Barca upping the price.

;)

They were never going to come out and say thanks for the bid, most kind of you. It was always going to be a Rooneyesque, the player won't be leaving, the player is staying or in this case the player wants to stay.

Had Fabregas shouted that he wanted to leave the situation for him could easily have become untenable, should we not up the bid to Barcas acceptable level.

If Moyes has been given the heads up to go for it by Fabregas' agent, the bids will follow and he will be secured.

All conjecture, but you can be sure if we see another improved bid, then it truly is on behind the scenes.

He ought to be at OT, earning a proper wage.

Having a bid for a player rejected is embarrassing? You people live sheltered lives.

I think being publicly turned down repeatedly, bid or no bid, is hardly ideal now is it?

Not to mention the players we do eventually end up with will be obvious 3rd or 4th choice players, which can't be the most flattering.

Status
Not open for further replies.