Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona press conference with Vilanova is being streamed live on their website now. I dont speak spanish but we may know a bit more soon.

This was the stupidest bid in the history of our stupid bids. I think Moyes got overexcited at having a budget and forgot he wasn't playing Championship Manager.

This was a waste of everyone's time. Now, the club looks like Arsenal...bidding for players it knows it can't get.

It's baffling that we made a bid in this case. Did we actually expect Fabregas to even consider leaving? it's all very strange.

No problem. We tried very hard and obviously have the money to get the best midfielders in the world. Now we have shown that lets sign afro man

Well I wanted to know if there was anything else.

Metro are hardly renowned for grounbreaking news or insider scoops.

No mate, it was very small, blown up by speculation, the only thing was the 'not transferable', and even that quote has come from 'a source close to the club', which for me is still rubbish, but listening to other 'sources' in here, people seem to like to throw all the information together....

I don't see personally that Barcelona will come out and respond to this, if in fact they do by the end of the week, they tend to take their time..

It was fun while it lasted, now let's just concentrate on fellaini and be done with it.

No problem. We tried very hard and obviously have the money to get the best midfielders in the world. Now we have shown that lets sign afro man

since when does making a bid out of nowhere that Barcelona were never going to accept for a player who had no intention of coming here constitute as "trying very hard"?

Can't help but feel we've been played. The club isn't stupid enough to place a bid for him immediately after they sold Thiago unless someone gave a green signal. Maybe this was a PR exercise by Barcelona to make their fans warm up to Fabragas after losing Thiago, and used United.

So now if we end up signing a midfielder they will know they were third choice. Great.

Seems a very Spurs-like bid, where they either big for unachievable players or too late in the transfer market in a way to try and show the fans that they're trying, Damio and Moutinho spring to mind. Realistically the lad has worked his bollocks off to make his way back to arguably the best team in the world, he's not going to give that up for anything unless he's told he's not wanted by the club.

Thiago? check.

Fabregas? check.

Fellaini? SCORE

Can't help but feel we've been played. The club isn't stupid enough to place a bid for him immediately after they sold Thiago unless someone gave a green signal. Maybe this was a PR exercise by Barcelona to make their fans warm up to Fabragas after losing Thiago, and used United.

No, it was the english journalists who were fed the info. If anyone did it - and someone did - it was United. Nothing to do with Barcelona.

since when does making a bid out of nowhere that Barcelona were never going to accept for a player who hd d no intention of coming here constitude as "trying very hard"?

Well it takes a lot of time to come up with a bid that is so shocking that it has Barca laughing for well over 18 hours.

But thats a rubbish point.

Ince was clearly considering joining, the fact the deal broke down wouldn't change the basic assumption that Cardiff wouldn't have gone for him if they thought he wouldn't even consider it.

Deals break down all the time, I agree, but that doesn't mean that the player was never interested.

Maybe he isn't the best example then.

Nacer Chadli has said he has no interest in joining Swansea the other day, for example. Not to mention Pablo Oswaldo apparently doing the same as I mentioned before, despite his club agreeing to the bid.

Berbatov rejected Manchester City, Alexis Sanchez rejected Manchest City, Kaka rejected Manchester City.... in fact I'm quite liking this trend :lol:

We've literally just tried to get a player who wanted to leave because this player was in his place. This player, that's only been at Barca for two years after angling for it for about four and is now virtually unchallenged to take over from the guy he was bought to take over from, at the club he wants to be at. It's just monumentally dumb.

Well done all involved.

Maybe he isn't the best example then.

Nacer Chadli has said he has no interest in joining Swansea the other day, for example. Not to mention Pablo Oswaldo apparently doing the same as I mentioned before, despite his club agreeing to the bid.

Berbatov rejected Manchester City, Alexis Sanchez rejected Manchest City, Kaka rejected Manchester City.... in fact I'm quite liking this trend :lol:

:lol:

In fairness, the Kaka bid was basically City just causing mischief. Even then I think he pretty seriously considered it.

Status
Not open for further replies.