Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand this bid at all. I'd love to know what's happening behind the scenes. Maybe Moyes can write a biography and have a chapter titled the day I bid for Fabregas for some reason, that no one really understood, because he didn't want to leave but he might have if we asked nicely, but he didn't.

I think being publicly turned down repeatedly, bid or no bid, is hardly ideal now is it?

Not to mention the players we do eventually end up with will be obvious 3rd or 4th choice players, which can't be the most flattering.
But we're always shit at securing players, and never, ever get our top targets, yet still manage to make transfers. So, obviously not all players mind being 4th or 5th choice, right?

Wow. A transfer has never happened in history where the opening offer has been declined. Has it?

We're making history here.

Muppets I urge you all to stand your ground and unite in our pursuit of Fab.

There will be some people (lets call them the anti muppets) who will tell us that this is embarrassing, that this will not happen, that this is a smokescreen, that they're gay, that Fabregas would rather go to Arsenal, that Barcelona won't sell, that they're gay and that we're only going to sign Fellaini for £22m.

My message is simple, kill them, fecking kill them all and lets make this deal happen in this transfer window or the next.

I think being publicly turned down repeatedly, bid or no bid, is hardly ideal now is it?

Not to mention the players we do eventually end up with will be obvious 3rd or 4th choice players, which can't be the most flattering.
It's not ideal in the sense that we aren't attracting the players we feel we need. Embarrassment has feck all to do with it. Are Liverpool fans in floods of tear because that guy from Shaktar Donetsk decided not to sign for them? Does anybody care? If we were losing players to Swanse or something I can sense some 'embarrassement' but we're talking about players playing for Barcelona and Bayern Munich for fecks sake.

You think a footballer being offered the chance of playing for Manchester United and the opportunity to vastly improve their wages will have their feelings hurt by being third choice? I hope for their sake they aren't the big women who populate this forum.

You know if this was PSG or Real bidding they would get him. They'd just whack in £32-35m next. And if that doesn't get him they'd go for £40m.

That's what we should do. Make it so they can't say no.

It's harsh because we don't know the ins and outs of it, but is this Woodward's inexperience showing a little?

I could never have imagined us bidding £25m publicly for Fabregas if Gill was at the helm.

Having a bid for a player rejected is embarrassing? You people live sheltered lives.

Yeh but leaking a bid that is bound to be rejected looks amateurish, if it is indeed deliberate. What are United hoping to accomplish? Hamstring Barcelona?

I would prefer the club (who have recently stated money is no object) to contact Barcelona and ask how much is acceptable. Then it's up to Fabregas. The only way this is going to work is if Fabregas wants to join United.....even then Barca won't just say "Ok £25 million it is" they will demand their own price. If that is upwards of 40 million then I would like to see how United react to that. Would be very interesting indeed.

But we're always shit at securing players, and never, ever get our top targets, yet still manage to make transfers. So, obviously not all players mind being 4th or 5th choice, right?
No, they sulk. That's why Veron was shit for us. It was because we were linked with Vieira first.

GM :lol:

Without direct quotes from Cesc, and without Tito stating that the player's not for sale, this 'news' means nothing. It could be a 'managed exit', arranged so that both player & club don't look bad in the eyes of their fans.

HOW is it shambolic because some people on the internet think it is?

fecking hell. People who know NOTHING of the pre-negotiations, NOTHING of the signals we've been getting from the player or club, NOTHING of the ground work that went into the bid...declare it 'shambolic' so it is.

How is a club making a bid for a player shambolic. It's as if we're all unaware that most transfer bids are usually always turned down in the first instance. All we have to go on is that we've made a bid. Oh what a fecking shambles, eh?

Stop being such a drama queen mate. It's just a bit of summer bum fun, chill out a bit... you always seem so angry.

Without direct quotes from Cesc, and without Tito stating that the player's not for sale, this 'news' means nothing. It could be a 'managed exit', arranged so that both player & club don't look bad in the eyes of their fans.

You're evidently talking to people who have never witnessed a transfer in their entire lives. Half of us are probably wondering why we've offered money and not bartered in fecking livestock, as must surely be customary.

Wow. A transfer has never happened in history where the opening offer has been declined. Has it?

We're making history here.

Quite!

I wouldn't want to go to war with some of the tumbleweed in here. :-) Run for the hills Barca said no to a shit offer.

Do people really take notice of what their mates/other clubs' fans think? Who gives a feck about people who are always looking for ways to have a dig?

fecking hell. People who know NOTHING of the pre-negotiations, NOTHING of the signals we've been getting from the player or club, NOTHING of the ground work that went into the bid...declare it 'shambolic' so it is.

How is a club making a bid for a player shambolic. It's as if we're all unaware that most transfer bids are usually always turned down in the first instance. All we have to go on is that we've made a bid. Oh what a fecking shambles, eh?

Another drama queen here.

Yeh but leaking a bid that is bound to be rejected bid is amateurish, if it is indeed deliberate. What are United hoping to accomplish? Hamstring Barcelona?

I would prefer the club (who have recently stated money is no object) to contact Barcelona and ask how much is acceptable. Then it's up to Fabregas. The only way this is going to work is if Fabregas wants to join United.....even then Barca won't just say "Ok £25 million it is" they will demand their own price. If that is upwards of 40 million then I would like to see how United react to that. Would be very interesting indeed.
Who said Utd leaked it? Even if the leak came from Utd who's to say it was deliberate and not somebody out to make money? Fergie himself mentioned in his interview after the Swansea game about how the club leaked too much information. Anyone who thinks this is unique has been living in a bubble.

This might be hard for you to take on board but I think the men who run one of the most successful football clubs in the world know a little bit more about this kind of thing than Comsmit off the internet.

Quite!

I wouldn't want to go to war with some of the tumbleweed in here. :-) Run for the hills Barca said no to a shit offer.

I think this means we have to give up our PL medals from last year. No doubt the share price will tumble. Every one will ask to leave and the TV companies will refuse to air our matches now after this embarrassment.

What's next? Going a goal behind in a game? *shudders*

Do people really take notice of what their mates/other clubs' fans think? Who gives a feck about people who are always looking for ways to have a dig?

It's not like we can throw 5 titles in 7 years at them. oh wait...

Obviously.

Very little difference to Moyes saying Rooney isn't for sale. Fans here are to quick to take the news that perceives us in a bad light and run with it. Miserable bastards.

That article is by Jamie Jackson I believe, the same guy who said that the Thiago deal was close.

That guy is really unreliable and seems pretty poorly connected. Daniel Taylor was way better when he covered us for the Guardian

The thing that makes the bid look crap is the fact that Tito has not come out and said that Barca don't want to sell he's said that the player does not want to leave. That's very easy stuff for us to find out before hand.

Do you have shit in your ears?

Seriously how many more times do people have to say this?

Calm yourself, Fagg - I'm not joking. I actually think he may be an option for Moyes if others aren't available. I haven't made any other shite jokes about Osman, Hibbert etc.

I would love us to sign Fab, but I just can't see it happening since Barca sold Thiago.

Nobody is geting animated (well, very much anyway) but the level of discussion is just offensively shit.

A bid is rumoured to have been turned down.

"Oh that's that then. It's all shambolic" etc. I wonder what people's reactions are here to conceding a corner. Must be like that disney film about lemmings.

Stop being such a drama queen mate. It's just a bit of summer bum fun, chill out a bit... you always seem so angry.
Yeah, one of the few not shouting from the rooftops about how shit we are at transfers, how embarrassing this all is and how shambolic we are is the person in the thread who is angry and being a drama queen. What's fun about all these posts? Are they all tongue in cheek and I'm missing it?

It's not ideal in the sense that we aren't attracting the players we feel we need. Embarrassment has feck all to do with it. Are Liverpool fans in floods of tear because that guy from Shaktar Donetsk decided not to sign for them? Does anybody care? If we were losing players to Swanse or something I can sense some 'embarrassement' but we're talking about players playing for Barcelona and Bayern Munich for fecks sake.

You think a footballer being offered the chance of playing for Manchester United and the opportunity to vastly improve their wages will have their feelings hurt by being third choice? I hope for their sake they aren't the big women who populate this forum.

Well I think, given the 'size' of our club, we should be able to have a fair fight with other clubs of similar size. Liverpool are not even a CL team, so Mkhtaryian not joining them is fairly normal I'd say, unless the idea was simply to come to England.

As for the second paragraph, it depends on the calibre of player you are referring too. I'm sure that no matter who rejects us this summer, if we turned to James McCarthy, he'd be over the moon. But then again, he is unlikely to be choosing between United, Barcelona, Bayern, Dortmund, Juve etc. And as a team that is competing with such teams, I'd assume we'd want players on at least a similar level as theirs.

Status
Not open for further replies.