Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am surprised so many people think 25m is a frivolous bid for him. His value if anything has decreased since he signed for Barcelona so why on earth would we pay them more than they signed him for?

On another note, think of what David Moyes must be feeling right now. From bargain deals here and there to 26 million pound bids.

I am surprised so many people think 25m is a frivolous bid for him. His value if anything has decreased since he signed for Barcelona so why on earth would we pay them more than they signed him for?

Because he had made it very clear he wanted to leave Arsenal for Barca, and he has made it very clear that he doesn't want to leave Barca at all. Which makes this bid a waste of time anyway if you ask me, but hypothetically it means that Barca can look for a high price.

On another note, think of what David Moyes must be feeling right now. From bargain deals here and there to 26 million pound bids.

They paid £15m for Fellaini. Not sure where the myth comes from that Everton pay feck all for all their players.

He's probably having to adjust quickly. Mind you, I imagine Giggs, SAF and a few other senior figures are guiding him through this process. The man is quite an intelligent coach, you can see why he was picked. I'm sure he'll be fine with it, a little overwhelmed but fine nonetheless.

Cesc Fábregas would consider moving to Manchester United

United have tabled £26m bid for Spanish midfielder
• Fábregas to give serious thought to Barcelona future

Cesc Fábregas would seriously consider a move to Manchester United ifBarcelona were to accept the champions' €30m (£26m) bid to take him to Old Trafford.
While Fábregas is currently minded to stay at Barcelona there is a recognition that if the Catalan club were to give the green light for his sale then the 26-year-old would have to give thought to his future and there would be a decision to be made.
The former Arsenal midfielder has consistently rejected any talk this summer of a move away from Barcelona and even if the club were to signal he could leave, Fábregas, who has three years remaining on his contract, could decide to stay and fight for a regular starting place under the coach, Tito Vilanova.
While Barcelona are yet to make any official public statement regarding their stance on United's offer, Arsenal retain a first buyback option on Fábregas but this is nullified if he does not want a return to the north London club, which appears likely.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jul/16/cesc-fabregas-manchester-united-offer

badoiinnngggggg......mup-erection ahoy

An odd but interesting one. Unlikely we would make a bid without testing the water. Maybe Neymar's arrival has unsettled him, but it could just be Cesc showing us some leg so we bid and make Barca promise him the sun moon and stars.

I believe it's possible Fabregas wants out. It's unreal how they have treated him. Everyone knew they didn't need another player like him in the team, yet they got him and as a result of that he ended up on the bench. He's obviously tired of sitting there and unless he want to sit on the bench for another year he should come to us and become a real star instead of a part time player. He is never going to be anything but a 3rd option in Barca, even more now with Neymar coming. He is too big of a fish to stay there.

Very true... but most of it is 'funny' mad, rather than plain silly... it's like me announcing that we are interested in Fabregas... no quotes from anyone, it's joint less than pointless for me...

I'd have one thread for all unconfirmed transfers so don't push me on the issue.

An odd but interesting one. Unlikely we would make a bid without testing the water. Maybe Neymar's arrival has unsettled him, but it could just be Cesc showing us some leg so we bid and make Barca promise him the sun moon and stars.

Possibly, but "sources" claim it's us that leaked the bid, which is very unlike us in transfer dealings, so I don't think the last part is really applicable, it very much looks like we're leading the way on this one, but yeah, you'd have to imagine that there was some contact with his agent in order for us to actually place the bid in the first place.

I believe it's possible Fabregas wants out. It's unreal how they have treated him. Everyone knew they didn't need another player like him in the team, yet they got him and as a result of that he ended up on the bench. He's obviously tired of sitting there and unless he want to sit on the bench for another year he should come to us and become a real star instead of a part time player. He is never going to be anything but a 3rd option in Barca, even more now with Neymar coming. He is too big of a fish to stay there.

He has played quite a bit though, but yes, not enough to warrant the hoo ha before they signed him.

Didn't he have an outstanding start to his time with them as well? I remember he was scoring for fun.

Possibly, but "sources" claim it's us that leaked the bid, which is very unlike us in transfer dealings, so I don't think the last part is really applicable, it very much looks like we're leading the way on this one, but yeah, you'd have to imagine that there was some contact with his agent in order for us to actually place the bid in the first place.

"sources" have proven to be bollox more than once. That said it could still be an agent playing us, not like it's never happened before. As for unlike us, there is a whole new team involved there, we don't know what us are like just yet.

"sources" have proven to be bollox more than once. That said it could still be an agent playing us, not like it's never happened before.

Oh I know that, hence the quotes. it's possible, but anything is possible with this bid, it's an odd one and under quite strange circumstances so feck knows what the overall play here is from both sides.

:lol: :lol:

Don't you muppets ever learn?!

I laughed my arse off anyway at some of the posts of Cina, Steve, Brophs, Popper, AN and a few others. So thanks for that.

Oh I know that, hence the quotes. it's possible, but anything is possible with this bid, it's an odd one and under quite strange circumstances so feck knows what the overall play here is from both sides.

Yep. It would be a great signing though, he's a bit of a twat, but I could deal with that.

The only way this transfer has legs is if United know that Barca desperately need the money after splurging on Neymar. I reckon Barca still want to keep Fabregas but we're trying to tempt them with a cash-for-gold type offer, knowing that they're in dire straits.

As for Fabregas - he may still want to stick with his boyhood club, but if they were to accept a bid out of financial necessity, he could feel unwanted enough to choose to leave. And United are probably banking on that.

I still don't think this transfer makes sense, but I suppose if we have them over a barrel it could explain our confidence.

I'd have one thread for all unconfirmed transfers so don't push me on the issue.

:lol: I wasn't pushing you... and that's a silly idea too.. the thread would become too confusing, there is nothing wrong with this, but IMO the OP should be updated with tweets/ official source/ quotes etc that way people will know straight away what 'news' has already been posted..

One thing is for certain - Hunter and Lowe are humongous idiots and should not be listened to under any circumstances. Footballing hipsterism at its worst.

Jesus Al, I never thought it would happen, but I agree with you, and even like "Footballing hipsterism". I might use that.

I actually used to like Lowe until he fell madly in love with the sound his own voice made.

The only way this transfer has legs is if United know that Barca desperately need the money after splurging on Neymar. I reckon Barca still want to keep Fabregas but we're trying to tempt them with a cash-for-gold type offer, knowing that they're in dire straits.

As for Fabregas - he may still want to stick with his boyhood club, but if they were to accept a bid out of financial necessity, he could feel unwanted enough to choose to leave. And United are probably banking on that.

I still don't think this transfer makes sense, but I suppose if we have them over a barrel it could explain our confidence.
Why are you assuming were confident though? We could just be trying our luck.

:lol: I wasn't pushing you... and that's a silly idea too.. the thread would become too confusing, there is nothing wrong with this, but IMO the OP should be updated with tweets/ official source/ quotes etc that way people will know straight away what 'news' has already been posted..

It's a fecking great idea if you examine the point of it, which is to annoy all the muppets, and Top.

Why are you assuming were confident though? We could just be trying our luck.
Because clubs don't generally make and then publicise bids unless they think there's a chance of them being successful. Especially United, unless my memory is failing me.

Surely if Fabregas was available, then Arsenal would use their buy back clause? I can't see any reason why they wouldn't, especially when they have the money. I think Fabregas would be a great signing, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.