Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
trying to buy some time when -hopefully -in negotiations with other player/s. Something like "hey Mr. X, you're not the only player we are after".

Seriously, its hard to keep straight face when thinking about this bid

Buying time from whom? Oafs on the internet and Redcafe?

This thread is amazing. A harbinger to the misery if anything goes amiss with a new manager at the helm.

Moyes can't win, can he? If he bid for a top player - its a PR excercise to fool the precious fans. If he misses out on top talent - he is not a fancy foreign manager. If we buy top talent and don't win - he is not good enough, I told you so.

I already feel bad for him. He'll have to go unbeaten and win a treble to stand any chance. The poor fecker.

The mods should be wise and delete the " RAWK goes into meltdown thread". As there is a chance that this place will become worse in the next few months.

We have a new manager and CEO in charge, may be our style/strategy has changed and we have put in a relatively blind bid?

It's hardly a compelling list you've presented there. One player.

Well you didn't set any parameters. You didn't suggest there had to be a list. If there is a list you need to set parameters i.e. From what period in time, cost, comparitive success rate etc.

So sorry for not compelling you but a flippant comment suggested a casual response.

This could turn out to be a painful summer for our resident muppets.

Fabregas eh?
Whilst Fabregas would strike me as more Moyes' 'type' than Thiago, pretty much everything else about this bid is baffling:

- Fabregas doesn't want to leave Barcelona
- Barcelona have just sold Thiago and selling Fabregas would leave them a bit light in midfield given Xavi's recent injury struggles
- We waited until 24 hrs after Thiago left to place our bid for Fabregas (why?)
- The bid is so widely reported and that isn't how we normally go about these things.

Moyes has been going on about us being in for the best players and having money to spend etc etc.
I'm seriously sceptical about this one, although I can't think of a reason that we would ever bid for a player that we knew we had no chance of getting.

It wouldn't make Moyes or the Club look good if we get rejected by two quality midfielders (who the fans had built their hopes up for) in quick succession, and then have to resort to bringing in an inferior, largely unwanted, Fellaini type. At the same time though I just don't see how this bid for Cesc is ever going to be a success.

I was championing the muppetry in the Thiago thread, but I'm going to have to sit on the fence with this one. As much as I want him here, I just don't see it being even slightly plausible.

We've done our part at least. It's all up to Barca and Cesc now.

And Arsenal. I guess Barca are obligated to tell Arsenal that they have a bid on the table for him and Arsenal now need to decide whether they will take up their option on him.

Plenty of miles in this one yet.

This thread is amazing. A harbinger to the misery if anything goes amiss with a new manager at the helm.

Moyes can't win, can he? If he bid for a top player - its a PR excercise to fool the precious fans. If he misses out on top talent - he is not a fancy foreign manager. If we buy top talent and don't win - he is not good enough, I told you so.

I already feel bad for him. He'll have to go unbeaten and win a treble to stand any chance. The poor fecker.

The mods should be wise and delete the " RAWK goes into meltdown thread". As there is a chance that this place will become worse in the next few months.

Excellent post.

When Moyes was appointed, loads of people had concerns that Moyes won't have an higher ambition and will look for tried and tested Everton players. That has not happened till now. I'm encouraged by his start so far, plus the fact that he has briefed the reporters that he wants two midfielders- one a dm and other a goalscoring midfielder is also encouraging.

This will go to the end of the window I think.

I doubt it, don't think we'll be waiting til the last minute to find out if we sign him or not and then miss out on other targets. Besides which, the bid has been placed, the ball is firmly rolling so we shouldn't wait too long either way I'd imagine (hope).

Excellent post.

When Moyes was appointed, loads of people had concerns that Moyes won't have an higher ambition and will look for tried and tested Everton players. That has not happened till now. I'm encouraged by his start so far, plus the fact that he has briefed the reporters that he wants two midfielders- one a dm and other a goalscoring midfielder is also encouraging.

See, some fans are already appeased. It only took one uncomfirmed bid for Fábregas.

I hope that we really want to sign two midfielders but I still don't understand what's the point of bidding for Fábregas. That bid is destined to fail.

Wrong person pal, i was over.the moon when we appointed Moyes. The situation with midfield is a fundamental cock up which Moyes is not accountable for.

Fabregas is obviously a smokescreen for Fellaini.

Like others have said, the manner of this bid seems a bit odd and I'm not entirely sure I believe it.

I actually think this too but I believe we have genuinely made the bid. Although if it is a smokescreen it seems a stupid way to go about it because we just make ourselves look like we aren't capable of signing world class players in the process of buying someone who most fans aren't at all keen on.

Fabregas, Fellaini midfield is this 442?

Moyes should have had the conviction of going all out for Thiago but it seems he was never after him. I see the signings of Fellaini / Fabregas as safe signings of known quantitites for the Premier League.

Moyes still seems a bit cautious in his approach - perhaps being bold may help him. Do we need a sensible and safe pair of hands like Moyes or someone who could push us in a new direction?

A smoke screen Ffs!? When was the last time anyone did a smokescreen bid? Do they even exist, not in any managers autobiography I've read have they been mentioned. Moyes was referring to fellani and not fabregas when he said we only go after the best players? Right..

I used the word smokescreen as a joke really, I think it was used a lot during last summer's transfer window, but my point about the bid still stands.

I actually think this too but I believe we have genuinely made the bid. Although if it is a smokescreen it seems a stupid way to go about it because we just make ourselves look like we aren't capable of signing world class players in the process of buying someone who most fans aren't at all keen on.

Really? There's a £22m release clause with Fellaini, why would we make a smokescreen that tells Fellaini at the very least he's our third choice after Thiago and Fabregas.

I used the word smokescreen as a joke really, I think it was used a lot during last summer's transfer window, but my point about the bid still stands.

Yes, it's also been used plenty in this thread, I knew you were joking though.

This could turn out to be a painful summer for our resident muppets.

Fabregas eh?
Whilst Fabregas would strike me as more Moyes' 'type' than Thiago, pretty much everything else about this bid is baffling:

- Fabregas doesn't want to leave Barcelona
- Barcelona have just sold Thiago and selling Fabregas would leave them a bit light in midfield given Xavi's recent injury struggles
- We waited until 24 hrs after Thiago left to place our bid for Fabregas (why?)
- The bid is so widely reported and that isn't how we normally go about these things.

Moyes has been going on about us being in for the best players and having money to spend etc etc.
I'm seriously sceptical about this one, although I can't think of a reason that we would ever bid for a player that we knew we had no chance of getting.

It wouldn't make Moyes or the Club look good if we get rejected by two quality midfielders (who the fans had built their hopes up for) in quick succession, and then have to resort to bringing in an inferior, largely unwanted, Fellaini type. At the same time though I just don't see how this bid for Cesc is ever going to be a success.

I was championing the muppetry in the Thiago thread, but I'm going to have to sit on the fence with this one. As much as I want him here, I just don't see it being even slightly plausible.

Dont throw any logic into the equation mate, the muppets who hung themselves in the Thiago thread are back at it full throttle again. They won't learn!

Dont throw any logic into the equation mate, the muppets who hung themselves in the Thiago thread are back at it full throttle again. They won't learn!

Logic? Logic?! Logic?!?

The only logic is that we have put in a bid for a player, and the person you're taking your logic from also believes it was a smokescreen for a Fellaini bid.

I doubt it, don't think we'll be waiting til the last minute to find out if we sign him or not and then miss out on other targets. Besides which, the bid has been placed, the ball is firmly rolling so we shouldn't wait too long either way I'd imagine (hope).

This bid will rejected (or denied) soon and even if we pull out we will constantly linked with him till the end of the window.

I'm no muppet, yet. However there's a difference between this and the Thiago thread. We know for sure we're interested in Fabregas at least.

This bid will rejected (or denied) soon and even if we pull out we will constantly linked with him till the end of the window.

Probably would you're right. We'll just have to see how it pans out really. Of course the offer will be rejected, I expect us to put in another offer which will get rejected until we place our third and final offer.

Moyes should have had the conviction of going all out for Thiago but it seems he was never after him. I see the signings of Fellaini / Fabregas as safe signings of known quantitites for the Premier League.

Moyes still seems a bit cautious in his approach - perhaps being bold may help him. Do we need a sensible and safe pair of hands like Moyes or someone who could push us in a new direction?

I think he is being cautious, but if we get success his confidence will grow and he may as you say get bolder in future. We know how Fabregas/Fellaini play. If he had signed Thiago and he had been a disaster Moyes would get the blame. I prefer him being a bit cautious first.

I'm loving the naivety. A player hasn't ever publicly spoken about wanting a transfer so he won't be sold.

Yeah, that's exactly how it works.

Wrong person pal, i was over.the moon when we appointed Moyes. The situation with midfield is a fundamental cock up which Moyes is not accountable for.

The situation is cock up in the minds of the fans, as on the pitch we won the title last year. We have won it thrice in the last 5 years. The two times we lost - one was by one point and second time was on goal difference.

With the retirement of Scholes, Fletcher's continued illness, Anderson's inability to stay fit and Giggs dual role there is a need for midfielders. And so far the signs are that the club are working on fulfilling that need. Though there is unusual moaning from a bunch of posters on here. Which is baffling to say the least. If we bid for a player they aren't happy, if don't bid they are miserable. :wenger:

I quoted you on the previous post though the rant was on comments in general.

If Fergie had tried to sign Fabregas, would you still say he's being cautious?

Maybe we have a leak in our boardroom and we are smoking out the leak by planting false stories

Yeah maybe. Or maybe we've put in a bid for him.

Unrealistic I know because.....midifield...glazers..muppets..."lol logic"....and everything else.

Logic? Logic?! Logic?!?

The only logic is that we have put in a bid for a player, and the person you're taking your logic from also believes it was a smokescreen for a Fellaini bid.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me exactly how we know for definite that United have bid for him? There is nothing official, just reporters and a couple of newspapers claiming we have. Pretty much the same people who said Thiago was inbound to us. We may well have made an offer but the point I was making is that there is many people getting all excited again about what is currently speculation. I hope we have made a bid but for the reasons LR7 made, and I highlighted, I can't see him leaving Barca.

Can someone enlighten me and tell me exactly how we know for definite that United have bid for him? There is nothing official, just reporters and a couple of newspapers claiming we have. Pretty much the same people who said Thiago was inbound to us. We may well have made an offer but the point I was making is that there is many people getting all excited again about what is currently speculation. I hope we have made a bid but for the reasons LR7 made, and I highlighted, I can't see him leaving Barca.

Not the same people. The credible papers or journalists never mentioned that we made a bid.

Yeah let's pretend the BBC and Sky are the same as @ITKAgent444 and @ManUtdStuff

It's a wash. Some people reported that, now some people reporting this *wipes hands* it's all the same

Status
Not open for further replies.