Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
No point bidding 35mil or 50mil to a club who doesn't want to sell, for a player who doesn't want to leave. And even if he did, he probably wouldn't join us. This smacks of desperation really. No point having "no budget" if we don't even have a clue.

As mentioned there is not much point chasing Fabregas when the player first and foremost wants to stay at Barca and fight for a place in the team. And less competition too, now that Thiago has left.

Not the right thread, but how about we try and poach Kroos or Gustavo from Bayern? They're gonna have a hard time trying to give games to Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Thiago as it stands.

And of course, Manchester United being the small club that we are, have very little pull in the transfer market. I'm surprised we manage to find eleven blokes willing to adorn themselves with our shirt of a Saturday.
Oh come on, grow up

That's not what i fecking meant, when was the last time you feel confidence fighting for a player against barca, madrid, and the rest?

If Barcelona accept an offer I imagine he would certainly consider his options regardless of his desire to stay

I'm expecting some news in the morning, along the lines of our bid being rejected by them and told to come back with a better offer. We add another 5m onto it and deal done, we get Cesc and they have the money to get Thiago Silva. Win-win :drool:

As mentioned there is not much point chasing Fabregas when the player first and foremost wants to stay at Barca and fight for a place in the team. And less competition too, now that Thiago has left.

Not the right thread, but how about we try and poach Kroos or Gustavo from Bayern? They're gonna have a hard time trying to give games to Martinez, Schweinsteiger and Thiago as it stands.

Indeed, it would never hurt to inquire about them at least.

Oh come on, grow up

That's not what i fecking meant, when was the last time you feel confidence fighting for a player against barca, madrid, and the rest?

But, you assume we're always interested. Given that the club don't comment, how do you know. A lot of it is just gossip.

United have always seemed prepared to walk away if the transfer fee is wrong, wages aren't right or inappropriate release clauses. Sometimes we're just unlucky. When we miss out on some, others come. We missed Ronaldinho, then we signed Ronaldo. We missed Alan Shearer, so we signed Eric Cantona. There is more than one choice available

But, you assume we're always interested. Given that the club don't comment, how do you know. A lot of it is just gossip.

United have always seemed prepared to walk away if the transfer fee is wrong, wages aren't right or inappropriate release clauses. Sometimes we're just unlucky. When we miss out on some, others come. We missed Ronaldinho, then we signed Ronaldo. We missed Alan Shearer, so we signed Eric Cantona. There is more than one choice available

Nah man - we signed Ole did we not?

There's something very weird about this Fabregas rumor. Man United don't generally go about leaking information regarding our transfers until we're close to sealing the deal, even regarding Thiago everything was all very hush hush. In this case very credible journalists are even reporting an exact figure of the bid; Nothing adds up. I hope it's deliberate and not just sloppy work by our staff. We're going to sign someone, but if I were a betting man, I would put money on us definitely not signing Fabregas.

No point bidding 35mil or 50mil to a club who doesn't want to sell, for a player who doesn't want to leave. And even if he did, he probably wouldn't join us. This smacks of desperation really. No point having "no budget" if we don't even have a clue.

To be fair, he shares the same agent as RVP and is close friends with RVP.

I don't think a club as big as us, puts in a bid without putting out some feelers first and getting some positive information back.

How do you know he doesn't want to join us or that Barca don't want to sell?

We have made a bid for Fabregas. That makes this the right thread.

How do you know he doesn't want to join us or that Barca don't want to sell?

With him, you get the sense it would either be Barca or Arsenal for him. He has never expressed any form of interest in joining us, even when rumours were circulating around the first time. Secondly, Barca just sold Thiago, they're not going to want to sell him, not this summer at least.

There's nothing we can say with 100% certainty, but I'm pretty sure nothing is going to come out of this. I hope I'm wrong, because I think he'd be a perfect fit.

Well they're extremely shortsighted then. Trying to make us look better after a failed bid by going public with another bid that'd fail.

trying to buy some time when -hopefully -in negotiations with other player/s. Something like "hey Mr. X, you're not the only player we are after".

Seriously, its hard to keep straight face when thinking about this bid

For the money we'd have to pay for Fabregas, we could probably get Gundogan. I'm not sure Dortmund would sell, but now is the time to pounce since Bayern and Madrid have spent on midfielders already.

Probably could, but Fabregas is a player who has already played in the Premiership and does not need to adapt. Which is what we need, someone who can step in right away.

Gundogan would be a good signing, but how long would he need to settle into English football?

So much negatively surrounding this. In all honesty, I reckon the senior heads at United have a little bit more know then the fans. If Fabregas was not available and he had no intention in leaving - would we really go from the most covert operation on the planet with transfers to this?

Probably could, but Fabregas is a player who has already played in the Premiership and does not need to adapt. Which is what we need, someone who can step in right away.

Gundogan would be a good signing, but how long would he need to settle into English football?

I'm not convinced about Fabregas in a midfield two. In fact, I think Gundogan would be more suited to that role given his all-action style.

I'm not convinced about Fabregas in a midfield two. In fact, I think Gundogan would be more suited to that role given his all-action style.

Out of the two, Fabregas is the only one who has already proven himself in a midfield two.

So much negatively surrounding this. In all honesty, I reckon the senior heads at United have a little bit more know then the fans. If Fabregas was not available and he had no intention in leaving - would we really go from the most covert operation on the planet with transfers to this?

I agree with you. IMO there's at least one party that wants this to happen (apart from us), whether its Barca or whether its Fabregas remains to be seen. I dont see us making blind bids.

Did Barca reject the bid last night? Whats taking them so long? They're only making me more excited!

We are not a club to throw bids about in hope. There is something in this, as people have said. I'd have a feeling it's more Barca wanting to get rid as opposed to Cesc wanting to join us, but we will see.

ON.

For the money we'd have to pay for Fabregas, we could probably get Gundogan. I'm not sure Dortmund would sell, but now is the time to pounce since Bayern and Madrid have spent on midfielders already.

Why sign him though when Fabregas is the better player?

Status
Not open for further replies.