Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's good news, so I believe that The Sun's Spanish source is entirely credible.

You were actually my inspiration when posting that from a post I saw of yours earlier. Without you, I may not have had the courage to post something from the sun.

No need to apologise man - you're just still goin through the grieving process... we're all here for ya brother :)

As regard to it not going through, we all live in hope thats for sure man, but there's definitely been some sort of encouragement for us to put a bid in. I'm annoyed it wasnt more to be honest, because that figure could come across as being very disrespectful to Barca & we're not in a position to be doing that considering how fantastic a signing it would be for us.

If say, we had of bid upwards of £35m - that would have had much more of an impact & would be the minimun goin rate for a player of Fabregas' ilk to be honest. It would maybe even take £40m to prize him away & no-one would really disagree with that figure either!

:lol:

I'm not grieving just yet mate, didn't think Thiago would happen and am certain Fabregas won't. Like I said, I'm waiting for the inevitable Gundogan rumours (probably will be after a week of Modric rumours) before I turn full muppet. When he signs a new contract for Dortmund is when you can start worrying about me!

You were actually my inspiration when posting that from a post I saw of yours earlier. Without you, I may not have had the courage to post something from the sun.

Incidentally...if there was nothing in this story, why haven't United and/or Barca released a simple, one-sentence denial?

Incidentally...if there was nothing in this story, why haven't United and/or Barca released a simple, one-sentence denial?

Exactly. Now are we going to believe the bad news of MD who may or may not have Spanish sources, or are we going to believe the good news of the sun who DO have Spanish sources?

It's a no brainer really. Red Hand Devil knows this too.

Imagine the scene in The Sun's London office:

"'Ere, mate, we need a Spanish source, pronto!"

"Ok, I've got a pair of castanets in my draw, from my holidays. Hang on...there y'go. Right, what's next?"

"Make up some shit about Fabregas."

Exactly. Now are we going to believe the bad news of MD who may or may not have Spanish sources, or are we going to believe the good news of the sun who DO have Spanish sources?

It's a no brainer really. Red Hand Devil knows this too.

Yep! Always said the Sun was an exceptional newspaper & would never fabricate a story like this. I just wish they'd come out & say they've been hacking the total shit outta Cesc's & The Equalizer's phone the past few days. Just be honest like - there wont be anymore tribunals... promise.. :angel:

You'd think so, but I don't think it's out of the question that they didn't. They might have been told that Barca might be willing to listen to offers for whatever reason (lack of faith in him in their system, the Neymar transfer and wages needing balancing, whatever it is). By bidding for him, and getting a bid accepted, it could really unsettle him, make him realise he's not at the right club and get him thinking perhaps the comfort zone of a league he excells in and a successful club in that league isn't such an unattractive offer after all.

What you say is plausible and has crossed my mind, but it isn't really Utd's style.

I do believe he wants out, but he won't ask for it, in case Barcelona decide to dig in. I could accept that we are now doing the hard work for him and as soon as Barca accept, he will agree terms rapidly. If they don't, he denies ever wanting to leave.

Having said that, if, by the morning, we denied all knowledge of any bid, I wouldn't be surprised either.

In my head I have thrashed out the scenario where we were in for Thiago until we got the nod that Cesc would be up for it. He has a proven EPL pedigree and would suit us better.

Moyes says we are searching for the "best" players and I am sure in his mind that Cesc is the better of the two, right now, for us.

Who is this prick and why should I care what he says? A couple of weeks ago, every cnut on twitter said that Thiago was a done deal, and there was nothing from the club at all but yet we all assumed it was going to happen. This time we have info from the club that a bid was made, and everyone on twitter says its all bullshit and wont happen, and people are believing them rather than trust the club knows what its doing, despite all then twitter ITKs being wrong

He's reporting what a Catalan paper close to the Barcelona have written. Mundo Deportivo never said that Thiago was coming to United and have been measured for the most part in their wummery.

He's reporting what a Catalan paper close to the Barcelona have written. Mundo Deportivo never said that Thiago was coming to United and have been measured for the most part in their wummery.

I dont care much for his negativity. I am sure this transfer will happen

Yeah but, look how depressing Mundo sounds, it doesn't sound half as fun as the sun. So who are you going to believe, the doom and gloom or the sun and fun?

Surely they would have sounded him out before they bid? Why am I asking? Of course they did.

Fabregas has said fairly recently that he has no intention of leaving Barcelona unless they want to get rid of him. Perhaps we're taking that line of approach and trying to convince Barcelona first? Just a thought.

It's hard to take Mongo Depot seriously when it's got a pic of Thiago playing for Bayern on its site.

Theres a little thread on here, its only small so you may have missed it, its about rooney? All of this is covered in there.

Now for the last time, are we sitting comfortably children? Hated him at Everton, Hated when we signed him, Celebrated along with everyone else when ever he scored because it was a goal for United. Always gave him credit when playing well, first to get on his case when not, would still be delighted to see him leave.

All up to speed?
So you felt twinges of regret when this happened?

What you say is plausible and has crossed my mind, but it isn't really Utd's style.

I do believe he wants out, but he won't ask for it, in case Barcelona decide to dig in. I could accept that we are now doing the hard work for him and as soon as Barca accept, he will agree terms rapidly. If they don't, he denies ever wanting to leave.

Having said that, if, by the morning, we denied all knowledge of any bid, I wouldn't be surprised either.

In my head I have thrashed out the scenario where we were in for Thiago until we got the nod that Cesc would be up for it. He has a proven EPL pedigree and would suit us better.

Moyes says we are searching for the "best" players and I am sure in his mind that Cesc is the better of the two, right now, for us.

Some journo bloke Jonathan Northcroft, who's friends with Moyes & who shared lunch with Moyes & other journo's last Friday in Bangkok, says Moyes told him that Cesc was the better option - a Scholes all-rounder type & that he was after a DM also.

Post 13551: https://www.redcafe.net/threads/twi...eir-respective-player-threads.328302/page-339

out of curiousity... .when was the last time we won a bidding war?

Ronaldinho - Lost, Thiago - Lost, Obi Mikel - Lost, and I'm having trouble recalling when was the last time we had a competition in securing a signing

Ronaldinho - Lost, Thiago - Lost, Obi Mikel - Lost, and I'm having trouble recalling when was the last time we had a competition in securing a signing

Rooney, van Persie, Young, Jones from memory.

We weren't in a bidding war for Obi Mikel. We signed him, he had his head turned by a crook and we made £12mil on the deal. If that's your idea of losing a bidding war you aren't proving whatever point you're trying to make very well.

but we don't have competition for them kid, the moment barca, madrid, bayern, and other big clubs jumping in we would lost, and I have no confidence on Fabregas or Thiago either once other big clubs comes knocking.

I won't call nicking Jones from Liverpool as competition

So are we actually in for him, or is this just the new speculatively story of month now that thiago is done and dusted?

Of course people aren't as bothered or think about competition when a signing goes through compared to when it doesn't so you'll hear less about it. The fact is there's going to be numerous clubs in for most players that are signed by any club at this level, especially with agents seeking the best deals.

There's bound to have been a few clubs in for Kagawa with his contract running down. City/Juve reportedly in for RvP, Jones and Smalling were linked with a few clubs, rumours that Valencia turned down Madrid.

There's only so much you can do to convince someone to sign. In Thiago's case it was mostly just good luck that he was available, and then bad luck in that his ex-manager who he has a good relationship with, had come calling with the current treble winners - and on top of that Thiago's agent is Pep's brother.

We weren't in a bidding war for Obi Mikel. We signed him, he had his head turned by a crook and we made £12mil on the deal. If that's your idea of losing a bidding war you aren't proving whatever point you're trying to make very well.

My point is, I never felt any sort of big club confidence when we're up against other European giants in signing a prospect.

It's not about the money, but the pull

but we don't have competition for them kid, the moment barca, madrid, bayern, and other big clubs jumping in we would lost, and I have no confidence on Fabregas or Thiago either once other big clubs comes knocking.

I won't call nicking Jones from Liverpool as competition
There were more than Liverpool interested in him.

My point is, I never felt any sort of big club confidence when we're up against other European giants in signing a prospect.

It's not about the money, but the pull
And of course, Manchester United being the small club that we are, have very little pull in the transfer market. I'm surprised we manage to find eleven blokes willing to adorn themselves with our shirt of a Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.