Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are we confident he won't reject the move and say "I'd like to stay at Barca and win my place"?

I doubt anyone thinks he actually will sign but there's nothing to *** about and people are desperate. Apparently this is more ON because we have bid now, if only "to show intent". Have we though?

I expect Baines and a completely left-field/unexpected signing or two.

Agreed it wont happen.

His Barca dream is a joke. He isn't good enough for them.

Is he good enough for United - probably, given our midfield.

:LOL: I doubt there are 10 midfielders better than him. Any team would love to have him.

Here's a random statistic: He still has the highest amount of through balls in the PL in the last 4 seasons.

Say what you like, the case can be made that you are looking at a possible period of wilderness years. A player like Cesc would weigh that up in his decision and I don't think he'd risk it.

Maybe he's smarter than Harry Kewell

Alright, alright, calm down...

DDG​
Rio Vida Garay​
Fellaini​
Carrick Fabregas​
Ronnie Kagawa Bale​
RVP​
:D:drool::D:drool::D

I prefer:

DDG​
Rafael Rio Vida Fabio​
Carrick Fabregas​
Ronnie Kagawa Bale​
RVP​
Jelavic​
Fellaini​
Pineaar Mirallas​
Osman Gibson​
Baines Distin Jagielka Coleman​
Howard​

Nonsense - we desperately need someone with a triangle button on his head, like in Pro Evo. Hopefully Fellaini has one hidden under his wig.

Surely the people who run United know, as most of us know, that Cesc was never going to leave Barca. We normally never make bids for show, though, so I'm a bit confused.

I'm surprised this hasn't been categorically quashed by a quickly arranged press conference from Rosell.

I don't expect much to come of it, but it's interesting how the knowledge of the bid came in late morning and have held strong throughout the day without reply. With modern technology and everything, I was sure it would be put to bed by now.

I'm sorry Cesc, it's not you, it's me. I just went through a bad experience and suffered terrible heartbreak. I just can't get hurt again. I need time to heal, I need to able to be OK with my current midfield, before I can put myself out there again.

I'm waiting for the Gundogan rumours to start, pretty soon after this one is exposed for the rubbish it is, before I go into full muppet mode.

I prefer:

DDG​
Rafael Rio Vida Fabio​
Carrick Fabregas​
Ronnie Kagawa Bale​
RVP​
Jelavic​
Fellaini​
Pineaar Mirallas​
Osman Gibson​
Baines Distin Jagielka Coleman​
Howard​

Right, we're probably gonna jinx it like we always do with dreamteam drool formations, but feck it anyway - one for the road...

DDG​
Red Hand Devil​
Fellaini​
Vidal Carrick Fabregas​
Ronnie Kagawa Bale​
Rooney RVP​
:eek::devil::eek::devil::eek:

Don't think it will happen, but i doubt we would have made a bid and also (apparently) unofficially confirmed it, to the press pack in aus, if the player had no interest in moving.

If Barcelona are likely to sell I'd imagine it'd be quickly enough. They'd want the money and time to reinvest.

Rubbish - how come?

Sure its been reported by every major network that we've bid for him - there's no way its bollox! :wenger:

Yeah sorry, didn't mean to imply that reports of our interest are rubbish, just any possibility of it actually going through.

Who is this prick and why should I care what he says? A couple of weeks ago, every cnut on twitter said that Thiago was a done deal, and there was nothing from the club at all but yet we all assumed it was going to happen. This time we have info from the club that a bid was made, and everyone on twitter says its all bullshit and wont happen, and people are believing them rather than trust the club knows what its doing, despite all then twitter ITKs being wrong

If my dyslexic is as fluent as I believe, he also said I'm funny, in which case I'll choose to let this one go.

Nah he got his a mixed up with the u. He was calling you a fanny cnut, which is a bit of a weird insult considering its the same meaning twice. It would be like me calling you a penis dick. Strange guy that one.

Surely they would have sounded him out before they bid? Why am I asking? Of course they did.

You'd think so, but I don't think it's out of the question that they didn't. They might have been told that Barca might be willing to listen to offers for whatever reason (lack of faith in him in their system, the Neymar transfer and wages needing balancing, whatever it is). By bidding for him, and getting a bid accepted, it could really unsettle him, make him realise he's not at the right club and get him thinking perhaps the comfort zone of a league he excells in and a successful club in that league isn't such an unattractive offer after all.

From the Sun:
A Spanish source said: “Cesc would only go if Barcelona agreed to sell him.
“The Barca midfield is already looking very crowded for next season and you wonder how many games Cesc will start.
“He wants to play in the World Cup next summer and needs to be playing regularly.
“Arsenal have first refusal on him but he’d prefer a switch to United.”

Yeah yeah, I know it's only the sun but it's what I want to hear and the muppet needs to feed.

It's good news, so I believe that The Sun's Spanish source is entirely credible.

Yeah sorry, didn't mean to imply that reports of our interest are rubbish, just any possibility of it actually going through.

No need to apologise man - you're just still goin through the grieving process... we're all here for ya brother :)

As regard to it not going through, we all live in hope thats for sure man, but there's definitely been some sort of encouragement for us to put a bid in. I'm annoyed it wasnt more to be honest, because that figure could come across as being very disrespectful to Barca & we're not in a position to be doing that considering how fantastic a signing it would be for us.

If say, we had of bid upwards of £35m - that would have had much more of an impact & would be the minimun goin rate for a player of Fabregas' ilk to be honest. It would maybe even take £40m to prize him away & no-one would really disagree with that figure either!

Status
Not open for further replies.