Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if Cesc doesn't want to come and Barca don't want to sell anyway we look stupid to say the least. It's not the way we've done things in the past.

Why would we look stupid? Do you know how many times Fergie got rejected by Shearer.

:lol: You're wasting your time mate, I've been saying it all day.

It makes feck all sense whatsoever to try and make up for failing to sign one player by deliberately failing to sign another.

"Oh shit lads, those stupid fans of ours are all upset at us not signing Thiago. What will we do?"

"I know, let's not sign Fabregas as well"

"fecking genius!"

Don't blame me for this shit.

Fellaini would give us some serious steel in mid-field & allow the flair players to do their thing. If you ask a Toffee fan & they'll say they love the Belgian Clown & that he's a much better footballer than people think aswell!
Of course they'll love him, but i've watched him a fair bit and his actual footballing skills leave pretty much a lot to be desired. He's tough and works hard but even in some games i've seen him completely fall off the radar and basically spend 90 minutes trotting about aimlessly, usually when they were getting beat.

He would need a few flair players around him to be worth the money imo, and we don't have any of them players as of yet except maybe Kagawa. If we fail to get Fabregas, then what?

Fabregas & Fellaini for £50M eh?

That's £35M for Fab & £15M for hairman?

I'll go with that...

There's no way we'd get Fellaini for £15m. He cost Everton an initial £15m from Standard Liege, but they've probably paid a few quid more since then.. so thats just retarded they'd let him go for that amount.

His release clause isnt bad to be honest, considering he's got 5 years in the Prem & he cost £15m+ anyway..

Fellaini's ok, he's a good player. But we don't need a 'good' player, we need world class players in the middle. Like i said, with the other signings in there i'd probably take him on the basis that he can do a specific job, but if it was a choice of just him i'd rather let some of the youngsters have a shot.

Of course we all WANT Fabregas or a mid of like quality, but in terms of what we NEED -- to lift the prem trophy -- Fellaini would be adequate.

After all, we easily lapped our competition, clubs that sported names like Silva, Toure, Hazard, Oscar, Cazorla and Wilshere, last season without us having a "world class" central midfield to partner with Carrick.

What I think we're all saying is that IF we expect to have any hopes of lifting the CL trophy, we will need a player of Fabregas's caliber. I don't disagree with that at all. But let's keep in perspective our primary task, which is lifting the prem trophy on the wings of a new manager. Accomplishing that alone would be a sensational accomplishment.

Mind you, I'm not a big Fellaini fan. I'm just trying to put some perspective back into this discussion. We are NOT going to take down Bayern or Barcelona this season. We WILL get tripped up somewhere along the way. The primary task at hand should be, and I believe always is, the league trophy and in this case that primary task is coupled with getting Moyes fully established with the club, which means having the full support of the club's supporters. Setting the bar too high risks the perception of failure, which is the last thing we should want.

Of course they'll love him, but i've watched him a fair bit and his actual footballing skills leave pretty much a lot to be desired. He's tough and works hard but even in some games i've seen him completely fall off the radar and basically spend 90 minutes trotting about aimlessly, usually when they were getting beat.

He would need a few flair players around him to be worth the money imo, and we don't have any of them players as of yet except maybe Kagawa. If we fail to get Fabregas, then what?

I've seen him a good few times also, my mates a Toffee fan, so i'd take in the games with him. I used to hate him but he's impressed me this past year or so. Moyes has been havin him in numerous roles but his favourite is DM.

If we were to buy him specifically for that position, he'd be wicked at it & not have to worry about trying to do everything - which i dont think he's suited to, he's said that himself aswell.. but Everton didnt have that luxury of spending all that money for him just to sit protecting the back four - we would if we could get a Fabregas type of player in though..

I love it when we submit a piss taking bid that confuses Barca so much that they aren't sure what to do or say. Moyes has them rattled.

There's too many barriers to this transfer happening and the main one will be Fabregas himself. There is no way he gives up on his Barca dream so soon and there is no way Barca sell him after letting Thiago go to Bayern for peanuts.. This one is a non starter for me and even less likely than a Ronaldo return.

I refuse to invest in this one on the basis that the previous one hurt too much. My right wrist is still not back to normal, I haven't done a scrap of work in two weeks, and my wife can barely remember my name. I'm out!

Powerfapping or typing?

Why are we confident he won't reject the move and say "I'd like to stay at Barca and win my place"?

Why are we confident he won't reject the move and say "I'd like to stay at Barca and win my place"?

We're not, though there are those who think we wouldn't have bid unless we thought he was open to the move.

Status
Not open for further replies.