Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing is for certain - Hunter and Lowe are humongous idiots and should not be listened to under any circumstances. Footballing hipsterism at its worst.

If this fails to materialise having made an initial bid, there'll be a lot of unimpressed United fans. And Moyes would find himself under a lot of criticism, deserved or not.
The club must have some idea of this, so I think they must have had some positive reaction from either Barcelona or Fabregas when the proposal was suggested, in my opinion.

If this fails to materialise having made an initial bid, there'll be a lot of unimpressed United fans. And Moyes would find himself under a lot of criticism, deserved or not.
The club must have some idea of this, so I think they must have had some positive reaction from either Barcelona or Fabregas when the proposal was suggested, in my opinion.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't for Moyes.

This doesn't make any sense- why would he leave barca (the club he loves most), especially now thiago has gone, and why would he come to united rather than arsensal (the club he loves second most).

And why was the bid made public?

Strikes me as a bit of posturing by utd to stop the fans getting too pissed off over the thiago deal falling through.

Either that or rooney is involved somehow.

It's never going to happen but his kid does still live over here...

What I don't buy is that Fabregas would leave Barcelona to join a club that has just lost a great manager and replaced him with an unknown who notoriously dislikes him.

Maybe he will. But I can't see it. If he did, I reckon he'd give it a season just to see how it's going before jumping on board.

This doesn't make any sense- why would he leave barca (the club he loves most), especially now thiago has gone, and why would he come to united rather than arsensal (the club he loves second most).

And why was the bid made public?

Strikes me as a bit of posturing by utd to stop the fans getting too pissed off over the thiago deal falling through.

Either that or rooney is involved somehow.
I reckon Rooney was the one who faxed the bid over. That might be why he had to go back from Thailand.

Screen+Shot+2013-07-15+at+5.30.44+PM.png

Screen+Shot+2013-07-15+at+4.46.26+PM.png

Damned if you do, damned if you don't for Moyes.

Fabregas is about the best out there for what we want but I think we are basically worried that he's just bid for Cesc without checking that he wants to leave Barca. If he's done that then Barca and Cesc will laugh us away. £35m might get Barca thinking though. He's important, but not that important for them. £35m is the figure I'd be expecting anyone to pay for someone of his ability. Modric was £33m I think and I think most of us rate Cesc slightly higher in terms of ability.

Stage 1? Stage 1 was dumping all your coaches. Stage 2 was keeping the feckless gimps you have in your medical staff. Stage 3 is getting rid of (or keeping a sulking and uninterested) Rooney.

Signing a feck-ton of Everton players is stage 4.

What the fecks wrong with our medical staff?

They're a highly regarded medical team as it happens anyway!

The Rooney situation is a confuser alright, but he's still 2 years left & most us dont know what to believe about the whole thing anyway. You're just fecked off because you want him at the shack - thats not gonna happen, so dream on big lad :D

How many times is this stupid point going to be brought up?

Do you not think that it makes even less sense that United would put in a bid for a player we supposedly have little chance of getting, just to please the people that are pissed off at us not signing Thiago? think about it, it's retarded.

:lol: You're wasting your time mate, I've been saying it all day.

It makes feck all sense whatsoever to try and make up for failing to sign one player by deliberately failing to sign another.

"Oh shit lads, those stupid fans of ours are all upset at us not signing Thiago. What will we do?"

"I know, let's not sign Fabregas as well"

"fecking genius!"

According to the Guardian and Times we are in for both Fellaini and Fabregas for 50mil. They're getting as bad as the Tabloids.

Fabregas is about the best out there for what we want but I think we are basically worried that he's just bid for Cesc without checking that he wants to leave Barca. If he's done that then Barca and Cesc will laugh us away. £35m might get Barca thinking though. He's important, but not that important for them. £35m is the figure I'd be expecting anyone to pay for someone of his ability. Modric was £33m I think and I think most of us rate Cesc slightly higher in terms of ability.

Why are you worried?

Either he joins, or doesn't. The fact that we made the bid public or didn't shouldn't really matter.

Why are you worried?

Either he joins, or doesn't. The fact that we made the bid public or didn't shouldn't really matter.

Well if Cesc doesn't want to come and Barca don't want to sell anyway we look stupid to say the least. It's not the way we've done things in the past.

I might be wrong here, but I'm pretty sure Moyes wouldn't be sticking the bid in himself. I'd suggest there might well be people at the club employed to do that, so I doubt Moyes has decided to just stick a bid in willy nilly.

If we got Fabregas or someone like him, then Fellaini would be a decent signing. It's only if he's our sole midfield addition that I'd be a bit miffed.

That said, there's no way in hell they'd be forming a 'new midfield axis'. Fellaini would essentially start off as back-up for Carrick.

I'm giving in and doing it by the way, despite this not having a hope in hell...

Carrick Fabregas​
Kagawa​
:drool:

Well if Cesc doesn't want to come and Barca don't want to sell anyway we look stupid to say the least. It's not the way we've done things in the past.

So we look stupid, who cares, atleast we as fans can be certain that we are trying to buy the best CMs possible.

If we got Fabregas or someone like him, then Fellaini would be a decent signing. It's only if he's our sole midfield addition that I'd be a bit miffed.

That said, there's no way in hell they'd be forming a 'new midfield axis'. Fellaini would essentially start off as back-up for Carrick.

I'm giving in and doing it by the way, despite this not having a hope in hell...

Carrick Fabregas​
Kagawa​
I personally don't think Fellaini is good enough, but as you've hinted at, with other good players around him, i wouldn't mind it so much if he was brought in to be the nuisance in the middle in there to throw his weight around and win us possession, but as a solution to our midfield on his own he's piss poor.

I personally don't think Fellaini is good enough, but as you've hinted at, with other good players around him, i wouldn't mind it so much if he was brought in to be the nuisance in the middle in there to throw his weight around and win us possession, but as a solution to our midfield on his own he's piss poor.
On his own I'm not sure how effective he would be to be honest when you look at our style of Football, but with the likes of Fabregas and Carrick around him I think it would be a decent bit of business.

He would offer something different to what we already have, and gives us another option looking at things from a squad point of view. Not sure I'd be too pleased if he was our only midfield signing, but with those mentioned players alongside him, I would take him at United.

I believed the Hazard transfer was just a matter of time before the Champions of Europe stepped in, I never believed that Arsenal legend Van Persie would ever sign for us.

I believed the Thiago transfer was just a matter of time before the Champions of Europe stepped in, there's no way that Arsenal legend Fabregas will sign for us.

On his own I'm not sure how effective he would be to be honest when you look at our style of Football, but with the likes of Fabregas and Carrick around him I think it would be a decent bit of business.

He would offer something different to what we already have, and gives us another option looking at things from a squad point of view. Not sure I'd be too pleased if he was our only midfield signing, but with those mentioned players alongside him, I would take him at United.

Fellaini has also got to be a better option than playing Jones there.

Carrick Fabregas​
Kagawa​

Fellaini​
Carrick Fabregas​
Kagawa​
Ronnie RVP Bale​

Thats what i'm talking about :drool:

Fellaini's ok, he's a good player. But we don't need a 'good' player, we need world class players in the middle. Like i said, with the other signings in there i'd probably take him on the basis that he can do a specific job, but if it was a choice of just him i'd rather let some of the youngsters have a shot.

Fellaini would give us some serious steel in mid-field & allow the flair players to do their thing. If you ask a Toffee fan & they'll say they love the Belgian Clown & that he's a much better footballer than people think aswell!

Status
Not open for further replies.