Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what was widely reported at the time, whether it's true or not is another matter.

I could see Arsene pushing for it anyway, sold off Vieira, Pires etc and based his Emirates build team around a 17 year old because he believed he was something special from the start.

Would put Arsenal at a huge advantage if he was to leave Barca.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/15/barcelona-cesc-fabregas-arsenal-tears

Sell on clause is generally for any profit made. Which would be worthless if Barcelona sold at or around the same price he was purchased.

From memory, we made £7m out of David Bentley to Spurs. Was that not a 50% sell-on clause?

Contracts baffle me in general - they're all so loaded with things. We just got 500k for Jay Simpson because he got promoted with Hull. He never even played for us and yet we're making money from him even now.

From memory, we made £7m out of David Bentley to Spurs. Was that not a 50% sell-on clause?

Contracts baffle me in general - they're all so loaded with things. We just got 500k for Jay Simpson because he got promoted with Hull. He never even played for us and yet we're making money from him even now.

yeah we had 50% on that & on Diarra too. and we've got something similar in Vela's deal with Sociedad, 50% and buy back fee

I would imagine these things are much more likely when letting a young player go, rather than established players.

Has this thread been given a ten day bump just because somebody decided to tell us that they think he would be quite a good player for us?

KingMinger disappears for the whole season and usually shows up in the summer transfer window to moan about how other teams are signing better players than us. I'd ignore.

Has this thread been given a ten day bump just because somebody decided to tell us that they think he would be quite a good player for us?

I know, sharing an opinion on a forum eh?

Or was that not the point? Bumping old threads?

The Sunday Express have renewed the speculation

Screen+Shot+2013-05-26+at+12.40.18+AM.png

I know, sharing an opinion on a forum eh?

Or was that not the point? Bumping old threads?

There's sharing opinions in active threads which is obviously the point. But at the time of posting, he was essentially bumping an old thread with no recent news to tell us that he thought one of the best midfielders in the world would probably be quite a good player for us. Its like bumping the Ronaldo thread to say I think he will probably score a lot of goals next year.

For what it's worth, twitter is on fire today with this rumor. So I'm not why it would be such an odd thing to bump this thread.

I don't see this happening, but Fabregas is exactly the kind of mid we could use to make a serious push for the CL trophy.

You bumped a 10 minute old thread to declare you would like one of the best midfielders in the world at our club?

Howard Nurse hasn't heard anything about 'Fabregas to United'...so get your shirts printed now.

would be as shocking as VP coming here a year ago.

But I doubt Fabregas could ignore Arsenal who would surely be interested if he wanted to move back to England.

There's sharing opinions in active threads which is obviously the point. But at the time of posting, he was essentially bumping an old thread with no recent news to tell us that he thought one of the best midfielders in the world would probably be quite a good player for us. Its like bumping the Ronaldo thread to say I think he will probably score a lot of goals next year.

I bet you're a virgin.

Barcelona have ruined him by playing him as a forward/winger. He is quickly waiting for Xavi to retire...

I'd be amazed if he replaces Xavi. Totally different style of players and he'd have to change his game significantly to take up Xavi's role.

If we did sign him, and Anderson stayed we'd need a new song

It's about the 4th paper to link him with us in May. Fergie said once he would of loved to have signed Fabregas but it would of been impossible for us. Would love him here, great player, knows the Premiership and can score quite a bit from midfield. Even playing deeper like he did at Arsenal.

If we put in a £30m bid I think they'd consider it.

We'd be daft not to pay £30m for him. It's whether he's want to come here or not.

The only other issue I would have is if they would want a solid buy back clause put in this time. We wouldn't accept that for a start but I certainly wouldn't want any sort of "saga" a few years down the line. That said, in a few years he will be 29, you'd have to think if he left Barca this time they wouldn't have him back any older. They either shape him now for the future or decide he isn't the player they hoped he would be for them.

David, sign him up, David, David sign him up!

If we are considering spending upwards of 20m on fellaini then you'd have to hope we would be trying to make similar approaches for players like fabregas and gundogen, we've missed out on other players going cheap before like sneijder when he went to inter. I think real will look to keep modric now, his performances picked up towards the second half of the season. But you'd hope we were seeing what the situation was with the other two.

In Thiago's case it's not about being willing. A release clause takes away their power to say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.