Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabregas would never just join. There has to be an illusion for Arsenal fans to accept it ;) Maybe this is the experienced player Sir Alex was referring too....:cool:

Nobody is reliable until it appears on official club websites. I don't see us getting Cesc or Thiago for that matter. The annoying thing is we are in the dark still about what transfer strategy the club will be following. Are we going for the clubs targets under Fergie with a lot of the groundwork already been done or go with Moyes targets? Outside of Strootman I am not sure if United and Moyes would have had similar targets.

Nobody is reliable until it appears on official club websites. I don't see us getting Cesc or Thiago for that matter. The annoying thing is we are in the dark still about what transfer policy we our following. Are we going for the clubs targets and not waste the groundwork been done there or go with Moyes targets? Outside of Strootman I am not sure if United and Moyes had similar targets.

When have the supporters ever not been in tbe dark? I'm sure United and Moyes know what the plan is.

He's Barca for life now, let it go people.

Let it go? I think they'll keep him but there's a reason why United may have sounded out Barca and Fabregas.

Guardiola recommended selling Alves and Pique at the end of last season, and suggested they keep a close and critical eye on Fabregas. All allegedly of course. But that doubt is another part of the reason why some of the Barca crowd have given Fabregas a hard time and raised questions about how he fits into the team.

Nobody is reliable until it appears on official club websites. I don't see us getting Cesc or Thiago for that matter. The annoying thing is we are in the dark still about what transfer strategy the club will be following. Are we going for the clubs targets under Fergie with a lot of the groundwork already been done or go with Moyes targets? Outside of Strootman I am not sure if United and Moyes would have had similar targets.

Would have to be United's established targets. The majority of players Moyes would have eyed up the past few years would not be anywhere good enough for United.

Wouldn't Fergie have discussed the transfer strategy of the club with Moyes before his official appointment though? I'm sure we have several players on our radar and Moyes must have been made aware of our interest in said players.

Wouldn't Fergie have discussed the transfer strategy of the club with Moyes before his official appointment though? I'm sure we have several players on our radar and Moyes must have been made aware of our interest in said players.

Doesn't mean he wants the same players does he? I guess it all comes down to how he wants us to play.

All transfers from now on should be Moyes'. And that includes any targets we may have been looking at this summer, it has to all be handed over to Moyes, unless he is happy with our targets anyway. Should be his call.

Exactly. Should the cub have been in for a player before is kind of irreverent. It's up to the new manager now to decide whether he wants that player or if he wants to look for a different one.

I'm sure not all of our targets suit Moyes but surely some will, after all good players are good players regardless of the managers.

Really don't see him here. Would be fantastic piece of business but just don't see it happening. He seems quite a loyal guy who listens to his heart - reckon he'd go back to arsenal if he came back to England.

Really don't see him here. Would be fantastic piece of business but just don't see it happening. He seems quite a loyal guy who listens to his heart - reckon he'd go back to arsenal if he came back to England.

Surely he'd want to win trophies. Whilst I do think he'd maybe be too loyal to Arsenal to join another English club, I'd imagine if he were to leave Barcelona, it's be to a club competing for silverware.

Barca to Arsenal would be a massive step back, I dont see him doing it. But I do agree with you, dont see him joining a rival either. The problem then is though and am sure he knows it, the options get very limited unless he does bite the bullet and moves to another English club. Italian clubs cant afford him, Bayern dont need him, Real isnt an option.

Well if he listens to the little boy then he'll come here :)

Surely if a bid was accepted, Arsenal would be foolish not to exercise their first option on him. Even if they don't really need him, it would be crazy for them to let Fabregas go to us.

Surely if a bid was accepted, Arsenal would be foolish not to exercise their first option on him. Even if they don't really need him, it would be crazy for them to let Fabregas go to us.

They couldn't though...

We would destroy them in wages, and they would give up like the little boy in the playground they are these days.

They couldn't though...

We would destroy them in wages, and they would give up like the little boy in the playground they are these days.

Then it comes down to him directly turning down his former club if wages are his main motivation (as well as winning trophies I suppose).

Exactly. It's always been very unrealistic and I don't see it happening. If he became available, there are loads of other clubs that'd be in for him and I definitely see him picking those before United

Then it comes down to him directly turning down his former club if wages are his main motivation (as well as winning trophies I suppose).

It's one thing to respect your former club, it's another to pick them ahead of a club that will offer you higher wages, is larger, and has a better team.

It's one thing to respect your former club, it's another to pick them ahead of a club that will offer you higher wages, is larger, and has a better team.

And actually win trophies.

Lets face it, you don't leave the best team in the world of the past few years winning absolutely everything to join up with the fourth best team in England who win nothing.

Well the other aspects he might consider are going to a city he knows he is comfortable in, probably prefers London over Manchester in anycase, playing for a better manager and being guaranteed to be adored and loved by the fans from day one.

Arsenal would be the easy choice and one he shouldn't take in my view. There are just other factors he would consider rather than money and trophies particularly if Arsenal are prepared to spend this summer.

And actually win trophies.

Lets face it, you don't leave the best team in the world of the past few years winning absolutely everything to join up with the fourth best team in England who win nothing.

I left that bit out because SAF is no longer our manager so nothing is really guaranteed anymore.

Bearing in mind that Fergie decided to retire way back at Christmas, the club has had plenty of time to prepare their transfer strategy, probably with a quiet word in Moyes' ear.

Have we signed him yet?

Yes!

fabsign.jpg

I will suck the dicks of a thousand sewer rats if this happens.

It won't happen though, so I'm in the clear.

Like every other season, you mean?

The clubs transfer strategy will be not to come out with any statements regarding their transfer strategy - it's only likely to make things more difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.