Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Barcelona could use a goalscorer. The absence of Messi and decline of Villa highlighted this. No Eto'o to provide that cutting edge.

Why not a Rooney for Fabregas + cash swap?

Maybe that's too much, even for the tabloids to print. Nani for Fabregas then?

Keep Rooney AND get Fabregas? There would be serious dressing room unrest. Rooney is already feeling overshadowed by RvP's goals. How will he cope being overshadowed by Fabregas' fantastic barnet as well?

He broke through properly playing with Gilberto, though he was great when moved forward too, outdid Lampard for stats while obviously being better at running games. He was brilliant in Ronaldos wonder season.

He broke through properly playing with Gilberto, though he was great when moved forward too, outdid Lampard for stats while obviously being better at running games. He was brilliant in Ronaldos wonder season.

I prefer him a lot more in CM rather than further forward. I thought he was good as the attacking mid in his final Arsenal season but brilliant as a real midfielder.

I'd rather we took Thiago off them, who I feel can be better than Cesc anyway.

If Fabregas was old, I think that would be a decent call. But I think I'm right in saying he's only 26. And he wouldn't be much more expensive that Thiago, because he's under-performed slightly for Barca whilst Thiago is their prize prospect.

I think Thiago is more likely to actually want a move, though.

Bale
Van Persie
Zaha

Kagawa
Fabregas
Carrick

Hehe. It's that time of year again ;)

No seriously...it will be an interesting summer.

If Fabregas was old, I think that would be a decent call. But I think I'm right in saying he's only 26. And he wouldn't be much more expensive that Thiago, because he's under-performed slightly for Barca whilst Thiago is their prize prospect.

I think Thiago is more likely to actually want a move, though.

I suppose, Cesc is young enough for it to not be much of an issue, plus he's played here before.

That said, Thiago may just be simpler due to not having the Arsenal controversy attached.

Fabregas is better than Tiago now and better than him when he was the same age. So don't see your point, besides him being young.

The idea of getting Fabregas, and for around 20million has to be one of the least realistic stories of recent times.

Would needless to say be amazing though, I don't think anyone will have forgotten how many Fabregas assisted goals Van Persie scored.

Would love it to be true he's a top player. We have needed a midfielder for sometime, if there's and chance in hell of signing Fabregas we should go for it.

If we do sign him, there should be special dispensation for the use of muppet gifs and pics. Nothing except an image of Kermit the Frog disgracing himself will do justice to my elation.

Get RvP on the phone to him. If Fergie stayed I reckon he'd have been tempted but I don't see him being that bothered about working under David Moyes.

He was excellent in his final year here while playing in the hole. Barcelona form isn't a good way to judge how effective a player would be elsewhere because their system is so different from most others.

Don't Arsenal have first refusal on him?

First refusal just means they have to match an offer that's accepted and the player decides where to go...doesn't mean they can dictate where he actually goes, providing his first preference isn't them.

Status
Not open for further replies.