Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's easily worth 35 million. He's only 26, and was the best CM in the premiership when he was here. Would be great alongside Carrick.

I also read somewhere...before you ask yes i do read although mostly on Twitter, that Moyes is looking for a goalscoring CM and a DM.

Felliani has to be the DM

I'd happily see the club go to £45m, maybe even £50m to get him. Seeing how players who are largely untested youngsters are going for £30m plus, £40m plus for a player who should be hitting his peak right now and will set us up for at least 6 years, who we know can tear it up in the PL doesnt seem a risky investment to me

All this talk about Moyes's record vs the big teams.

In the last six years the average league finish for Everton has been 6th.

In the six years prior to his taking over it was 15th

Spot on. What's the argument? That his truly excellent record is somehow a fluke - because he has a poor record against Liverpool? People are funny. That derby has had a life of its own for decades - and has probably meant more to Liverpool in recent years than it used to when they were a top team. And the fact that Everton have struggled against the top four (teams that have been top four for a reason) is, if anything, an indication that the top four have taken them seriously.

I remember people banging on about this when Moyes was announced - the crowd that wanted Maureen, mainly. I never understood that particular hang-up. You could use such an argument against a top four manager (even that would be spurious, since where you finish in the end is the only thing that matters in a league, results against single opponents matter feck all in themselves) - but against someone whose sides have clearly over-performed considering the available resources, it rings hollow indeed.

Not really, but he did say that Thiago leaving is a very good for Fabregas at Barca but I could've told you that.

Ok, thanks, Balague is also saying the same.

If United have truly made a bid then that would suggest there must have been some encouragement.

Few twitter sources, and the talking heads on SSN seem to think we'll need to up the bid to at least £35 million before Barca even think about it.

Which to be fair, is probably a realistic price and tbh, he's probably worth that much. £25 million for a player who can consistantly get double figures in assists/goals in the premiership and la liga, i think we're just testing the waters with that bid.

Aye, the 25m has pretty much got to be a conversation starter.

This doesn't make any sense- why would he leave barca (the club he loves most), especially now thiago has gone, and why would he come to united rather than arsensal (the club he loves second most).

And why was the bid made public?

Strikes me as a bit of posturing by utd to stop the fans getting too pissed off over the thiago deal falling through.

Either that or rooney is involved somehow.

I love that we're making a move for Fabregas but I just can't see Barca selling unless they bring in someone else themselves.

This doesn't make any sense- why would he leave barca (the club he loves most), especially now thiago has gone, and why would he come to united rather than arsensal (the club he loves second most).

Strikes me as a bit of posturing by utd to stop the fans getting too pissed off over the thiago deal falling through.

We're only going to get more pissed off if (when) we lose out again.

I love that we're making a move for Fabregas but I just can't see Barca selling unless they bring in someone else themselves.
Pretty similar to my thought process. No way will they sell Fabregas and Thiago without someone coming the other way.

Either way though, they will still have sold two world class midfield players.

Sid Lowe on Talksport saying this move is not going to happen.

Like Graham, Sid has no insider pipeline at Barcelona. Can't comment on United but his take on the possibility of a transfer is inconsequential. He's a writer, nothing more.

When is next press conference for either us or Barcelona ?

Rosell's just come off the TV blah, blah, blah, Messi, Villa, Abidal, Neymar, Iniesta, Xavi, Valdes, Alba blah, blah, blah Alcantara, Thiago Silva. No mention of you know who.

Sometimes I wonder if papers conspire to create these sagas between them in order to give credibility to a story and get hits.

I don't think so but they usually tend to just copy stories that other papers run when it comes to transfer rumors and that without mentioning that they just have their information from another football tabloid.

So is there any indication at all what way barca are going to swing on this?

It's a smokescreen for...*drum roll*...Fellaimey!

I think the case could be made that were it not for the sugar daddies we'd have matched you or bettered you over the last decade too.

If you took away two teams that spent £500m each (net) to amass a team of all stars, which ultimately wrestled the title from us 4 seasons out of 9, United would be massively, massively stronger. Even if we go on the premise that Arsenal would have kept hold of some of their stars (unlikely as they don't pay the wage required to keep World Class players) and been stronger, United would have the pick of pretty much any player who wanted to play in the Premier League. We would still be paying £200-250k a week to World Class players, whilst Arsenal would still be paying £120k and therefore losing their best players (whilst also having to pay off their stadium debt). It is just starting to manifest itself in Germany, whereby the number 1 can comfortably cherry pick the players from the number 2, which willinevitably lead to a perpetual one horse race.

Arsenal would have done better, no doubt. They'd have probably won a League title (out of our sheer complacency if nothing else) or possibly 2 in the 9 seasons and probably a few FA/League Cups... But the League would be pretty boring. Also bear in mind that City have essentially gifted you £70m over the past few years, which hasn't had any effect on the quality of your signings.

Take at look at the Portuguese League if you want a more accurate reflection of competitiveness where one team is far, far larger than the rest.

How many times is this stupid point going to be brought up?

Do you not think that it makes even less sense that United would put in a bid for a player we supposedly have little chance of getting, just to please the people that are pissed off at us not signing Thiago? think about it, it's retarded.

Moyes - Tearing it all down (Stage 1), eh Duffer? :D

Stage 1? Stage 1 was dumping all your coaches. Stage 2 was keeping the feckless gimps you have in your medical staff. Stage 3 is getting rid of (or keeping a sulking and uninterested) Rooney.

Signing a feck-ton of Everton players is stage 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.