Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the case could be made that were it not for the sugar daddies we'd have matched you or bettered you over the last decade too.

We've had to compete with sugar daddies as well.

Fact is, Wenger's lost his ability to unearth a gem in the transfer market.

Listen Moyes, you're not at Everton anymore. We're not gonna be happy with not signing anyone - and no, Baines and Fellaini are not going to make any difference to that, so don't even go there.

I know you're new at the club and scared of fecking up with your first signing. At this point I don't care who you sign as long as it's some big name like Özil, Ronaldo, Fabregas, Modric etc. You already told us we have money to sign anyone, so let's get started you ball eyed little prick. I'm getting really tired of waiting for every 5th year for us to sign a big name while every other club is putting bus loads of players into their system every season! Juve does not have a rich arab-russian owner. Still they can get whatever name they want. How about us?

:lol: yeah Moyes man...

Eh? When did i ever say that the club want to show they have money? Find me the post. I said they want to show we're after top players.

Moyes had already said that we're after the best players in the game. Do you really think that he's desperate enough to make a good impression on United fans, that he'd also make a 25m bid for Fabregas?

I think that it's ridiculous to assume something like that.

I don't know how you can post;

Helmed by a manager who's never won a big trophy. I'd be worried if SAF were still in charge but Moyes is a different situation.

and not consider it a critique.

Eh? When did i ever say that the club want to show they have money? Find me the post. I said they want to show we're after top players.

Meh, same thing. And it's the same stupid point that's been trotted out countless times already today. What does deliberately failing to sign big players achieve?

After Thiago, I'm never looking at another transfer thread the same way again. I wasn't too excited about Hazard/Moura et al, because they weren't centre mids.. the thought of getting Thiago was too much to handle. Fabregas used to be my ideal midfielder for us, but i'm not too sure of his ability in deeper positions as I haven't seen him play there in ages. If we've got shitloads of money, why not put in an offer for Gundogan!

You're the Anti Neviller so! Hurrah!

I don't know how you can post;

Helmed by a manager who's never won a big trophy. I'd be worried if SAF were still in charge but Moyes is a different situation.

and not consider it a critique.

It's more of an acknowledgment of the aura of SAF than a comment on Moyes. Your club is wholly built on the personality of SAF and it's a massive change that's happened with him going. Moyes is a good manager but I don't think he'll ever approach the level of SAF and your days of domestic domination are over.

I think the case could be made that were it not for the sugar daddies we'd have matched you or bettered you over the last decade too.

Yes, because those sugar daddies have only effected you, not us :lol:

It's more of an acknowledgment of the aura of SAF than a comment on Moyes. Your club is wholly built on the personality of SAF and it's a massive change that's happened with him going. Moyes is a good manager but I don't think he'll ever approach the level of SAF and your days of domestic domination are over.

I don't think any of us are deluded enough to think we will continue with the same rate of success as we had under SAF but we will still be a major force in England and will continue to win titles albeit at a slower rate.

Now, now - don't get too carried away.

The sugar daddy point is one I'm willing to accept, however. The landscape changed dramatically with Roman's arrival. Then again we dealt with the change better than you did - there are multiple reasons for this, but it's a fact that we did. Fergie being the most important of these reasons, undoubtedly. I respect Wenger in many ways - but he ain't Fergie.

Dear God, i've sat reading the last few pages, with people bitching back and forth, thinking how pointless it was.

I also sat reading stupid opinions, and then i come across this:

And realise how ignorant some people are.

This thread has gone from debate and excitement into a cock-swinging contest between a few people.

Meh, same thing. And it's the same stupid point that's been trotted out countless times already today. What does deliberately failing to sign big players achieve?

I think we're trying our luck. We've got money to spend and can probably get lesser midfielders but are trying to sign a top player in Fabregas even though it is unlikely but at least we've tried. If it works then incredible, if not then we'll sign a lesser midfielder. Again, this is just an assumption. If Barca want to sell him and Cesc wants to leave, i'll be very shocked and over the moon. The chances for that though? Personally, I think unlikely. If you disagree then you're entitled to that.

Now, now - don't get too carried away.

The sugar daddy point is one I'm willing to accept, however. The landscape changed dramatically with Roman's arrival. Then again we dealt with the change better than you did - there are multiple reasons for this, but it's a fact that we did. Fergie being the most important of these reasons, undoubtedly. I respect Wenger in many ways - but he ain't Fergie.

I don't deny that you had the edge over us in head-to-head meetings and it was endlessly frustrating for me sitting through all those defeats. But we put together great teams that pushed you all the way on several occasions. The next lot of new stars was coming through but then Chelsea blew everyone away. I don't think you can deny that it would have been Arse and Man Utd fighting for the title most years.

There's simply no way that this is on, bid or no bid. I know players lie, but why on earth would Fabregas say

"I’ve always said that I’m happy at Barca. Whoever says that I’m leaving doesn’t know me and has never spoken with me.
Nor have they spoken with my agent, because he knows I don’t want him to talk with other people about me.
I’m very private and I don’t even talk about these things with my family.
If someone says anything that isn’t that I want to play at Barca, it’s completely absurd”

if there was any chance at all that a bid would convince him to leave? Even if we offered Barca enough to tempt them, they can't force a player with a contract to leave.

Doesn´t make any sense to make a bid if Fabregas camp didn´t encourage a move. Could it be that we asked about Fabregas first but he was not so keen on the move so Moyes went for Thiago instead? But after giving it more thought/or something happened Fabregas change his mind and that´s why Moyes interest in Thiago went cold and that deal dragged on until Pep came calling?

We've had to compete with sugar daddies as well.

Fact is, Wenger's lost his ability to unearth a gem in the transfer market.

Depends what you mean by that phrase. Nacho Monreal will turn out to be a terrific signing for Arsenal. Maybe he isn't earthy enough.

You don't seem to be able to read and comprehend very well. Do yourself a favour and stick to transfer waffle.

And your responses seem to come from the perterstory book of wumming. When in doubt post a smiley or make a sarcy remark.

I think we're trying our luck. We've got money to spend and can probably get lesser midfielders but are trying to sign a top player in Fabregas even though it is unlikely but at least we've tried. If it works then incredible, if not then we'll sign a lesser midfielder. Again, this is just an assumption. If Barca want to sell him and Cesc wants to leave, i'll be very shocked and over the moon. The chances for that though? Personally, I think unlikely. If you disagree then you're entitled to that.

That's not what you said initially, though. If you had I wouldn't have taken issue, but you trotted out the tired old "bidding even though they know it'll fail" line that's been spewed out endless times already today.

I don't deny that you had the edge over us in head-to-head meetings and it was endlessly frustrating for me sitting through all those defeats. But we put together great teams that pushed you all the way on several occasions. The next lot of new stars was coming through but then Chelsea blew everyone away. I don't think you can deny that it would have been Arse and Man Utd fighting for the title most years.

True, and if you had won a title or two over those years you would probably still have the 4-5 great players who left you. RVP, Fabregas, Song, Nasri, Clichy may all still be there.

It would have been, but we'd have won as much competing with you than we have done competing with the sugar daddy clubs. Perhaps more. They hindered both clubs, but us being already bigger and better than Arsenal, were hindered slightly less.

I'd rather be competing with Arsenal than the sugardaddy clubs. I've much more respect for Arsenal as a club than I ever will for Chelsea or City.

You wouldn't have won more than us, though. You couldn't do it before Chelsea and City came on the scene. Why would you have suddenly done it without them? It's not like you finished ahead of us but behind them on any occasion.

Over the past 6 years Everton have finished 5th, 5th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 6th
In the same time Arsenal - 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th, 3rd, 4th

So with far more resources, better players, bigger revenues, more appeal to players, bigger wage budgest etc etc Arsenal have managed to finish what? on average 2/3 places higher then Everton in the past 6 years. Not exactly fantastic is it?

The distance between the two teams was far bigger than their places would suggest though, in general I'd say both managers have done a decent job recently. I know we like to laugh at Wenger's inability to win trophies recently but truth is with the emergence of extra rich clubs like City and Chelsea it's impossible for a club with limited resources to overcome all obstacles on the way to the title. They still managed to look competitive about twice in the last half a decade. Moyes is yet to prove he has what it takes to win trophies too.

It would have been, but we'd have won as much competing with you than we have done competing with the sugar daddy clubs. Perhaps more. They hindered both clubs, but us being already bigger and better than Arsenal, were hindered slightly less.

I'd rather be competing with Arsenal than the sugardaddy clubs. I've much more respect for Arsenal as a club than I ever will for Chelsea or City.

This, definitely. And especially the last line. My best mate is a hardcore gooner so I've always had a certain amount of respect for them, but the Chelsea-City era really makes you long for the days of United-Arsenal at the top. I think the league would be better for it too.

Moyes' teams have been shocking in the big games, his record v Liverpool is appalling.

You wouldn't have won more than us, though. You couldn't do it before Chelsea and City came on the scene. Why would you have suddenly done it without them? It's not like you finished ahead of us but behind them on any occasion.

I don't claim we would have won more than you.

This, definitely. And especially the last line. My best mate is a hardcore gooner so I've always had a certain amount of respect for them, but the Chelsea-City era makes you long for the days of United-Arsenal at the top. I think the league would be better for it too.

Those matches between United and Arsenal from 97 to 2005 defined the Premier League. Exhilarating football played at breakneck speed by some of the finest players in Europe. It was the English equivalent of El Clásico. Dynamite.

I wouldn't deny that, certainly not. And for the record I preferred the competition with Wenger's team to the later battles with Maureen's Chelsea - and that other club, well, no need to mention 'em at all, is it? I even preferred the competition with Rantin' Rafa's boys that one season to anything associated with the daddies. But the world spins on, it would seem, regardless of my preferences.

To the matter at hand: If it should turn out that Barca are willing to let Fabregas go I personally wouldn't rule Arsenal out. If they can get a couple of decent signings in AND Fabregas back - they might line up with a fairly decent side. It isn't impossible for Wenger to sell the concept to his old protege, I think people are being a bit too dismissive there. He'd get CL football right away, it's not like trying to lure a top shelf player to an absolute backwater.

Honestly can't see why Fabregas would choose to play for Moyes. Just can't see why he would rate him as a manager compared to having worked with the likes of Guardiola and Wenger before. I mean you can talk all the bollocks of Wenger not winning a trophy, but consistently making sure Arsenal qualified for the Champions League is a great feat all things considered.

He probably didn't think he'd be leaving after 2-3 years. Probably won't mind you, but I doubt it's gone as expected for him at Barca.

He leaves now I think it may be an admittance of failure on his part. He's still pretty young and can still be a integral part of the Barcelona team in the near future. If he leaves though it would make his whole "I want to go back home' be all bullshit.

Honestly can't see why Fabregas would choose to play for Moyes. Just can't see why he would rate him as a manager compared to having worked with the likes of Guardiola and Wenger before. I mean you can talk all the bollocks of Wenger not winning a trophy, but consistently making sure Arsenal qualified for the Champions League is a great feat all things considered.

As long as Wenger's still at Arsenal, Cesc won't play for Utd nor any other Premier League club.

Status
Not open for further replies.